Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Graduates Against Dragnet GSE - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates Against Dragnet GSE (20340 Views)

Final Free Dragnet GSE Past Questions And Answers ( Old And New Package) / Please Help (re: Free Dragnet GSE Questions) / Dragnet/gse Are Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by jodeci(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
fallguy:

in an economic sense dragnet is just capitalizing on an opportunity created by job seekers and employers.
but to make themselves the standard?
THE dragnet concept isnt new. in fact its belated.
when there is a lot of disparity, very soon the need for a STANDARD WILL arise.
its bound to be.
JAMB IS STANDARD, IELTS IS A STANDARD, TOEFL IS A STANDARD,GRE IS A STANDARD -
so for employment purposes- some organisation is going to come up and set a standard.
its cheaper for a university to judge u based on jamb score than to set up the tests themselves,same goes for
toefl. except when the credibility of the test maker becomes suspect - like jamb is - .else how many organizations will question your toefl or A-levels or ielts score ?that's because the organizations have sterling reputations.
this is the future trend so stop bitching . As a matter of fact expect dragnet to grow and possibly be on the stock exchange ,until the nigerian factor - corruption of course- hacks it down.Then maybe banks may resort to their own in house methods.

An idiot has come on-board!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by fallguy(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2008
@jodeci

I can see the truth hurts, grin, its fools like you who form unions to help them cling on their 'jobs'.
just like some one suggested a 'job seekers' union to protect 'graduates' . if my explanation of the REALITIES on ground ,didnt go down well with you then YOU ARE the biggest fool alive and people like you lose.
like i said, the dragnet phenomenom is belated it was bound to hit the market.
if you don't like it then get out of the jobseeking market .
inflexible minds like stay put while the change obsoletes them.
you've got mental arthritis - i report the facts.
welcome to the downside of capitalism. modern slave-master relationships as the 'common' man strives to eke a living.
from your reaction i can tell you on the 'tugging' end of the noose-the slave.like most workers in today's modern 'slave farms' .educated ,highly educated slaves.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by IncaGold(m): 8:19pm On Aug 21, 2008
@nelly4,
You've also failed to realise that the same Guiness PLC u mentioned is calling for another round of test!
My assessment is based on the reality on ground not based on how it should be or how it's done in other countries of the world. In as much as I'm against it (because we've to pay and not the organizations recruiting), i'm totally in support of the IDEA or CONCEPT (although it aint new).

I think your assessment of the Nigerian situation is rather faulty. The whole idea is you sit ur GSE, get ur score and once a recruit like UBN wants to recruit the ask candidates to submit their GSE score and they shortlist based on a predetermined criteria. I dont it makes sense travelling back and forth writing different test if a single one CAN do the trick.
Very soon I guess people will "form" a union to combat organisations that organise recruitment test. At least some companies dont employ 25 and over and some dont employ HND holders, so it's a matter of standard the organisation has. If they say sit the GSE, then we dont have a choice. But i'll continously oppose the fact that we're made to pay. Some raised an issue on regulation, i wonder who regulates the aptitude test people have sat for, for so long.
Even if we don't agree on this, I think we all deserve to express our opinion.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by janami(f): 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2008
The economic situation in this country is very bad. A job seeker shouldnt pay to get a job. Its not really nice. Its exploitation and the money being asked for is way too much. i logged on to some sites like IGI, Lacasera, UBA, Union Bank even silverbird and they are all asking for GSE scores.
hmm, not everyone has the luxury of coughing out 5k for a recruitment that is not even sure.

But to be fair to dragnet, they conducted free tests for all nairalanders not too long ago. That was kind of gracious of them sha
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by bimbotolu: 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2008
am actaully thinking of writing the exams.
after seeing the union bank advert my folks won't let me rest
but u knw i really can't blame coz they'll do 'anthing' to see their child get a job
still i don't agree with paying 5k b4 u get a job
it aint far
think of those who can't afford it.
any way it's nigeria and everyone is try to get his/ her daily bread.
u wouldn't blame dem.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by janami(f): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2008
and i am not really saying with all the stress they go thru, they shouldnt be paid, rather the prospective employers should pay and pay them well for all the wahala they have to go through in getting the right candidtaes for their coy
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by royalicon(m): 8:56am On Aug 22, 2008
You are the reason behinde Dragnet GSE capitalizing on your ignorant.
Get something doing, Be self-employed, see yourself as employer of labour above all Believe in yourself and what u can go with your hands.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by janami(f): 9:28am On Aug 22, 2008
royalicon:

Get something doing, Be self-employed, see yourself as employer of labour above all Believe in yourself and what u can go with your hands.
true talk
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by ogabo: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2008
i am totally against gse exam,and i will not pay 4 any exam.but i want to tell goatleg that ythe union bank exam is free u dont hav 2 pay,just get ur gse id
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by A40(m): 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2008
Its exploitational but i guess its a Nigerian thing how do they expect an unemployed graduate to pay between 5000 to 7500 naira for a job he is not even sure of getting
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by vislabraye(m): 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hmm. EFCC is still around the corner. I think it would be best to report such things to them. Well, i don't know much about dragnet, i've been hearing about them, and i've contemplated patronizing them. One thing we should find out is this: how many people have they recruited? I was expecting to hear a successful recruit from dragnet, but non yet. I wonder if the ministry of education knows about this. There should be some kind of regulation,
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by tilo: 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2008
hi guyz
why dont we try and publicize this issue so that innocent graduates dont serve as preys.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by ranmig(m): 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2008
thanks for the information, i used to think they were not fraudulent but with this msg i guess its a caution for all of us, i dnt just knw wat this country is turning into, sumone will struggle to go to school n manage to graduate with all these pressure from Lectureres, n nw sum pple will still be sumwhere looking for ways to scam us again, ah Graduates r suffering in this country, this job search Nigeria too r dubious too, i fell victim of them, well everyone shuld be warned,
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by edumen2003: 12:35am On Aug 23, 2008
the only way to stop this mess is by not registering. we will not fold our arms and see things go wrong. even if you have the money to pay, what about those that don't have and our younger ones. Infact am sending an article on this for publication in thisday newspaper, let no one pay because ones we patronize this so called Dragnet, more dubious individuals will gang up and form their own and who will be their targets? you and i already know.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Juliangery(m): 9:28am On Aug 23, 2008
This is 419, well am sorry for Nigeria. No good leader any where in this country.
Only selfish individual who what to use any opportunity to rip us off.
Its a pity, am happy NLC have condemned it and I hope they will ensure it is stopped.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by tyor: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2008
dragnet koo, dragnet ni!

moo na shyne una eyes well. shey na because dragnet dey publicise their own.

there are so many other YAHOO, YAHOO people claiming to be recruitment agency.

last year i heard of such thru a friend so i applied to see what they do there.

we had an aptitude test in a small church, they'll take N100 from u as file fees. then they'll send mail to evryone that u're successful and u should bring processing fee of N1100 and collect ur employment letter.

i'll be glad to tell u that , in d message they sent, they made it look real by telling u dat u'll give them 20 % of ur first pay.

pls beware of such. most of their adverts in on punch and guardian.

they advertise like this ''A COMPANY THATS INTO OIL AND GAS, TELECOMS AND MICROFINANCE, bla bla blah

PELLOW nAIJARIANs, BE GUIDE
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by DUNKA(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2008
[color=#990000][/color]I am really suprised at somme posters on this forum if u had visted the UNION BANK website you would clearl see that they said payment is not required you just get your GSE password and Id and under graduate recruitment on the site you would clearly see that they say PAYMENT IS NOT REQUIRED you submit and it will tell u that u will be contacted if you meet the selection criteria!

Anyway its not by force to apply but some of us do need the job instead of just critisizing Union Bank endlessly

goodluck! angry
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2008
WELL THIS IS NOT REALLY ABOUT UNION BANK, IF THEY SAY NO PAYMENTS THEN GOODLUCK TO CANDIDATES THIS TIME AROUND,

THIS THREAD IS ACTUALLY TARGETED @ THE UNSCRUPULOUS ACTIVITIES OF DRAGNET AND THERE POPULAR STANDARDISATION EXAM WHICH IS 100% COMPULSORY WITH A FEE OF 5000 WHICH WAS FORMALY 7500,

THIS MY FRIEND IS WRONG AND COMPANIES HAVE BEEN PATRONISING THEM ,

IF THIS IS NOT STOPED IT WOULD BECOME A NORM AND 1DAY WE WOULD HAVE OTHERS FOLLOWING SUITE WITH EVEN PRICE VARIANCE WHERE GRADUATES WILL BE COMPELLED TO SEEK FOR THE CHEAPEST RECRUITING EXAMINATION,

THIS IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS AGAINST sad
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by adedammy1: 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2008
God bless the writer,its so sad that things like this actually happen in our country. God will help the masses[color=#990000][/color].
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by laidback(m): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2008
In this case i dont blame Dragnet, they are clearly opportunists. Its companies like UBA that simply refuse to develop themselves and thier H.R. that i blame. I've made it a rule never to pay one (1) kobo to any company that seeks money thru recruitment. I mean for crying out LOUD that's why they have a H.R. department in the first place.

In my house i always praise companies like P&G and my folks cant understand why. I was once in the recruiting process with this company, and they invited 20 of us who were vying for the same entry level position toa seminar in lagos, paid flight fees for those who came in from the north, paid for our lodging in a hotel in Allen, with free rooom service amongst other perks. All this for bloody entry level and they needed only one person!!

I say you can smell good companies worth working for a mile off. I earnestly urge nigerian job seekers to resist the dragnet scam OR i'll open my own 'standardisation exam' body o! And i assure you the fee wont be 5,000. NONSENSE. The whole scheme is like many government policies, blatantly annoying and insecere. What's even more annoying is companies like UBA who wouldn't think it through.

LETS ALL DO SOMETHING OR THE MONSTER WONT GO AWAY!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Vuitton(m): 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2008
Its real sad to discover all this cry

I already got a UBA Xchange card and loaded 5,500 naira towards payment.

Well on the Union bank site it says dont actually have to pay yet but you should have a GSE id.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by ndumart: 9:52am On Aug 27, 2008
Personally i see this GSE stuff as a rip-off. But what baffles me is that the Guardian newspaper of yesterday on page 31 lent credence to this GSE craze under the headline Banks, others endorse new centralized recruitment system

Everything in Nigeria just works the other way round. God help us.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Caliente(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2008

[size=13pt]Get something doing like what? Sometimes this option is by far more difficult for some people.[/size]
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by philem1: 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2008
can u imaggine i recieve a test message telling me to apply for unionbank vacancy getting to this site i saw3 you can onlty do that thru GSE another way of extorting us by the way where are we going in Nigeria
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Vuitton(m): 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2008
This is 9ja!
I love my country to death.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
NIGA INDEED ,

WE ARE REALLY MESSED UP, cry
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by xammy(m): 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2008
Imagine, i receive a reminder from DRANET to REGISTER for the union bank stupid test. there intention is very CLEAR. they are after the money. they must run down by force or by fire.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Rosuo: 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2008
GSE is not a scam o, it is for real. They are not a recruitment organisation, but an examination body setting a standard like Paccino said. Yes they are just like JAMB, but because JAMB failed, Post JAMB had to come up. The questions set in the GSE exam are actually FGA (First Graduate Assessment) questions. That's the UK body that regulates the exam. Everything is computer based, the human interface is completely eliminated. When you pay, you are not paying any company for a job, (just like when you enrol for JAMB, you are not paying any university for admission), you are paying to sit for an exam, period. Your score is yours and nobody can take it away from you.

I appreciate the idea. Even though it wasn't easy for me to cough out 5, 000 at a go, it saves me the stress of travelling to write numerous tests in the long run. I can use that single test score to apply to any of the companies that have adopted GSE. PH to Lagos and back no be 5k o!

Abeg let us not focus on the money. You guys who reside in Lagos should pity us who have to keep jumping up and down to write countless aptitude tests.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Bene(f): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2008
I agree with you to an extent Rosuo, This thing is a straight forward
process and i dont see how it can be a scam, its just that they are new.
The objective of every business, excluding non-profits and social
businesses is to make profit, so i dont beef them for that. I appreciate
what they are trying to do; i mean if i can sit for one test and use that
score to apply anywhere i want that would be a huge weight off my
shoulders. Its so tiresome travelling to Lagos every so often to write one
test or the other.

Its just like having a JAMB score and every university accepts it; i pity
my younger ones who are going from school to school writing university
entrance abi post jamb or whatever. I see a good GSE score on my CV as a
plus, yet another proof of what i have to offer. I guess i should sit for
the exam, i wish we didn't have to bear all the cost though.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Bene(f): 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2008
Guys, Guys! lets look at it this way, Dragnet GSE is a new innovation, We talk about technological advancement, and yet we refuse to ambrace it when it comes. I think we should give these guys a chance. Me oh, am tired of going from one interview , test to the other only for the job to be given to who know who, and the person may not even know jack. getting jobs should be done on merit bases. If GSE can be standardized, i will rather go for it.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by ehiabhi(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2008
In fact, GSE and Union bank are makiing caricacture of their organisation. God will see us through.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by lysaa(f): 7:50pm On Aug 29, 2008
Dragnet come and save ya self o o tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Soft Skills Employers Are Looking For In Applicants / Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? / Senate Moves To Scrap Age Limit In Job Advertisements In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.