Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:48 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116414 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2010
My Singing Bride

I am looking for singers.
I love to hear the voices of My children sing.
I love to hear you express your love to Me in song.
Yes, I am the God Who delights in the singing voices of My dear children.
I take delight in seeing you,
My beloved, singing forth with gusto to Me, your God and King.

When you determine in your heart to bless Me with song,
My heart is blessed, I am smiling a smile of love over you,
and you have captured the wonder of My embrace.
What Father does not expect a hug when one of His children expresses their love with a song?
Whether it is a happy song, or a serious song,
My heart is made happy,
because My beloved has chosen to sing forth My praises and express her love for Me in song.
I love My singing bride!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2010
Daily Manna

Between the Dove and the Serpent
Saturday, March 27, 2010

TEXT: JEREMIAH 40:7-16

"And said unto him, Dost thou certainly know that Baalis the king of the Ammonites hath sent Ishmael the son of Nethaniah to slay thee? But Gedaliah the son of Ahikam believed them not" (Jeremiah 40:14).

When the Lord Jesus Christ counseled His disciples to be "wise as serpents, and harmless as doves" (Matthew 10:16), He struck a very important chord of wisdom. He alluded to two opposite extremes – the extreme simplicity of the dove that almost verges on stupidity and the excessive cunning wisdom of the serpent. By this, Christ’s disciples were expected not to provoke any trouble, at the same time, they must, with sensitivity, speed and skill of the serpent, escape dangers.

Had Gedaliah the son of Ahikam applied simplicity and wisdom, he would not have died prematurely to abruptly end a profitable rule. At a time when the Jews were carried away to Babylon, the king of Babylon, with good intention, placed Gedaliah as governor over the remnants of the Jews in Judah. The confidence the king of Babylon reposed in Gedaliah was quite justified, not only by his loyalty to him but also by his admirable performance and goodwill among the Jews. A man of integrity, he gained rapid popularity among the Jews at home and in the diaspora and among the Chaldeans.

Johanan, and the captains of the forces that were in the fields, came to Gedaliah to Mizpah to intimate him of the evil plot of Ishmael to eliminate him. Johanan offered to prevent the impending disaster by professionally assassinating Ishmael. Gedaliah was too innocent; too large-hearted to believe their report. He harboured no suspicion because he had no ill-motive towards anyone. But little did he realise that there were some wolves, like Ishmael, around him. Ishmael was of the royal seed and was enviously eyeing the throne. He, it was, who eventually killed Gedaliah.

We are expected to be "blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation" among whom we "shine as lights in the world" (Philippians 2:15). But, because we are in the midst of wolves, the Lord requires us to have the wisdom of the serpent.

Thought for today: Wisdom is better than strength.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13pm On Mar 27, 2010
The Deep Sleep 
March 27, 2010

"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof" (Genesis 2:21)

This is the first of seven occurrences of the unusual term "deep sleep" (Hebrew tardema) in the Old Testament.  In each case it seems to refer to a special state sleep induced by the Lord Himself in order to convey an important revelation to, or through, the person experiencing it.

In Adam's case, God made a bride for him during his deep sleep from whose seed would be born all the nations of the earth. "And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man" (v. 22).  The covenant God made with Adam and Eve delegated dominion over the earth to their descendants.

The second deep sleep was that which "fell upon Abram" (Genesis 15:12) when God passed between the sacrificial animals and established His great covenant with him, promising that from his seed would be born the chosen nation.  "And I will make of thee a great nation" (12:2).  The Abrahamic covenant also delegated the central land of the earth to Isaac's descendants (15:18-21) and promised that "in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed" (12:3).

But Adam was a type of Christ and Abraham was a type of Christ, and their deep sleeps pre-figured His own deep sleep of death on the cross.  There He became the last Adam and the promised seed, dying to give life to His great bride and living again to establish a holy nation of the redeemed, fulfilling all of God's ancient covenants, and instituting the eternal New Covenant in His own blood.

When Adam fell into a deep sleep, a bride was born; when Abraham fell into his deep sleep, a nation was born.  But when Christ slept deeply in death on the cross and in the tomb, death and hell were judged, and a new world was born. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2010
Power For Your Hour

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03am On Mar 28, 2010
Henrygirl:

"There Is None (Like You)" by Don Moen & Paul Wilbur

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLK0Pdqr41I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLK0Pdqr41I&feature=related

Lyrics included within the the video smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:10am On Mar 28, 2010
Daily Manna

Rely on God's Word
Sunday, March 28, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 119:169-170

"Let my cry come near before thee, O Lord: give me understanding according to thy word" (Psalm 119:169).

In certain parts of Dr. Livingstone’s travels, he tells us that his guides were either so ignorant or so determined to deceive him, that he could have done far better without them than with them; and he had constantly to refer to his compass, lest he should be led astray.

The psalmist, apparently in great distress sends his petition to God through prayer. He placed his confidence in the truth and reliability of God’s word. He believed that only God could deliver him from all troubles and afflictions, out of the power of sin, Satan, and the world; from all fears, ruin and destruction. And counted only the wisdom and understanding of God’s word his needed guide through the uncharted minefields of the world.

If we do not have an understanding of God’s word, there is the likelihood that we’ll be deceived either by false religion or deceitful men. This world is full of people who place their confidence in guided missiles, fighter planes, bombs, automatic rifles, knives and spears. Some people expect the government or some political system to solve their problems and deliver them in times of trouble.

Like Livingstone’s guides, the world is full of lies. When the world tells you the lie that there is no God and that intricate life just evolved by chance, believe God, the Creator of all things, who holds man accountable. When the world tells you a lie that easy divorce is a good solution to marriage conflicts, believe God, who says marriage is for life and that divorce and remarriage is adultery. When the world tells you a lie that homosexuality is an acceptable “alternate life style,” believe God, who calls it perversion and an abomination. Do not be guided by the opinions of men, the superstitions of idolatrous gods, the philosophies and ideologies respected in society. Let your reliance and your desire be on God and on His word only.

Thought for today: God’s word will never fail.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2010
Mindful of the Words
March 28, 2010

"That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour." (2 Peter 3:2)

There has long been a tendency for certain Bible teachers to water down the doctrine of verbal inspiration by arguing that it is the "thoughts" of Scripture that count--not the precise words. They forget that the transmission of specific thoughts requires precise words. Ambiguous language is bound to produce fuzzy thinking and uncertain response.

Thus the apostle Peter, in his last chapter, urged his followers to heed the words written by the Old Testament prophets. And Paul--in his final epistle--stressed that "all Scripture is given by inspiration of God" (2 Timothy 3:16). That is, all the writings are "God-breathed." The "Scripture," of course, means the writings, the actual words written down--they are "God-inspired," not just the concepts.

Similarly John, in his last chapter, warned of the grave danger incurred by anyone who would either "add to" or "take away from," not just the ideas, but "the words of the book of this prophecy" (Revelation 22:18-19). Actually, "he which testifieth these things" was not just John but the glorified Jesus Himself (see Revelation 22:16, 20).

In fact, Jesus frequently quoted passages from the Old Testament, sometimes basing His entire thrust on a single word (e.g., John 10:34, 37; arguing on the basis of the word "gods" in Psalm 82:6). In that connection, He stressed that "the scripture cannot be broken" (John 10:35), referring to the actual words written by Moses and the prophets.

Near the end of His earthly ministry, He made a startling promise: "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away" (Mark 13:31). Thus the actual words of the Bible have come ultimately from God, and we do well to learn them and make them a part of our lives. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by ramtee(f): 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2010
Passion week starts today after the hossana singing of yesterday .It is a week of sober reflection as we think on the passion of our Lord. Read more at
http://wwwmotherinIsrael..com
ramael
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Mar 29, 2010
Daily Manna

The Prayer of the Afflicted
Monday, March 29, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 120:1-7

"In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me" (Psalm 120:1).

Rick Warren, a popular preacher in the United States once remarked that "Life is a series of problems: Either you are in one now, you’re just coming out of one, or you’re getting ready to go into another one. The reason for this is that God is more interested in your character than your comfort; God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making your life happy".

From our text, it is certain that the psalmist had been in some great distress due to persecutions from his adversaries whom he portrayed as directing their sharp arrows of contention against him. He seems to be at a distance from his own country and the house of God, and dwelt among wicked men when he wrote it. He declared his intention to live peaceably with all men, but his persecutors were for war.

One of the chief persecutors of David was Saul, the first king of Israel. At a time, Saul was among the prophets, and afterwards among the witches. Faced with such an enemy, the tendency is for many to resort to the arm of flesh when the opportunity comes. But we need to realize the potency of praying when we are troubled.

If God gave us favours without constraining us to pray for them, we would never know how poor we are. But true prayer is an inventory of wants, a catalogue of necessities, a revelation of hidden poverty. While it is an application to divine wealth, it is a confession of human emptiness. Prayer girds human weakness with divine strength, turns human folly into heavenly wisdom, and gives to troubled mortals the peace of God. Try praying today! It works.

Thought for today: New level! New devil!

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15pm On Mar 29, 2010
The Ministry and the Word
March 29, 2010

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God." (2 Corinthians 5:20)

We, as emissaries of God, must be about the business of imploring people to "be reconciled to God," for God "hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ" (v. 18) and has a desire to see many others likewise reconciled.

Paul tells us that God "hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation" (v. 18) and "committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (v. 19).  What is the difference?

In the first case, the word ministry is translated from the Greek word which means service.  The right to serve is given to us by God, just as a gift is given. Prior to this passage, we are taught the "ministry" (4:1) which we have is, in reality, a "treasure in earthen vessels" (4:7).  We always should remember that God does not need us to do His will, but that in His grace He has chosen to use us in various ways.

In the second case, the teaching is different, for it is the magnificent word (Greek logos) being dealt with.  Christ is referred to as "the Word" (John 1:1).  The "word of God is quick |alive|" (Hebrews 4:12), and through it we are "born again" (1 Peter 1:23).  A study of this theme demands that the logos is no less than the eternal Word of God--that aspect of the triune Godhead which communicates directly to man, whether written or incarnate.  Here it is the "word of reconciliation" (2 Corinthians 5:19) which is committed to us.

The verb "commit" literally means "to place," and implies a deep and important trust, a wholehearted commitment.  "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down |same verb| his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

The Word has been carefully placed in our trust, to guard, believe, and to apply.  The privilege of sharing it with others is a rich and gracious gift. JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2010
Enlarge Your Border

'The sons of the prophets said to Elisha, "Please notice that the
   place where we live under your supervision is too small for us.
   Please let us go to the Jordan where we can each get a log and
   can build ourselves a place to live there." "Go," he said.'
-- 2 Kings 6:1-2 (HCSB)

The Holy Spirit is encouraging many of you to expand your thoughts and
ways of God; you are to enlarge your borders.
You've come through a distinct period of training, and now it's time to be sent out.
Go forth and practice which has been deposited within you.

There is no failure for those who believe and trust in the Father.
You are not alone.
He will not forsake you, but is constantly watching
over you, offering direction.
Examine your ways so you might leave
behind those things which hinder you drawing closer.

There is a place for you.
It is yet beyond the safety net you've established.
You are being called to move into the deeper waters of
the Holy Spirit.
It is there you belong. Build for yourself a home
which is on a firm foundation.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:22am On Mar 30, 2010
The Sun of Righteousness
March 30, 2010

"But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall." (Malachi 4:2)

This is the very last of the numerous Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament. After this, there were four centuries of silence from heaven, as far as inspired Scriptures were concerned. Thus this prophecy must have special significance.

The Messiah ("Christ"wink is called "the Sun of righteousness" in contrast to "all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly" that "shall burn as an oven" when "the day cometh" (v. 1)--that "great and dreadful day of the LORD" (v. 5), and it "shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts" (v. 1).

The "Sun of righteousness" clearly refers to the coming Savior, for He will come "with healing in his wings." The sun does not have wings, of course, so many commentators think this word refers to the rays of the sun, with their lifesustaining energy. However, the Hebrew word means "wings," and nothing else. It is as though the sun is rising rapidly on great wings, dispelling the world's darkness with its light, dispensing healing to its sin-sick soul.

The "Sun of righteousness" of course, can be none other than God Himself, for "the LORD God is a sun and shield" who "will give grace and glory" to "them that walk uprightly" (Psalm 84:11). It is the Lord Jesus Christ, the "light of the world" (John 8:12) coming "from heaven with his mighty angels |his 'wings'?|, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God" (2 Thessalonians 1:7-cool.

But "you that fear my name" in that day "shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, . . . when I make up my jewels" (Malachi 3:17). In the last prophecy of the Old Testament, Christ is the rising Sun; in the last prophecy of the New Testament (Revelation 22:16) He is "the bright and morning star." HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2010
Daily Manna

Our Present Help
Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 121:1-8

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help" (Psalm 121:1).

In his day, King David realized there was no better help than that which came from God. He took solace in the saying that, "the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof."

Today, hardship has become pervasive in many societies and to beat the challenge it poses, many people have enlisted in all manner of criminality.

Our text today is a challenge to believers in Christ to always look up to God in times of adversity.  Some other people have put their trust in man.  But Dennis Kimbro and Napoleon Hill said: "Depending on somebody is another cause of people’s poverty in nature, because no man found himself satisfied with what he has and how do you expect a dependant to find success in life."

The Bible tells us that it is vain to trust in man.  To overcome the economic recession and have our needs met, we must absolutely trust in God who is our help in times of need.

This is not the time to complain or find fault with people over their inability to help you; it is best for you to lift up your eyes unto God.  Trust in man will surely fail.  Only those who hope in the power of the Almighty weather the storm.  Remember, woe to them that go to Egypt to seek help.  Many believers are going back to the world, thinking they will find help.  The truth is that the world has nothing to offer.  Beloved, stay safely in His everlasting arms.

Thought for today: The store house of God never runs dry.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2010
PROTECTING CHRIST’S CHURCH FROM APOSTATES AND ANTICHRISTS

1 Samuel 17:34-36; Psalm 78:70-72; 2 Samuel 17:8,10; John 10:11-13; Psalm 10:4-9,11

David, the shepherd had the sheep of his father to tend and watch over. He knew his priority as a shepherd was to protect the helpless and defenceless sheep under his care and that the ministry of the shepherd is not for the weak, feeble and timid but for the strong, vigilant, responsible and faithful. Because of his faithfulness in tending his father’s sheep, God chose him to become a shepherd over His people. The Lord thus reveals the qualities of courage, strength, lion-heartedness and being focused as characteristics of believers who will be able to protect Christ’s sheep from spiritual lions and bears which apostates and antichrists represent. David had a bear-like and lion-like heart with which he defended the sheep and rescued them from predators. Every true shepherd needs such strength and courage when the challenge comes to defend the flock of Christ from apostates and antichrists.

Christ is the "good shepherd" who "giveth his life for the sheep". Backsliders, false prophets, apostates and antichrists are the lions that seek to harm the church of Christ today as they fight, preach and work against Christ and the progress of His work on earth. Apostates are the opposites of apostles. While apostates are sent by Satan to destroy, scatter and ruin the church, apostles are sent by the Saviour to build and develop the church. Antichrists are opposed to Christ, His will, word and wisdom. Whatever Christ delights in, they seek to destroy. They want to cause heartaches and sorrow for Him in their activities. They target individuals, families, local churches and church leadership to pull down. But our task is to effectively protect the church from the evil work of apostates and antichrists

1 PROTECTION FROM THE WIT AND THE WILES OF APOSTATES
Hebrews 6:4-6; 10:29-31; Matthew 26:14-16,21,22; 2 Corinthians 11:13-15; 1 Timothy 4:1,2; 2 Timothy 2:15-18; Galatians 2:4,5; 2 Peter 2:1-3,19; Acts 20:28-31.

The believer needs not ignore the cunning wit, craftiness and wiles of the apostates. They are not ignorant of the word and will of God because they were once "enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come". They are very dangerous because they are familiar with church doctrines, lifestyle and the conditions of getting to heaven and they use their knowledge to turn people away from the Lord. Apostates were once in the kingdom but are now out; they were once standing but now have fallen away. And in their spiritual destitution they seek, not only to oppose the church but to tread down the Son of God who once saved, sanctified and filled them with His Spirit.

Judas Iscariot was both an apostate and an antichrist. He did not only backslide but was also opposed to Christ. He sold Him to the Jewish leaders not minding the pain his action would bring to the Lord and the assembly of the disciples. But the Lord so protected the disciples that Judas Iscariot did not have any influence on them. He wants us to protect and shield the sheep from the corrupting influence of apostates who wear the garb of deceit to achieve their goal of destroying the church. Having denied the faith they once received and preached, they have become hardened in practising evil in spite of the consequences.

To effectively contend with apostates, believers need to study and internalize the word of God. We must "shun profane and vain babblings" which they use to deceive, having erred from the truth. We must, with Christ-like mind and purpose, be bold to expose false prophets so that other believers can escape their snare and bondage. Those who peddle falsehood and seek to uproot the good word planted in our hearts must be detected and resisted since they work against the revival of the church. Paul the apostle was sharp-sighted enough to detect apostates and protect the church from being destroyed and we ought to do the same. We must not follow these satanic agents as they seek to destroy our souls.

2.PRESERVATION FROM THE WORDS AND WAYS OF ANTICHRISTS
1 John 2:18,26; 4:1-3; 2 John 6-11; Jude 3.

There are many antichrists in the world now that employ seduction, flattery and deceit to sweep the believer off the path of truth. These antichrists use the Bible and mention Christ’s name. They present their false doctrines with so much oratorical skill and reasoning that it becomes difficult for those who cannot discern to differentiate them from the genuine preachers. But you must not make the mistake of believing that everyone who mentions the name of Jesus is genuine. "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world". We cannot love Christ and antichrist at the same time. We must not give any attention to them. "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is a partaker of his evil deeds".

The doctrines of Christ must not be corrupted. Every believer must therefore be diligent to preserve them, watch over their lives and those of the sheep of Christ from being destroyed by the antichrists. We must commit ourselves to "earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints".

3. PASTORAL WATCHFULNESS OF WISE AMBASSADORS
Ezekiel 33:6-9; Acts 20:17-28; 2 Timothy 4:3-5.

God has given every believer the responsibility of a watchman. We must therefore warn people of the danger apostates and antichrists pose to the church of Christ. Failure to do the work of a watchman would make the blood of every deceived and lost soul to be required at our hands. "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood". People are already developing itching ears and preferring motivational talk to the sound teaching of God’s word. But we need to be steadfast in the truth and continue to preach it till the end. As apostates and antichrists seek to destroy the church, we have the responsibility to watch "in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy [our] ministry".

Congregational Songs:
O CHURCH OF GOD
!

1. O Church of God, thy Lord hath chosen thee,
His living witness through the years
To bear the message of His grace
To all the tribes of earth,
Till countless souls of Adam's race
In Christ shall seek new birth.
O Church of God! O temple fair!
Shrine of Christ's beauty, set apart and rare,
His glorious triumph henceforth thou shalt share

2. O Church of God, your Master's call obey,
Go seek the lost while it is called today,
The fields are white and workers few,
To reap the golden grain;
O then to Him thy Lord be true,
To live for Christ is gain.

3. O Church of God, the gates of hell shall fail
Against thy bulwarks ever to prevail,
Clothed in the might of Christ thy Lord,
Abandoned to His will,
Thy weapon His all-conquering Word,
Thou shalt God's plan fulfil.

4. O Church of God, thy warfare ne'er shall cease
Till Christ appears the mighty Prince of Peace,
Whose arm shall break the tyrant's power,
And set creation free;
Then watch until that advent hour,
When Christ thine eyes shall see.

ONWARD, CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!

1. Onward, Christian Soldiers!
Marching as to war,
Looking unto Jesus,
Who is gone before;
Christ, the Royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See His banners go.

Onward, Christian Soldiers!
Marching as to war,
Looking unto Jesus,
Who is gone before.

2. At the name of Jesus
Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers,
On to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
At the shout of praise:
Brothers, lift your voices,
Loud your anthems raise.

3. Like a mighty army
Moves the church of God:
Brothers, we are treading
Where the saints have trod
We are not divided,
All one body we -
One in hope and doctrine,
One in charity.

4. Crowns and thrones may perish,
Kingdoms rise and wane;
But the church of Jesus
Constant will remain:
Gates of hell can never
‘Gainst that church prevail;
We have Christ’s own promise -
And that cannot fail.

5. Onward then, ye people,
Join our happy throng;
Blend with ours your voices
In the triumph song:
“Glory, praise and honour,
Unto Christ the King,” _
This, through countless ages,
Men and angels sing.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2010
Gold

Stand fast My child! Watch and be utterly amazed, for I am about to
do something in your days that even if you were told you would not
believe!

Beloved allow Me to quiet you with My love, so that you may have ears
to hear what the Holy Spirit is saying ever so softly to you. Do not
be overwhelmed in your circumstances as the fire consumes and burns
away the dross. Do not tremble in the weakness of your flesh with fear,
as I shake all that can be shaken within your earthen vessel, so that
only that which is good and pure remains. For I am building My church
and the gates of hell will not prevail against it. When My Wind comes
to blow away the chaff, allow Him to do it without resisting. For though
this may be a time of painful trials, it is only so that your faith
may be refined and be proven genuine for My glory.

Child pay no attention to the enemy's insults that he may hurl at
you to cause you to give up and run from your destiny. For behold you
are on the doorstep of your greatest victory, if you do not give in to
the devil's threats and words of discouragement. My child greater I am
who dwells within you, than he who is in this world. Therefore allow Me
as you pray to strengthen you with all My power so that you may have
great endurance and patience, and joyfully give thanks. By My Spirit
and through My Son Jesus, come to Me and ask for the Spirit of
revelation and for your eyes to see that there are more for you, than
there are which may be against.

You are the temple of the Holy Spirit, therefore abide in Me as I abide
in you because apart from Me you can do nothing. Take time and wait upon
Me, so that you may be strengthened and renewed only to soar higher as
on the wings of an eagle. Be of good cheer and count it all joy, for
My Spirit remains with you! Only do not let your guard down in sight
of the enemy, but be diligent in standing, fully convinced that I able
to accomplish that which I have started.

Do not be afraid child, for you will see that the glory of the latter house
will be greater than that of the former. In other words, you haven't seen
nothing yet!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On Mar 31, 2010
Daily Manna

Confidence in God's Word
Wednesday, March 31, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 119:97-104

"O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me" (Psalm 119:97,98).

There is something that has potent power, is unchanged, constant, indisputable and flawless. It is the word of God. Several people have tried to subvert the word of God but have failed. Such persons have either ended disastrously or surrendered to the power of the word.

No wonder, the Psalmist in our text today speaks of the numerous possibilities of the word of God in his life. The attitude of the Psalmist to the word of God culminated in great benefits for him. He had strong love for the word of God; the word was always with him; and the word was his meditation at all times. He was obedient to the word of God; refrained his feet from every evil; and the word of God was as sweet as honey in his mouth.

The Psalmist’s right attitude towards the word of God made him wiser than all his enemies; he had understanding than all his teachers; he understood deep things of the Spirit; and had the grace to hate every false way.

There is the need to realise that the secret of wisdom, knowledge and understanding is the word of God. It is the source of power to the powerless. The student who loves the word of God will not lag behind in his studies. When the sorrowful resorts to the word of God, he gets consolation. When the sinner or backslider gives himself to the word of God he gets the conviction that leads to repentance. All the promises in the word of God are true in Christ and are capable of effecting wonders in our lives if we hold on to them.

All it takes to have all-round victory is to develop the right attitude to the word of God as the Psalmist did: Love it, believe it, obey it, trust in it and put it into practice. Read the word of God every day, because there is awesome power in it. In fact, it is the tonic for our faith.

Thought for today: The world of the Word has life-giving power.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Mar 31, 2010
The Old Rugged Cross
March 31, 2010

"God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."(Galatians 6:14)

As we ponder the crucifixion of our Lord Jesus Christ, a fuller understanding should bring us to an ever-deeper reliance on and identification with Him. To assist us in examining the work of Christ on the cross, let us use the beloved hymn "The Old Rugged Cross." Here we will find its words reflecting a deep and abiding love for Christ and His cross. The next four days we will, in turn, study each of its four verses, but today, note its chorus:

So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown

Our text reminds us that there is no worth in any deed of our own, including even a full adherence to the law of Moses (Galatians 6:12-13). Only through the cross and the salvation by grace made possible by the cross do we have any standing before God. We must cherish the cross, and cling to it! Thus, we can say with Paul that this "world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world"--[/i]its sinful allurements and the recognition of men of no value.

[i]"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing"
(2 Timothy 4:cool. All our legitimate accomplishments: those true trophies or "|crowns| of rejoicing" (1 Thessalonians 2:19) done in His power and for His glory will be cast before His throne (Revelation 4:10) in recognition of His worth and kingship. His cross made it all possible. So I'll cherish the old rugged cross. JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by akinolasam: 4:05pm On Mar 31, 2010
God bless the soul that started this thread.

God also bless every soul that had contributed to the WORD OF GRACE shared therein.

Just got to this post this afternoon and had taken time to go through most of the posts. Once again God bless.

Let me join the faithfuls to also drop a word here.

LETS GET MATURE IN THE THINGS OF GOD'S KINGDOM - I King 131-31.

When you are a Christian or a faithful disciple, you must not disobey the instructions from the Lord. It is very unfortunate in the scripture above that the old prophet was the vessel used by the devil to destroy the young prophet. People who are like the old prophet are always very cunning and full of differ deceptive ideas. In fact they often plan their evil deeds for over a long time.

When a man is not having a right mind, anointing does not stay. It is so easy to make mistake, but the side effects of mistake are not easily corrected.

There is a clear difference between spiritual authority and anointing. Anointing is a release of supernatural grace while spiritual authority comes after several resourceful manifestation of the anointing.

Listening to Divine Instruction is the sure way out. If you go on the journey that heaven did not send you, then you should be ready to pay for your own fare.

Hindrance to Anointing

Un-forgiveness: Life is full of different experiences, some are bitter and some others are sweet. When those bitter encounters come through other people, one may become offended and if this is not properly taken care of it leads to un-forgiveness. Wherever you will get to, you will surely get there. Unforgiveness eats the heart like a cancer and it kills the anointing.

Murmuring: This is complaining against every thing around you. It kills the anointing. It stop a man from getting to his destination. Suffering is part of growth. When a man is not ready to be part of any suffering but only wants the benefit of a man that had suffered, he will not obtain anything special. Even if things are not going the way you expected, instead of murmuring and complaining, give thanks unto the Lord.

Evil Speaking: Never join multitude to speak evil of a man under the anointing. If you don’t know what to say, keep your month shut. You cannot be talking evil about a man and still expect his anointing to work for you.

Eyes Service: Whatever you are doing in the church is a service unto the Lord, you are not working for any man. The only way out of this is to get mature. Do your work (anything you are doing) as unto the Lord?

Evil/Wrong Association: When you have an important place you want to go, you avoid any distractions. Mixing with any man who does not respect your goal is like using pills that can abort a pregnancy. Avoid such man like a plague.

Wrong Character: Someone once said, ‘If a man should loose everything he has, one thing he should fight never to loose is character.’ Anointing does not rest upon a man that lack good character.

Bad Communication: Jesting is not a virtue for a mature mind. It watered down any seriousness when applied in a matter. The scripture warns that evil or bad communication must not proceed out of our mouth.

I SAMUEL 9:27; 10:1

There are certain unusual conditions that are required for receiving the anointing:

- Stand still

- Stand alone

- Stand with God

Every anointing that comes upon a man is with specific instruction or declaration. When you are working under such anointing you must always pray to God to keep you within his will and never to go astray.

You must stay in total loyalty and commitment to the Lord and to the ‘vessel’ that pour the anointing on you. You must follow in his step and develop the same good habit with the vessel.

Standing before the Lord entails a lot of prayers and fasting. Fasting ordinarily keep you on a lonely path. You are no longer cut for the common rudiment of mere men. You must always learn to be cut off from the usual crowd. It is when you are alone that you begin to have strange encountered that people will ordinarily not obtain without exclusion. John 14:24.

Just as it takes a long time for the anointing to be build up. So also it takes a long time for the anointing to leave completely. I Sam.28:1-

After people have lost grace, they seek for powers that are not power to provoke God into jealously. You need total commitment and loyalty to the Lord and the Vessel that have anointed you.

When you pay the same sacrifice, give the same commitment, you will always have the same result, if not beter. Do not abuse your area of strength. God does not make use of a Perfect Vessel. He needs available ordinary vessels that can be transformed through the extra ordinary anointing of God.

PRAYER POINT

Lord, let your power work for me and not against me.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2010

I am calling to My singing bride.

Sing to your Beloved a happy song.

This is a new day of wonder. 

This is the hour to look forward to with much anticipation. 

I want you expectant. 

I want you breathless with anticipation over the wonders of the approaching hour.

Sing to Me words of expectant hope in what I am bringing. 

Yes, sing words to Me telling Me of the hope that you have in the approaching hour!!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41am On Apr 01, 2010
On a Hill Far Away
April 1, 2010

"And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha."(John 19:17)

The Hebrew word golgotha and the Latin word calvarie actually mean "skull." The Romans had selected a place of execution outside Jerusalem (Hebrews 13:12) but near the city (John 19:20), near a public highway (Matthew 27:39), and easily visible from some distance away (Mark 15:40).  This has led many to speculate that it was on a hill, as in the first verse of the well-loved hymn "The Old Rugged Cross."

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain

Truly His cross involved great suffering: "Christ also suffered for us. . . . Who his own self bore our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed" (1 Peter 2:21, 24).  Likewise, it involved great shame: "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree" (Galatians 3:13).  But this suffering and shame was not in vain, for as we see in both passages above, it was on our behalf.  "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

However, God's dearest and best, indeed God's "only begotten Son" (John 3:16), was slain, not so much for "friends," but for enemies!  A world of lost sinners put Him on the cross.  "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us . . . when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son" (Romans 5:8, 10).  So I'll cherish the old rugged cross. JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2010
This Kingdom's King Is Come
Believe Me.
Believe in Me.
I am your God.
You are My people.
I have not been able to say this of My people since David's time.
Can you understand what this means to Me?
A holy nation!
A people I have long desired, one totally devoted and consecrated to Me.
They are a sweet fragrance of continual sacrifice before Me, an unending chorus, even a thunder of praise offered to Me.
Therefore I will place a king of David's line over this people, even Jesus,
whom heaven must hold until the restoration of all things spoken by all the prophets through all the ages of time.
(Acts 3:19-21 He will restore as David did restore in Israel.
He is Messiah, and His restoration is on a spiritual and global level.
So set your hearts to rejoicing, for this holy kingdom's King has come and is coming.
Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2010
REMMEMBER IT IS THE BLOOD OF JESUS

My Blood will never lose its power. Yes, it is all powerful, perfect and from My Father. It is that perfection that will translate My Saints at the resurrection. It will renew, make whole, and quicken your bodies as mine to rule and reign with Me. Not all will be quickened as such with My Blood but those who have been washed in My Blood.

Are you washed and made clean? Have you entered into the Blood Covenant with Me, your Perfect Sacrifice? Have you looked at the cross and applied The Blood? I offered My Blood once and for all on The Altar of The Holy of Holies at My Crucifixion. The veil was removed for no more would a sacrifice suffice. Yes, I Am the Perfect Sacrifice given to atone for the sins of the world.

Do not say that it was the cross I hung on or the hill that I was lifted up on or the day itself. Each was to fulfill the word of the prophets that foretold My Coming. No, nothing can save but by accepting My Blood Sacrifice and My Blood Covenant. Enter into covenant with Me. Say you have received My atonement for your sins and that I Am Lord of your life.

You must be born again for New Life is in My Blood.

Saints, can we belabor the blood? Absolutely not! There is no remission of sins of mankind without the shedding of blood and the perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ The Anointed One. No blood of bullocks and goats will atone or suffice. If you have never accepted the blood sacrifice of Jesus come now and receive His Living Water to thirst no more and be purified by His Blood. Woe to him who looks to any other for you will be left wanting at His Coming. There are those who sit in the pews of the churches who have been deceived. Examine yourselves again for the Word is plain; you shall know them by their fruit.

[b]
"But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"
Hebrews 9:11-14 

"For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant."
Hebrews 10: 11, 12, 20 

”I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has but a short time."
Revelations 12: 10-12[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by member479760: 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2010
The graveyard of religion is in Nigeria so therefor we shall continue protecting it.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:36am On Apr 05, 2010
The Stars Also
April 5, 2010

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also."(Genesis 1:16)

On the fourth day of Creation Week, God made the two lights for day and night, and then--almost like an afterthought[i]--"he made the stars also."[/i] Nothing, of course, is an afterthought with God, but this emphasizes the relative importance of these parts of His creation.  Whether or not the earth is the geographical centre of the universe, earth is the centre of God's interest in the universe.  This is where He created man and woman in His own image, and where He will reign over His creation in the ages to come.

The primary purpose of the stars, as well as the sun and moon, was "to divide the day from the night; and . . . be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And . . . to give light upon the earth" (Genesis 1:14-15).  They could not fulfill these functions, of course, if their light could not be seen on the earth, so we can be sure that these heavenly bodies and their light rays were created--like Adam and Eve--"full-grown," in a state of functioning maturity.

All that can be known scientifically about the stars must be determined from their light intensity and spectra.  (Their distances can be measured geometrically only to about 300 lightyears).  Any other information--any greater distances, size, temperature, etc.--must be derived by inference, based on some theory of stellar evolution.

Although the stars all look alike (even through a telescope, they all appear as mere points of light), these calculations have shown that each one is unique, as revealed long ago in Scripture: "one star differeth from another star in glory" (1 Corinthians 15:41).  Those who believe can learn more about them in the ages to come, for "they that be wise shall shine . . . as the stars for ever and ever" (Daniel 12:3). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:37am On Apr 05, 2010
     Being a pure "temple" [vessel] and partaking of the "fullness" of the ministry of the Holy Spirit are "inextricably" linked.

"inextricable" - incapable of being separated;

, "Do you not know that your body is the temple [the very sanctuary] of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body",  1 Corinthians 6:19-20 The Amplified Translation

, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness? What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? What agreement [can there be between] a temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in and with and among them and will walk in and with and among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. [Exod. 25:8; 29:45; Lev. 26:12; Jer. 31:1; Ezek. 37:27.] So, come out from among [unbelievers], and separate (sever) yourselves from them, says the Lord, and touch not [any] unclean thing; then I will receive you kindly and treat you with favor, [Isa. 52:11.] And I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty. [Isa. 43:6; Hos. 1:10.] THEREFORE, SINCE these [great] promises are ours, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that contaminates and defiles body and spirit, and bring [our] consecration to completeness in the [reverential] fear of God",  2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 8:28am On Apr 06, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:48am On Apr 06, 2010
ALL THINGS

“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength” – Philippians 4:13

My precious Church, how I love you and have called you to draw closer to Me, continue to seek Me and know My heart. Continue to live a life of facedown surrender before Me, truly laying down your lives, your desires, your plans so that I may impart to you all things from My heart. For as you live lives surrendered to My heart and My will, our desires become one. Your heart beats in Mine.

Many of you are facing situations right now where you feel like you cannot move forward. Many of you are feeling like the oppression is too much, the intercessory burden is too heavy, the journey is too hard. My people you can do all things with My strength and empowerment.

I am allowing many of you in situations where you cannot move forward without My strength, you cannot carry the burden without My help, you cannot find the answers you so desire without My direction.

My Church, I am allowing this so that you may learn to truly rely on Me. There is coming a time where many will be brought to their knees. Pride will be revealed and brought down, so that many may learn to walk in humility and learn that it is I the Lord thy God that accomplish all good things.

Many of you are wondering day and night when this will end, when you will be able to move forward and see the results that you are longing to see. My beautiful people, surrender to My timing, surrender to My heart, My character, knowing that I want what is best for you, and am working all things for good in each of your lives. No matter what comes your way, you can continue to stand in ALL things because of who I AM IN YOU!

This is a season where human strength, boasting and pride will be brought down, and truly those with the humble hearts will arise. Those who truly live facedown, those who truly live surrendered to Me, and have their eyes fixed firmly upon Me, those I will exalt to bring forth a greater move of My Spirit.

I am ALL things! In Me are all good things! I am the epitome of love, and I long to shower many of you in the deep revelation of My love, kindness and goodness. My people do not try to earn glory for the work of your hands, but give Me all the glory.

There is much human boasting, self-promotion and pride in My Church and My people I am longing to release upon you deeper revelation of who I am, and as you see more and more of who I am and My heart for each of you, these things will fall away in repentance. There is a dying of flesh happening within My body to those who are hearing My voice and obeying. Through each of you I am resurrecting the laid down lovers!

I am searching for the laid down lovers! Come, delight in My love, delight in My Word, surrender all things to Me and watch Me unfold greater things in your lives than you could ever have hoped or dreamed of.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2010
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHhA_Kz9tS8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

You can either increase the height or length as you please.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2010
CROOKED PLACES STRAIGHT

There has been a detour set up on a roadway that we regularly travel for some time.
It has been a very difficult and dangerous stretch  to travel as the detour was very crooked requiring slow speed
and keen awareness to maneuver through safely.
Under best conditions we could expect to sit in a slow moving line of backed-up traffic,
and most days we found ourselves at a total standstill for long periods before moving on through. 
But just this week we came upon the stretch of road only to discover that the detour was gone. 
A short straight stretch of asphalt had replaced the dangerous crooked roadway. 
There was no longer any delays or backed-up traffic with which to deal. 
It was now just smooth sailing straight through…
what had been so difficult had suddenly become so easy!

The Lord is speaking to many of you through this.  Hear His message and be blessed…

I have gone before you and made the way.

Now walk in it.

Exodus 23:
20Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Isaiah 45:
2I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: 3And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06am On Apr 08, 2010
Prosperity Versus Contentment
April 7, 2010

"But godliness with contentment is great gain."(1 Timothy 6:6)

In this day of Madison Avenue sales pressures and an everincreasing array of technological gadgets and creature comforts, the Christian virtue of contentment is a rare commodity.  There is even a widespread error among born-again Christians that material prosperity is a token of spirituality and divine approval on an affluent lifestyle.

Instead of a blessing, however, such affluence (if it comes) should be regarded as a testing, for Jesus said: "unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required" (Luke 12:48).

Paul was perhaps the most faithful and fruitful Christian who ever lived, yet he died penniless in a Roman dungeon.  His own testimony concerning material possessions and standards of living was this: "I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need" (Philippians 4:11-12).

In the context of our key verse above, the apostle Paul has actually been warning young pastor Timothy against the influence of those who suppose, among other things, "that gain is godliness," and who think that their material prosperity is proof of their spiritual prosperity.  "From such" says Paul, "withdraw thyself" (1 Timothy 6:5).  Material gain in no way either produces or denotes godliness; rather, godliness itself is the gain, if accompanied by contentment in Christ (otherwise, of course, it is not true godliness)!  Even the most impoverished believer can acquire riches in heaven, where it really counts.  In the meantime: "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Hebrews 13:5). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:07am On Apr 08, 2010
Daily Manna

Don't Forget!
Thursday, April 8, 2010

TEXT: Joshua 24:1-13

"And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and oliveyards which ye planted not do ye eat" (Joshua 24:13). For more . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.