Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? (2929 Views)

Possesive Girls Are Evil / Truth About Naija Babes.. So Funny [pics] / Why Are Naija Babes So Unromantic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by blokoncept(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2008
Yesterday, I watched a good 9Ja movie featuring the likes of Omotola, uche jumbo, Jim iyke but what got my attention was the scene when Jim Iyke’s girlfriend/fiancé always embarrasses other girls that she sees around her lover.
WAIT!  That scene remembered of something that always happen daily in and around our environments.
I have carry out some research and found that  9Ja babes are so possessive
*Not giving breathing space to their lover
*Always snickering on their guy?
*Always afraid when other girl comes around their guy
Some even fight other girls all in the name of love.

NAWAH!
WHY ARE 9Ja BABES SO POSSESIVE?
                  more detail @
www.lovermattaz..com
email:blokonceptz@gmail.com

[/b][b]
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by sistawoman: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2008
is it other 9ja babies they are afraid of or other women from different cultures.

Cuz i know the nigerian women here in the states always stare and never talk to me when my husband and i go to events.
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by ubonboy(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2008
its simply a feeling of insecurity, thats all
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by blokoncept(m): 7:26pm On Aug 29, 2008
this is a matter of the mind and attitude, period
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by Ihuoma85(f): 8:00pm On Aug 29, 2008
Im not like that at all. I trust him. But when i was single i saw women holding extra on their guys arm if i was just passing by on the road. Why, i have no idea. Im not the type that goes and chat up to men. They come to me tongue
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 31, 2008
Generalizing baboons lipsrsealed

It's not a Nigerian thing, more like a woman thing
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by ima1(f): 7:51am On Aug 31, 2008
even men do the same thing, not just women or naija women
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by alakem(f): 8:50am On Aug 31, 2008
the altitude might be so obvious in women folks but same goes for men.how will u feel if ur babe is in d mist of wealthier, more handsome,taller and well built men and all smiling and looking at her?coooooooool i believed prob is not 9ja babes alone,it mit only be stronger here cos women av no right in nigeria
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by HRhotness(f): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2008
I can say the same for some men. . .
always wanting to knw where u are, who u're with, what u'r doing. . . wanting a blow-by-bow detailed account of your day, everday. . .
I can't stand over-possssive men, I think its disrespectful treating a grown ass woman like a child! angry
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by flexibles(m): 10:16am On Aug 31, 2008
that is what i call "CARING" cheesy,so getting angry over that  would be crazy wink,and do you blame a nigga for wantig to know how  his babe is faring,  shocked
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by HRhotness(f): 9:59am On Sep 01, 2008
flexibles:

that is what i call "CARING" cheesy,so getting angry over that would be crazy wink,and do you blame a nigga for wantig to know how his babe is faring, shocked

Caring and checking your girl is ok is one things, hounding her continuously and asking silly questions is another. if u really cared about her and her well-being, u'd trust her and give her the breathing space she needs!

showing u care does not equate to being a bullying, over-possessive, domineering control freak! angry
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by MrCrackles(m): 10:04am On Sep 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

partially correct! grin
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by blokoncept(m): 11:42am On Sep 01, 2008
helo friends
this isssue is eating deep into our system.
let fight this whole thing.
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by eldee(m): 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

C'mon that's a lie jare
The difference is, the nigerian lady starts being possesive from the first day you meet
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by onyinye2(f): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2008
eldee:

C'mon that's a lie jare
The difference is, the nigerian lady starts being possesive from the first day you meet
Shaarup dia! This be lie! You can't pin point this straight to Nigerian women. . . . all culture groups are the culprits. Im not saying all women are like this. I for one im not possessive. Im secure enough to know that if my man knows whats good for him. . . . he'll keep his eyes on the prize.
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by Baxilexi(m): 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
what!! that calls for serious deliverance oo.

@topic, its the basic characteristic of the female psyche.

hi, onyin.
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by onyinye2(f): 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hola, Baxilexi wink
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by eldee(m): 2:52pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Shaarup dia! This be lie! You can't pin point this straight to Nigerian women. . . . all culture groups are the culprits. I'm not saying all women are like this. I for one im not possessive. I'm secure enough to know that if my man knows whats good for him. . . . he'll keep his eyes on the prize.

C'mon, let's be truthful here
When I go on a date with Serena, I know there's still a chance I don't call her again
Infact, bout 70% chance that we're not taking it anywhere

But let's try the same thing with a Bunmi
You'll get calls filling your voicemail, there was a time this next chic used a different number to see if I was avoiding her
It's like you're married just because you wen on one date
Fine, most Nigerian chics don't spew first, but when you give sumn as little as a greenflash, they go all clingy
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by onyinye2(f): 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2008
eldee:

C'mon, let's be truthful here
When I go on a date with Serena, I know there's still a chance I don't call her again
Infact, bout 70% chance that we're not taking it anywhere

But let's try the same thing with a Bunmi
You'll get calls filling your voicemail, there was a time this next chic used a different number to see if I was avoiding her
It's like you're married just because you when on one date
Fine, most Nigerian chics don't spew first, but when you give sumn as little as a greenflash, they go all clingy
Blah Blah Blah. . . . you are in violation of generalizing. You can't give faulty stats based on one experience with a woman. Overall. . . . women are clingy to a degree. If she wasn't. . . . she would be deemed as "Non Caring". It truly depends on the guy and the vibes he gives off. Some men give no reason for a woman to be ultra clingy because he is faithful and keeps his eye on the prize. While others flirt in front of their woman, check out babes in the presence of her, so on and so forth. So you can you blame her for upping her degree of clinginess? i wouldn't blame her at all.
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by whitelexi(m): 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
There is a clear difference between being caring and being clingy or choking - GOSH! I don dey tire to dey read your sexist rants, when u see the truth, identify with it please shocked
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by onyinye2(f): 3:06pm On Sep 01, 2008
whitelexi:

There is a clear difference between being caring and being clingy or choking - GOSH! I don dey tire to dey read your sexist rants, when u see the truth, identify with it please shocked
Good thing this wasn't aimed towards me. . .
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by yimiton(f): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2008
Possessiveness is not a sex thing. Men could be as possessive as women.
It usually stem from insecurity, when you think you're not good enough for your partner, you keep having this fear that someone better will come from no where and simply snatch him or her away. That way you find yourself constantly watching on your partner.
It's actually very frustrating to the person having it and it's a sure relationship breaker. But if trust and true friendship can be built by having a heart to heart talk and reasuring your partner that you aren't going to run away with the next available toaster, such jealousy and possessiveness will give way to respect and love.
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by eldee(m): 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Blah Blah Blah. . . . you are in violation of generalizing. You can't give faulty stats based on one experience with a woman. Overall. . . . women are clingy to a degree. If she wasn't. . . . she would be deemed as "Non Caring". It truly depends on the guy and the vibes he gives off. Some men give no reason for a woman to be ultra clingy because he is faithful and keeps his eye on the prize. While others flirt in front of their woman, check out babes in the presence of her, so on and so forth. So you can you blame her for upping her degree of clinginess? i wouldn't blame her at all.
Ta the Bleep toi!!!
If I wanted to generalise, I'll be saying 'all women are clingy'
But I've seen women from other cultural backgrounds
Nigerian women take it as an art, it's like a skill they learnt in school

Not caring?? C'mon . . . I don't need you to be 'caring' when we just met last week
The average nigerian lady thinks a date is a ritual that shows commitment
Questions like, 'I called you twice and you didn't pick, where were you?'
Erm . . . it's just a flipping dinner

Aight . . . tell me which Brit dishes out eye gestures towards their boyfriend's secetaries??

whitelexi:

C'est fini . . . you put it well
Caring is 'how was your day', clingy is calling every hour to see how your day's been going
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by kemisuga(f): 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2008
I think the guys are more possesive than babes. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by onyinye2(f): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
kemisuga:

I think the guys are more possesive than babes. lipsrsealed
Hell Yeah!

eldee:

Ta the Bleep toi!!!
If I wanted to generalise, I'll be saying 'all women are clingy'
But I've seen women from other cultural backgrounds
Nigerian women take it as an art, it's like a skill they learnt in school
V.O.G. (violation of generalizing)

eldee:

Not caring?? C'mon . . . I don't need you to be 'caring' when we just met last week
The average nigerian lady thinks a date is a ritual that shows commitment
Questions like, 'I called you twice and you didn't pick, where were you?'
Erm . . . it's just a flipping dinner
So then why don't you open your God given mouth and speak? If you notice the particular chick you kickin it with aint understanding that what you got between yal aint no commitment. . . . then just say it. Aren't you the same one who rants about women expecting their man to be a mind reader? Well it seems like the table has changed.

eldee:

Aight . . . tell me which Brit dishes out eye gestures towards their boyfriend's secetaries??
C'est fini . . . you put it well
Caring is 'how was your day', clingy is calling every hour to see how your day's been going
Oka you have to understand that EVERYONE is clingy to a degree. Men and Women.
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
naija chicks?!!!! shocked shocked
Possessive is an understatement.

To lend credence to it there's one hitting da buzz key on my YIM right now it's drivin me nuts!! angry angry angry
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by onyinye2(f): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
NiyiRocks!:

To lend credence to it there's one hitting da buzz key on my YIM right now it's drivin me nuts!! angry angry angry
Stop exaggerating. . . . it is so phony and unnecessary.
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by eldee(m): 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

V.O.G. (violation of generalizing)
As I told you before, I've been in, witnessed and heard of enough cases to form an opinion
You know the truth, let's not call the kettle blueish, metallic, scalded black . . . Nigerian ladies get clingy from the start
That's why you hear them saying 'he used and dumped me' when he didn't promise commitment in the first place

onyinye2:

So then why don't you open your God given mouth and speak? If you notice the particular chick you kickin it with aint understanding that what you got between yal aint no commitment. . . . then just say it. Aren't you the same one who rants about women expecting their man to be a mind reader? Well it seems like the table has changed.
Tell me how to say 'Please hun, you really need to back off now, let's slow down with this' without putting a Nigerian chic on suicide watch?
It still boils down to the 'Every relationship must end in marriage' thing that they grew up with
As TOH said, a nigerian sees a chic that goes on three dinner dates in a week is seen as a slut
And now look at you describing being possesive as 'caring' . . . hmmn dark days ahead for us ooh
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by MrCrackles(m): 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Stop exaggerating. . . . it is so phony and unnecessary.

cheesy
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by eldee(m): 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2008
NiyiRocks!:

Hehehe . . . word on the street is nigerian chics invented flashing before GSM [/b]came to naija grin grin
I wonder how they survived when it was still [b]snail mail and P.O Box
grin grin
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by onyinye2(f): 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2008
eldee:

As I told you before, I've been in, witnessed and heard of enough cases to form an opinion
You know the truth, let's not call the kettle blueish, metallic, scalded black . . . Nigerian ladies get clingy from the start
That's why you hear them saying 'he used and dumped me' when he didn't promise commitment in the first place
Oka what ladies have you been dating? Like on the real. . . . it sounds like you attract insecure women. Because yes i admit there are women who tend to be on the clingy side. But you have to remember there is a lot of women who see no need to be clingy. A woman who is clingy from the start is a red flag for the rest of the relationship.

eldee:

Tell me how to say 'Please hun, you really need to back off now, let's slow down with this' without putting a Nigerian chic on suicide watch?

It still boils down to the 'Every relationship must end in marriage' thing that they grew up with
As TOH said, a nigerian sees a chic that goes on three dinner dates in a week is seen as a slut
And now look at you describing being possesive as 'caring' . . . hmmn dark days ahead for us ooh
Just simply tell her from the start that you aint looking for no relationship and leave at that. I mean i can't stand people who whine about things going on in the relationship when you were given opportunity after opportunity to set boundaries. Just open your mouth and speak. Simple as that.
Re: Why Are 9ja Babes So Possesive? by KarmaMod(f): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2008
My brain exploded trying to go through that gibberish

snicker on the guy? remembered you something?  

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fine Boy Fine Trouble / If You Were A Guy, Can You Marry The Female Version Of You(and Vice Versa)?? / Yes, It Has Happened!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.