Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread (63131 Views)

Poll: Who's gonna win the BBA competition?

Hazel: 3% (7 votes)
Latoya: 1% (3 votes)
Lucile: 1% (3 votes)
Mimi: 2% (6 votes)
Morris: 4% (11 votes)
Muyana: 6% (14 votes)
Ricco: 16% (37 votes)
Sheila: 3% (8 votes)
Takondwa: 2% (5 votes)
Tawana: 1% (4 votes)
Thami: 1% (4 votes)
Uti: 54% (120 votes)
This poll has ended

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa Stargame; Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by uche1(m): 10:43am On Aug 25, 2008
@ Adechucks How are u my brother. Tampico will join us soon.

have fun
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lonelypal(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2008
Yeah! Nlanders BBA is back, grin
but i think multichoice is gonna dare NBC regulations this time around,
yesterday the show was rated 18 NL  

aint got no problm with that though cool, afterall it has been rated i dnt expect any unnecessary media hype on this grin grin

Uti Nwachukwu was a member of the housemates of the last edition of NEXT MOVIE STAR (NMS)

Ow d guy do am sef ? he is here on BBA again sho!

abeg no b bad bele o just wondering
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lonelypal(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2008
I mean 18 NL grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by uche1(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2008
lonelypal:

Yeah! Nlanders BBA is back, grin
but i think multichoice is going to dare NBC regulations this time around,
yesterday the show was rated 18 Nairaland

aint got no problm with that though cool, afterall it has been rated i dnt expect any unnecessary media hype on this grin grin

Uti Nwachukwu was a member of the housemates of the last edition of NEXT MOVIE STAR (NMS)

Ow d guy do am sef ? he is here on BBA again sho!

abeg no b bad bele o just wondering

The guyz juju dey work for him lol
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lonelypal(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2008
uche1:

The guys juju dey work for him lol

yes oooo
he must have visited Okija shrine before coming to d BBA house, grin grin
i actualy thot he would win d last edition of NMS,
am sure he 's got a lot to offer dis time around cheesy
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by adechuks(m): 11:10am On Aug 25, 2008
uche1:

@ Adechucks How are u my brother. Tampico will join us soon.

have fun

That will be lovely.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by twinstaiye(m): 11:25am On Aug 25, 2008
Whoever has problem activating his/her BBA3, email your smartcard number to DStv@nigeria.multichoice.co.za. I sent mine this morning, and it has just been activated.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2008
@adechuks

i'm not too keen on BBA anymore so you may not hear much from me

but LC is always game for BBA so he'll holla soon enuf

but this money wey im dey make fit no let im see TV o!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lonelypal(m): 11:47am On Aug 25, 2008
twinstaiye:

Whoever has problem activating his/her BBA3, email your smartcard number to DStv@nigeria.multichoice.co.za. I sent mine this morning, and it has just been activated.

i was able to view the opening show yesterday, do i still need to activate my smartcard number?
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by twinstaiye(m): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2008
If your channel 198 is not working, and you are either on 4,300 or 9,000 bouquet, you need to email them your smartcard number to be able to watch BBA3
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by aeeabdul: 11:52am On Aug 25, 2008
well the guy is too hot i hope he doesnot gosip like bayo and hope he distance him self from all d gals in da house so he can be outstanding.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by tinamic(f): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2008
that Uti guy is really handsome, I hope the chics in da house will be able to resist him, anyway,I think this is going to be D best show of BBA cos there are hot chics in da house too, lets keep our hands crossed. Wish Uti best of luck, I swear, I had to scream when he was introduced into the house.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lonelypal(m): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2008
twinstaiye:

If your channel 198 is not working, and you are either on 4,300 or 9,000 bouquet, you need to email them your smartcard number to be able to watch BBA3

aight thanx bro
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by ezer(m): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2008
why did NYSC camp clash with BBA3 na. oooooh, i'll miss three weeks.

@those havin problems with channel 198
you were supposed to send a text message to DSTV before the start date. anyways, email ur smart card number to DSTV to  open the channel

twinstaiye:

yea
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by eminemkayc: 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2008
THIS REALITY SHOW OF OBSCENITY IS BACK AGAIN TO POLLUTE MY MIND AS WELL AS BLUR MY T.V SCREENS!! angry angry angry I REMEMBER WATCHING THIS SHOW SOMETIME LAST YEAR WITH THE INTENTION OF UNWINDING AND RELAXING UNTIL SOME OF THE IMPRUDENT AND UNCIVILIZED SO-CALLED INMATES STARTED ENGAGING IN INDECENT ACTIVITIES DISCARDING THE FACT THAT THERE ARE OVER A MILLION VIEWERS WATCHING THE IGNOBLE OASIS OF ABSURDITY angry angry angry angry !!!! I WAS EXTREMELY PISSED AND WANTED TO PERSONALLY SUE THE ORGANIZERS NOT UNTIL I CHECKED MY BANK ACCOUNTS AND REALIZED THAT IT'S FROLICSOME TO DO SO AT THAT POINT IN TIME!! AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED, THIS SHOW IS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY AND WOULD ONLY GO A LONG WAY TO EXACERBATE THE MORAL DECADENCE IN THE SOCIETY!!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2008
@eminemkayc

The program is irrelevant,
[size=2pt](simple)[/size]

Isn't that what you wanna say with those big grammar?
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by eminemkayc: 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2008
@eminemkayc

The program is irrelevant, (simple)

Isn't that what you want to say with those big grammar?
yeah dude!! grin grin grin NO BIG GRAMMAR INTENDED THOUGH!! ITS COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Oyin2(f): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ all
hi every1. i am so excited about this season's bigbrother. i hope its goin to be fun as always.

Big brother restriction this season is so tough. i have sent my smartcard nb since via text message as they asked us to do but i still can't view it. i even did it before the 21st of august as they instructed.

i have just emailed the number again to their site provided from someone on this thread. i hope it wold be activated as soon as possible.

thanks guys.

have fun.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by AMIGO112(m): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2008
eminemkayc:

THIS REALITY SHOW OF OBSCENITY IS BACK AGAIN TO POLLUTE MY MIND AS WELL AS BLUR MY T.V SCREENS!! angry angry angry I REMEMBER WATCHING THIS SHOW SOMETIME LAST YEAR WITH THE INTENTION OF UNWINDING AND RELAXING UNTIL SOME OF THE IMPRUDENT AND UNCIVILIZED SO-CALLED INMATES STARTED ENGAGING IN INDECENT ACTIVITIES DISCARDING THE FACT THAT THERE ARE OVER A MILLION VIEWERS WATCHING THE IGNOBLE OASIS OF ABSURDITY angry angry angry angry !!!! I WAS EXTREMELY PISSED AND WANTED TO PERSONALLY SUE THE ORGANIZERS NOT UNTIL I CHECKED MY BANK ACCOUNTS AND REALIZED THAT IT'S FROLICSOME TO DO SO AT THAT POINT IN TIME!! AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED, THIS SHOW IS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY AND WOULD ONLY GO A LONG WAY TO EXACERBATE THE MORAL DECADENCE IN THE SOCIETY!!

OGA, DSTV NO DEY FORCE YOU TO WATCH BBA THIS TIME AROUND, SO YOU NO EVEN GET TO YARN NOTHING. I LIKE THE SHOW AND I AM SURE MANY OTHERS DO TOO. SO PLEASE EXCUSE US.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Tampico(f): 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2008
@All
Hi'yall.Missed u guys a lot. Sorry for signing in late. I actually rushed in this morning to post an update, but had to submit work stuff.
Anyway, how have u guys been?Happy New Year!
It was nice knowing a lot of you online through BBA2,nice meeting some of you at the BBA2 reunion, and even nicer that i have made long term special physical friends since then who keep in contact.
Now if only me n Makin had hit it off on our blind date, my cake would have really been iced wink
I know this is going to be another interesting ride.

@twinstaiye
Thank u so much for this information.I also am a victim of the unreceived email from DSTV.So ive not been watching so far, but i did watch the opening on channel 102.thanks once again.

@LC
I hope u weren't too busy to watch the opening to give us ure xpert analysis, expecting.

@Topic
It took time to figure it out, so by the time i started watching, the show had gone far. I believe still i started at a good point.The point where the former housemates were talking about how far they have done with themselves. It was very nice, n it seems they are all doing quite good, thanks to the platform BBA2 provided them.
The highlite for me was when Kini Big Deal performed.(Sorry have never watched his video, but i know the song, because my collegues hum it a lot much to my annoyance because i just didn't get it)but thanks to the performance i think i get it now. Yet still i was xpecting 9ice,yet again i blive BB is saving the best for last.

This is my personal analysis on the housemates in the order in which they came in:

1.Tawana- This is a 31 year old female microbiologist graduate/goatfarmer( tongue ) from Botswana. She's the first housemate to be introduced. At first i was what the ^&*%$?But when they did her introduction i was like o.k.There's hope yet.As per this is Botswana we are talking about, so they try. But just when i was liking the girl , she goes n says something stupid along the lines like "I don't like females" to KB. what is she?
Anyway she got a low vibe from the crowd and possibly from the viewing audience after that statement, although she tried to rectify it by saying she would keep an open mind in the house.She welcomed everybody to 'HER HOUSE' lipsrsealed

2.Mimi- She was the 2nd to be introduced.The big bellied black beauty is a 27yr old PA  from ghana.So get this , while she's strutting over to meet KB, they start her intro, n i'm like hmmmm.
She's a salsa dancing chic who likes to get her groove on.When K.B now asked her what she intends to do in the house differently that will make her win the dough, she answered so off point in a monotonous crammed script like fake accent that i felt sorry for the Ghanains whom i adore and know for their good accent. KB was like  lipsrsealed .Anyway ladies n gentlemen may i present to you the female incarnation of Kweku T. Hope she does better soon.

3.Sheila-Now aside from rooting for our homeboy, this housemate is my personal on sight favorite. She's the long fine legged 23yr old student female creature from Kenya.Her intro blew me, especially what she said at the end,"This is not a game, it is not a battle, It is a WAR", and i'm like  cool. Her flow with KB was just  cool. When she got into the house she's took off her heels after a moment and was truly herself.Well ive not been watching so far, but u guys say she's a talker,well i hope soon detalks, because i want her to stay longer in the house.

4.Hazel-The Shina Peters Shepe Shepe figure 8 of the show. I wouldn't say that she's a knock out beauty, but she does have a knock out figure, and she is attractive.She's a 25 yr old PA from Malawi. Her intro went on n on about her fine body, so i say let's see how she plans to use it.Her response to the other HM to me was a kind of like coverish snobbish but i gess that's just me. I still kind of like her sha.

5. Lucille- Shy beauty from Namibia. It clearly shows. I wonder how she is going to deliver on her promise to bring tears n laughter the house with her shyness??Anyone have an answer?Due to her shy nature, I ofcourse don't know what else to say about her.

6.Latoya Jacksonsorry really don't know her surname. This is the 21 yr old acclaimed beauty of the female housemates from tanzania.Personally to me, her beauty is just there. But she's truly a breed from the Richard clan. She's attractive, outgoing, and definitely a spontaneous freak. I believe she'll make the house interesting. She's very daring and ready to strip at the drop of the house.Clearly a girl who will do anything to win.

7.Ricco- The first male HM to b introduced. Wen they showed his intro, and all his talk about liking girls and loving football, i'm like, 'dang, the Don Juan of the show'please don't break my heart. He is a 21yr old globetrotter from Angola. The irony of d matta is when our Don Juan enetered the house, he was more like a 'Don yeah rite' undecidedHe was so overwhelmed by the beauties that after the xchange of pleasantries he resorted to wandering aimlessly n petty doings than sit down and charm the ladies, hm.His game picked up sha when the next male HM entered.What is it about men?It takes competition to get their groove kicking undecided

8.Morris-The 29 yr old photographer from Uganda. This is truly a relief from the Maureen we had to be burdened with. The dude too is fine. The embarrassing point for him was his interview with KB. After his intro, it's like the dude didn't know the intro had finished, so we have the camera zooming in on him with this guy pose.After some long seconds , the guy is still doing the pose that KB is like ,'e don do"  grin The guy is lively and promises sha to be fun, i hope the shekini doesn't really get into his head.

9.Uti- What can I say? There's nothing like football and BB to bring Nigerians together for a common cause. After Ofumama no hard feelings, she's still our girl that did us proud BB pitied us and gave us a double dose of FINE. Home boy is so fine that i screamed when he came out, n they started his intro.His intro depicted thank God , a fine side of Naija. The boat,pool, n stuff.I was simply proud. Aside from the fact that ive not really heard him speak, i believe he''ll do well.If he can possess the degree of smartness that Ofu had with his FINENESS he should do well.Being a once reality show contender, he has an advantage which i pray he uses.Uti is a 25 old from Agbor, Delta State. He is outgoing and spontaneous. What i don't get about him, is that he is not listed as something, as per occupation or otherwise.Is our homeboy just a numerical statisic? shocked

10. Thami- I don't know or is it just me?I was xpecting so much more from the literal homeboy from SouthAfrica. So i pray what the 25yr old economist student lacks in looks he will make up in style,because his whiny geeky laff was just not working for me at all. Cheers Man!

11.Takondwa- What's with all the T's. A lot of the HM's name start with T.Looks like BB has a thing with T. Well T is good, seeing as Tampico starts with T grin. Anyway this 25yrold hip hop rapper is from Zambia.The Biggie of BB. He's kind of cool.I was actually expecting him to open fire when he got into the house going by his intro which was so Biggie Tupaccy ghetto Boys in da hood kind of thing. So far the vibe i'm getting so far is that of a brooding   lipsrsealed

12.Last and not the least we have the over confident 22 yr old from Zimbabwe. He really believes he is going to win. What's with the snake sign?. Where was he when they were shooting stomp the yard? Munya is clearly from a well to do home going by his crib in the intro. He is said to be full of charm, n with it wants to claim a girl in the house undecidedIf he is so charming why is he girless in the first place undecided

So there u have it. The gospel of the BB HMs according to Tampico.

Generally speaking, i think BB went overboard in the house decor. I believe i know na thing or 2 about it, but this is by far the  . what's with the jungle palour, furry rooms, clocky bathroom,and the overwhelming  Tissue toilet? The decorperson truly has a sense of humour.Gess to me the only thing that makes sense is the diary room which is simple,tasteful, n mature.Next to that is the jacuzzi. The overall decor has not central theme.Everything was just thrown together.Anyway what's done is done. BB3 i expect will be explosive with all the fine fine girls n fine fine boys. I really wonder what will top off the Richania drama though. The girls have already put on a bet as to who will have sex first, aside from that, i don't forsee any volcanoes erupting soon.N i hope u guys r joking about our homeboy being married with a child on the way angry.
You guys take care. See ya tomorrow, Just hopes my DSTV comes on before then, if not ile have nothing to talk about grin.

my best part Tforever cool
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by justene: 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2008
Forget beauty, and look at personality. I doubt if 9Jae can give us another Ofuneka. cool
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by adechuks(m): 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2008
T A A A M M P I I I I C C O O O O

Una don come again with plenty analyses.
Really interesting.
Pls keep them coming,
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by eminemkayc: 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2008
OGA, DSTV NO DEY FORCE YOU TO WATCH BBA THIS TIME AROUND, SO YOU NO EVEN GET TO YARN NOTHING. I LIKE THE SHOW AND I AM SURE MANY OTHERS DO TOO. SO PLEASE EXCUSE US.
ITS REGRETTABLE THAT U LACK BASIC IGNORANCE OF UR CONSTITUTIONAL TENETS THAT PERMITS FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!! WHICH AM TRYING TO EXPRESS HERE!! grin grin grin SO HUMBLY PERMIT ME BEFORE I GET LETHAL WITH MY WORDS!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by uchmangrt(m): 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2008
abeg how much
is DSTV. I cant afford not to watch this BB3
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by uche1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 25, 2008
Tampico nice one, you are welcome,
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by opokonwa(m): 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2008
eminemkayc:

ITS REGRETTABLE THAT You LACK BASIC IGNORANCE OF UR CONSTITUTIONAL TENETS THAT PERMITS FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!! WHICH AM TRYING TO EXPRESS HERE!! grin grin grin SO HUMBLY PERMIT ME BEFORE I GET LETHAL WITH MY WORDS!! angry angry angry angry

You're already lethal with your 'Big' vocabs and capital letters. embarassed
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by eminemkayc: 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2008
You're already lethal with your 'Big' vocabs and capital letters. Embarrassed
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
MAYB THAT EXPLAINS WHY THE MODERATOR BANNED ME FROM REPLYING SOME TWO WEEKS AGO!!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by uchetobi(f): 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2008
Tampico nice to see you, salsera, adechuks, Uche1 hope we have fun. Someone should go drag lawyerchap ASAP
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by slyk2(m): 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2008
i love that creation BB AFRICA.
the biz aspect is quite interesting.

however, it sends wrong signals and must not be encouraged.
do not allow this young folk watch it just like that coz they can easily learn OFUNNEKA's style.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by uche1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2008
@sly-k Which one is Ofunaka style?
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lonelypal(m): 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ Tampicco
Good work there,
i guess we are in d same shoes smiley

i just hope distv will activate ma channel for me cos have sent the smartcard number since morning and uptill now the chnnel has not been activated angry
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by cabali(m): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2008
The show has better housemates this year I am sure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Meet The Richest Bbnaija 2021 Housemates Currently / Kemen Sexually Harassed Tboss - Payporte Releases Statement / Windeck Fan Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.