Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Preaching In The Bus - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching In The Bus (14457 Views)

Poll: Preaching in the bus: How do you find it?

enjoyable: 34% (29 votes)
annoying: 65% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) / El-rufai Moves To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Go Down)

Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2008
it simply reinforced your own prejudices

and what are my prejudices. ?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2008
KunleOshob:

@Madam koko
Why do you think God created man?

what I think doesn't matter, let me know what you think. why did god create man ?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by MrCrackles(m): 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2008
@Davidylan

Bravo my son, keep stoking the fires, i wont be drawn in, not in and would never be in the mood because with you, it is a waste of bloody time! grin

Get some grits bruv, because m getting mine! grin
Re: Preaching In The Bus by KunleOshob(m): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2008
@madam koko
Typical Ngerian! answering questions with questions, I would rather you answer since you believe God exists even though you don't believe in worshipping him.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by AKO1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2008
Did God create man? I thought man evolved. . .  tongue
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2008
answering questions with questions,
thats the way our forefathers did it.

and is church the only place worship can take place.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2008
A_K_O:

Did God create man? I thought man evolved. . . tongue

hehehehe. L O L. I thought so too, until I read the bible
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Well, well, no need to be insulting but I believe that God exists, i've always maintained this notion. But, I don't believe in any form of organized religion.

Its a silly and untenable notion. you cant merely believe a "god" hangs somewhere in space and on the other hand disparage the God that others believe exists. At least the biblical God has a book, you can describe His character (even assassinate it as you have consistently done) . . . where is the reference to your own "god"?
How do we know he exists? where is he from? Does he have a book? Has he ever revealed himself to you?

madamkoko:

I believe people are entitled to their own beliefs.

If you did you wouldnt waste your time making multiple anti-christian threads.

madamkoko:

People who don't believe in god in my opinion cannot believe anything exists, so to me, your statement there is not logical. Agnostics on the other hand are skeptics, who are doubtful. They lie on the fence.

rubbish. Athiests can believe in tooth fairies, witches, "higher powers". Agnostics arent skeptics, they simply are hypocrites. You cant be doubtful that the biblical God exists while holding on to some silly notion of a "higher power" hiding out somewhere.

madamkoko:

One thing I know for sure is that people don't expereince god the same way.

That is if they experience "god" at all. Maybe rather than bashing the bible you can start by regaling us with how you experience "god".
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2008
won't spend time on your RUBBISH/STUPIDITY.

but you really need to understand the difference between atheists and agnostics.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2008
At least the biblical God has a book, you can describe His character

Based on what others have written/you've been told.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Caliente(m): 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2008
[size=13pt]For those of you that said if the guy had a job he won't be doing that nansense, I'll like to disappoint you by letting you know that the preacher dude is a secondary school student.[/size]
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2008
Why can't you people think a bit critically.

Job doesn't have to mean employer/employee relationship. shey you've never heard the phrase "Oo ni lo wah ise shey" which means, find something to do doesn't necessarily mean job-job.

The poor boy should be busy with his homework, trying to figure out how to become the next Eisterin/Phelps/ or the next engineer.

He definately has too much time on his hand.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2008
Thanks for your attempt to disappoint but i'm not surprised. Preaching on the street in Nigeria is nothing new.

I call it madness.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Why can't you people think a bit critically.

now why is this question so funny? grin
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2008
becuase you are a mugu.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

becuase you are a mugu.

that may or may not be true but the sole purpose of this thread is not to call David a mugu. smiley

I understand many of you are used to half-baked christians swallowing the nonsense you so-called agnostics spew but not here sonny. By the way we are still awaiting your explanation for the higher being you claim to believe in.

Has he a book?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ davidylan you are truly a slowpoke.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

@ davidylan you are truly a slowpoke.

Has your "higher being" a book too? Anyone will do.
Have you seen him? How do you know he exists? Does he have a heaven or hell or do you just die and fade away?

Answer those questions you hypocrite before you come here barking about the bible again. grin
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2008
Have you seen him? How do you know he exists? Does he have a heaven or hell or do you just die and fade away?

Have you seen the god you believe in ? How do you know he exisits ? Wouldn't you get the shocked of your life if you saw yourself in HELL and muslims in heaven.

Pls don't ask me questions, you can't answer your self.

once again, I must be speaking with a child.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by nana(f): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hmmm*peeps,sees David's location,nods head and zooms out* shocked
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2008
nana:

Hmmm*peeps,sees David's location,nods head and zoom out* shocked

leave my location alone haba. grin

madamkoko:

Have you seen the god you believe in ? How do you know he exisits ? Wouldn't you get the shocked of your life if you saw yourself in HELL and muslims in heaven.

Please don't ask me questions, you can't answer your self.

once again, I must be speaking with a child.

What a bawling child you are. grin For the last few months you've been asking THESE EXACT SAME QUESTIONS. Did it ever occur to you that you could not answer those questions on behalf of your own "higher being"?

You can access a copy of the bible, where is the book by your own higher being? you believe he exists but where? you ask me about heaven or hell . . . what does your own god have to say about his own destination?

You see, we can ask questions too.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by nana(f): 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2008
davidylan:

leave my location alone haba. grin

I no hold am tongue. Make i comot b4 Seun closes this thread grin
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2008
nana:

I no hold am tongue. Make i comot before Seun closes this thread grin

you cant hold that "location" . . . they look too big for the average female palms. wink
Re: Preaching In The Bus by nana(f): 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2008
:-x :d
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2008
you can't hold that "location" . . . they look too big for the average female palms.

Look at the stupid conversation u're having and you call your self an xtian. oni ra nu.

I am concluding that u're debating for debating sake and have no valuable arugments to present.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by nana(f): 7:03pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Look at the stupid conversation u're having and you call your self an xtian. oni ra nu.

lmao. grin
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

I am concluding that u're debating for debating sake and have no valuable arugments to present.

Dear child . . . its not a stupid conversation, its all for light-headed fun. If you think that is being serious then you definitely need help . . . same goes for Nana.

Back to the issues at stake, i dont debate unless there's grounds to put wool heads back in their places. Gone are the days people like you just popped up to bash the bible and get away with it. You will be put to task too. Whenever you ask your usually stupid questions you'll get more in return just to show you have foolish you look. smiley

enjoy.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by nana(f): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2008
davidylan:

Dear child . . . its not a stupid conversation, its all for light-headed fun. If you think that is being serious then you definitely need help . . . same goes for Nana.

Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2008
apologies to you nana, didnt mean to include you in that sense. wink
Re: Preaching In The Bus by nana(f): 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2008
davidylan:

apologies to you nana, didnt mean to include you in that sense. wink
Skeeeeeeeeen
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 7:26pm On Aug 28, 2008
why won't a slowpoke call such stupid conversation fun. you probably no bigger than grapes.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by uche1(m): 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2008
I enjoy it, nut the part i don't like is the Empty Envelope part. If you are preaching must you be begging for money,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14)

Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? / 2018 Rhapsody Of Realities Thread! / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.