Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? (1678 Views)

Husband Beats Pregnant wife for flogging his Dog...! / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ssRhino: 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2008
A man stacks some money away without his wife's knowledge.
The man has no intention of doing anything bad with the money.
The man still beleive the money belongs to the entire household but he said, when there is no money where they both bank, he wanna be able to go into his secret stack and bring money out.
Is this right?
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by Godalone(m): 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2008
Every man should have something to fall on during the dry period.My wife knows what i am earning and she knows that i have undisclosed reserve.The money is for the family and not for any wrong thing.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ssRhino: 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2008
Godalone:

Every man should have something to fall on during the dry period.My wife knows what i am earning and she knows that i have undisclosed reserve.The money is for the family and not for any wrong thing.

That is a good one, infact, i will do same too.
Ladies will only spend what they can see without being stopped, but always good to have something put away for the family, there is always emergency.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by sistawoman: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2008
I agree that this is a good idea. Every family should have 6-8 months of living expenses tucked away. If he is not doing it I sure am.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2008
sistawoman have you solved your issues yet? you dey hia again? grin
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by sistawoman: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2008
davidylan:

sistawoman have you solved your issues yet? you dey hia again? grin

That thing will work itself out, one way or the other. We had a friend mediate between us and we will see.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by Seun(m): 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2008
Why must it be hidden away from your wife? Don't marry a woman you can't trust with money.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ssRhino: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2008
Seun:

Why must it be hidden away from your wife? Don't marry a woman you can't trust with money.

The money is not really hidden away in that sense, but u will let the wife know that, even if the hell is fallen nothing will touch the money.
The money will be for just emergency.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ifyalways(f): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2008
Its his money,he has the right to keep it anyhow,so do i too with my money.
Its not a bad idea at all,as long as our collective expenses are dealt with as and when due,no stress
Somehow,someday,the money go still enter my hands,if him like make i bury am for ground grin
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ssRhino: 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2008
ifyalways:

Its his money,he has the right to keep it anyhow,so do i too with my money.
Its not a bad idea at all,as long as our collective expenses are dealt with as and when due,no stress
Somehow,someday,the money go still enter my hands,if him like make i bury am for ground grin

Cofourse, the money will surely enter your hands now, cos it is all for emergency for the household.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by rubi(f): 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2008
Seun:

Nice input
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ssRhino: 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2008
Ok, lemme give u a scenerio.
A Pal travelled to ghana with his wife and the kids, the went with reasonable amount of money for the holiday from the USA.
2 weeks later, the money was all done, and the woman told the husband, the husband make some fone calls and from the secret stash of money, money was sent to him, and they all spend and enjoy as a family.
The wife look at the husband and say--- u are the man, i am glad i marry you.
If they had to still spend the remaining 2 weeks in ghana with no money, how do u think the wife will feel?
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by rubi(f): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2008
$$Rhino:

A man stacks some money away without his wife's knowledge.
The man has no intention of doing anything bad with the money.
The man still beleive the money belongs to the entire household but he said, when there is no money where they both bank, he want to be able to go into his secret stack and bring money out.
Is this right?

I think it is in their nature to do.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ssRhino: 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2008
rubi:

I think it is in their nature to do.

It is natural for the man to always thinking so far into the future for the wife and the kids and the whole household.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by rubi(f): 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2008
I think it depends on how they have been leaving before and share family responsibilities if a man takes care of the major bills and suddenly runs short of money the wife will help but where the man squanders the money without the wife knowing it and claims to be hiding it in case of rainy day help the women will say you are the man do something.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ssRhino: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2008
rubi:

I think it depends on how they have been leaving before and share family responsibilities if a man takes care of the major bills and suddenly runs short of money the wife will help but where the man squanders the money without the wife knowing it and claims to be hiding it in case of rainy day help the women will say you are the man do something.

A man that does the later of what u said, is not a man, but a boy that wanna be a man.
Cos a real man will always have the interest of his family (wife and kids) at heart and will always thinking of how his actions will affect them.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by Godalone(m): 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2008
This is what separate men from boys,an ideal man will have a reserve for the family.An ideal man needs to be planning for the future and not only concentrate on the immediate satisfaction.Dry period can come at the time you did not expect such money is meant for that and there is another specific reserve that even if the whole world come to an end the family will not touch it.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by MrCrackles(m): 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2008
Seun:

you can trust a woman with money but it doesnt mean u shouldnt have a secret stash set aside somewhere!
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by franmary: 8:35am On Aug 29, 2008
I think the best way to view the keeping money for the family for rainy day is more important for housing and child education, but not to tell your wife depends on the kind of wife, some do not like to save while some may co-operate.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by tpia: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2008
If you must have a secret stash, then at least let your wife know about the money, even if she's not allowed to touch it.

The problem is, far too many men can use the "secret stash" on prostitutes and the like. eg the US governor who spent $3000 on a hooker.

Man/Husband + secret= up to no good (most times). undecided
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by pspeak: 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2008
The hidden bottom line is, there is no true TRUST. Plus, a little selfishness. Why keep it a secret if you really trust your spouse to be as thrifty as you are.

In my own opinion, no more money that both of you earn should be considered yours individually, but the family's, whether you have a joint account or not.

Women would "harass" you less and even help you manage the more if they know what the financial situation is as at yesterday.

Plus, what will happen to this money your family does not know about if something happens to you?

Think about it.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ssRhino: 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2008
Let us twist the story a lil'
You have like 5000$$ stashed away and your wife is aware of it, but knows that no one can touch it, cos it is for emergency.
One day her brother or sister came to your house and start talkng about how he/she wanna starts a buz, and that he doesnt wanna work for lil money, The wife called you inside the room and asked you how you guys could help the bro/sis
You respond to him, honey, but u know we have no money.
Please tell me what you think her response would be
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by skibochi(m): 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2008
brother if sister of brother should come asking for my stash of the family loot for some business, they will be facing a brick wall, asides,
there are micro-finance banks that can assist in that. Rainy day money is rainy day money!! wink
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ssRhino: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
skibochi:

brother if sister of brother should come asking for my stash of the family loot for some business, they will be facing a brick wall, asides,
there are micro-finance banks that can assist in that. Rainy day money is rainy day money!! wink

But u think the house will be peacefull on that day?
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by Gsawlah(f): 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2008
i seriously suport keeping money for rainy days. even if the husband doesnt think of it, then d wife should raise the idea. marriage is not like boyfriend/girlfriend thing we deceive ourselves with. if a man is incapable of caring for his family, directly or indirectly he has failed.

the woman might not tell you how she feels if eventually she knows you keep for rainy dayz but i bet she'll definately apreciate you more.

i do that too,

i gba o lo bi orere.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by billyall(m): 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2008
Is a good thing. You see, woman don't know that there is any you should not spend. If she knows that you have #100 until you finish the money she will not stop asking. As a man you should plan for the future, to keep away some amount of money your wife is not bad at all.
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by ssRhino: 7:04pm On Sep 02, 2008
Gsawlah:

i seriously suport keeping money for rainy days. even if the husband doesnt think of it, then d wife should raise the idea. marriage is not like boyfriend/girlfriend thing we deceive ourselves with. if a man is incapable of caring for his family, directly or indirectly he has failed.

the woman might not tell you how she feels if eventually she knows you keep for rainy dayz but i bet she'll definately apreciate you more.

i do that too,

i gba o lo bi orere.

You are very right
Re: A Man Keep Some Money Away From His Wife For Raining Day - Is It Right? by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2009
this is interesting.
I think there is nothing wrong for the man to stack some away, however, not to spend on other women oh

(1) (Reply)

Woman, 85, Lay Dead In Her Flat For FIVE YEARS Before Anyone Noticed. / Agony Of Monogamy / Please Advice Me...what Should I Do In This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.