Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Son And Father Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Son And Father Relationship (1193 Views)

DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? / Honour Thy Mother And Father: What Does This Mean To You? / I Am So Pissed Off At My Wife And Father In Law. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Son And Father Relationship by abes(m): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2008
Guys, i really want to why most guys, including me, do not relate well enuff with their father.

it's this a normal thing,

please say something
Re: Son And Father Relationship by idupaul: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2008
abes:

Guys, i really want to why most guys, including me, do not relate well enough with their father.

it's this a normal thing,

please say something

Its not normal, its because most african dad miss their priorities and believe fatherhood is to be keeping strong face and scaring people around the house, its sad because the end up scaring them children away who just see them as ATM machines and not fathers.
Re: Son And Father Relationship by TOYOSI20(f): 2:11am On Aug 24, 2008
errm. . . . .don't think its normal, was there a kind of rift with yourself and Ur Father while u were growing up. . . . .
Re: Son And Father Relationship by benincitys(f): 3:33am On Aug 24, 2008
idupaul:

Its not normal, its because most african dad miss their priorities and believe fatherhood is to be keeping strong face and scaring people around the house, its sad because the end up scaring them children away who just see them as ATM machines and not fathers.
i agree with you .
Re: Son And Father Relationship by ztyle(m): 3:38am On Aug 24, 2008
omoge your profile pix too large
Re: Son And Father Relationship by benincitys(f): 5:19am On Aug 24, 2008
ztyle:

omoge your profile pix too large
are you talking to me if yes what are you doing in my profile?
Re: Son And Father Relationship by iice(f): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2008
Yeah, some parents and their kids don't always connect.
You just have to work on it to the best of your ability and the situation.
Re: Son And Father Relationship by lucabrasi(m): 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2008
idupaul:

you r totally right there,didnt get on with my dad for many years partly because of these reasons which led to me going haywire for a while,we get on much better now and are closer now,but i just look back on the many years wasted, i think its a generational thing tho,most of these dads are from the old generation where going to choir practice,being first in class,read and write latin e.t.c is the proper way for a child to be, my dad is continually trying to adjust himself to the modern way of doing things
Re: Son And Father Relationship by abes(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2010
hmmm.
Re: Son And Father Relationship by tEsLim(m): 10:13am On Mar 24, 2010
Me and dad got super relationship. He's my first G,   my real G. We drink together he smokes I don't like cigarette,  but beer wink  We talk everything,  Things that if my mom knew I knew she would poison us both cheesy ,  Who cares a man's gotta be a man. If he plans having a mistress she comes through me first lol. And by the way my dad is stingy only buy drinks for me and pay tuition no extra money. So we had our first big fight over money. He begged me back first cheesy  We could argue all day about different thing. I even worked for him for maybe 4years. I miss him so much he left me last year fuc.k.ing guy died on me right on my birthday March 14th. I kept his wine separately. I can't even look at his pictures anymore I kept them away. Its so traumatic for me ,  I still dreamed of him today. Everyone should have a man like that. Damn how he used to teach me tennis, mathematics, physics, logical reasoning. Yeah plus I'm still with a woman he told me was wrong ,  he was right ,  he knew me sad  R.I.P

I'm cool with mom too. But she's old school. And strict on lame things and superstitious. Me and my dad dont believe in superstitions ,  though we understand spiritual exists. So I only discuss things that interests her or thats on her level. Me and dad dont dig her on levels like that Lol he said he had to put up with that woman because she had me cheesy well plus my other brothers. She's a good woman but just old school jare. Too conservative. And my mum uses me as simulation test before going to my dad. She tells me what she wanna say she knows my response will always be same thing that will come outta my dad's mouf.
Re: Son And Father Relationship by webbjamie(m): 10:48pm On Mar 26, 2010
I feel u teslim,all fadas should b like dat.open 2  d kids n carin.my dad refused to even tel me where kids come from,i still wonder how he expected me 2 get my sexual edu.
Re: Son And Father Relationship by Outstrip(f): 12:08am On Mar 28, 2010
webb jamie:

I feel u teslim,all fadas should b like dat.open 2  d kids n carin.my dad refused to even tel me where kids come from,i still wonder how he expected me 2 get my sexual edu.

All fathers should be like what
Re: Son And Father Relationship by tpiah: 3:19am On Mar 28, 2010
@ teslim, sorry about your dad's death but I dont agree with webb jamie.

@ topic, true true. 

i still wonder how he expected me 2 get my sexual edu.

from school (subject:biology, topic:reproduction) and books?

You really expected your dad to sit down and calmly discuss sexuality with you?

maybe I'm old school or something but i dont get it.

I dont expect a dad to say much beyond a girl will get pregnant if you touch her. If that happens, you don become daddy be that. End of discussion.
Re: Son And Father Relationship by Remii(m): 3:35am On Mar 28, 2010
It all depends and sometimes runs in the family but fathers should take time to talk to their boy children, that way you can appraise him and tell him some things peculiar to men, most especially developing leadership qualities and taking responsibilities. You would marvel at some answer kids give this days to some questions, and one should let kids pick ideas from home videos and internet.
I have had a friend whose father died and she wished her mother had died instead, the mother was equally caring but the father treated his children as if he had none in his past life, lol.
Re: Son And Father Relationship by lannre(m): 3:53pm On Mar 28, 2010
Its not normal.

under listed are some expectations from son and father realtionship

• Be there for him.

Share in his success and in his failure. Share yourself with him, including your failures--he needs to know that you’ve failed and turned out OK.

• Know that your son is studying you very closely, and act accordingly.

He won’t miss much, and he’ll most likely end up quite a bit like you. So be a person that you want him to end up like!

• Approve of him

Approve of him during the good times and the bad. If you let him know after some of his worse moments that you still think he’s great, you’ll get fewer of his worst moments.

• Develop common interests and spend time on them

(1) (Reply)

hey! / Soccer Star Wants To Adopt Chinese Baby Trapped In Sewage Pipe / Certain Rules For Staying With People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.