Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Graduates Against Dragnet GSE - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates Against Dragnet GSE (20338 Views)

Final Free Dragnet GSE Past Questions And Answers ( Old And New Package) / Please Help (re: Free Dragnet GSE Questions) / Dragnet/gse Are Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by zaragoza(m): 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2008
I really dont know why people always fail to deal with issues without sentiment or bias instead they opt to have myopic views on issues bothering on thier future.Rather than outrightly critisizing Gse, we all should encourage it cos they hav a very nice concept. Accepted d fee of 5k is very much on d high side.I suggest a fee of atleast 1K shld do.D gains if effectively managed far out weighs d money paid.Imagine somebody travellin 4rm owerri to lagos just 4 an aptitude test he or she is not even sure of passin,d person wld hav ended up spendin close 2 10K to & fro plus hazards involved.Using half of dat cash to sit 4 an exam which cld potentially be used by diff. companies, dont u think dat u end up gainin by cuttin on cash u wld hav used to travel 4 all those company's aptitude test.Those lashin out @ UBN shld stop cos they even gave an option of applyin w/out payment. If jamb,waec & neco which is owned by govt. Shld charge 4 sittin 4 thier exams why not Gse. Its a chance 4 3rd class & pass 2 prove themselv
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Bene(f): 8:40am On Sep 01, 2008
My dear Zaragoza, U are the only person that has spoken like a truely objective person, in fact i admire your thot process and intelligence. I honestly agree with. There is also a fact that we are over looking, the 5k is for a period of 2years, so that means if you take the exam with 5k, you will not pay for it again for 2years which my dear i think is reasonable. We can only appeal to Dragnet to reduce the cost considering their target market instead of call them a scam, and talking bad about them.

Most of us wear shoes, cloths even take babe's out to fast food joints with more than 5k, we waist money on unncessary thing, but when it's comes to issues that will and can place us high in the society, we don't want to sacrifice for it. It is high time we take responsiblity for somethings to become responsible.

I rest my case
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2008
WELL sad

WELL sad

WELL

FOR EVERY BAD ACT THERE WOULD ALWAYS BE A WAY TO OUT SMART ALL ILLS ATTACHED TO IT, angry

SO FAR THE ONLY REASON YOU GUYS ARE COMMENDING DRAGNET GSE IS BECAUSE IT'S JUST A CHEAPER OPTION FOR CANDIDATES RESIDING FAR FROM TEST CENTERS, ABI grin

WELL IF U DONT KNOW , NOW U KNOW, cool

NUMBER1

AFTER THE GSE TEST INDIVIDUAL COMPANIES STILL CONDUCT THERE OWN TEST, GSE ONLY REDUCES THE NUMBER, grin

NUMBER 2

THERE HAS REALLY BEEN NO WIDELY KNOWN CASE OF SUCCESSFULL RECRUITMENT VIA THE DRAGNET GSE cry

NUMBER 3

IT IS GOING TO BE A GREATER LOSS WHEN U REALISE THAT PREFERENCE ALSO EXIST EVEN AFTER COUGHING OUT 5000 NAIRA, cry embarassed

NUMBER 4

COMPANIES SHOULD BE PAYING THEM AND NOT GRADUTES,

THIS IS ACTUALLY WHAT WE SHOULD CANVASS IF THEY REALLY INTEND TO INVOLVE TECHNOLOGY, wink
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Bene(f): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2008
Zaragoza dear, to further clearify the 5k payment for 2years, what i actually meant was that u don't need to pay again if you like your scores after taking the exam, but if you want to change your score (if poor) you will wait for 6mths and then pay again to retake the exam. Ordinarily one needs to do well/pass the exam well to benefit form the System.

Hope u get the message
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by zaragoza(m): 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
@Nelly4
I just want to ask u these simple question, What do you have to say about companies that allows you to apply only when you have a GSE score? the likes of skye bank. IGI etc.

What do you have to say about NECO, JAMB(owned by the govt.) that collects money for registration before you sit for thier exams? the govt. should as well pay for prospective candidates. Furthermore what of Universities that charge for post jamb? it should have been free as well. pls i need answers
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Bene(f): 4:09pm On Sep 01, 2008
Abi ooh my brother, O ya @Nelly4 Answer. grin

@Nelly4 your thot process is very amazing and very disappointing i may say. Please learn to think deep.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nawewe: 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2008
I think all d hullabaloo is uncalled for. If na to trip babe now, 5K go be small money, but to do something that might benefit ur life na wahala. I havent been on d GSE site but from what i understand they are just trying to make life easier for Graduates. Its as if some of the people posting on this sites have never been to a Bank test centre abi?

Maybe when u have experienced the humiliation, embarrassment and discomfort associated with these tests then u will appreciate GSE or Dragnet better. Imagine where a security man will be talking to you any how because you came for Bank test. I think the focus should be on getting Dragnet to reduce the cost of the exams not bitching about it,
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Bene(f): 5:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
nawewe i hail !!!!. You are the true son of your father. I like pple who can see more than their nose. True talk my brother. We should find a way to appeal to dragnet to reduce cost and not bitching them because we a graduates who have refused to be responsible.

God bless u ooh!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Vuitton(m): 5:12pm On Sep 01, 2008
Wonder if theres hope for those of us who applied for Union bank without GSE scores

shocked
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by zaragoza(m): 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2008
@nawewe
thank u very much for contributing objectively without bias and sentiments.
@Nelly4
U have a very myopic and selfish sense of judgement. Just because maybe u reside in lagos does not mean every other person resides there. U feel that maybe because u reside in lagos u wldnt need 2 spend much to get to test venues but due 2 ur shallow reasonin u failed to u/stand dat some aptitude test are held outside of lagos and dat u wld need 2 travel out of lagos 2 write dem.
If a company shld insist dat u can only apply 2 thier job openings only wit d GSE score, then why call GSE a scam. Do u know d meaning of d word scam. If paying d govt. In d form of purchasin jamb & neco forms just to enter a govt. University dat u wld still pay school fees is justified then why not GSE. My dear u have to come to terms with d fact dat nothing comes 4 free in dis fast paced world. One last question, have u ever been through d stress of an aptitude test where u wld be insulted by d security & even struggle 2 enter d hall? Wake up!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ZARAGOZA

WELL THE ANSWER TO UR QUESTION IS THAT THOSE EXAM BODIES U MENTIONED ARE GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHED BODIES WHICH ARE RECOGNIZED INTERNATIONALLY,

I AM NOT BEING BIASED OR SENTIMENTAL because THIS DISCUSS IS JUST TO MAKE THE GSE STARNDADISE THEMSELVES FIRST BEFORE PROCLAIMING A STARNDARD THAT THEY DONT HAVE WHILE ENRICHING THEIR POCKETS SELFISHLY, angry

I ASK U ONE QUESTION: HOW HAVE THEY BEEN ABLE TO PROVE THEIR CREDIBILITY

I ALSO HAVE NOT BEEN THE ONLY ONE TO AIR MY VIEWS ON THIS DISCUSS SO GO TAKE a LOOK AT SEVERAL OTHER AGONISING GRADUATES AND THEIR VIWES,

BE FAIR AND HATE THE GAME NOT THE PLAYER
angry

@BENE

HOPE U DONT BECOME A FOLLOWER ALL UR LIFE AS U DONT SEEM TO HAVE UR OWN OPINION TO THIS DISCUSS, THUS I DONT COUNT UR RESPONSE AS RECOGNIZED, grin
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Bene(f): 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2008
@nelly4
A big thank you 4 that, at least am not follow you. I still maintain my stand. grin wink smiley
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Bene(f): 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2008
@nelly4
I meant " not following U" grin
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by zaragoza(m): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2008
@Nelly4
what u are sayin in essence is dat Gse shld post on thier site list of people who hav been successful using thier Gse scores or dat those who were successful using thier Gse scores shld go on air broadcasting 2 people on how they got thier job via Gse score, unless dis is done Gse remains a scam. Trust nigerians even if all these are done they would still brand it as an "arrangement" were people were paid 2 proclaim thier good works. In all fairness u shld hate d player & not d game because players come & go while d game stays eternal. We shld hate our bad leaders who come & go(d players) & not nigeria(d game).U shld be concerned on how 2 improve d game rather than hate it.Why not support a good concept when u see one. We shld be talkin on how 2 improve Gse & not 2 discredit it totally.How do u apply 2 firms dat only accepts gse as d only basis 4 application? Or are they scam as well?Nelly4 i admire ur opinions but just try 2 look at dis whole issue 4rm a diff. Angle. Pls giv dem a chance.D are stil new
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2008
I DONT REALLY THINK A TESTIMONY SESSION WOULD BE NECESSARY RATHER ALL YOU NEED DO IS TO SAMPLE OPINIONS FROM VARIOUS FORUMS ONLINE OR OTHERWISE TO FIND OUT THAT ALL THE GSE THINGY IS ALL ABOUT IS REALLY NOT YIELDING ACTUALL RESULTS RATHER ONLY COMPLAINS FROM ALL QUATERS, angry

UR RYT ABOUT THE BAD GOVERNANCE FACTOR WHICH IS ONE ILL WE CANNOT FYT OVERNYT

THOSE COMPANIES ARE ONLY PROVEN HOW LAZY THEY CAN BE WITH A BAD HR DEPARTMENT, ELSE THEY WONT COMPEL GRADUATES TO THE GRUESOME FINANCIAL SLAVERY DRAGNET IS PORTRAYING , WHICH WOULD ONLY ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO SPRING UP WITHOUT ANY ACTUALL CREDIBLE STANDARD.

TAKE A DEEP LOOK AT SOME TESTS THAT CANDIDATES QUALIFY VIA OUT OF OTHERS THEY FAIL EASILY , THESE GIVES CANDIDATES CHOICES AND OPTIONS OF TRYING AND PREPARING BETTER FOR OTHER TESTS RATHER THAN GSE THAT WOULD TIE CANDIDATES TO THE MERCY OF ONLY ONE SCORE WHICH MYT BE UNFORTUNATELY LOW cry

NOW U SEE WHO WOULD BE AT THE MERCY OF DRAGNET AND CO, angry

I ACTUALLY LIKE UR INTELLECTUAL INPUT TO THIS DISCUSS
smiley
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by IncaGold(m): 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2008
@post
I'm not surprised at your slight change in stance. At least all what zaragoza said, i brought that to your notice but you countered by sayin companies should conduct online test instead and you sighted Guiness as a case in hand. I simply kept quiet becos you lost your thot process and ur utterances were biased.

You question their credibility barely 9mths into the scheme, and claim they arent recognized internationally? Very funny, for your information test scores arent transfereable so GSE dont need any international recognition.

The scheme needs to be fine tuned, for now I dont see or have any problem with it.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Rosuo: 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2008
If your score is low you can write the exam again in six months time. But you shouldn't let your score be low o. You are free to schedule the exam for a date convenient for you, and if you fall ill or anything come up and you feel you wont be able to put in your best, you can reschedule. I think if one prepares well he will pass. People have been passing.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2008
@INCA GOLD THIS IS NOTHING PERSONAL

AND SORRY IF I DID NOT BUDGE TO UR OPINION EARLIER MAYBE COS I DID NOT REALLY SEE IT OR ,

WELL MY VIEWS RECENTLY ARE JUST SUMTINS TO ADDRESS A DIFFERENT ASPECT AND KEEP RESPONSES OPINIONATED
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by IncaGold(m): 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2008
@nelly4,
nelly4:

@INCA GOLD THIS IS NOTHING PERSONAL

AND SORRY IF I DID NOT BUDGE TO UR OPINION EARLIER MAYBE COS I DID NOT REALLY SEE IT OR ,

WELL MY VIEWS RECENTLY ARE JUST SUMTINS TO ADDRESS A DIFFERENT ASPECT AND KEEP RESPONSES OPINIONATED

For me it aint about being right or wrong. By the way, why do u write in caps? It makes reading too cumbersome
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by janami(f): 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2008
zara
i read ur replies with a little bit of dissappointment. comparing NECO and JAMB is really out of it. Obviously we know that is really out of it. NECO is an examining body owned by government organisations who pay their staff and also pay for examination materials. It is an educational body. Where in the world have u seen totally free education? So afterall the fees paid, we get to pay to get a job? Thatis totally sad.
It is so sad that employers dont realise the mutual beneficial relationship that exists btw the worker and the boss. Without good workers, where wld the company be?

nawewe
Trip babe? 5k too small? u neva see jobless graduate that is why u are talking like that. If u see the collar of their shirt, u will run. Trip babe ko, trip babe ni. na so e easy? the only ones who can afford the pay is those from comfortable homes. Dragnet, in all fairness isnt doing much service for graduates

i applied for the gse id soon as d union bank thing came in. Guess when my id was sent to me, abt 5 hours after the union bank vacancy closed. talk about fairness.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nawewe: 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2008
@ Janami, i guess u are right about d job seekers. What i'm saying is the idea is a laudable one but lets get them to reduce the costs. I remember when i went for Nicon interview in those days. It was more like a convention ground. These are supposed to be graduates, but u keep them in the sun all day, embarrass them by treating them like kids and generally making things difficult. I know for a fact that lots of people came from outside Lagos cos i heard them discussing, so if instead of taking unneccssary risks to travel down u can just write an exam in ur state and proceed from there, isnt that a good thing, thats all i ask, I think that if all these banks are using the GSE isnt dat in itself a measure of credibility? If u have people in Banks u'll kno they are always careful about doing things that end up hurting their reputations. I think they wouldnt endorse GSE without exhuastive investigations into their roots. For me i still say its a good initiative but we need to appeal to them to consider reducing the fees.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2008
@INCA GOLD

SO SORRY 'BOUT THE CAP LOCK THINGY, MAY BE I CAN SEE WELL , lol lol grin

grin OLD AGE ABIIIIIIIIIII

@JANAMI
SORRY cry cry cry

MAYBE A BETTER JOB OFFER WILL SOON COME , UNION BANK IS TOO SMALL FOR U MY DEARY

@NAWEWE
WHY DO U ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL A COUNTER RESPONSE COMES UP TILL U DECIDE TO BE REASONABLE, WELL ITS NICE U NOW KNOW

ALL I BELIEVE IS THAT THEY (DRAGNET AND OTHERS THAT WOULD SPRING UP IN NO TIME) SHOULD RATHER BE CANVASSED TO WORK AS CONSULTANT HR PEOPLE FOR THESE COMPANIES AND BE PAID BY THEM , FINAL angry

DO U KNOW THE REASON YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IN NIGERIA AS WE ALL KNOW INFLATION AFFECTS EVRTHING EVEN THE PRICE OF MARRYING THUS WITHIN NO TYM WILL THE TEST FEE BE INFLATED (IF REDUCED) AND OTHERS WOULD FOLLOW SUITE

I REST MY CASE, PEACE angry cool
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nawewe: 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2008
Nelly4, read my earlier posts, i have always been of the opinion that the fees are high, so i dont need any one's response to reason, i just remembered that all fingers are not equal.

As to them being HR consultants, the Guardian article stated that they are an "EXAMINATION/TEST" agency not a RECRUITMENT agency, so from my understanding what they do is prepare aptitude tests for these applicants and then make the results available to the HR depts of companies, who will then select the highest score or whatever, someone correct me if am wrong oooo!!!!!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by naijapple1: 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes, the GSE is expensive

It does not guarantee employment into any organisation

It is a source of income for the organisers even at the detriment of others (the unemployed)

Its implementation process is still rusty, i agree

SO WHAT?

I finished my service last year, and from that period till now, my search for a good job has taken me from one place to the other. I stay in the north, most times i have to travel to other parts of the country - mostly Lagos - to write various aptitude tests. Do you know how risky it is to travel from one place to the other in this country?
If the organisations this company (dragnet) is recruiting for, do not recognise them, then i would say "pickets up against them". but they are recognised as can be seen on their various web sites. So they are not Scammers, that for sure is clear.

N5,000 is nothing compared to amount of money i have paid to transport myself to various venues for aptitude tests and in all humility i pass most of them, my problem seems to be interviews, which i also pay transportation to attend, only to be exploited because of the "person know man" syndrom that has wrecked this country. Now an organisation that is properly organised and i mean PROPERLY organised is out to reduce the inconvenience and the risk associated with travelling to various centres for aptitude tests and graduates are complaining unreasonably if i might add. GROW UP.

Nothing worth its salt is free. No matter how you look at it. Compare the other recruiters that you see in the middle page of "our paper" who are not even acknowledged by the companies they are said to be recruiting.

I have written my GSExaminations and i have not regretted doing so. Infact i went there doubting their competence but left feeling very confident about the results as were the others. They are an organised bunch. I do not work for them nor hope to, I have not been "settled" to say this things, i just couldn't resist reading negative things about these people who are just trying to "help" in their own way.

What is wrong in being paid for an idea? Think about it. God bless you all.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2008
sad

sad

tongue

grin

smiley
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Datope(f): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2008
@Niger pple,

How far?
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by SOJ(m): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2008
Datope:

@Niger people,

How far? Have you been able to get a job through GSE. That's what I'm interested in? Give an update please.

C'mon,,,who said its an automatic ticket to a job?
silly Q
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by zaragoza(m): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Datatope
U've made d worst contribution by askin d most silly quest.Try 2 find out what GSE is al about.
@janami
dont b disappointed 2 soon. U just ended up sayin dsame thing as what i said earlier by sayin dat Neco & Jamb pay thier staff & exam materials & dat education is not free,are u sayin dat u are d one payin GSE staffs & d materials they use & so therefore they shldnt charge a dime.
On ur view about nawewe's reply - in as much as we shld try 2 be considerate d bitter truth is dat there wld always be d rich & d poor.D graduate who cannot afford 5k 4 GSE myt also not afford pay 4 trans. to & fro maybe 4rm owerri 2 lagos 4 apt. test. U see d problem is not actually GSE but d poverty in d land.D bitter truth is dat some myt not be employed because they hav no money.Som myt stil hav it &waste it on babes or clothes.After all lookin 4 job is job on its own
@Nelly4
U started dis topic dont b 2 quick 2 rest ur case or is it because more informed persons ar countering ur views unlike d early posters on dis topic.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Godalone(m): 4:26pm On Sep 09, 2008
Has Dragnet (GSE ) score secure job for anyone here?I want people to testify.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Vuitton(m): 7:08pm On Sep 09, 2008
Wot real and true value does gse give a nigerian graduate?
From the list on their website i estimate their corporate suscribers are less than 30.
Wot about many others in telecom, manufacturin, insurance, oil and gas and about 20 other banks- Graduates wil Stil travel to commercial cities like lagos for their test/ interviews.

Good concept but they obviously jus RE-started and need to mature b4 claiming 'STANDARD'
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by naijapple1: 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ Datope
Let it be known that the GSE is not a guarantee that the said organisations will recruit you. First you need good scores to make it through. The GSE is just like any other aptitude test that qualifies you for an interview with a wide choice of establishments. The exams really are not difficult, you just have to be fast. To practice go to www.shl.com for practice questions. All the best.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by janami(f): 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2008
zara
all u r sayn in essence is gse is preying on the plight of d jobless graduates. that is all dis thread is all abt and seeing that we r grads we do know what is up to fight for what is right

Nawewe has a gud suggestion abt reducing the price of GSE, if it cn be done, gud, but a beta suggestion is getting prospective employees to pay for the search
Nelly
no mind them, na as d thing close dem begin dey send id, tlk say mk i come pay 5k shocked. na so life be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Soft Skills Employers Are Looking For In Applicants / Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy? / Senate Moves To Scrap Age Limit In Job Advertisements In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.