Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Masters Program In Usa/canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Masters Program In Usa/canada (1869 Views)

I Need Assistance On Admission Process For Masters Program In Austria / Which Is The Best Place To Immigrate To, Uk, Usa, Canada, Australia And Europe ? / I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masters Program In Usa/canada by Skywalker5(m): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2008
G
Re: Masters Program In Usa/canada by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 18, 2019
Skywalker5:
Hello
I am planning to go for a masters program in either Canada or USA. Though i am started the process for USA
Do i need a very at account when going to interview for financial statement when going for interview and whats the best way of convincing them that i would be back in Naija after my studies.

My parents are in the states and i feel USA embassy would think my plans for the masters in their country is to hook up with my family there(which is also part of my plan sha ooo)

I need experienced advice please
Just scared cuz i dont want to be rejected
It's even better your parents are in the states, they can sponsor your studies which is very necessary, to show th income or bank account and to sign they support you
Re: Masters Program In Usa/canada by ChitoChukwudi1(m): 3:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
Hide that. The vo don't like people with ties to the US.

Skywalker5:
Hello
I am planning to go for a masters program in either Canada or USA. Though i am started the process for USA
Do i need a very at account when going to interview for financial statement when going for interview and whats the best way of convincing them that i would be back in Naija after my studies.

My parents are in the states and i feel USA embassy would think my plans for the masters in their country is to hook up with my family there(which is also part of my plan sha ooo)

I need experienced advice please
Just scared cuz i dont want to be rejected
Re: Masters Program In Usa/canada by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2019
Skywalker5: don't hide anything in the interview or US embassy papers, they ask if you have a family in the states, your answer should be Yes but don't tell many details, just answer short and correct to any question you have.

and yes, they may think you wish to stay in US and that's why you are going, but it is not convenient for you to overstay your visa because once you become illegal, not easy to be legal again. Did your mom apply for your green card? If she didn't, she should, if your mom has a green card, she can petition an unmarried child over 21, better she does it now, sooner it starts, sooner you will be approved, it takes about 8-9 years to get a family visa and you better do not marry, as for married children the waiting is longer.

About your Master's studies, get very serious about it. Master's studies are more acceptable by US, your family better sign your affidavit showing to your University their income and bank accounts. If you have a family sponsor(s) in America, it's much more easy to be accepted to study there, US universities like to see your tuition can be paid and they trust American banks.
Re: Masters Program In Usa/canada by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 01, 2019
all your documents and your interview should be all true, don't lie or hide anything, you don't want to lose America forever, lying to American government is a crime and it's never forgiven, you could be banned for life.

About your interview in the embassy, communicate before that with your College (University), check their website, ask and see on website about teachers and professors in your field, the people who will probably teach you your Master degree, ask questions about how are studies there, ask about your profession, get into and keep in a friendly relationship with 1-2 professors, could be by email, Facebook or LinkedIn. Keep the record and attach the copies of your communication with the professor to your Interview papers, ask the professor to be your reference.

This way you show you are really very serious about your studies and US embassy officer will like it, also you will be accepted for real to study in US, America likes Master degree good professionals and you build your friendship from the beginning
Re: Masters Program In Usa/canada by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 01, 2019
Also you can go another way, try to apply through Fulbright, you have it in Nigeria and it is their job explaining to your how it works and which college is good for you, they also give scholarships, it takes time but if your student visa is not approved or delayed, ask Fulbright to help you.
https://eca.state.gov/fulbright/country/nigeria

Don't be afraid to ask to visit them, they should have the library and usually they make copies for you from their catalogs, as to talk to somebody, ask questions about your studies and how is it in America. If there is sometimes only the secretary and she doesn't know too much, ask for a list of Colleges with your profession Masters degrees and communicate by email online asking more. This way before your visa interview, you will know a lot and if the interview officer asks you, you have shown lots of interest in studying in America. Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

You Have Been Warned…before It Is Too Late!!....do Not Fly This Airline. / Malta Sells EU Passports For €650k / A Deeper Look Into The Life Of Mansa Musa–the Richest Human Being Who Ever Lived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.