Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Preaching In The Bus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching In The Bus (14432 Views)

Poll: Preaching in the bus: How do you find it?

enjoyable: 34% (29 votes)
annoying: 65% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) / El-rufai Moves To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Go Down)

Preaching In The Bus by Caliente(m): 10:24am On Aug 28, 2008
[size=13pt]I was in a bus one very cool morning when somebody decided to preach. That's OK, at least so I taught initially. I changed my mind when the ordeal was over. This guy's voice is a shrill cry and to make matters worse, he was YELLING! He yelled till he got to his bus stop. Just to make sure we had a full dose of the preaching, fate landed us in a little traffic that seemed to last for ages. When he started people responded but by the time he ended, response disappeared. I'm a Christian, I know he's doing God's work but I must confess it was done in an annoying manner. Just make it brief, straight to the point and don't deafen your audience. Do you sometimes feel disturbed by such things?[/size]
Re: Preaching In The Bus by KunleOshob(m): 10:58am On Aug 28, 2008
That is small, there is this lunatic pardon my expression that goes around my area at 6am in the morning (while i am trying to enjoy the final lap of sleep) using a public address system to preach the gospel. Imagine someone making noise with a loudspeaker outside your window while you are having a much deserved rest. For God's sake how does he intend to win converts when he goes around annoying the very people he is trying to convert on a regular basis.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by ssRhino: 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2008
I feel u guys, however, i am sure he doesn't mean to be "annoying" like u put it, but trying to make sure he get more audience, cos that is when pple will be home, and wanna help u start ur day with God.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by MrCrackles(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2008
Any stupid man of God or religious fanatic that preaches into my face on the bus, would be splashed with hot stinking saliva!

1 Like

Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2008
Brash!:

Any stupid man of God or religious fanatic that preaches into my face in the bus, would be splashed with hot stinking saliva!

L O L grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2008
Maybe if they had a job, they won't have time for such nonsense.

Nigerians+ religion = MADNESS

1 Like

Re: Preaching In The Bus by ssRhino: 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Maybe if they had a job, they won't have time for such nonsense.

Nigerians+ religion = MADNESS

Dont be surprised that some has a Job, so on their way to and from work, they wanna bless you with the word of God.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by MrCrackles(m): 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2008
$$Rhino:

Dont be surprised that some has a Job, so on their way to and from work, they want to bless you with the word of God.

bless me with the word of God indeed!

na only them sabi propagate blessing abi?! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2008
Im quite certain if they had jobs, they wouldn't have the time for such nonsense.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by MrCrackles(m): 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

I'm quite certain if they had jobs, they wouldn't have the time for such nonsense.

exactamundo

idle ones do annoying and unnecessary things

it is high time aspiring pastors start to learn one or two other things during thier pastoral training

so when they come out, they can multi-task

after sunday and prayer meeting/fellowship for thursday, pastor free be dat, so why not spend the time constructively by learning a trade

rather than spitting or barking at peace loving commuters on the bus, idiots!
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2008
True talk!!!
Re: Preaching In The Bus by ssRhino: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2008
Madam with some koko, i know ur mind and how u think when it comes to God, Religion and stuff.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by MrCrackles(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2008
$$Rhino:

Madam with some koko, i know your mind and how u think when it comes to God, Religion and stuff.

Rhino, na madam with some KOBOKO!!! grin
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
$$Rhino:

Madam with some koko, i know your mind and how u think when it comes to God, Religion and stuff.

and what is my mind ?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by KunleOshob(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
But madam koko is an evangelist now lipsrsealed
Re: Preaching In The Bus by ssRhino: 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2008
KunleOshob:

But madam koko is an evangelist now lipsrsealed
Yeah, she is an evangelist of "no religion", but i think she is interesting.

Brash!:

Rhino, na madam with some KOBOKO!!! grin

Dont let her koboko u oh, cos i will help her self.

madamkoko:

and what is my mind ?

Intersting madam
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2008
Meaning ?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by ssRhino: 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2008
meaning u just hate anything that has to do with Nigerians + Christianity.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2008
Easy, Now u're making assumptions.

Nigerians + Religion = madness.

I'm not atheist, I believe in the existence of a God.

I'm more along the thought process of Fela/Tai Solarin.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2008
Unlike many Nigerians, I don't worship any man of god. Nor do I believe in the purpose of church/or any form of organized religion. I don't believe in titheing (as titheing in Nigeria seems to ONLY be monetary donations which is not meant to be.) Basically, I have my own set of beliefs which will never be in line with doctrines at any existing church in Niger. I know the bible front and back and there is nothing new under the sun.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by MrCrackles(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

I'm more along the thought process of Fela/Tai Solarin.

To be honest so many times, i think about your orientation in what you believe in and i kind of think it is super!

Religion is one of the greatest problems we face in this world-

People have lost loved ones because of religious differences

Religion has caused so much pain, confusion and trouble in this world

People have been forced to end up a blossoming love life because of religion

People have been forced/confused to go with one religion or the other claiming salvation

Every religion claim salvation and the fires of religious controversies keeps burning violently and so many more religious issues

The day all of us just believe in God and get on with life, would be the day we would be fully liberated!!!!!!!!!

Tolerance, Godly principles, harmony, criticism-free and unbiased views on different religions is the key we have refused to use!
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2008
Brash!:

Religion is one of the greatest problems we face in this world-

islam.

Brash!:

People have lost loved ones because of religious differences

islamic intolerance NOT religious differences.

Brash!:

Religion has caused so much pain, confusion and trouble in this world

islam.

Brash!:

People have been forced to end up a blossoming love life because of religion

islam

Brash!:

People have been forced/confused to go with one religion or the other claiming salvation

How is that a problem?

Brash!:

Every religion claim salvation and the fires of religious controversies keeps burning violently and so many more religious issues

how is that a problem?

Brash!:

The day all of us just believe in God and get on with life, would be the day we would be fully liberated!!!!!!!!!

Yoou're confused. To "believe in God" is to believe in religion. With all the "sorrow" you believe is all the fault of religion how can you claim full liberation with religion?

Brash!:

Tolerance, Godly principles, harmony, criticism-free and unbiased views on different religions is the key

Tell that to the muslims.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ Brash

absolutely brilliant.

Religion is nothing but an effective divisive tool. It forces people to see differences rather than commonalities.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by MrCrackles(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2008
@Davidylan

I would never be drawn into religious controversies or bashing

I would never point accusing fingers at other people's religion

I would only query what i dont understand in the different type of religion

Believe whatever you believe Davidylan

And believe me, it doesnt bother me!! cool
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2008
To "believe in God" is to believe in religion

Believing in the existence of a higher power, does not make one religious.

There are athiests and there are agnostics. Do you know the difference ?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Believing in the existence of a higher power, does not make one religious.

There are athiests and there are agnostics. Do you know the difference ?

I know the difference, one honestly chooses not to believe in God the other prefers to decieve himself.
the very same people who claim not to believe God exists are the very same ones talking about the "existence" of a "higher power". How stupid can that get?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

@ Brash

absolutely brilliant.

Religion is nothing but an effective divisive tool. It forces people to see differences rather than commonalities.

there was nothing "brilliant" in that summation, it simply reinforced your own prejudices and is the same thing we've heard from Huxley, okija, mazaje and all. Religion is a "divisive tool" ditto for tribe, skin color, nationality, class and gender. What shld we do about those?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2008
Brash!:

@Davidylan

I would never be drawn into religious controversies or bashing

To state a fact is not the same thing as to bash or be controversial.

Brash!:

I would never point accusing fingers at other people's religion

You sir have done just that on other threads. Pls keep your sickening hypocrisy to yourself. We havent pointed accusing fingers at anyone's religions, rather we have pointed them to the BARE FACTS.

Brash!:

I would only query what i don't understand in the different type of religion

When do we stop querying? When we've all been dismembered by suicide bombers?

Brash!:

Believe whatever you believe Davidylan

And believe me, it doesnt bother me!! cool

I dont give 2 shakes of a ducks tail. I'm only here to make sure hypocrites dont get away with twisting facts.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2008
Well, well, no need to be insulting but I believe that God exists, i've always maintained this notion. But, I don't believe in any form of organized religion.

I believe people are entitled to thier own beliefs.

the very same people who claim not to believe God exists are the very same ones talking about the "existence" of a "higher power". How stupid can that get?

People who don't believe in god in my opinion cannot believe anything exists, so to me, your statement there is not logical. Agnostics on the other hand are skeptics, who are doubtful. They lie on the fence.

One thing I know for sure is that people don't expereince god the same way.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by MrCrackles(m): 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2008
davidylan:

there was nothing "brilliant" in that summation, it simply reinforced your own prejudices and is the same thing we've heard from Huxley, okija, mazaje and all. Religion is a "divisive tool" ditto for tribe, skin color, nationality, class and gender. What shld we do about those?

You have issues, lay off me bruv! grin

you want to start your religious warefare but me i no dey roll with you!!!!
Re: Preaching In The Bus by KunleOshob(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2008
@Madam koko
Why do you think God created man?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2008
Religion is a "divisive tool" ditto for tribe, skin color, nationality, class and gender.

It doesn't say that religion is the ONLY tool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.