Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,356 members, 7,868,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116418 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2010
Daily Manna

No Oppression Please
Saturday, March 13, 2010

TEXT: EZEKIEL 32:1-16

"Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of Egypt, and say unto him, Thou art like a young lion of the nations, and thou art as a whale in the seas: and thou camest forth with thy rivers, and troubledst the waters with thy feet, and fouledst their rivers. Thus saith the Lord God; I will therefore spread out my net over thee with a company of many people; and they shall bring thee up in my net" (Ezekiel 32:2,3).

Lions are one of the largest members of the cat family.  The lion is a magnificent animal that is portrayed as a symbol of power, courage and nobility.  The throaty roar of a lion can be heard more than 8 kilometers (5 miles) away.  Lions are powerful hunters.  Their great strength and terrifying roars have earned them the title, king of beasts.

The king of Egypt was represented under the figure of an animal of prey, such as a lion or crocodile due to his strength and fierceness, for cruelty and tyranny, which he exercised against many nations.  Israel also was kept in Egyptian bondage for more than four hundred years, when Pharaoh mightily oppressed them.  The prophet Ezekiel predicted the fall of the king of Egypt, thus ending a reign of wickedness and oppression.  The figure is then changed; and the greatness of his fall (described by the darkening of the sun, moon, and stars) strikes terror into all the surrounding nations.  The prophet adds that the overthrow of the then reigning Egyptian dynasty was to be effected by the instrumentality of the king of Babylon, who should leave Egypt so desolate, that its waters, should run as pure and smooth as oil, without the foot of man or the hoof of a beast to disturb them.

One fact about the reign of tyranny is that they do not last. Rulers who take it upon themselves to oppress their subjects have never been in the good books of God. Oppressive and tyrannical regimes from Egypt and Babylon in Bible days and other tyrants of contemporary times have, one way or the other, faced the wrath of God.

Serve the Lord with humbleness of mind and spirit and desist from all acts of oppression and wickedness.

Thought for today: Today’s victor can be tomorrow’s victim.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58pm On Mar 13, 2010
The Beginning of the Creation 
March 13, 2010

"But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female" (Mark 10:6)

These words of the Lord Jesus Christ ought to settle once and for all, for those who take His words seriously, the controversial question of the age of the earth.  The earth was created essentially at the same time, He said, as the creation of Adam and Eve.  Christ was quoting from Genesis 1:27: "male and female created He them."  This greatest of God's creative works was "from the beginning of the creation," not 18 billion years after the beginning of the creation, as modern old-earth advocates allege.

One can understand why atheists believe in evolution and an almost infinitely old universe, for they really have no other alternative.  One who believes in a personal God, on the other hand, only dishonours God if he believes such humanistic speculations rather than God's Word.  God is omniscient and omnipotent, as well as loving and merciful, and He would never do anything like this.  The great ages assumed by evolutionary geologists supposedly involved billions of years of suffering and dying by billions of animals before man ever evolved.  Surely this would have been the most inefficient, wasteful, and cruel method that ever could have been devised for "creating" human beings.  Since man's creation was God's main purpose, there is no conceivable reason why He would waste billions of years in such a meaningless charade as this before getting to the point.

In fact, the only reason He took six days instead of an instant of time was to serve as a pattern for man's work week (Exodus 20:8-11).  In fact, the Lord Jesus Christ was not only a creationist, but was Himself the Creator of all things (John 1:3; Colossians 1:16; etc.).  Therefore, He is the best possible witness as to when He created man and woman, and He said it was "from the beginning of the creation!" HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16am On Mar 14, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:02am On Mar 14, 2010
Daily Manna

Golden Key that Opens Heaven
Sunday, March 14, 2010

TEXT: 2 KINGS 19:1-19

"And Hezekiah prayed before the Lord, and said, O Lord God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth" (2 Kings 19:15).

The spectacle of a nation praying is more awe-inspiring than the explosion of an atomic bomb. The force of prayer is greater than any possible combination of man-controlled powers, because prayer is man’s greatest means of tapping the infinite resources of God. Prayer moves the hand which moves the world.

Prayer is the key that opens to us the treasure of God’s mercies and blessings; it is the key that shuts us up under His protection and safeguard.

Hezekiah had great confidence in God. Faced with the threat of the Assyrians and horrified at the mockery of the Lord, he turned to God and entreated Isaiah to pray for Jerusalem and God’s people. He took the letter which demanded that Jerusalem surrender to God’s house, spread it out before the Lord and prayed earnestly.

Prayer crowns God with the honour and glory due to His name and God crowns the prayerful Christian with honour, glory and comfort.

The most praying souls are the most assured and comforted. When troubles come into our lives, family, business or fellowship, and circumstances seem out of control, we must do just as Hezekiah did by drawing near to God in fervent prayer. God has promised to deliver us from every evil work and to preserve our soul to His heavenly kingdom. By holding on to God in our heart with trust and faith in His promises, we shall have peace, joy and victory. Prayer supplies us with a flow of sustaining power in our daily lives.

Thought for today: Prayer moves the hand which moves the world
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:52am On Mar 14, 2010
Settled in Heaven
March 14, 2010

"For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven" (Psalm 119:89)

There are yet quite a number of unsettled controversies among Bible scholars as to the original text of certain passages in both Old and New Testaments. In fact, a frequent objection raised to the doctrine of biblical inerrancy is that, since all the original "autographs" have been lost, we can never really be sure of any passage.

It is interesting to speculate on what happened to those manuscripts directly inspired by God and penned by Moses, John, Paul, and the others. It is strange that they all simply disappeared, with not a hint as to their history. If they had been preserved in a church or monastery somewhere, they would soon have become idolatrous objects of worship, so it is probably best they are gone.

But where did they go? The famous "ark of the covenant" similarly vanished at the time of the Babylonian invasion, and many fruitless searches have been conducted for it even in modern times. In this case, however, we do have a remarkable revelation. "And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament" (Revelation 11:19). Evidently, the ark has been translated into heaven! We must realize that heaven is a real place in this eternal physical cosmos. Enoch and Elijah were translated there in their earthly bodies, and Christ is there in His physical resurrection body.

If, perhaps, angels somehow carried the original manuscripts of God’s Word to heaven after enough copies had been made to assure its faithful transmission on earth, placing them there in the ark, like the tablets of the law when it was still on the earth, this would surely give added meaning to our wonderful text verse: "For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven!" HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Ddy(m): 9:01am On Mar 14, 2010
sharp sharp
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by denniz(m): 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2010
Praise God, He's so merciful, kind, loving and gracious. There's none like him.

Thanks for opening this topic brother,

God bless.

(Amen)

grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 6:11pm On Mar 14, 2010
Prophecy:  Whoever Honors Me I will Honor (karyn sartor)

Whoever Honors Me I Will Honor

My precious children, I have heard your songs and prayers expressing a desire to honor Me, and this is very pleasing to Me.?
As you set your heart to honor Me, I will give you the grace to accomplish this,
and you will indeed grow in your ability to shine forth My light and walk in my ways.

Yet, My children, have you ever thought of how I honor you??
As you lift your hearts to me, I honor you with my manifest
presence.? As you bring your needs to me, I honor you with My comfort and My answers.?
In My word I say that ?those who honor me I will honor.?
?
Every one of my dear children has a ?place of honor? at My table ? a place meant just for him or her; a place of significance.?
When a family gathers for a meal, none of the children of the family who are present are excluded from the table,
but welcomed and included in the event.?
Likewise, each of My children has a special place at My table ? and in My heart.
?
In eternity, every one of my children will receive honor from Me, since each has welcomed and accepted my great gift of redemption.
When you offer a gift to someone, it is an honor to you when they receive it, rather than ignoring or rejecting it; therefore each of my children has honored me, and will be honored accordingly. This is the foundation for eternal life,
without which no one could dwell with Me in My eternal Kingdom.?
?
To this foundation each of you is adding, building, now, in this earthly life.? Once your foundation is sure, you can begin to build.?
Be careful how you build on that foundation, which is your eternal salvation through the blood of My Son.?
The fire of judgment will be applied to your works, and nothing that cannot withstand My fire will remain.
Every thought, every word, every thing you have done (that is not already dealt with) will be put through the fire.
Only those things that are done out of love for Me will remain.

Do not build with wood, thatch, or dry sticks ? works of the flesh, man?s priorities, which will not remain, and will go ?up in smoke?
on that day, causing a great sense of loss.? I urge you to purpose in your heart to build on your foundation with those things which will remain through the fire, like gold, silver, and precious stones.?
The fire will only make these shine more brightly.? Works of faith, love, obedience and humility will sparkle in the midst of the fire.

My children, I want to honor you in that day.? I want to declare to you and to all of Heaven how pleased I am with you.
Ask Me to search your heart; bring it all to Me.? I will guide your path in the way of righteousness if you place your hand firmly in Mine, seeking My will every step of the way.? If you misstep, come quickly to Me, and I will restore you and set you right again.
Do not listen to the voice of the enemy that would tell you to give up, or tempt you to wander from My path.
Remember that if you aren?t building carefully, even the foundation itself could be in need of repair.?

Bring it all to Me, my children, and I will help you build a glorious life in Me, that will honor Me, and, as part of the same process,
ultimately result in honor for you as?well.? I delight in rewarding my faithful children.
Rejoice, my preciousones, for great is your reward!

1 Sam 2:30b; 1 Cor 2:9; 1 Cor 3:11-15; Heb 11:6b

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 5:32am On Mar 15, 2010
"We Shall Behold Him" by Sandi Patty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OuuaLn__98&feature=related

Lyrics:

(Verse 1)
The sky shall unfold
Preparing His entrance
The stars shall applaud Him
With thunders of praise

The sweet light in His eyes, shall enhance those awaiting
And we shall behold Him, then face to face

(Chorus)
O we shall behold Him, we shall behold Him
Face to face in all of His glory
O we shall behold Him, yes we shall behold Him
Face to face, our Savior and Lord

(Verse 2)

The angel will sound, the shout of His coming
And the sleeping shall rise, from there slumbering place
And those remaining, shall be changed in a moment
And we shall behold him, then face to face

(Chorus)
We shall behold Him, o yes we shall behold Him
We shall behold Him, face to face
Our Savior and Lord
We shall behold Him, our Savior and Lord
Savior and Lord!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 5:47am On Mar 15, 2010
"If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.  And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand." (Mark 3:24, 25)

"We Will Stand" by Avalon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvttuqAaKNM&feature=related

Lyrics:

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand
Why we pull away from each other so easily
Even though we're all walking the same road
Yet we build dividing walls between
Our brothers and ourselves

But I,I don't care what label you may wear
if you believe in Jesus you belong with me
The bond we share is all I care to see
And we can change this world forever
if you will join with me
Join and sing, sing

You're my brother, you're my sister
So take me by the hand
Together we will work until He comes
There's no foe that can defeat us
When we're walking side by side
As long as there is love
We will stand

The day will come when we will be as one
And with a mighty voice together
We will proclaim that Jesus
Jesus is King
And it will echo through the earth
It will shake the nations
And the world will see
See that

The time is here, the time is now
To take a stand, to make a vow
I won't let go, you're not alone
Now and forever we'll sing together
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 5:50am On Mar 15, 2010
@OLAADEGBU

Many, many thanks for assisting me in posting the videos. May the Good Lord reward your kindness and perseverance in your service to Him. Again, thank you my brother!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:07am On Mar 15, 2010
It is time for those of My children who are in the "valley of decision" to set aside ALL doubt and fear, and move out into the place of Kingdom-prosperity and positioning - a Kingdom-prosperity and positioning that are the spontaneous fruit of one entering in [through faith and obedience] to the "fullness" of their precious inheritance [Covenant], in Christ. For one step of obedience in this hour from the place of a heart that is "wholly" given to Me will SURELY set them on the perfect course concerning entrance into the fullness of their destiny, in Christ, while one step backwards in fear and disobedience [a "maintained" fear and disobedience that is rooted and grounded in pride and rebellion] - will SURELY cause them to remain encompassed by darkness and confusion on all sides.

, "Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision", Joel 3:14 NASB

, "Who is the man who reverently fears and worships the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way that he should choose. He himself shall dwell at ease, and his offspring shall inherit the land. The secret [of the sweet, satisfying companionship] of the Lord have they who fear (revere and worship) Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to them its [deep, inner] meaning" [John 7:17; 15:15]", Psalms 25:12-14 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by minisower: 1:40pm On Mar 15, 2010
[
b]Jesus never makes a mistake.[/
b]Devotional Reading: Exodus 3:1-22
[/left[i]]“I am…the God of Abraham…Isaac, and…Jacob.” Ex 3:6 NKJV[/i]

Today we’re conditioned to think in terms of instant gratification. We’re the generation of lunch-time face lifts and text messaging; we hate to wait for anything. Think about the last time you had to wait for something to arrive by “snail mail,” or stand in line at the checkout counter.

Now, here’s where we get it wrong: we expect whatever God initiates through us to be completed - while we are still around to see the end result. We don’t like it when He decides to continue the work through another person - or worse - another generation!

However, that’s how God works. When God reveals something to you it’s usually within the framework of what’s already taken place before you came on the scene. He told Moses, “I am the God of your father…of Abraham…Isaac, and…Jacob.” God had made certain promises to Moses’ forefathers hundreds of years earlier, and now it was Moses’ time to take his place in the plan of God. Accepting that you’re a small link in a big chain can be humbling, but once Moses understood it he was able to connect with and focus on something bigger than himself.

“It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work” (1Co 3:7 - 8 NLT). It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you’re not concerned about who carries the torch over the finish line.

[left]Lord God, I humbly ask of You
The strength to do Your will;
I give to You my talents now
Your purpose to fulfill. -Cetas

Taking Point: Take and Accept your Place in the Plan of God. “The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” —Philippians 4:7
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2010
Daily Manna

God, Our Sure Refuge
Monday, March 15, 2010

TEXT: 2 KINGS 19:20-37

"For I will defend this city, to save it, for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake" (2 Kings 19:34).

For days, the snow fell unabated until the roof of the homes were heavy with snow.  One night, a robber entered a home occupied by a Christian man and wife and their baby.  As the robber moved about the room where all the three were sleeping, the baby began to move and showed signs of awakening.  The robber, fearing that the baby might wake and cry, and thus betray his presence, gently lifted the sleeping infant from his crib, and placed him just outside the front door.  The baby awoke and began to cry.  His crying also alerted the father and mother.  They ran in its direction.  Just as they ran out of the front door, the ceiling of their home caved in.  Later, the robber was found dead beneath the ruins near the things he had stolen!

Sennacherib, the king of Assyria had determined to destroy Hezekiah and the people of Judah by all means.  Hezekiah came boldly to God; he acknowledged God's sovereignty and Judah's total dependence on Him.

What a great lesson for us today: when we are faced with challenges of life.  There is no problem that lacks solution before God.  No matter how many enemies are fighting against you, if you are on the Lord's side, victory is sure.

Speaking through Isaiah, the Lord assured Hezekiah that Sennacherib and his army would "not come into this city, nor shoot an arrow there, nor come before it with shield . . . For I will defend this city to save it, for mine own sake . . . "  God defended Hezekiah and the city of Judah according to His promise.  He sent only one angel to the camp of the Assyrians who killed 185,000 soldiers.  Sennacherib himself was later killed by tow of his sons where he was worshipping in the house of his god.

If you are a child of God, there is nothing to fear.  "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid of?"  The Lord will defend and protect you.  All His promises are yours for possession in Christ Jesus.

Thought For The Day: "If God be for us, who can be against us?"
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2010
In Time of Trouble 
March 15, 2010

"For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock" (Psalm 27:5)

In this psalm of praise, David expresses his confidence in the Lord, even though "the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh" (v. 2). In spite of the danger, he looks to God for safety.  "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (v. 1).  Why did God preserve David? The answer is at least twofold.

First, David had a heart for God.  "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple" (v. 4).  "Thy face, LORD, will I seek" (v. cool. "Teach me thy way, O LORD" (v. 11).

The second reason is the nature of God Himself. God, by His very nature, hates evil and extends grace toward His own. He is pictured here as a warrior conquering the evil enemies of David. His laws forbid their actions; His gospel robbed these evildoers of their grip; His final kingdom will be rid of them. Until God's justice, His gospel, and His purpose all fail, we can be sure that He will act.

In our text, David is hidden in the Lord's "pavilion." The word, which literally means a protective covering, was used for the tent of the commander-in-chief. Here, with the commander-in-chief, is the most fortified, guarded, and safe area of the battleground. If the pavilion falls, the battle is lost and God has failed.  Hidden in His pavilion, we are as safe as He. He sees to it that we are not frightened (v. 13) amid the din of battle, and we shall share in the ultimate victory.

In this world, we have tumultuous war; in the next, unbroken peace.  Assured of the outcome, we can "wait on the LORD: |and| be of good courage" (v. 14). JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2010
Henrygirl:

"We Shall Behold Him" by Sandi Patty

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OuuaLn__98&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OuuaLn__98&feature=related

Lyrics:

(Verse 1)
The sky shall unfold
Preparing His entrance
The stars shall applaud Him
With thunders of praise

The sweet light in His eyes, shall enhance those awaiting
And we shall behold Him, then face to face

(Chorus)
O we shall behold Him, we shall behold Him
O we shall behold Him, yes we shall behold Him
Face to face, our Savior and Lord

(Verse 2)

The angel will sound, the shout of His coming
And the sleeping shall rise, from there slumbering place
And those remaining, shall be changed in a moment
And we shall behold him, then face to face

(Chorus)
We shall behold Him, o yes we shall behold Him
We shall behold Him, face to face
Our Savior and Lord
We shall behold Him, our Savior and Lord
Savior and Lord!

We've missed you and are happy that you are back to bless us with these glorious songs.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
Henrygirl:

"If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand." (Mark 3:24, 25)

"We Will Stand" by Avalon

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvttuqAaKNM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvttuqAaKNM&feature=related

Lyrics:

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand
Why we pull away from each other so easily
Even though we're all walking the same road
Yet we build dividing walls between
Our brothers and ourselves

But I,I don't care what label you may wear
if you believe in Jesus you belong with me
The bond we share is all I care to see
And we can change this world forever
if you will join with me
Join and sing, sing

You're my brother, you're my sister
So take me by the hand
Together we will work until He comes
There's no foe that can defeat us
When we're walking side by side
As long as there is love
We will stand

The day will come when we will be as one
And with a mighty voice together
We will proclaim that Jesus
Jesus is King
And it will echo through the earth
It will shake the nations
And the world will see
See that

The time is here, the time is now
To take a stand, to make a vow
I won't let go, you're not alone
Now and forever we'll sing together

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 2:55am On Mar 16, 2010
Beautiful, just beautiful. Oh, my Lord smiley

"Hosanna" by Soweto Gospel Choir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2P70a7S4ks

Lyrics:

Let the weak say I am strong
Let the poor say I am rich
Let the blind say I can see
What the Lord has done in me.
(3x)

Hosanna, hosanna to the Lamb that was slain
Hosanna, hosanna Jesus died and rose again.
(Repeat)

Jesus died and rose again (4x)
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 2:58am On Mar 16, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

We've missed you and are happy that you are back to bless us with these glorious songs.

Thank you OLAADEGBU for all of your help and thank you for your kind words to me. I have missed you all, also. smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15am On Mar 16, 2010
Henrygirl:

Thank you OLAADEGBU for all of your help and thank you for your kind words to me. I have missed you all, also. smiley

You are welcome, anytime. wink
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16am On Mar 16, 2010
Henrygirl:

Beautiful, just beautiful. Oh, my Lord smiley

"Hosanna" by Soweto Gospel Choir

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2P70a7S4ks&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2P70a7S4ks

Lyrics:

Let the weak say I am strong
Let the poor say I am rich
Let the blind say I can see
What the Lord has done in me.
(3x)

Hosanna, hosanna to the Lamb that was slain
Hosanna, hosanna Jesus died and rose again.
(Repeat)

Jesus died and rose again (4x)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34am On Mar 16, 2010
Daily Manna

Turn your Eyes Upon Him
Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TEXT: 2 KINGS 20:1-11

"Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the Lord, saying" (2 Kings 20:2).

Hezekiah became sick and was at the point of death. The Lord spoke to him through the prophet Isaiah saying, "Set thinge house in order; for thous shalt die, and not live."

Hezekiah's reaction is noteworthy: he turned his face to the wall, away from those standing around to be able to pray more earnestly. He determined not to be distracted and decided to concentrate on the Lord only. He then prayed with groaning and weeping, and he was heard.

Hezekiah's prayer is oe of the greatest prayers recorded in the Bible. He was a godly king who turned completely from the idols of the land to walk before the Lord in truth and with a fully devoted heart. His prayer was answered instantly as God sent a message back to him saying, "I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears, behold I will heal you . . . "

Our prayer can hardly draw divine attention like Hezekiah's prayer unless we are totally turned away from sin to live a life of devotion to God.

The tragedy of our time is that several church-going pleople like to sing the great ancient hymns of the victorious Church but have shunned the experience of salvation through genuine repentance from sin and faith in the atoning blood of Jesus.

We have lost our tears. Men no longer weep for their sins. There are no tears of joy again for that wonderful experience of salvation and for the conviction in the heart that God loves us.

But you can recover those tears if you have lost yours. You can experience joy if you have never tasted Calvary's peace. You can start right now by turning away from sin and promising the Lord never to look back. Believe Jesus to help you.

Thought For The Day: A broken spirit is a sacrifice acceptable to God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54am On Mar 16, 2010
Glorious Holiness 
March 16, 2010

"Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders"? (Exodus 15:11)

Our finite minds would never grasp the idea of holiness if not for the revelation granted to us in the Scriptures.  God’s "separateness" requires even the awesome four-faced, sixwinged Seraphim to "rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come" (Revelation 4:cool.

Samuel’s gentle mother, praying before the tabernacle, was no doubt moved by the Spirit of God to proclaim, "There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee" (1 Samuel 2:2).  Her short statement of faith is the core of holiness--the separate unique character that only the Creator of the universe can possess.

Those who have been "born again" (John 3:3) are called "saints" (Romans 1:7, etc.) when they were "created in righteousness and true holiness" (Ephesians 4:24).  Our "holiness" is part of the "gift of God" from the One who is holy, "without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14).

Because our Creator, Lord, and King is "righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works" (Psalm 145:17), it should come as no surprise that "as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy" (1 Peter 1:15-16).

The "great and precious promises" (2 Peter 1:4) given to us by our gracious Lord are the spiritual means by which we can "cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Corinthians 7:1).

Our destiny is sure.  Our duty is clear.  "Yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength" (Isaiah 49:5). HMM III
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2010
IRREVOCABLE

The gifts and calling of the Lord are irrevocable. So, no matter what has transpired in your life;
no matter how unlikely or impossible it may seem; no matter how high the odds are stacked against you;
no matter what weapons the enemy has used against you…even your own flesh
…WHAT THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY HAS DECREED AND ESTABLISHED IN THE HEAVENLIES SHALL BE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN!!!
The Lord God is faithful, and it is done!!! A great and effectual door is opened before you but with it come many adversaries.
Now is the time to pick up the sword of the Lord and wield it mightily against all the forces that are arrayed against you.
Declare and decree what you have heard the Lord declare and decree concerning you,
and watch all those forces of the enemy fall as if dominoes all in a row.

Romans 11:
29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Mar 16, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by walex66: 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2010
Our God is good and His mercies never comes to an end. Let us worship and adore his holy name all the days of our life. God has a purpose for saving us and we must strive to ensure that we live each day of our lives for His glory no matter our present challenges. It is well with you brethren.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:37am On Mar 17, 2010
I am Faithful, I will not Change

"Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in
   the Lord his God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and
   everything in them--the Lord, who remains faithful forever."
--Psalm 146:5-7

"For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake His faithful
   ones. They will be protected forever."  --Psalm 37:28

My love is without repentance, and I bestow it on those who love Me
and follow Me. I will keep them in the time of the storm, and the time
of the famine, for My promises are faithful and sure. I am calling My
own to faithfulness, for many are falling away, pursuing the goals of
this world. I am trusting them to give themselves to Me unreservedly,
just as I have given My Son for them.

There will be many temptations for them to leave Me and deny My Name,
but I am faithful, I will not change. They will find their strength in
Me, for as they submit to My will, they will find springs of living
water welling up with in them, bringing life and peace to their hearts.
Yes, I know these are troubling times and they will continue, but I
will keep My own.

Let every man and woman call on Me while I am to be found--My mercy
endures forever.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18am On Mar 18, 2010
Daily Manna

Avoid Unequal Yoke
Wednesday, March 17, 2010

TEXT: 2 Kings 20:12-21

"And Isaiah said unto Hezekiah, Hear the word of the Lord. Behold, the days come, that all that is in thine house,and that which thy fathers have laid up in store unto this day, shall be carried into Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith the Lord" (2 Kings 20:16,17).

The King of Babylon had heard of all the miracles performed by God for Hezekiah - 185,000 Assyrian soldiers killed in one day, the dial of Ahaz going back 10 degrees and his miraculous healing by God. History had it that the king of Babylon was looking for an alliance against the King of Assyria with the King of Israel.

Hezekiah showed all his treasures, armoury and all, as proof of his wealth, resources and power and what a worthy ally he could be. By doing this, it brought out pride and ostentation in him and a great departure from his known life of reliance on God.

Hezekiah also lost opportunity to show the heathen King the very Source of all his goodness. To gain the applause of men, he forgot to sing the praises of God.

Unequal yoke with the haters of God in business, marriage, fellowship, and so on, leads to ruin and incurs divine displeasure.

Ostentation and pride of heart is folly that will not go unpunished by God, the Source of our goodness. God, out of His love for us preserved these lessons for our learning and admonition so that we will not make the same mistakes that those people made. Beware!

Thought for today: A man’s pride shall bring him low.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08am On Mar 18, 2010
The Unjust Steward 
March 17, 2010

"And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light"? (Luke 16:cool

This parable of the unjust steward has perplexed many Christians, for it seems to indicate that the Lord approved of dishonesty.  "Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness" (v. 9) also seems to contradict verse 13, when He said, "Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

The apparent contradiction vanishes, however, when we realize Christ was not commending the dishonesty of the steward, but his acute business sense and concern for the future.  Neither does the Lord approve of greed or covetousness, but He does exhort believers to be as prudent in investing their money for the eternal future as shrewd worldlings are in feathering their earthly nests.  Sad to say, it is common experience that, by this measure, "the children of this world" do conduct their affairs "in this generation" far more shrewdly than "the children of light."  Even more sadly, the latter often even try to follow the example of the ungodly in "laying up for themselves treasures upon earth," rather than "treasures in heaven" (see Matthew 6:19-20).

The Lord would exhort us, on the other hand, to use our money ("the mammon of unrighteousness") to make true friends, "that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations" (Luke 16:9).  The "unjust steward" was trying to insure his own earthly future, hoping to make temporal friends by bribing them with money that was not even his own.

How much wiser it is for us to use whatever money the Lord has entrusted to us to make true friends, helping to bring them to Christ and building them up in the faith.  Then, when we "fail" from this life, we shall enjoy their fellowship and gratitude in the "everlasting habitations" of eternity. HMM

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:15am On Mar 18, 2010
AS FAR AS THE EAST IS FROM THE WEST

As far as the east is from the west….the east never meets the west….
that is how far the Lord has removed our sins from us.
Once under the Blood of Jesus, they are forever removed!
There is no condemnation to those in Christ.  If you have stumbled,
confess and repent of the sin and get it under the Blood of Christ that you may walk in the true
liberty afforded you by the Lord’s work on the cross for you are free indeed!
Bless the Lord for He is good and His mercy endures forever!

Psalm 103:
10He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.