Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Preaching In The Bus - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching In The Bus (14454 Views)

Poll: Preaching in the bus: How do you find it?

enjoyable: 34% (29 votes)
annoying: 65% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) / El-rufai Moves To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Go Down)

Re: Preaching In The Bus by Hannibal: 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2008
folahann:

I know where to go if i want to listen to music sorry i meant Preaching

How do you want the Muslims or traditionalists and none practicing christians to feel when they hear "bunch of rubbish" being spewed?

Ehn, what if the Imams start their incantations very loud and clear in the bus you are in, won't you feel different?

My cousin came traveled to Ghana in a bus and some people organised a church service during the journey, sang praises,worshiped, prayed (you know those crazy prayers),collected offertory and did anointing service . . . how crazy!!

Me think things like these should be done individually. Everybody in the bus those not have the same stuff like you

You are a trifling oaf!!!!

Do u tell bus conductors to STOP bawling YABA-OSHODI when you are on a bus??
Why are people this screwed when the GOSPEL is being preached?
So because ur cousin got on a bus that had Church service organised in it means what if i may ask again?
May the LORD open y'all spiritual eyes. Many are BLIND and they don't even know it.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:20pm On Aug 28, 2008
Haven't we had a similar thread before,started however by one of our Islamic friends.
The last time I checked.buses in Nigeria are private enterprises.
If the drivers and conductors allow people to preach on their buses, deal with it people grin
na naija we dey wink
If you feel otherwise, buy a car and leave molue alone kiss kiss

I love preachers in buses in those days I travelled with Ekene bus from Aba and Osha to Lagos.
But what I don't like is seating in their line of spray grin
noise pollution is not a crime in Nigeria
if it were those imams blaring out from loudspeakers at the crack of dawn would be in jail.
but they're not
and don't deserve to be if the law permits them

na naija we dey
If it pains you stand up and preach that there be no more preaching in buses
or better yet,get off the bus cool
I hear they now have islamic preachers on buses too? shocked shocked shocked
let them preach
It's called free speech
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:20pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ folahann

good story and example.

I can Imagine if an imam was on the bus saying "Allah akubar" or if a traditionalist was doing thier incantations on the bus. I'm sure no one would like that either. in fact there would be war.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

I can Imagine if an imam was on the bus saying "Allah akubar" or if a traditionalist was doing their incantations on the bus. I'm sure no one would like that either. in fact there would be war.

Stop lying, we all know that is not true. Imams have been disturbing us at 5am for centuries and no one is making threads about them or going to war with them. Even when you lie, be consistent about it.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

@ folahann

good story and example.

I can Imagine if an imam was on the bus saying "Allah akubar" or if a traditionalist was doing their incantations on the bus. I'm sure no one would like that either. in fact there would be war.

bloody hypocrite!!
the Muslim call for prayers from loudspeakers that wake some people up daily, that one no pass preaching?
have you complained?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2008
Queenisha you must be a fool who can't read.

Did my post say anything about 5am calls.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2008
davidylan:

Stop lying, we all know that is not true. Imams have been disturbing us at 5am for centuries and no one is making threads about them or going to war with them. Even when you lie, be consistent about it.

LOL
I didn't see your response sef.
It's amazing how some people will give themselves wedges over christianity and play ostrich at other times.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2008
bloody hypocrite!!

Figure out the definition to the word, then come back and write your post again.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Of course you conveniently left that part out like the olodo you are wink
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Hannibal: 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2008
Queenisha:

Haven't we had a similar thread before,started however by one of our Islamic friends.
The last time I checked.buses in Nigeria are private enterprises.
If the drivers and conductors allow people to preach on their buses, deal with it people grin
na naija we dey wink
If you feel otherwise, buy a car and leave molue alone kiss kiss

I love preachers in buses in those days I travelled with Ekene bus from Aba and Osha to Lagos.
But what I don't like is seating in their line of spray grin
noise pollution is not a crime in Nigeria
if it were those imams blaring out from loudspeakers at the crack of dawn would be in jail.
but they're not
and don't deserve to be if the law permits them

na naija we dey
If it pains you stand up and preach that there be no more preaching in buses
or better yet,get off the bus cool
I hear they now have islamic preachers on buses too? shocked shocked shocked
let them preach
It's called free speech

Touche. . . . .

I cannot understand why people would complain about stuffs like these. . . .
Bloody hypocrites. . . . .Do u complain when drivers blast their FUJI music in your ears with Pasuma screaming on top of his crooked voice??
What happened to freedom of speech??
If anyone can't stand being on a bus. . . . .Get on ur Okada and stop moaning like cunts.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Figure out the definition to the word, then come back and write your post again.

let me say it in vernacular.
It means anumanu wink
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2008
Of course you conveniently left that part out like the olodo you are

ODE, just in case you can't make the connection, I was obviously responding to folahann's story.

All you morons who call yourselves xtians. Go back to your cave.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

ODE, just in case you can't make the connection, I was obviously responding to folahann's story.

do your worst sweetie pie wink
stop riding molue
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Not at all but it basically LIED that christians are intolerant of imams and traditional healers and would fight them for preaching in a bus. the fact that not one post has been made on this by any christian while we have seen numerous complaints from muslims makes a mockery of your blatant falsehood.

Queenisha made a good point, virtually ALL your alleged anti-God posts are directed at christians . . . muslims make worse noise and now preach on buses too . . . nothing from you of course.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

its funny that these hypocrites are never these virulent on the islamic threads, infact you never see them there. grin
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2008
stop riding molue

and whats wrong with molue ?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hannibal:

Touche. . . . .

Bloody hypocrites. . . . .Do u complain when drivers blast their FUJI music in your ears with Pasuma screaming on top of his crooked voice??

tell it to that market woman called madam otokoto wink
whenever she sees Christian topics she lands like a vulture looking for a meal.
na me and am today
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

and whats wrong with molue ?

then sharrap and endure the preachers or get off the molue
get it now
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:35pm On Aug 28, 2008
Not surprised why xtianity has become extremely cheapened, easily bashed, worthless, valueless,, with the likes of you fools i'm not surprised.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Cristalz(f): 11:35pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hannibal:

Touche. . . . .

What happened to noise pollution?? Its a forum for Religion issues,that's why only the religion aspect is being brought into it. It doesn't mean other forms of noise pollution are accepted.

Anyway,good thing such isn't found in Abj  cool Guess its not such a 'naija thing' afterall.

Same people saying the noise is ok today will be the ones looking for quiet,normal places to live tomorrow. Let's all be real here please.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
then sharrap and endure the preachers or get off the molue
get it now

L O L. Another idiotic statement from you and i'm going to fall off my chair.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
davidylan:

its funny that these hypocrites are never these virulent on the islamic threads, infact you never see them there. grin

Is she the first?
the same with her atheist, agnostic crowd.
Once it's on Christianity, they crawl out from their hide outs like vermins

madamkoko:

Not surprised why xtianity has become extremely cheapened, easily bashed, worthless, valueless,, with the likes of you fools i'm not surprised.

and what do you call a fool responding to a fool ?
answer= a fool forever
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2008
Pls make logical statements, i'm pleading.

Stop trying to be soo comedic
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

L O L. Another idiotic statement from you and i'm going to fall off my chair.

as though you could fall any lower
who are you trying to fool here
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2008
meaning ?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Its been that way for 2000 yrs, no surprise, "fools" like us were not born then. Christianity is the easiest way to take out your inner spiritual turmoil. If you tried 0.04% of what you do on the christian threads on the islam section you would long have been banned. We're not surprised . . . the catholics killed millions of protestants, muslims are killing and oppression jews and christians, atheists have long been railing against the bible (stony silence on the quran by the way), agnostics too are having a field day . . .

Really what's new? Is it really about fools like us or a problem of your souls?
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Hannibal: 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

So Christians are morons in ur deluded world??
You are pathetic.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2008
If you feel that you have to fight for xtianity, it only means its worthless.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

meaning ?

a whole madamkoko asking for the meaning of an expression?
read it again,this time with thinking caps on wink
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Queenisha: 11:41pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hannibal:

So Christians are morons in your deluded world??
You are pathetic.

break it down in Osun dialect.
the girl is thicker than akamu
Re: Preaching In The Bus by madamkoko: 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2008
the girl is thicker than akamu

akamu is not even thick.
Re: Preaching In The Bus by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

If you feel that you have to fight for xtianity, it only means its worthless.

funny, but i never see you tell this to the muslims who actually believe AND practice fighting for islam. Isnt it hypocritical how you regard mere rebuttals on a forum as "fighting for christianity" and YET suicide bombers are still out there quoting the quran for their efforts?

I shake my head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14)

Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites / Do Dreams Affect Our Reality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.