Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (115740 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Ivynwa(f): 3:07am On Sep 22, 2010
Hey! Is this where my Pips are and I didn't know all along, infact God bless the second I saw this thread and to think of all the sweet spiritual enriching stuffs that I have missed out on. Can somebody update me on how far into the fellowship you guys have gone? Did I say that I love my praise and worship real good, hope you guys are not done with that because for me church or fellowship with no praise and worship is like eating chaffs that did not nourish my body one bit. I mean it is the food of my soul so let me sing one first to get into the spirit and join the fellowship------Allelluiah Somebody! Somebody praise the lord! Alleluiah! Everybody make some noise for the Lord! (Ivynwa claps her hand and makes some sweet holy noise and began to sing)------I will call upon the Lord, for he is worthy to be praised, I will worship and adore for he is worthy-------The Lord Reigneth, blessed be the rock, let the rock of my salvation be exalted! (Ivynwa lifts holy hand to the Lord and continues singing) Hosanna, Hosanna blessed be the rock, let the rock of my salvation be exalted---------Amen.

Ivynwa joins the fellowship proper
Let me begin with sharing my two verses for the year with the house
Isaiah 35:2----  It shall blossom abundantly, the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it,the excellency of Carmel & Sharon, & the excellency of our God
Is 60:13----      The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, & I will make the place of my feet glorious
Isaiah 60:13 ----  I will make thee an eternal excellency[color=#000099][/color]

Alleluiah! Hey! I love to sing in the choir, do we have a choir in the house so that I can enroll for choir practice. Sorry Pips, hope I did not make much noise in the church today, forgive me if I did but I do love my church bubbly and spirit filled at the same time.
Ehn! I just noticed that people don't really talk here, they just post their verses----Ewoooo, I hope I have not broken the rules my people, make una no vex-o-o Ojare, I am just being fun in a Godly way and if that is not accepted here,somebody can tell me so that I can keep mute when next I come to church and just post and run. Byeee everybody, Pastor I didn't get my welcome hug today maybe when next I come and help me tell the choirs that I love it when we sing inspiring songs that move the spirit for real and make one feel next to God for sure. Bye Pastor, Bye Pips
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:07am On Sep 22, 2010
The Comfortable Church
September 22, 2010

"Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and unclothed" (Revelation 3:17)

This is the heart of Christ’s rebuke of the church at Laodicea, the "lukewarm" church (v. 16) of the last days.  This is an evangelical church for its candlestick is still in place (note Revelation 1:20; 2:5), but it has become a neutral church, "neither cold nor hot" (3:15).  The reason for its tepid witness is because it has become "rich, and increased with goods," comfortable in a culture which tends to equate material prosperity with success and God’s favour.  It may have acquired large and beautiful facilities, developed special programmes of many kinds, featured a variety of musicians and other artists, and even gained a measure of political power.  Yet, Christ calls it poor and blind and unclothed!

Not all large churches become like this, of course, but it is always a real danger.  The desire for large congregations can easily lead to compromising biblical standards of doctrine and practice.  "Woe to them that are at ease in Zion," the prophet warned (Amos 6:1).

Note that the Lord began His letter to the Laodicean church by identifying Himself as "the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God" (Revelation 3:14).  This strongly suggests that a major reason for the development of such complacency in a large church (or a small church, for that matter) is neglect of these three doctrines--the sufficiency of Christ, the inerrant authority of God’s Word, and the special creation of all things by God.

The letter to this church ends with the sad picture of Christ standing at its door, seeking admission (v. 20).  "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches" (v. 22). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40am On Sep 22, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
Lift up your face. You are of great value to me.
Do not hang your head in shame or disbelief.
Look into my eyes for there is no need to look away.

There is nothing you can do to change my heart for you.
You have been grafted into my family. Your sin has already been washed away.
Hold your head upright and see where I am guiding you.

Lift up your eyes and look past the horizon. See with a new boldness.
Walk in a new affirmation of whom you are in me. It's time to stop listening
to the distortion the enemy sets before you.

You are victorious. Lift up your face that I might see you.

The LORD said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him, "Raise your eyes
now, and look from the place where you are, northward and southward and
eastward and westward; for all the land that you see I will give to you and
to your offspring forever.
I will make your offspring like the dust of the earth; so that if one can
count the dust of the earth, your offspring also can be counted.
Rise up, walk through the length and the breadth of the land, for I will
give it to you." Genesis 13:14-17 (NRSV)
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46pm On Sep 22, 2010
Saved to Serve

TEXT: MARK 5:11-20

"Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee" (Mark 5:19).

The encounter of the demoniac of Gadarene with Jesus is a proof that none meets Him and remains the same. This man who had been demon-possessed became a living example of Jesus’ power.

As soon as he regained his consciousness and was now in his right frame of mind, he desired to follow Jesus all the way, but Jesus turned down his request and, instead, urged him to go and share the good news of his deliverance to his friends and relations.

How we need to reciprocate the goodness of the Lord in our lives by being committed to preaching the good news to sinners. We should not hide the good news of what the Lord has done for us. The miracle of salvation, healing, deliverance, provision, etc., we got from the Lord through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ on the Cross is enough to motivate us to spread the gospel message. Having tasted of His power, it will not speak well of us if we keep quiet and keep everything to ourselves. Many out there need such words of encouragement of what the Lord has done for us so that they also can receive their own blessing from the loving Saviour. Just as we would tell others about a doctor who cured a physical disease, we should tell others about Christ who cured our sin. We should not relent our effort in bringing the message of hope to the door step of sinners. Where you are right now is the right place for you to start. You are saved to serve!

Thought for the day: "Spread the message of hope"
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2010
Be Bold!

Be bold, stand tall! Fear not, falter not!
Go! Know who you are; know
whose you are. Throw off the shackles that have held you, you are free!
Allow My plan to prevail; the day is dark, the times are treacherous,
but I have seen and I have known and prepared for it.

Do not slack, and do not be stubbornly obstinate. Do not look back,
but proceed; for I will proceed with you, and you will not be deterred
of detoured. Allow that which I have placed within you to motivate you.

You will succeed, you will have victory, so sanctify yourself to the
truth. Seek the truth, speak the truth. Realize the time, understand
the season. See My plan unfold. Arise, be about your Father's work; as
Jesus did, so you will do.

Set your face like flint.
Flinch not at the onslaught of the enemy.
It is an illusion, for truly the enemy has lost already. Do not
wander aimlessly, but walk with purpose.
Choose, decide, and do not be moved. 

A new time is coming, a new day, when the promises will be seen.
Unlike Abraham, you will see what I have promised come to pass. Come
out from the darkness of your own understanding, walk into the light
of My revelation. Be diligent, be obedient and I will be faithful.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:47am On Sep 24, 2010
Touch From The King, by Yolanda Ballard

Just one touch from the King is all that you need to set your life in the right direction, and along with that a dimension of warfare that will never fail.  For when you get a touch from your heavenly Father, you receive a life that is holy and righteous along with prosperity and health, fruit that grows abundantly, and a love that repels the darkness and brings healing to everyone in its path.

I want you to know that you have had this touch from the King when you first became born-again, but that is not all that happened to you.  You became a citizen of this heavenly kingdom of righteousness and peace, but many do not act like they are a true citizen. 
They take their citizenship lightly, and they don’t take a stand and enforce their rights against the enemy of the land and their life in the land.

I tell you this day that you need to rise up, and be strong, and enforce your authority before the enemy robs you of this citizenship. 
If you give him an inch, he will take it all.  Every open door, iniquity, and every open window, curse, that remains open will once and for all rob you of every benefit that you have in the kingdom of God. 
Wake up before it is too late. 
There are bombs that are falling and warfare all around that you don’t see. 
Plans have been made even before the foundation of the earth from the enemy to destroy you and to come against My plan and purpose,
but he cannot succeed in hindering what I have set out to do.

For I have won the war at Calvary. 
For I have paid the price for your victory in this fight for life and death, blessings and curses,
and you need to stay on the side that prevails no matter what price you have to pay. 
What you lose now in this fight does not matter in the long run. 
What you give up now will be returned to you one hundredfold in this life and thereafter.

So I tell you this day to search your heart for any wicked way that would hinder you from entering into My blessings and rewards upon your life.  Watch and pray while there is still time to prepare, for when the door is shut to the wedding supper of the Lamb, that is all the time that is left. 
Be one of those that will sit by My side at My banqueting table where My banner over you is love. 
Be one who overcomes their life even unto death, and reap a reward and a crown that lasts forever. 
And there will come the day when you will bow down, and cast forth your crown before My throne,
and surely you will know that it was worth it all!

For I will say to you, “Good and faithful servant you have been to Me.
Come into My everlasting reward”.

Yolanda Ballar
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Sep 24, 2010
The First Christian
September 24, 2010

"He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light" (John 1:cool

Perhaps the least understood and appreciated man in the Bible is the man who was the first Christian soul winner, missionary, martyr, disciple, and pastor, as well as the first to make disciples for Christ, to acknowledge His deity, to baptize converts to Christ, to be imprisoned for his faith, and to teach concerning Christ, as Christ later commanded in His great commission.

John the Baptist is often mistakenly called the last Old Testament prophet, but that was Malachi, 400 years earlier. John was actually the first Christian! He leaped in joyous recognition of Christ while still in his mother's womb (Luke 1:44); in fact, he uniquely (apart from Christ) was "filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb" (Luke 1:15).

He was such a godly man that he was often mistaken for Christ, and John the apostle even had to stress that John the Baptist was not really that Light, but that God had sent him to bear witness of the true Light--Jesus Christ. Christ Himself testified that no greater man than John the Baptist (not even Noah, Abraham, Job, Moses, or Daniel!) had ever been born (Matthew 11:9-11).

In no sense was the message of John an "Old Testament" message. He preached the deity of Christ, redemption by His sacrificial death, and salvation only through faith in Him (John 1:34, 29; 3:36). He "began" the gospel message (Mark 1:1-2) and baptized and taught disciples whom he then directed to Christ. Their baptism was "Christian baptism." In fact, John had baptized Christ Himself! Finally, when he had " ready a people prepared for the Lord" (Luke 1:17), he was imprisoned by Herod and executed because of his faithful witness for Christ. He had given the "knowledge of salvation unto his people" (Luke 1:77). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:25am On Sep 24, 2010
Thou, Oh Lord -- The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y284YvkYrZo?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]

Many are they increased that troubled me
Many are they that rise up against me
Many there be which say of my soul
There is no help for him in God

But thou, oh Lord are a shield for me
My glory and the lifter of my head
Thou, oh Lord are shield for me

Repeat

I cried unto the Lord with my voice
And he heard me out of His holy hill
I laid me down and slept and awaked
For the Lord sustained, for he sustained me

Thou, oh Lord are a shield for me
Thou, oh Lord are shield for me

Repeat Twice
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18am On Sep 25, 2010
His Truth
September 25, 2010

"And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the Lord led me to the house of my master's brethren" (Genesis 24:27)

This verse contains the heart-warming prayer of Abraham's servant when he realized God had led him to the home of Isaac's future bride.  It also contains the first mention in the Bible of the word "truth."  Illustrating the principle of first mention, it is significant that the truth of which it speaks is the truth of God.  Scientists and educators today profess to be searching for truth, and many religions and philosophies profess to have the truth, but all true truth is of God!  To look for it anywhere else is to be "ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Timothy 3:7).

Similarly, the first mention of "truth." in the New Testament is Matthew 14:33: "Then they that were in the ship came and worshiped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God." Truth is found in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit.  "When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth" (John 16:13).

The Holy Scriptures are made up of truth.  "Sanctify them through thy truth," prayed the Lord Jesus, "thy word is truth" (John 17:17).  "Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth" (Psalm 119:142).

On the other hand, everything that is false (that is, contrary to the tri-une God and/or His inerrant Word) must have its ultimate source in the enemy of truth, Satan, "which deceiveth the whole world" (Revelation 12:9), "for he is a liar, and the father of it" (John 8:44).

The Lord's "mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations" (Psalm 100:5), but "all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Revelation 21:cool. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2010
SUPPER WITH OUR KING :

Summoned home, the call has sounded,
Bidding a soldier his warfare cease;
And the song of angels resounded,
Welcomes a warrior to eternal peace.
Praise the Lord! from earthly struggles
A comrade has found release.
Death has lost its sting, the grave its victory;
Conflicts and dangers are over;
See him honored in the throne of glory,
Crowned by the hand of Jehovah!

Strife and sorrow over,
The Lord’s true faithful soldier
Has been called to go from the ranks below,
To the conq’ring host above.

Once the sword, but now the scepter,
Once the fight, now the rest and fame,
Broken every earthly fetter,
Now the glory for the cross and shame;
Once the loss of all for Jesus,
But now the eternal gain.
Trials and sorrow here have found their meaning
Mysteries their explanation;
Safe, forever in the sunlight gleaming
Of His eternal salvation.

Fernando Pauwels
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Fant(m): 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2010
Praise God,
i don't know how to really express my joy for this great thread.
I simply stopped visiting This section of NL {RELIGION} because i said it was not contributing anything to my spiritual life since all i get is some useless threads where God and His servants are are openly criticised without fear.
But today, God directed my eyes to this board again and what do i have here? A wonderful thread like this. I have been searching for something like this. I hope i didn't miss much since i came in very late.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2010
Be Patient
September 26, 2010

"Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh" (James 5:cool

Many of us have been looking for the return of the Lord Jesus for a long time.  This writer has kept a simple little plaque on his office wall for over 50 years.  It reads: "Perhaps today," and serves as a daily reminder that today might indeed be the day when He comes again.  We do long for His appearing, and as things seem to grow worse in the world year by year, it is easy to become impatient--or perhaps even despondent--when He doesn't come.

Yet day by day "the coming of the Lord draweth nigh!" as our text teaches.  "For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry" (Hebrews 10:36-37).

Even the first-century Christians had to learn patience as they also anxiously were awaiting Christ's return to deliver them out of their tribulations--tribulations which were so great they seemed to fit "end-time prophecies."

"Occupy till I come" (Luke 19:13) is His admonition to all who await His second coming.  "Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing" (Luke 12:43).  But rather than hoping the Lord will come quickly to free us from our tribulations, we should "count it all joy when [we] fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of [our] faith worketh patience" (James 1:2-3).  We need patience, and "tribulation worketh patience" (Romans 5:3).  For God will render "to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life" (Romans 2:7).  We should "be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises" (Hebrews 6:12).  "Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord" (James 5:7). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Nobody: 5:00am On Sep 27, 2010
[size=14pt]Travel to America on scholarship. Visit http://scholarships.targetedtweets.com/
and choose Scholarships from the menu on top and apply. They are accepting applications for Africans

http://scholarships.targetedtweets.com/[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:47am On Sep 27, 2010

Listen To Me

If you would only come to realize how short a time you are on this earth,
you would seek My face with your whole heart.
I desire so much for you, but you can limit Me.

Some children will listen to their parents, and some will not. At this
time and hour, your best interests are served by listening to Me.
After all, you are only on this earth one time.
There are no second chances to
live over--you need to fulfill My heart's desires for you this time.

What will you choose?
Will you listen to Me, or to the desires of your
own heart? I have your best interests at heart.
The hour is late, and it is time for you to draw near and listen to Me.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:46am On Sep 28, 2010
I Found God in WiFi,

This summer, we went on a cruise from Anchorage, Alaska to Vancouver, Canada. Both my husband and I are very "techie," and we noticed quickly, that our cell signals and WiFi connections vanished as soon as we set sail out into the deep, blue sea. Now I know most people can turn off their their cell phones on vacation, but David and I have iPhones and use ours to play games against each other -- games that require an internet connection. So when we sailed close to land, one of us would notice that the the "little bars" were back and jostle the other one so we could get quick access to Facebook, our email, and our latest game stats. Then we'd sigh as we saw our bars slowly disappear as we again sailed away from the nearest cell tower,I was reminded of this when I passed the sign at this great little church down the street from my house; it read:

PRAYER Needs No Internet Connection

During our cruise, David and I would be holding up our cells to find even one bar of signal. Luckily, GOD doesn't need a nearby cell tower to receive our prayers! He doesn't require a Hot Spot, WiFi, Ethernet cable, or Dial-Up Modem. He doesn't even need you to speak OUT LOUD for He can hear your thoughts, desires, lamentations, and prayers from right within your heart and mind.

The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
Psalms 145:18

Aren't we LUCKY that our God can get to us instantaneously?!
We don't have to wait for a priest, a portal, a telephone, or a WiFi connection!
We can talk, and laugh, and cry, and pray to the Lord of all directly.
And God would not want us to wait until Sunday!
He's available every day, every hour, every minute to each and every person on this Earth.
I don't need to call the cable guy or satellite technician, 
God has time for me NOW and is EAGER to hear from me.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Madukaele(m): 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2010
My God regins so i am not afraid of what 2morow may bring.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2010
The Fellowship of the Mystery
September 28, 2010

"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 3:9)

In the third chapter of Ephesians, the apostle Paul is outlining the tremendous message he had been called by God to preach. By special "revelation," God had "made known" to him the essentials of what had previously been a great "mystery" (vv. 3-4). Since all--both Jew and Gentile--had the same Creator, and since that Creator had now become the Redeemer, therefore all were to be "partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (v. 6).

Thus there was established a wonderful fellowship among all those whom He has created and redeemed. This great mystery, long hidden from the Gentiles and from the Jews (accustomed to viewing themselves as the chosen nation), must now give way to "the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord" (vv. 10-11).

That great purpose, now revealed, had from the beginning of the world been "hid in God." He had first "created all things by Jesus Christ" (see our text for the day) and "now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ" (Ephesians 2:13). He has forever reconciled both Jew and Gentile to the Father and to each other "in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (v. 16).

True fellowship between any two groups can only be on this basis. That is, both the creation of all things and the blood bought redemption of all things have thereby been completed through the Lord Jesus Christ. This former mystery is now fully revealed as the essential foundation of true fellowship with God and man. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:58am On Sep 29, 2010
Least in the Kingdom
September 29, 2010

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:19)

The Lord Jesus was evidently speaking here not of the differences between saved and unsaved people, but rather of degrees of reward in His future kingdom. The criterion for achieving "greatness" in the future life is simply to believe, teach, and obey the complete Word of God in this life, not just the major doctrines and general principles. Those who undermine any part of God's Word, either in teaching or practice, will be relegated to "least in the kingdom of heaven." In the words of the apostle Paul, such a person "shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire" (1 Corinthians 3:15).

Thus no Scripture is unimportant, for "all scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable" (2 Timothy 3:16). In fact, the verse just previous to our text, providing the basis for the Lord's warning about breaking even the least commandment, is His remarkable assertion about the verbal inerrancy of Scripture: "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" (Matthew 5:18).

There are many Christians (especially among intellectuals) who say they believe the Bible, but are nevertheless quick to adapt their interpretations of Scripture to the latest speculations of scientists or to current fads of world living. This is insulting to God who surely can say what He means! "Yea, let God be true, but every man a liar" (Romans 3:4).

If we aspire to greatness in the coming kingdom, then clearly we must believe and teach "all the counsel of God" (Acts 20:27), according to His revealed Word. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
Verses for the Times?

These are the seasons of testing,
These are the contests of besting
Men against demons,
God against pretender
These are the reasons for  questing,
These are the handholds for wresting
Treasure from offcast, from humiliation to splendor
The heart of man sees his highest objective
Is winning the prize, the look in God's eyes,
Of Love!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by 2muchmani: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2010
*just passing, * Is the thread dead?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:03am On Sep 30, 2010
Taught by the Word
September 30, 2010

"Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end" (Psalm 119:33)

This eight-verse section (vv. 33-40) closely parallels a similar passage in Proverbs 2:1-5.  Both focus on being taught, gaining understanding, and keeping "the way" of God's Word.

Certainly worth noting is the manner in which the psalmist asked to "go in the path of thy commandments" (v. 35).  In every case, the request is for God's hand to control the process.  There is no indication that the psalmist assumed the capability of finding these truths on his own.

"Teach me, O LORD" (v. 33).
"Give me understanding" (v. 34).
"Make me to go" (v. 35).
"Incline my heart" (v. 36).
"Turn away my eyes from beholding vanity" (v. 37).
"Stablish thy word" (v. 38).
"Turn away my reproach" (v. 39).
"Quicken me in thy righteousness" (v. 40).

However, having prayed for God's intervention and oversight in his life, the psalmist promised to act on the given insight and order his life around "the way" so illumined by God's instructions.  He acknowledged his "delight" and his "longing" in the holy life and character revealed in the Scriptures and, like the Proverbs 2 passage, showed a willingness of the spiritual consciousness of his heart and mind to "understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:5).

May our prayer always be like this: "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by lawrenso: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2010
Hi analytical,
may almighty God enrich you greatly, the things of God are Spiritual and He only reveal them to those He wants to. Thank God we are one of those once. please send more of words like this for God need people like us to worship and praise Him God bless you. Have a nice day.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:17am On Sep 30, 2010
Now, this is what the LORD says, the one who created you, O Jacob, and
formed you, O Israel: "Don't be afraid, for I will protect you. I call you
by name, you are mine. Isaiah 43:1 (NET)

I speak to you, members of the e-mail list. I send my words of encouragement
and direction. You may read them, but you do not pray over or process what
I have said for you.

Be encouraged when I speak through to others and into you. Water the word
that it may grow; that you may prosper.

I speak to you of this prophetic school. I hear your many questions. I hear
you cry out. I hear when you ask the "why can't I" questions. I have
answered you. Are you going to reply? Are you going to step forth?

For those who ask for words that penetrate darkness and depression; for you
who ask to release help and encouragement: "Speak forth". You ask to grow
in me, so take that first step. Exercise the faith you have been given.
Release
the words and actions I show you and there will be more.

For you who ask to release healing: It is time to not only pray in the
safety of
your home. It is time to pray with and for hurting people. Ask them and lay
hands
upon the sick. It is time to minster my ways to those in need. Be directed
by my Holy
Spirit and you shall prosper.

I speak to you. Now demonstrate that you hear me. Be my messenger.

Steven W. Bliss
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Jubilee9ja(f): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2010
Tonight, Nigeria will finally have rest from every form of oppression. It's a new season already, It's Jubilee!

Position yourself for d Jubilee-Shout Tonight & ensure u take refuge in d blood of Jesus
so that the angel of destruction can pass you over.

www.nigeriasomethingisabouttohappen..com
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On Sep 30, 2010
Where will you be on 10:10:10?

http://www.nigeria101010.co.uk/index.html

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2010
The Bible Stands!
October 1, 2010

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever" (Psalm 119:160)

Very few books survive very long.  Only a few survive past the first printing, and science books especially get out of date in just a few years.

But one book is eternal!  The Bible stands!  Even its most ancient chapters are still accurate and up to date.  Furthermore, despite all the vicious attacks of both ancient pagans and modern humanists, it will continue to endure.  Jesus said: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33).  Even after everything else dies and all the bombastic tirades of skeptics and secularists are long forgotten, the Word endures.  "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever" (Isaiah 40:cool.

Note the oft-repeated testimony to this same effect in Psalm 119.  In addition to the comprehensive promise of today's text, this great "psalm of the word" also contains these affirmations: "For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven. . . . Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart. . . . The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: . . . Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever" (Psalm 119:89, 111, 144, 152).  Founded forever, inherited forever, settled forever, lasting forever!  God is eternal, and His Word was true from the beginning.

Men may, in these last days, arrogantly think they can "take away from the words of the book of this prophecy" (Revelation 22:19), but such presumption will only "take away [their] part out of the book of life," and the Bible will still stand.  "The word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Peter 1:25). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
THE COUNSEL OF THE LORD SHALL STAND

The counsel of the Lord shall stand. 
Though the peoples gather together with plans in direct challenge to the word of God,
THE COUNSEL OF THE LORD SHALL STAND!  The word that the Lord has spoken and purposed,  He shall bring to pass. 
But the counsel of the nations,  He shall bring to nothing and make the plans of the people of no effect. 
Woe to those who trust in horses and chariots…who put their hope and trust in the arm of flesh and the idols of man. 
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord. 
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord!!! 
Stand in fear and awe of the Great I AM…for He is zealous for His people and  His righteous deliverance draws near!

[b]Psalm 33:
8Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

9For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

10The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.

11The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

12Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

13The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.

14From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.

15He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works.

16There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength.

17An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.

18Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;

19To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.

20Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.

21For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.

22Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2010
"My Help Cometh from the Lord (Psalms 121)" by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir (lyrics courtesy of henrygirl)

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2nQALWDStA&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2nQALWDStA

Lyrics:

[Verse:]
I will lift up mine eyes to the hills
from whence cometh my help,
my help cometh from the Lord,
the Lord which made Heaven and Earth.

He said He will not suffer thy foot,
thy foot to be moved;
the Lord which keepeth thee,
He will not slumber nor sleep.

Bridge
For the Lord is thy keeper,
the Lord is thy shade
upon thy right hand,
upon thy right hand.

Nor the sun shall not smite thee by day,
nor the moon by night,
He shall preserve thy soul
even forever more.

[Chorus:]
My help, my help, my help,
all of my help cometh from the Lord.

[Verse]

[Bridge]

[Chorus]

[Bridge]

[Chorus]

[Vamp:]

[Altos:]
Lift up mine eyes,

[Sopranos:]
lift up mine eyes,

[Altos:]
unto the hills,

[Tenors:]
He is my strength,

[All:]
All of my help cometh from the Lord.

[Chorus]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by joshelen(m): 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2010
I Tim 6:6-12 There is a virtue you can afford not to have and it is contentment, it has great gain for godly people. Contentment does not mean accepting to be in that level forever but being happy and greatful to God whatever your condition might be, overcoming covetousness. the love of money exposes one to numerous temptation. As men of God seek after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience and meekness and you will see God promoting you. Righteousness exalts.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2010
Ride with Me
-----

Come ride with me. Ride in My glory. Ride for the glory that was set before Me.

Come ride with Me, I am riding in full dress and am rideing in victory. Come ride with Me don`
it hold back I will teach you to ride for some would we do not know how to ride but I will teach you what you need to know to be good riders.

There is a battle to be won not the battle as some would think.
Not the battle of Armageddon as some would be calling for.
Not the one that says the end of all. No this is one that is to prepare you for the future ones,
this one is to train you to stand and stand in the face of danger and to stand with Me.

Come ride with Me, for the battle is for the strong and the battle is for those that allow them selfs to become strong
and I will train you to become strong and to become soldiers of a mighty army.

Come ride with for the need to ride is now. The need to ride not for life it self but for the life that is to come.
It is for that reason that I came years ago.It is for that reason that you are called to ride with Me.
That reason is to set the captives free to overcome the enemy (I overcome him on the Cross)
but to many have forgotten that and to many fear for there own lifes.

That is why I say COME RIDE WITH ME.
I will lead you and protect you and train you.
I am The Way the Truth and the Life. COME RIDE WITH ME.

LOVE IN JESUS NAME

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.