Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions (2266 Views)

Depressed Over Lost Feelings, And We Are About To Get Married. / Decode Peoples Feelings And Emotions Through Body Movement / Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by Viktor(m): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2005
Love, affection and Emotions

People associate love with emotions or feelings but that’s not the way it should be. The reason is that feelings are like yoyos, always going up and down with the slightest touch and so people who associate love with feelings are never stable in relationships.

Love is an activity not a passive affect, it’s standing in for, not falling for and love is primarily about giving not receiving. Love is simple but the hardest thing to achieve because it requires the greatest discipline to be simple. In love it is important that you know if your pathner is pleased with him/herself and not you being pleased with him/her. ‘The beginning of love is the most delightful' and that's why people keep falling in love over and over [again].
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by hotangel2(f): 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2005
Okay. Good Points. smiley
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by vexxy(f): 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2005
I completely agree with you Viktor.

Feelings change like the weather but love should always remain steadfast.

To love someone takes everything from you, going far beyond "present feelings."

It's a covenant, a vow and not something one could easily throw away.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by whiteshark(m): 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2005
True brother man but you have failed to stress here that love is pain and pain is hate and hate could lead to destruction therefore love is a dangerous thing to be handled with the utmost of care and to be studied with the highest levels of alertness. I have had my expireinces in these areas and I can tell you fellas, e nor easy @ all ooo. cool I still dey hail.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by vexxy(f): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2005
Well, actually there IS a thin line between love and hate. Love is pain but so is hate. They can both equally destroy you. But knowing there is pain should not stop you from wanting love. Child birth is pain but it would not stop the one who truly wants the child.

Some things are just worth fighting for.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by Princess(f): 3:09pm On Sep 05, 2005
that's true whiteshark. I % agree with ya.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by digitalove(m): 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2005
Same here.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by Viktor(m): 11:50pm On Sep 06, 2005
In my life i have learnt that some things arent meant to be so i dont ever see love as pain i see it as a way to move foward and get the best in life.If you see it that way then there would be no pain when you are in love..........
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by vexxy(f): 12:59am On Sep 07, 2005
What I have learned in life is to enjoy love. Don't hold back. Treat everyone as a new individual and not based on past experiences. Learn from them but don't punish someone new because of what the last person did. That is all.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by Princess(f): 1:57am On Sep 07, 2005
hmmm. Vexxy that's deep.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by uche777(f): 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2005
hmmmm

Vexxy i really respect ya opinion.100% backup.

u av said it all.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by uche777(f): 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2005
Hmmmm

Vexxy

I really respect ya opinion.U av said it all.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by Princess(f): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2005
Wow!
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by eveseh(f): 1:36pm On May 06, 2006
it is kiss
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by Rhodalyn(f): 7:47pm On Jun 07, 2006
U got some very good points Vexxy kiss kiss
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by Cadet(f): 8:27pm On May 11, 2008
You guys dnt make love spontaneous anymore.
Now it's just boring
jeez! undecided
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by NubianQ(f): 3:22am On May 12, 2008
Stop talking about LOVE !!! guys for my sake quit tlkn about it. my head hurs when i see anything with love on it

Love is overrated!

Doesnt Exist

The bible tlk about it but people dont practice it/

no more love topics ok? no offence oh.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by SweetT1: 9:50am On May 12, 2008
I wonder what people like Cadet knows about love?? It's far more than buying a box of chocolate or saying i love you.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by TheSly: 9:57am On May 12, 2008
Sweet T:

I wonder what people like Cadet knows about love?? It's far more than buying a box of chocolate or saying i love you.
grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by frank316(m): 10:07am On May 12, 2008
@poster,
i believe that love is active. but i dont understand what you mean by love being more than emotion and feeling. Naturally, we humans act based on how we feel. that is our actions are directed by our feelings. therefore to me love is all about feelings which determines our actions.
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by frank316(m): 10:10am On May 12, 2008
@vexxy
if you accept that love is all about feelings and you know that feelings change, then why do you decieve your self by beleiving that love(which is feeling) should remain stead fast, it makes no sense to me
Re: Love is More Than Feelings and Emotions by clemcykul(f): 10:33am On May 12, 2008
@topic yes indeed

(1) (Reply)

My Secret Desire: / What Is The Acceptable Benchmark Age For A Girl/guy To Get Married In Nigeria? / What Are The True Qualities Of A Genuinely Chaste Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.