Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. (40384 Views)

How Do You Handle A Tough Boss Most Especially A Female Boss / How To Protect Your E-currency Accounts Most Especially Your Liberty Reserve! / I Dont What Happened To Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by LPOdeal: 10:38pm On Mar 20, 2011
shaz,

ps how do i get a thread posted on the welcome page?

cheers
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by LPOdeal: 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2011
i want to post a thread (news) on the homepage. how do i go about it?
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by efisher(m): 7:59am On May 10, 2011
Pls how do I modify a poll? For example, to add one more option smiley
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by tayoast(m): 5:28pm On May 10, 2011
efisher:

Pls how do I modify a poll? For example, to add one more option smiley

You cant.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by amykelly: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2011
i want to post a thread (news) on the homepage. how do i go about it?

Go to the how to thread, you will learn a lot grin grin grin
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by cynthoney(f): 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
how can u post a new topic on the general forum?
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by tayoast(m): 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
cynthoney:

how can u post a new topic on the general forum?

u 'mean the homepage? If yes, you cannot. only the super-mods can
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by WebSurfer(m): 10:13am On Aug 22, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by desthan(m): 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by veron007: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2011
How can I reply to a particular post not the whole thread of posts. I've see others do it but and figure out how the do it.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by dominique(f): 7:51pm On Sep 05, 2011
veron007:

How can I reply to a particular post not the whole thread of posts. I've see others do it but and figure out how the do it.

just scroll down the reply page, you'll see the previously submitted posts. if the post is not within, then you'll have to insert the post from the person's profile (you won't find it easy if the person submits tons of posts daily).
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by mogesh: 10:20am On Sep 06, 2011
please can anyone help on posting advert on nairalist?i can't see any button on the site for posting,
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2011
why is it so difficult to bring back a post that was deleted wrongly by the spambot?!
i was banned twice for no damn reason and yet my initial post hasnt been brought back, whats the deal NL?

is that too much to do?
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by dominique(f): 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2011
it all depends on nature of the post; maybe seun is not willing to reinstate it. or there was no moderator to report the post to him.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by joetq: 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2011
Greetings, I am an African-American living in Lagos and earlier this year someone threatened to blackmail me by threatening to slander me if I did not pay them money, I think they asked for N15K. I dismissed the threat and paid them nothing. Unfortunately, I just discovered that they put some rubbish about me on your website that comes up in Google search results. This is a very big problem as I am interviewing for a new position here in Lagos and very much expect my prospective employer to Google me.
I am sorry to say I cannot figure out how on this site to contact the site owner Seun to resolve this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction relative to getting a hold of him?

I can be reached directly via e-mail at af.ambrother@gmail.com. This is the best way to contact me as I do not browse this site.
Thank you in advance for your help in rectifying this matter.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2011
dominique:

it all depends on nature of the post; maybe seun is not willing to reinstate it. or there was no moderator to report the post to him.

it is not the first time, the spam bot has a mind of its own and every time it got me, my post were never brought back. shouldnt you guys check AND bring back the post that were deleted wrongly?! i mean, you are quick to unban the posters but yet, dont bring back their post, it makes no sense (especially when it's clearly written that the post is still there and will be brought back too).

check my profile, sept 05 at 9.29pm i wrote on this following thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-752067.0.html  . . . . . . ,  got banned, then quickly unbanned, post has yet to come back.
also, if you could tell me what is the word that got me banned so i can go around it next time. lol
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by dominique(f): 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2011
^^ the thing with spam-bot is that it automatically bans if you re-submit the post more than twice . next time your post goes missing, alert the moderator on the board and wait for the admin to take necessary action.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by samtery(m): 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2011
helo am hot ever more that satan
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Raxxye(m): 8:01am On Nov 18, 2011
Hi everyone. I‘m relatively new on nairaland. I don‘t know how to quote a comment b4 commenting on it. The “help“ menu says i should click on “quote“, but there‘s no such option on d page. Someone shd pls help out!
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by tayoast(m): 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2011
Raxxye:

Hi everyone. I‘m relatively new on nairaland. I don‘t know how to quote a comment b4 commenting on it. The “help“ menu says i should click on “quote“, but there‘s no such option on d page. Someone shd pls help out!

If you wanna quote any post, start by clicking on 'reply'.

just below the page, you'll see previous comments

select the particular comment(s) you wanna quote

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2011
here is something to consider:
there is a discussion about a 90yr old couple who just got married, and someone said that they cant even have sex. so i reply that:" yes they can, by using V Iagra and C ialis."
i was automatically banned, for about one hour, but my post was never reinstated.

so my question IS: although i understand why these words were on the spa bot list, i see no reason why the post shouldnt be reinstated. you guys are quick to say that we shouldnt repost because our post is still there, BUT, you make no effort to sort this issue out by bringing back all posts (or telling us what is wrong with them).

this problem has been going on for a LONG TIME, why havent you guys looked for a way to solve it?
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by tayoast(m): 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2011
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Viquez: 7:13am On Nov 30, 2011
Check this out! http://scut.ly/15j
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Ernestedetyahoocom(m): 5:47am On Dec 01, 2011
pls help me , i dnt know how to get to the main page were i can c my other nairalanders to chat or lay complain. thanks. my email is ernestedet@yahoo.com
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by XoXo86: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2011
Hi
Wen i want 2 reply a post, y cant i underline, i can only strike thru and dats not what i want
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by chatom143: 6:27am On Dec 26, 2011
Ĥ☺ω can l delete M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ previous post ?
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by lalaboi(m): 10:55am On Dec 26, 2011
chatom143:

Ĥ☺ω can l delete M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ previous post ?

You cant
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by lalaboi(m): 10:56am On Dec 26, 2011
Replace the strike "S" in the brackets with "U"
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by excespirit(m): 9:59pm On Dec 27, 2011
@ Cayon. You didnt think of this name before now. I guess you need a completely new account to do this.if it cant be changed by admin
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by samtery(m): 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
hot baby are very dry in sucking but am good in this
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Obechi: 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2012
I am a Nigerian, from Cross River State(so whoever reads this won't think I'm prejudiced or brainwashed in anyway) but I av observed countless Africans from the street sweepers, bus conductors, to the academicians, military, legislators, and those in the executive arm of govt. No matter how educated they are,(some of dem had all their education abroad). They stil tend to (in varying degrees) exhibit the flly trait: religiously fanatical or d other extreme Atheism-which is a rebellious denial of God(which in my honest opinion is also a religion), corrupt, ethnic jingoist, uncouth.
I am not generalizing cos not all are like this, but the exception is miserably few. So my question is this; this gully erosion of human character which manifests as greed, ethnic jingoism, religious fanaticism, hatred(distilled and concentrated), deceit,,, is it a universal human problem? If yes? Y is our own overbloated in proportion? Pls no insults,
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by feasy1(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
[img]http://C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Osogbo\Oshogbo-20111229-00012.jpg[/img]

testing,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paralyzed Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary Of Car Accident That Paralysed Her / Long Cobra Killed By Corpers At Their Lodge (Photos) / Wheelbarrow Carry Tricycle In Shitta, Lagos State. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.