Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116068 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:34am On Aug 20, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

i believe Christians have a responsibility to defend the truth of the gospel when ts being matched upon >>> recently took up a personal research on atheism & homosexuality (using the internet) >>> what I've seen is very disturbing >>> I'd read a book (Standing Tall by Steve Farrar) which touched on these issues but i didn't know it was this bad & rampant >>> what disturbs me even ore is that sooner or later Christians in Nigeria will be dealing with such issues >>> comments please ?

Check this thread where I posted a question relating to the subject you are referring to and see the responses of our people.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-461202.288.html#bot
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2010
Stewardship Among the Churches
August 20, 2010

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches" (Revelation 2:29)

In Revelation, the Lord Jesus dictated seven poignant letters to seven different churchs.  Two letters contain praise and commendation.  Two give grave warnings.  Three are mixed.

Smyrna (Revelation 2:8-11) was faithful in the midst of terrible persecution and was promised a "crown of life" for their steadfast testimony.  Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13) was commended because of its attention to the Word that was given as an "open door." These served with favour and were given a promise for victory.  Ephesus (Revelation 2:1-7) was doctrinally sound but had a love that had grown cold and was in danger of loosing the "lamp stand"--the very church relationship that kept them tied to service in the kingdom.  Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-22) was oblivious to their danger of expulsion.  They were neither "cold nor hot" (neutral) and had assumed that being successful and well thought of by the world was the goal of the church.

The opposites reflect the reaction among today's evangelicals to the foundational issues of biblical creationism and the pervasive impact of the approach to biblical inerrancy. Some, like Symrna, stand firm in spite of denominational disdain, social ostracism, or limited resources.  Larger "Philadelphian" churches boldly minister within their spheres of influence, heedless of the pressure to yield to the majority.

Sadly, many are like Ephesus and Ladodicea, so concerned over doctrinal technicalites that they have lost their love for the Word, the lost, and the kingdom.  More are caught up in the neutrality of acceptance and are concerned with "the praise of men" (John 12:43) than "sound doctrine" (2 Timothy 4:3).  Of all the resources available to us, God's Word is the most precious and requires proper stewardship.  One day, we will give an account for how we used it. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2010
Marriage Is Honourable
August 21, 2010

"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge" (Hebrews 13:4)

Ever since the divine union of Adam and Eve, the institution of marriage has been between a man and woman.  However, the "bed" has often been defiled, with all kinds of sexual perversions. Homosexual behaviour is often mentioned in the Bible, and always explicitly condemned, even being called an "abomination" by the Lord (Leviticus 18:22).  Adultery, fornication, prostitution, incest, bestiality, and all forms of sexual practice outside of heterosexual marriage relations are also condemned.  Indeed, "God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions" (Ecclesiastes 7:29).

Yes, but times have changed, we are told.  The so-called "gay" lifestyle is now a normal option, they say, and even "same-sex" marriages are acceptable.  Premarital sex, as well as adultery, are very common today, all over the world, often even impacting Christian homes and churches.  Indeed, the world has changed!

But God has not changed, and His commandments and purposes have not changed.  "For I am the LORD, I change not" (Malachi 3:6), He says.  In the last book of the Bible, the glorified Christ said that "the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Revelation 21:cool.

The Greek word for "whoremongers," incidentally, includes anyone who practices or promotes illicit sex of any kind and the Bible says that "whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." However, God will forgive and purge away any of these sins when they are repudiated and Christ is accepted as Saviour. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2010
Come Close!

Come to Me, My darling, My beloved, My sweet bride. Come, and let Me
kiss away the hurts, love away the fears, and wash away anything that
hinders. I don't want anything between us! I long over you with a love
that is deeper than the ocean, a passion far more powerful than its
waves. I desire to draw you close to Me, enfolding you in My embrace,
till your heart soars with delight and finds its deepest satisfaction
in My presence. You will find true peace and security in My embrace,
a sense of purpose, and your destiny. It is what you were created for!

Come, and lay down the burdens and the bondages that have been stumbling
blocks to you. Lay aside your own strength, the filthy rags of your own
righteousness, and take up My gift of sparkling white garments. Lay down
your own desires, and take up Mine, for as you delight yourself in Me, I
will give you the true desires of your heart.

Present yourself on the altar of sacrifice, and I will truly raise you
up in My resurrection life, that you may live in My abundance. This is
where you will begin to experience true intimacy with Me in its
fullness.

I desire for you to return, My great love, to make Me your over-riding
passion. I am jealous over My Bride, and I want your whole heart--
every bit of it. Search your heart, ask My Spirit to help you, and cast
down every high place that is not Mine. Open your heart to the life-
giving flow of My Spirit, Who can wash away all that is not of Me.

I am calling you to come close to Me, My Bride. I long to embrace you
fully. As you lay yourself on My altar, day by day, you will begin to
experience unity with Me as never before, and we will walk hand-in-hand,
together in purpose, rejoicing in love, spreading the glory of the
Kingdom.

Come close, My beloved, come close!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by sprayer(m): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2010

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship
« #31 on: August 11, 2008, 05:04 PM »

Quote from: ima1 on August 11, 2008, 04:57 PM
wow thanks for coming up with this idea, proves no one can say they did not have the opportunity to serve God, i am happy to be part of it, n thanks to Gamine for todays word, hope this would become a daily bible reading thing, especially for me because i don't read the bible much, if i could come online and get a dose of the bible then its a great thing.

I pray it happens, sister. That is my desire and much more.

And talking about prayers, do you realize that prayer requests can also be submitted online?

Just as physical direct prayers can be effective, online prayer requests are just as powerful.

The same God works His miracles all over irrespective of boundaries, media color or race.

Submit a prayer request at http://success-prayers..com/
See for yourself.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2010
Like the Most High
August 23, 2010

"I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High" (Isaiah 14:14)

These are two of the "I will's" of Satan--or Lucifer--as he aspired to usurp the throne of God as ruler of the universe (see Isaiah 14:12-15; Ezekiel 28:11-17). Not content to be "the anointed cherub," the highest of the angelic hierarchy (Ezekiel 28:14), he wanted to be God, and this monstrous pride became "the condemnation of the devil," (1 Timothy 3:6), so that he is now "fallen from heaven," and will soon be "brought down to hell," (Isaiah 14:12, 15).

Lucifer, of course, is not the Creator, for he was "created," (Ezekiel 28:15) himself. It would seem therefore that for him to rationalize his ambition to be like the most High, he must somehow persuade himself that he is like the most High--that is, that God is a created being like himself, and thus can be defeated. He only had God's word that he had been created by Him, and he evidently chose not to believe what God said (just as do multitudes of men and women today).

He, like they, chose rather to believe that the eternal cosmos had somehow created them all by its own powers. The great cosmos (call it Mother Nature, perhaps) has "created," spirit beings, as well as men and women, and all the worlds inhabited by them. In this scenario, the true Creator God is viewed as only one of many. Therefore He is vulnerable to defeat--or so Satan evidently believes.

Thus Lucifer became the first evolutionist, and this great lie by which he deceived himself became the basis of his later deception of Eve and then of the founders of all the varied pantheistic religions of the world, as well as modern evolutionism and "New Age" philosophies. Nevertheless, God is still on His throne, and "the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings" (Revelation 17:14). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by welovegod(m): 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2010
The Great Divider
August 24, 2010

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division" (Luke 12:51)

From the very beginning, God has been a great divider. On the first day of creation, "God divided the light from the darkness"; on the second day "He divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament" (Genesis 1:4, 7). When God first created man, they walked together in sweet fellowship, but then sin came in and made a great division between man and God. Nevertheless, "when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son" (Romans 5:10).

The price has been paid for full reconciliation with our Creator, but "men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19), so Christ Himself is now the One who divides. "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him" (John 3:36).

Jesus Christ divides all history and all chronology. Things either happened "Before Christ" (B.C.) or "in the Year of our Lord" (A.D.). Men are either under the Old Covenant or the New Covenant. Most of all, He divides humanity. "There was a division among the people because of him" (John 7:43; see also John 9:16; 10:19). These divisions because of Him can cut very deep. "The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother" (Luke 12:53).

Finally, when He comes to judge all nations, "He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: . . . And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal" (Matthew 25:32, 46). The division is life or death, light or darkness, heaven or hell, Christ or antichrist--and the choice is ours! HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52pm On Aug 25, 2010
The Wolf and the Lamb Together
August 25, 2010

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them" (Isaiah 11:6)

This scene seems impossible; could it be merely an allegory? But that isn’t all. "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent’s meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD" (Isaiah 65:25).

Whether this will all come to pass literally (and there is nothing in the context to cause us to question it), it definitely describes what God considers the ideal state of nature. In fact, in the original creation, all animals were herbivorous. "And God said, Behold, . . . to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so" (Genesis 1:29-30).

With man’s fall into sin and God’s resulting curse on the earth, this ideal state deteriorated. Teeth and claws, originally designed for digging roots and branches, began to be used for tearing and eating flesh. Even man was authorized by God to eat meat after the Flood (Genesis 9:3). It is still true, however, that both men and animals still can survive on a non-carnivorous diet when necessary, for this was designed initially as the best way, all of which leads to the certain conclusion that God did not allow any such reign of tooth and claw on the earth before man sinned. The contention of those who promote the idea of long geological ages, with billions of animals suffering and dying during those ages, charges our God of wisdom and mercy with gratuitous cruelty. In a world made by a loving God, there could have been no death in the world until man brought sin into the world (Romans 5:12). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2010

"I Want to be First"                                                                                                     
I want My children to get back to their Jewish roots.
You are grafted into the Vine.
I am the Vine and you are the branches.
You can do nothing without My help.
Draw from Me each day. Draw the sap from the Vine.
Draw the Truth from My Father- your Father. Hear His voice speaking to you.
Don't listen to the lies of the enemy. He comes only to steal, kill and destroy.
I have come so you could have life more abundantly.                                 
Trust in Me My little ones. Lean on Me totally for your sustenance.
Let Me fill you with My Presence.
Let My Light shine in every nook and cranny of your lives.
Let My Light dispel any darkness in you.
For the darkness can not overcome the Light, but the Light overcomes the darkness.
There is no darkness in Me, and there should be no darkness in you, My children.                                                                                                            Let My heart's desires shine through you.
Let them become your heart's desires.
Crave Me and thirst for Me when I can be found.
There will be times when I will hide My Presence from you temporarily.
I am testing you to see if you truly do love Me and want Me in your lives.
I don't do this to punish you, but to strengthen you in Me.             
For I love you My children with a jealous love.
I don't want there to be anything that gets between us.
No job, no spouse, no luxury, no thing, no person, no object!
I want to come first in your life always says the Lord your God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21am On Aug 26, 2010
King at the Flood
August 26, 2010

"The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever. The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace" (Psalm 29:10-11)

There are quite a few different Hebrew words which are translated "flood" in the Old Testament. The word in this passage (Hebrew, mabbul), however, is unique in that it is only used elsewhere in the account of the Noahic Flood, thus indicating conclusively that the dramatic scenes described in this psalm occurred at the time of the great Flood.

There was never in all history such a time as that, when "the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually" (Genesis 6:5). God therefore brought about "the end of all flesh" (v. 13)--no doubt millions, perhaps billions, of ungodly men and women--by the great mabbul.

In spite of the fact that nearly every culture all around the globe (made up of descendants of the eight survivors of the Flood) remembers this terrible event in the form of "flood legends," the very concept of God's judgment on sin is so offensive to the natural mind that modern scholarship now even denies it as a fact of history.

Nevertheless, the epitaph of the antediluvian world is written in stone, in the sedimentary rocks and fossil beds, everywhere one looks all over the world. The greatest rebellion ever mounted against the world's Creator by His creatures (both men and fallen angels) was put down by God simply by His voice! "The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many waters" (Psalm 29:3).

In all the great turmoil of the Flood, Noah and the righteous remnant in the Ark were safe through it all. In every age, even in times of stress and danger, "the Lord will bless his people with peace." HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 7:58pm On Aug 26, 2010
I am righteous, beloved.

I do all things well.

I do all to benefit My cause.

I do all to benefit My beloved.

I make no blunders, no goof-ups.

All that I do is done with a strong purpose and it is done well.

It accomplishes My goal.

My goal is to benefit all, in any circumstance.

Look on the heart of the One Who is righteous.

Look on My heart of love.

Contemplate it. It is good; it is pure.

My heart is filled with devotion for the ones that I love.

Regard this truth as a gift.

Regard it with satisfaction; for only I can satisfy.

Yes, only a righteous God can EVER satisfy a hungry heart.

Is your heart hungry for Me today, beloved?

Are you seeking the Righteous One

mary clark
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2010
Faith
August 27, 2010

"And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness" (Genesis 15:6)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On Aug 27, 2010
Triumph of the Lion of Judah
Friday, August 27, 2010

TEXT: REVELATION 5:1-7

"And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof" (Revelation 5:5).

Thought for the day: "It is finished! The battle is over!"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2010
How the Earth Is Filled
August 28, 2010

"For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea" (Habakkuk 2:14)

The very first command given to Adam and Eve was: "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth" (Genesis 1:28). This might seem to imply there had been a previous population (so-called "pre-adamites"wink but the word "replenish" (Hebrew, male) means simply "fill." Actually, in the King James Old Testament, it is translated by the Old English word "replenish" only seven times, whereas it is translated "fill" or "filled" or "full" some 250 times. The precise meaning is "fill."

Even today, with our so-called "population explosion," the earth is far from being filled with people. One thinks of our vast deserts, and inaccessible mountain ranges, plus the frozen wastes of Antarctica, for example. It may, however, once have been filled in the much more habitable world before the Flood, but it also was "filled with violence through them" (Genesis 6:11, 13). This, in fact, was the very reason God sent the great Flood to "destroy them with the earth."

The time is coming, however, as seen in Nebuchadnezzar's prophetic vision, as interpreted by Daniel the prophet, when a great stone--representing the future kingdom of God--will have "filled the whole earth" (Daniel 2:35). Then the great doxology of the psalmist will be reality. "And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen" (Psalm 72:19).

The prophet Isaiah also spoke of this time. "They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea" (Isaiah 11:9). The later prophet Habakkuk in our text beautifully echoed these words of Isaiah. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2010
His Master's Crib
August 29, 2010

"The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider" (Isaiah 1:3)

What an indictment this is--not only against the people of Israel, but against men and women everywhere. All were created and made in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27) for fellowship with Him, but even His own chosen people rejected Him, and most people everywhere all but ignore Him in their daily lives.

"Crib" is the same as "manger," and when God became man, His human parents "laid him in a manger" (Luke 2:7), as there was no room for Him anywhere else. The animals knew Him, and so did the angels, but His people were unconcerned. "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not" (John 1:10).

When He came into Jerusalem offering Himself as King of Israel, He rode on an unbroken colt, "whereon yet never man sat," and the little "foal of an ass" (Luke 19:30; Zechariah 9:9) willingly submitted, knowing his divine Master and Maker. But the people of Jerusalem as a whole joined in clamoring for His crucifixion just a few days later.

The indictment against Israel could be lodged with even greater justification against America today. "Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: . . . I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me" (Isaiah 1:2). The morals of our people seem to have been turned upside down, and God would say to us also: "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness" (Isaiah 5:20).

Yet--in modern America, as well as in ancient Israel--"as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1:12). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2010

Just Receive

I came to give you Life
Won't you just receive it?
I came to heal you
Won't you just believe it?

For when you receive,
you acknowledge the Gift;
empowered,
to move & breathe & live in you.
Light!
Fear is cast out by Love.
Faith is imparted--
to move mountains,
to heal & be healed
to restore as you have been restored,
to prosper & impart,
to love, to know, to honor your Father,
and to know: "I am free by the Blood of the Lamb
and healed by His stripes and filled with His Spirit."

So go ahead, just believe & receive My fullness this very moment.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by welovegod(m): 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2010
When we belong to God, loving Him first, and the people we love also belong to God, then we do not lose them when they die.
The relationship is simply interrupted until we, too, finish our earthly business.

Read More at http://ilovegod1./

Remember, Your Love for God must be Genuine and true.

Remain Blessed

Follow me on http://twitter.com/IsaacSuccessO
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43pm On Aug 30, 2010
Milk or Meat
August 30, 2010

"For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil" (Hebrews 5:13-14)

The Scriptures are compared in these verses to our daily food--milk and meat. Milk is the necessary food for babies (1 Peter 2:2), but it becomes grotesque when a baby continues year after year as a baby, still incapable of partaking of anything but milk. This was the case with the Corinthian Christians who were, according to Paul, "babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it" (1 Corinthians 3:1-2). It was also true for these Hebrew Christians: "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again . . . the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat" (Hebrews 5:12).

Sad to say, this is still the situation with most Christian people today, even in Bible-believing churches. This is indicated not only by the many carnal divisions between them (1 Corinthians 3:3), but even more by the frothy nature of the Christian materials they read, almost always centred on introspective personal relationships rather than on the person of Christ, the deeper truths of Scripture, and the great purposes of God. The time spent in personal Bible study is minimal, and even most sermons repeatedly serve up milk for Christian babes rather than strong meat for spiritually healthy Christians "of full age" whose "senses" have already been strengthened by use to recognize the true and the false, the good and the evil. How urgently we need to heed the last words of the apostle Peter, just before his martyrdom: "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00am On Aug 31, 2010
The Faithful Martyrs

TEXT: REVELATION 6:9-11

"And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled" (Revelation 6:11).

Some saints will go through avoidable suffering during the great tribulation period without rescue as many martyrs of church history had done. But their suffering for keeping the faith they had earlier compromised or refused to believe will be unparalleled.

Our text shows an altar which is supposed to be for sacrifice of animals in the temple to atone for sin. But instead of the animals’ blood at the foot of the altar, John sees the souls of martyrs who have died for preaching God’s word. These are those that will be slain during the tribulation period. Some of them had missed the rapture because of compromise. Some will believe immediately after the church has been raptured. But the holy ones will not be around to meet the antichrist here after the church is taken up. Even now, in the face of persecution, rejection and death, we need to stand firm and endure to the end. Only those who endure to the end shall be saved.

The martyrs in our text are eager for God to bring justice to the earth and deal with their enemies; but they are reminded of God’s own time table. We may wish for justice immediately too, but we must be patient because God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to the knowledge of the truth. As a pilgrim, hold steadfastly on to God, He will avenge you of your adversaries in due time.

It is much easier to keep the faith now than to go through the suffering of the tribulation. It is wise to receive Christ today and hold on to the faith till the end. Do not yield to the temptation to compromise or deny the faith for any reason. Be steadfast and faithful in trial, even unto death as getting to heaven is our ultimate goal.

Thought for the day:  "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54am On Aug 31, 2010
Are You A good Person?

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSUKIhjevo?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2010
The Omniscience of God
August 31, 2010

"O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me" (Psalm 139:1)

The marvelous 139th Psalm consists of a prayer by King David to his King, the omniscient, omnipresent, holy, Creator God, the King of kings.  In this psalm David reflects on and praises God for His majestic attributes, and by doing so, is driven to introspection.

David claims that God knows when we sit down or stand up (v. 2).  He even knows our thoughts (v. 2).  Furthermore, He knows our direction and habits (v. 3).  He knows our words better than we do ourselves (v. 4).  In everything, God knows and guides (v. 5).  "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me" (v. 6), David claims, and neither he nor we, trapped as we are in finiteness, can comprehend this omniscience.

Where can we go to escape His omnipresence (v. 7)?  Neither to heaven nor hell (v. cool.  Not to the air or the sea (v. 9).  Neither darkness nor light (vv. 11-12) can shield us from His presence.  In all, He leads and guides (v. 10).

Thinking such lofty thoughts should compel us to praise and thankfulness as it did David, especially as it relates to our own creation and growth.  God knew us in the womb (v. 13) and controlled each stage of our embryonic development (vv. 14-16).  He knew and planned all the events of our lives (v. 16).  "How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God!" (v. 17).  They are innumerable (vv. 17-18).

Reflection on God's holiness makes David painfully aware of his own sinfulness, as it should us.  Recognition of God's nature should bring us to a place of submission and a desire for holiness, as well as a yearning to follow fully the omniscient God.  "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (vv. 23-24). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13am On Aug 31, 2010
Women Builders

TEXT: NEHEMIAH 3:8-1 3

"And next unto him repaired Shallum the son of Halohesh, the ruler of the half part of Jerusalem, he and his daughters" (Nehemiah 3:12).

Thought for the day: "Give your best to the Master"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2010

"Rainbows of Love"
My children, I have given you rainbows as a symbol of My love and My promises to you.
Every time you see a rainbow remember how much I love you, and how much I want to do for you.
You are My joy and My delight!
I have made you in our image- The Father,The Son and The Holy Ghost.
Don't ever forget that! Nothing is impossible for Me! I can do all things but lie. I can not lie!
I will keep My promises to you, but you must also do your part.
You must believe that I exist and that My Son died on the cross for you.
You must receive Him into your heart. And allow him to purify you and your heart.
You must be obedient. You must follow My instructions.
You can't be off doing your own thing and ask Me to bless it or to bless you.
My plans and My purposes for you are so much better than anything you could ever come up with for your own lives.
I want to pour My blessings out upon you.
I want to saturate you with My love for all eternity.
I want to draw you close to Me to protect you from the evil one.
To let no harm come to you in any way shape or form.
Although, you will go through difficult times, I will always be there with you.
I will never leave you nor forsake you. My Hand of protection is upon you.
Now, come My Beloved! Let's spend some good quality time in My bedchamber getting to know one another more intimately.
Let Me lavish you with My love and heal all the hurts, the wounds, the pains, the scars and the offenses. Rest in Me MY Beloved.
Let Me refresh you and strengthen you in Me and My Presence says the Lord your God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2010
The Rod from Jesse's Stem
September 1, 2010

"And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD" (Isaiah 11:1-2)

This is one of the great prophecies of the Old Testament, clearly foretelling both the human and divine natures of the coming Messiah. Jesse was the father of David whose line of kingly heirs would eventually be cut off by virtue of their sins (e.g., Jeremiah 22:28-30; 36:30). Yet God had also promised David that his seed would, indeed, establish his throne forever (2 Samuel 7:16; Jeremiah 33:17).

Therefore, there must somehow arise a "rod" (literally, "shoot"wink out of the "stem" (literally, "dead stump"wink of Jesse's family tree, emerging as a live "Branch" from the roots of this tree. This would eventually be fulfilled in Christ's virgin birth, with the legal right to David's throne transmitted through Joseph (see the genealogy in Matthew 1:6-16), but the natural birth from Mary, a descendant of Jesse and David via Nathan, another of David's sons (see Luke 3:23-32) who had not been in the kingly line.

Thus, Christ was fully human from conception on, but the conception itself would have to be miraculous. At the same time, He would still retain His divine nature, for the seven spirits of God (note Revelation 1:4) would be fully present in Him. These seven spirits (actually one Holy Spirit, manifest sevenfold as the Spirit of the Lord, of wisdom, of understanding, of counsel, of might, of knowledge, and of the fear of the Lord) would be fully and constantly present in Him. Of no other man in all history could all this be said. Jesus Christ alone has fulfilled Isaiah's ancient prophecy. "In that day there shall be a root of Jesse, . . . and his rest shall be glorious" (Isaiah 11:10). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40am On Sep 02, 2010
Great and Precious Promises
September 2, 2010

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust" (2 Peter 1:4)

Scripture is full of promises, more than 2,800 in the Old Testament and more than 1,000 in the New. The first of these exceeding great and precious promises was the Protevangel ("first gospel"wink of Genesis 3:15. Immediately after the Fall of Adam and Eve through the temptation of Satan, that old serpent, God promised the coming Seed of the woman, the Saviour: "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; [He] shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

The first New Testament promise, significantly, is this same primeval promise, now made far more specific: "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21).

The last promise of the Old Testament speaks of a second coming of "Elijah the prophet," who will "turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers" (Malachi 4:5-6). Then, the final promise of the Bible is the wonderful assurance of Christ concerning His glorious second coming: "Surely I come quickly" (Revelation 22:20).

Sandwiched between these great and precious promises are over 3,800 other promises. Some of these are in the form of promised warnings to the sinner, but promises nonetheless. Most promises, however, are to the obedient follower of God, and we know that "he is faithful that promised" (Hebrews 10:23). "For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us" (2 Corinthians 1:20). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2010
Dare to Stand Out

TEXT: EZRA 4:1-6

"But Zerubbabel, and Jeshua, and the rest of the chief of the fathers of Israel, said unto them, Ye have nothing to do with us to build an house unto our God" (Ezra 4:3).

Thought for the day:  "Evil communication corrupts good manners’"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09pm On Sep 02, 2010
Triumph over Opposition
Thursday, September 9, 2010

TEXT: EZRA 4:7-16

"We certify the king that, if this city be builded again, and the walls thereof set up, by this means thou shalt have no portion on this side the river" (Ezra 4:16).

Thought for the day: "The Lord will fight for you today"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2010
Pie in the Sky
September 3, 2010

"And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God" (Revelation 19:9)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2010
Oh Well

But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth
and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe
in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
(Rom. 10:8-9)

Strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees My child. It is time to
unstop the well within you which has been buried and covered over by
the shifting sands of time, and the wind storms of life. No longer do
you need to be parched, as you seek to quench your thirst in this dry
and weary land. For deep within the caverns of your inner most being is
an enclosed spring of living water, ready for your command to well up
to eternal life.

Therefore as deep calls to deep, begin to decree a thing so as for it
to be established. Make steady your hands, because whatsoever you bind
in heaven, will be bound on earth and whatsoever you loose in heaven,
will be loosed on earth. Therefore begin to use that which you have been
equipped with, the confession of your mouth mixed with faith.

Beloved that which you can see, you can behold. Therefore do not look
at the snakes and scorpions that slither and crawl along the surface of
the dry desert land, for they are only temporal and not eternal. But
proclaim the invisible to become visible, by saying: "Spring up Oh well!"

My child, hidden beneath the facade of this world and all the other
carnal things which do not bring about everlasting joy, is the well of
wealth and wellness. For out of the overflow of your heart, the mouth
speaks.

Therefore begin to release by tapping into the fresh water that bubbles
up inside of you, so as to quench the thirst of those thirsting for
righteousness. Take time to draw from this well by faith, for it is
your faith that will enable you to be well in times of drought.

Child, it is time to believe again, to confess and declare that which
you can only see by faith. For I am the Giver of life, and with joy you
can draw water from My well of salvation, because many waters cannot
quench love.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2010
I have come to clothe you,
to clothe you within Myself,
to wrap Myself around you in strength and power.
But you, My children, must dress for the battle.

Do you not see that many of you are naked?
Do you not see that many of you are not prepared for battle?
I come to clothe you and prepare you for battle My children.
This battle, this victory ahead, it is Mine.

Yet I am inviting you to stand beside Me,
to show you that victory is yours,
but you must choose to allow Me to clothe you.
I will not take My own into battle naked and unprepared.

Do you see that My fires are preparing you?
Do you see that My fires are burning away
garments not of My own for you?
I will not send My children out in clothes of defeat.

Wrap yourself in Me, stand in My shadow.
Stand in My clothing, My armor for you.
Wrap yourself in My truth, ask My spirit to reveal truth.
Let My righteousness cover your breast, your heart.
Stand with your feet firmly in My peace,
peace from being within My shadow,

Wrap your mind with the knowledge of your salvation,
put on My helmet of salvation
and know that I have come that you might be saved.
Give to Me your hands, hold My sword within your hands,
allow My words to make it living and active.

Come to Me in your faith, the faith which I have given you.
Come and wrap your being in My life.
Come and dress yourself in Me.
If you come in faith, dressed and prepared for battle,
surely you will find Me.
I invite you to come and seek and dress in Me.

This is My battle, My victory,
but if you come prepared,
I will meet you within your faith
and we shall stand side by side,
and you will see My victory revealed.

I do not ask for My children to come alone,
to stand in their own strength,
to win a battle on their own,
but to come to Me in faith wrapped up in Me.

I am faithful to those who are faithful.
I will protect you because you love Me.
Come, believe I will meet you there within your faith.

Come, love Me and wrap yourself in Me
and your enemy will be consumed
under My shadow,
as we walk and move as one
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2010
Our Sins
September 4, 2010

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all" (Isaiah 53:6)

As Christ hung on the cross, the Jewish leaders felt that He was guilty of blasphemy--a mere man, claiming to be God.  In short, they felt that He was dying for His own sins.  Their tragic misconceptions, however, were predicted centuries before, as recorded in the treasured 53rd chapter of Isaiah: "We hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. . . . we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted" (vv. 3-4).

But not so! God did not punish Him for His sins, but for ours. "He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities" (v. 5).  "For the transgression of my people was he stricken" (v. cool.

The penalty for sin has always been death, and even though "he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him" (vv. 9-10).  He was the perfect "offering for sin" (v. 10) and "he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors" (v. 12).  Justice has been served!  "He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many" (v. 11).

Furthermore, through His death, even our griefs have been borne and our sorrows carried (v. 4).  In addition to all this, our peace has been gained through His chastisement and our healing has been accomplished with His stripes (v. 5).

Such considerations can drive us only to the most complete prostration of wonder and amazement.  Necessitated because "all we like sheep have gone astray," God's justice has been satisfied, because Christ, in love, has taken upon Himself "the iniquity of us all."  As in the hymn: "Love so amazing, so divine, demands my life, my soul, my all." JDM

For more . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.