Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,566 members, 7,861,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:52 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116314 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 11:54pm On Mar 08, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03am On Mar 09, 2010
Apostasy and Prosperity
March 8, 2010

"And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:cool

One of the most tragic movements in Christendom today teaches that God promises to make each Christian prosper in material wealth. Suffice it to say, the Bible teaches no such thing, as seen in our text and elsewhere, but this false teaching is not new and is associated with apostasy.

Consider chapters 17 and 18 of the book of Judges, which describe a period of rampant apostasy and confusion. The chapters provide character sketches of an itinerant Levite, the tribe of Dan, and a man named Micah. First we see that Micah steals 1,100 shekels of silver from his mother, who then places a curse on the unknown thief. Micah, fearing the curse, confesses the crime. His mother tries to lessen the curse by dedicating all the money to the Lord and converts 200 shekels into an idol. Micah places the idol with his others and consecrates his son as priest, even though they are of the tribe of Ephraim. Later, he hires the Levite to be his priest and exclaims, "Now know I that the LORD will do me good, seeing I have a Levite to my priest" (Judges 17:13).

In the next chapter, spies of the Danites go to the priest for God’s blessing on their efforts to find land that they can conquer. When the marauders return, they recruit the Levite to a more prosperous position. He joins them, having stolen Micah’s idols, and etablishes the tribal priesthood.

Each one in this story was confident that God would bless them materially because they had the trappings of religion. The common denominator was greed. Their desire for personal prosperity led them to a prostitution of the true worship of God. But whenever religion is "used" to justify the "love of money," it suffers degradation. "Ye cannot serve God and mammon" (Matthew 6:24). JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20am On Mar 09, 2010
na2day?:

enjoy!

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2ISYYKo5A&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2ISYYKo5A&feature=PlayList&p=14CAD0B0DA33E451&index=76

God bless you for this clip.  This is one of the reasons why many promising Christians are falling.  I even heard about a popular preacher in our country that his congregation almost worship as God was found alone in his lounge with a lady who was not his wife combing his hair. shocked  May God have mercy!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 12:38am On Mar 09, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

God bless you for this clip.  This is one of the reasons why many promising Christians are falling.  I even heard about a popular preacher in our country that his congregation almost worship as God was found alone in his lounge with a lady who was not his wife combing his hair. shocked  May God have mercy!

yea, alot of us are guilty of this including me but i am changing my ways for sure
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00am On Mar 09, 2010
na2day?:

yea, alot of us are guilty of this including me but i am changing my ways for sure

Many so called leaders are to blame for the way they allow or encourage such compromising positions between the opposite s ex in their churches and I believe that the Lord will rescue those that have been misled.  Many so called christians even here on nairaland encourage evil practises when they advise what even they themselves would not dare do but have pleasure in them that do them.  Their hands are full of blood.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 3:00am On Mar 09, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Many so called leaders are to blame for the way they allow or encourage such compromising positions between the opposite intimacy in their churches and I believe that the Lord will rescue those that have been misled. Many so called christians even here on nairaland encourage evil practises when they advise what even they themselves would not dare do but have pleasure in them that do them. Their hands are full of blood.

true, very true
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00am On Mar 09, 2010
Daily Manna

Danger in  Boasting
Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TEXT: Ezekiel 29:1-21

"Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself. But I will put hooks in thy jaws,, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales" (Ezekiel 29:3,4).

Science and technology rule our world today.  As man increases in scientific knowledge, he attempts to question God’s power and authority as the Creator of the universe.  This is man’s folly and the beginning of his downward slide.  It has been so all through the ages.  Nations and individuals have tried to set God aside, showing loyalty to man-made gods and created objects; and relished in their human knowledge and learning.

Egypt was famous for her scientific knowledge and learning.  Even Babylon’s and Persia’s rise in science was long after schools of literature, science and philosophy had been established on the banks of the Nile.  But the nation of Egypt never acknowledged the Almighty God for His blessing, rather it worshipped many gods.  The Nile was its pride, and in defiance said, "The river is mine." God used Nebuchadnezzar, an evil king, as an instrument of His judgment on Tyre, Judah and Egypt.  The greater sin of Egypt was its pride.  Ezekiel’s message was directed against Pharaoh and the people of Egypt.

The Lesson for us is quite clear.  Pride usually goes before a fall.  There is a woe pronounced on whoever puts his trust in man and makes flesh his arm, whose heart departs from the true God. Many people today are carried away by their worldly attainment, their political and social standing and what money can provide.  They forget the Almighty and worship the creature rather than the Creator.

The message from Ezekiel is still loud and clear, being proclaimed by servants of God today. Nothing gives true joy than the knowledge of the most High.  You can decide now to abandon your pride and acknowledge Him.

Thought for today: The wicked shall not go unpunished.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 8:24am On Mar 09, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:09am On Mar 09, 2010

+ Leaning upon one's own strength and understanding is NEVER a "necessity".

, "Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths", Proverbs 3:5-6 The Amplified Translation

+ Certain things are about to come to light.

, "So have no fear of them; for nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, or kept secret that will not become known", Matthew 10:26 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 1:01pm On Mar 09, 2010
I Am your creator
I desire to use you for my glory
Don?t hinder what desire to do in your life
I need you to minister to my people
Only what you do for Me will last
I am you Healer, your Restorer
The world need the gifts I have given you, using you is part o My divine
plan
Don?t wait till you think you?re perfect, let me use us now.
The sky is the limit for the ways I can use you to restore my kingdom
Be of good courage for the Lord your God will build My kingdom using My
people
The ones who thought I forgot about them
The ones who have held on and waited for me to fulfill every promise
The ones who have praised Me before the manifestation of the blessing
Some are thinking as they read, is He talking about me yes, I Am talking
about you
Everyone in My kingdom has a purpose
Seek My face for instructions sit still and listen for my voice
I am calling you to a new place you have not been this way before
There is new territory to conquer
I want all to be saved and come to the know ledge of the truth
You are my messengers in the earth
Bring My message of peace and love to the lost hopeless and dying
Bring the fruit of the spirit
Bring healing and deliverance
Bring the message that there is a Savior who love them and can give them
eternal life
I want to increase the fire I have placed in you so you can start more
fires for Me
Go forth My children and bring my light to the world
Go I have need of you
Don't allow the excuses to stop you any longer
Make your body a living sacrifice
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00am On Mar 10, 2010
Everlasting Love 
March 9, 2010

"The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee" (Jeremiah 31:3)

Perhaps no doctrine in Scripture is as clearly stated as that expressed in our text and in many other passages.  God loves us!  His love is an "everlasting love" and compels Him to act strongly and lovingly on our behalf.  "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins" (1 John 4:10).  This theme finds glorious expression in the grand hymn of the last century entitled "I Am His, and He Is Mine."

Loved with everlasting love, Led by grace that love to know;
Spirit, breathing from above, Thou hast taught me it is so!
O this full and perfect peace, O this transport all divine—
In a love which cannot cease, I am His and He is mine

Jesus prayed, "I in them, and thou in me, . . . that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am" (John 17:23-24).  The Father will never allow us to part from Him or our Saviour.

These precious facts are taught to us by the "inspired" (literally "God-breathed"wink Scriptures (2 Timothy 3:16), and "the Comforter . . . , the Spirit of truth |who| will guide |us| into all truth" (John 16:7, 13).  He drew us to Himself "in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself" (Ephesians 1:4-5).  "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God" (1 John 3:1).  In His grace, we come to Him, experiencing sweet forgiveness and everlasting love.  Cradled in the security of His undying love, we have peace.  "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee" (Isaiah 26:3). JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2010
I am Faithful, I will not Change

"Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in
   the Lord his God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and
   everything in them--the Lord, who remains faithful forever."
--Psalm 146:5-7

"For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake His faithful
   ones. They will be protected forever."  --Psalm 37:28
[/b]

My love is without repentance, and I bestow it on those who love Me
and follow Me. I will keep them in the time of the storm, and the time
of the famine, for My promises are faithful and sure. I am calling My
own to faithfulness, for many are falling away, pursuing the goals of
this world. I am trusting them to give themselves to Me unreservedly,
just as I have given My Son for them.

There will be many temptations for them to leave Me and deny My Name,
but I am faithful, I will not change. They will find their strength in
Me, for as they submit to My will, they will find springs of living
water welling up with in them, bringing life and peace to their hearts.
Yes, I know these are troubling times and they will continue, but I
will keep My own.

Let every man and woman call on Me while I am to be found--My mercy
endures forever.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18pm On Mar 10, 2010
Daily Manna

No Hiding Place
Wednesday, March 10, 2010

TEXT: Ezekiel 30:1-19

"Thus will I execute judgments in Egypt: and they shall know that I am the Lord" (Ezekiel 30:19).

It is common to find some fugitives, trying to escape the hand of the law in their country, run to another country for asylum and safety. They do this because they know that the laws of their country are only binding on them while they are within the shores of that country. But once they step out, they are free except they are extradited.

Some Christians also, have this kind of mentality. Very sad is the situation where some, who for one reason or the other, have to leave a denomination for another. Once they do this, they also leave the truth they once believed as if a change of denomination gives exemption from God’s holy demands. They feel that they are not under any obligation to live according to the sound doctrines of the word of God being taught in a particular denomination even when they know that this is the truth.

What these people fail to recognize is the universality of God’s word. God does not have different standards by which He judges different people. His standard is the same, the Bible is one. It is this universality of God’s righteous judgment that is demonstrated in the passage we have today. The Egyptians would have thought that since they were not Israelites and do not worship Jehovah God, they were not in any way answerable to Him and cannot be judged by Him. God revealed to the prophet Ezekiel here that He will judge Egypt and no city in it will escape. In fact, the judgment will be on her and all her allies. Those who take side with God’s enemies shall share in their punishment.

God’s laws cut across every boundary, tribe and clan. His demand for one denomination is the same for all denominations every where in the world. We must not try to limit God to our little minds and circles. God is the God of all flesh. We must fear and reverence Him and seek to live by His word.

Thought for today: "Our God is a consuming fire."
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2010
Appreciating God's Creation
March 10, 2010

"And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food" (Genesis 2:8-9)

Everything in the garden of Eden was prepared for man's enjoyment. In the time between creation and the curse, Adam and Eve no doubt fully enjoyed the vegetation (Genesis 2:5, 9, 15-16), the animals (vv. 19-20), the atmosphere and the weather (vv. 5-6), the rivers and the raw materials (vv. 10-14), each other (vv. 18, 21-25), and fellowship with God (3:cool. But soon they rebelled and were driven from the beautiful garden (3:24), and ever since, mankind's ability to enjoy creation has been shackled somewhat, for creation was distorted by sin, and the eyes of each one of us have become dull. The second verse of the well-loved hymn "I Am His, and He Is Mine" describes a partial reopening of the eyes of a believer upon salvation, as a love gift from our Lord.

Heav'n above is softer blue, Earth around is sweeter green;
Something lives in ev'ry hue Christless eyes have never seen!
Birds with gladder songs o'erflow, Flowers with deeper beauties shine,
Since I know, as now I know, I am His and He is mine

In His abundant love for His children, our Lord promises to supply all our needs once again. "Why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these" (Matthew 6:28-29). Creation's beauty waits to thrill us and instruct us. Our loving Father wills it so. But creation will be fully restored soon, and "the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing" (Isaiah 35:1-2). He beckons us to join Him in His kingdom. JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2010
na2day?:

powerful clips

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxXpte1YKHI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxXpte1YKHI&feature=sub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzwLra2ZG1o&feature=rec-lis-watch-cur_emp-exp_stronger_r2

Truly powerful and inspiring. I wish our so called popular preachers today would borrow a leaf from this man and preach such uncompromising messages.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47pm On Mar 10, 2010
Henrygirl:

"Revelation Song" by Gateway Worship (lead by Kari Jobe)

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0nDrEYDnk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0nDrEYDnk

Lyrics:

VERSE 1 & 2

Worthy is the Lamb Who was slain
Holy, holy is He
Sing a new song to Him Who sits on Heaven's mercy seat

(Repeat)

CHORUS

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings
You are my everything, and I will adore You

VERSE 3

Clothed in rainbows of living color
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be
To You, the only wise King
CHORUS

VERSE 4
Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your Name
Jesus, Your Name is power, breath and living water, such a marvelous mys- tery

CHORUS

(Repeat)

Thanks for the lyrics.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 9:10pm On Mar 10, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Truly powerful and inspiring. I wish our so called popular preachers today would borrow a leaf from this man and preach such uncompromising messages.

so true but at the end of the day we will all stand in judgement for ourselves that's why Jesus said "search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life and they are which testify of me". bottom-line, we are responsible for our own final destination in terms of choices we make
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by shilling(f): 6:16am On Mar 11, 2010
Henrygirl:

"Revelation Song" by Gateway Worship (lead by Kari Jobe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL0nDrEYDnk

I love that song!!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2010
Ask Me to Restore Your Souls

Come unto Me, all you who labor and are weary and I will give you rest.
Believe Me, I will. I want to restore your soul (mind, will and emotions) to peace, wholeness,
integrity and joy with satisfaction.
Let Me. Allow Me. Come unto Me, that is, spend time in My presence and ask Me in faith,
with a quiet spirit, to do just that.
I will.  Beyond that, I wish to restore the souls of your loved ones.
And so I ask you to pray, pray for them asking Me for that restoration.
I have much to give in this hour, many blessings of restoration - for that is My anointing -
but one of the ways I work is that I need you to ask,
come and ask.
"Seek and you will find." Come quietly, in loving trust.
Throw yourself on My abundant mercy and ask
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2010
Daily Manna

If God Be For Us . . . ?
Thursday, March 11, 2010

TEXT: EZEKIEL 30:20-26

"And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and disperse them among the countries; and they shall know that I am the Lord" (Ezekiel 30:26).

In 1812, the great French emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte, suffered a great setback that weakened his power and exposed his vulnerability. It was at the Battle of Borodino. Napoleon had invaded Russia with a 600,000-strong army and managed to defeat the Russians at Borodino. He marched his army to Moscow only to discover to his peril that the Russians had burned and deserted the city. Thus, they became exposed to the harsh Russian winter and suffered terrible cold, hunger and sickness. They were forced to retreat. Only 32,000 of Napoleon’s soldiers survived. This was the beginning of Napoleon’s downfall which was permanently sealed in 1815 in the Battle of Waterloo.

Similar to the humiliation of Napoleon, Prophet Jeremiah, in our text predicted the humiliating defeat of Pharaoh, the king of Egypt. In very graphic terms, the Lord declared how He would tame Pharaoh, his subjects and international allies. He affirmed that He would break "the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and, lo, it shall not be bound up to be healed, to put a roller to bind it, to make it strong to hold the sword." Egypt had been hosting captives, but this time, they would go into captivity in other lands.

Certain countries of the world may pride themselves as super powers, but in a true sense, that is the prerogative of God. History has repeatedly taught us that God extends power to whom He will. The mightiest of men survives only by His mercy. He tames the wildest of tyrants and humbles the proudest of men. Here is the futility and vanity of arrogance.

As you reflect on this, why don’t you approach this God with utmost reverence, submitting to His will in every aspect of life? Also, to realize that this God is our Helper is re-assuring enough. Indeed, if God be for us, who can be against us?

Thought for today: Christ is still our unfailing Captain.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2010
His Everlasting Arms
March 11, 2010

"The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee" (Deuteronomy 33:27)

The third verse of "I Am His, and He Is Mine" recalls former times of alarm, fear, and doubt, but testifies of the rest and peace in His love, cradled in the "everlasting arms" of the Saviour.

Things that once were wild alarms Cannot now disturb my rest;
Closed in everlasting arms, Pillowed on the loving breast!
O to lie forever here, Doubt and care and self resign,
While He whispers in my ear--I am His and He is mine

This verse reminds us of the evening when Jesus and His disciples were in a boat and a violent storm arose. They awoke Jesus from His sleep and cried, "Master, carest thou not that we perish?" (Mark 4:38). Of course Jesus cared, for He loved them. So "he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still" (v. 39). To His disciples, He said, "Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?" (v. 40). The time would come when they would need that faith and peace. They would learn to rest in His loving care.

The song also reminds us of the special loving relationship between Jesus and the disciple John. "Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved" (John 13:23). A deep intimacy with Him was John's, and can be ours, if we will only pillow our head on Him. No passage expresses that intimacy as well as the Song of Solomon, using the analogy of husband and wife to reflect the self-sacrificing love between our Lord and His children. "I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine" (Song of Solomon 6:3). The affairs of this life interrupt our times of intimacy with Him, but there will be a day when we will "ever be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:17). JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:00am On Mar 12, 2010
Henrygirl:

"Shout To The Lord" by Hillsong

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNsEBPB-Z8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNsEBPB-Z8

Lyrics:

My Jesus, My Savior,
Lord, there is none like You;
All of my days
I want to praise
the wonders of Your mighty love.

My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength;
let every breath, all that I am
never cease to worship You.

Shout to the Lord, all the earth,
let us sing
power and majesty, praise to the King;
mountains bow down and the seas will roar
at the sound of Your name.

I sing for joy at the work of Your hands,
forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand,
nothing compares to the promise I have in You
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07am On Mar 12, 2010
Henrygirl:

"Majesty (Here I Am)" by Delirious
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oADMOG89UPg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oADMOG89UPg&feature=related

Lyrics:

Here I am humbled by your Majesty
Covered by your grace so free
Here I am, knowing I'm a sinful man
Covered by the blood of the Lamb

Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine
Since you laid down your life
The greatest sacrifice

(Singing) Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in your hands
(Singing) Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty

Here I am humbled by the love that you give
Forgiven so that I can forgive
Here I stand, knowing that I'm your desire
Sanctified by glory and fire

Now I've found the greatest love of all is mine
Since you laid down your life
The greatest sacrifice
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:00am On Mar 12, 2010
Daily Manna

Humiliation Of The Proud
Friday, March 12, 2010

TEXT: Ezekiel 31:1-18

"To whom art thou thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? yet shalt thou be brought down with the trees of Eden unto the nether parts of the earth: thou shalt lie in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord God" (Ezekiel 31:18).

From a stanza of John Newton’s poem, "The Kite; or Pride must have a fall", he narrates the kite’s dream of being cut from its string: Were I but free, I’d take a flight, And pierce the clouds beyond, their sight, But, ah! Like a poor pris’ner bound, My string confines me near the ground.’  The kite finally managed to tug itself free, but instead of soaring higher in the sky, it crashed into the sea thus ending up with a disappointment of its lofty dream.

In this very beautiful chapter, the prophet describes to Pharaoh the fall of the king of Nineveh, using the metaphor of a fair cedar tree of Lebanon, once exceedingly tall, flourishing, majestic, and remarkable for its loftiness, but now cut down and withered, with its broken branches strewed around like worthless logs on the ground.  He applied the lesson to the proud king of Egypt, telling him that this was a picture of his own approaching fate, a sad end to his pride.

Arrogance and pride have plagued mankind for as long as man has been on earth.  When we think of ourselves as self-reliant, self-sufficient, and self-righteous, we are proud.  What happens if someone thinks that they have all they need?  They won’t search after what they really do need.

Many feel that the divine principles by which God holds him down are hindrances to his soaring high but may we learn early that it’s our willingness to be humble that God uses to lift us up (James 4:10).  You need God in everything and for everything.  Humble yourself and the Lord will raise you up.  Raise yourself up and the Lord will humble you.  Attribute what is accomplished in your life to Him and He will open more doors for you.

Thought for today: If you are wrapped up in yourself, you make a very small package.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Mar 12, 2010
na2day?:

so true but at the end of the day we will all stand in judgement for ourselves that's why Jesus said "search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life and they are which testify of me". bottom-line, we are responsible for our own final destination in terms of choices we make

I get your point. It is very true that our decisions determines our destinies but those so called ministers have their hands full of blood as you can see in the e-booklet below:

[flash=500,400]http://media.chick.com/preview.swf[/flash]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51am On Mar 12, 2010
While God and I Shall Be
March 12, 2010

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39)

The final verse of the majestic hymn "I Am His, and He Is Mine" focuses on the unending love between the believer and God. As we read in our text, nothing can "separate us from the love of God."

His forever, only His—Who the Lord and me shall part? Ah,
with what a rest of bliss Christ can fill the loving heart! Heav’n
and earth may fade and flee, First-born light in gloom decline,
But while God and I shall be, I am His, and He is mine

Resting in such supernatural love, which lasts forever, begets peace and rest even now. Our Saviour beckons, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28). Aspects of our present life may be temporary, but His love lasts forever. "The heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, . . . but my salvation shall be forever" (Isaiah 51:6). "And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar |gray| hairs will I carry you" (Isaiah 46:4).

Consider the last line in the hymn. "But while God and I shall be, I am His and He is mine." As long as either God or the individual remains, their love will last. "But the LORD shall endure forever" (Psalm 9:7). "He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrews 13:5). Thus, the Christian "will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever" (Psalm 23:6). "I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (John 10:27-28). JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by kolaoloye(m): 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
Enable me, our Father, to realize that words once spoken, like coins in circulation,
pass from person to person along an uncharted course.
Help me not to criticize but rather to stress the things that are pure, lovely, and of good report.
Make my habit of thought gentle and eager to pass along news of kindness and work well done.
May my words build, never destroy, faith and confidence. To this end I pray that Thou wilt lead us
in the ways of understanding. Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2010
*┼* ♥ Jøυɾṉεÿ ώïτh Jεṡυṡ ♥ *┼*
♥ I take Your Hand Sweet Jesus , ♥

When my world falls down around me,
And the ground is sinking sand,
When peace can't be found on this earth,
I reach out for Your hand.

When Your hand wrap 'round my own,
A strenght pours from Your soul,
It brings to me a quiet calm.
Til once again I'm Whole.

A peace beyond all reason,
A rest there in Your touch,
Something in Your quiet words,
My heart yearns for so much.

If I but rest my worries,
Upon Your shoulder there,
Strenght that pours forth from Your soul,
Will wash away each care.

Like a cool sweet taste of water,
For a tired thirst man,
my heart finds peace, my soul is calm,
When I reach out for Your hand.
~author: unknown~
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.♥•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.♥
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2010
Falling In Love With Jesus -- Jonathan Butler

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1QuYNmfxUw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]

This song is so inspiring that I will like to sing it again and again.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Fhemmmy: 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2010
My Part Is Prayer
Lisa Birch
I've heard it before, and I've even struggled with the thought myself.

"If God knows everything, then why should I pray?"

This reminds me of one part of my journey through Purpose Driven Life when Rick Warren wrote three simple words: Love spells T-I-M-E.

If I claim to love someone, I make it a priority to spend time with that person. Prayer is time with God. Asking, thanking, praising, listening, and just feeling his presence in prayer is all time well spent with him. But it doesn't stop there.

Whether I pray by myself, with one partner, or in a room full of people, there's no getting away from time alone with God because his spirit is always with me. His word says he'll never leave, you know. And his word is guaranteed.

In fact His love for us is the most powerful love to ever exist in all of time and eternity.

With a love of that magnitude pointed directly at me, how could I choose not to sow into the relationship? To sincerely engage? To give what I can to make it flourish and grow? That spiritual growth can't happen without the communication act of prayer.

Yes God knows everything, even before we think, speak or experience it. He's almighty and all-knowing.

But he's also very personal.
And he desires our time through prayer.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2010
Beyond Condemnation

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

You are beyond condemnation, beloved, far beyond condemnation.
Bear this in mind.
Meditate on this truth.
It is a truth that should make you want to shout!
Shout your praise loud and clear to the One Who gave you this marvelous gift.

I am your God Who gave you a wonderful gift and freed you from that old enemy, condemnation.
I want you walking free of the enemy’s taunts.
He is wrong when he tells you words of condemnation.
You have been set free from condemnation.
So rejoice!
Rejoice in the fact that I saw fit to free you of condemnation that tries to come into your mind,
giving you unease in your walk.
I set you free of condemnation in order that you might be free,
free to walk with your head held high with the knowledge of the sweetness of My love for you!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.