Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,165 members, 7,867,385 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:04 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290549 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:40pm On Sep 02, 2007
@razorr.

i just got consumed in the whole thing. You know jackal now.

What went wrong was that we had finished tactics with a 4-4-2 and in final stages of preparation of positioning and movement on and off the ball in the 4-4-2 arrangement with Lamps when he had the Injury on friday.

With no more time since we had to travel on saturday, we had to hurriedly go back to the 4-4-3 since everything was built around Lamps. Alex had to come into defence instead Ben and the rest was to hope we win.

We did not unfotunately. It happens once in a while. Two seasons ago we lost disgracefully to middlesborough and still won the premiership.

Lamps will be back for Blackburn. And hopefully Ricardo carvalho and Sheva. And we take it from there. The only thing that saddens me is that Lifapoo is on top with a match in hand
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2007
@ nateevs,

Dont worry about Liverpool or Arsenal.
They will all meet their waterloo soon.
No team can win 38 games in the Prem.
There are bound to be losses and draws.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2007
That's the first comment from Jackal I'm agreeing with.

But I've got to admit that those teams have come off to a flying start.

@Nateevs

I'm really concerned about Drogba o. People have been marking him out of games and he can't seem to shake himself off. Do you think this would change?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:53pm On Sep 02, 2007
Liverpool always has a problem with consistency and Arsenal will lose home and away to Westham.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2007
Razorr,

I think Drog is trying to add some flair to his style of play. It is not working for him as he conceeds possession a awful lot too often. He should go back to his strength and one-touch football.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2007
Hmmmm. . . Brilliant Nateevs. You're making my day with your analysis. kiss

Another question - Who do you think is better between Joe Cole and SWP?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mukina2: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2007
Nateevs angry
back to sender angry

you will lose to us home and away grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2007
@ nateevs,

Drog is bleeped.
I will be surprised if he gets 11 league goals this season.
Players now know how to mark him . . . .Drog is too uni-directional.
He was kept in a back pocket by a 100k pounds defender. grin grin grin
Robben was missed.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by toshmann(m): 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2007
hello dear razorr. has Dr Dre revived you completely grin grin. . . and liverpool has one game to play o, and rob style stole 2 points from us and gave u guys one extra point o, and we've been playing without steven G o, and torres nova even begin im mission o, and . . . . . .  cheesy  . . . to be continued

take heart razorr, it shall be well with you guys. . . . . . tongue at the bottom of the table. . . .  cool

from anfield with love cool

sign. . . .T.M.B Toshmann cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mukina2: 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2007
toshmann:

hello dear razorr. has Dr Dre revived you completely grin grin. . . and liverpool has one game to play o, and rob style stole 2 points from us and gave u guys one extra point o, and we've been playing without steven G o, and torres nova even begin im mission o, and . . . . . .  cheesy  . . . to be continued

take heart razorr, it shall be well with you guys. . . . . . tongue at the bottom of the table. . . .  cool

from anfield with love cool

sign. . . .T.M.B Toshmann cool

you'll always walk alone grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by toshmann(m): 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2007
i wont mind walking alone on top of the table cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2007
Razorr,

Without being sentimental, there is no way in the world I will think SWP is in the same class with JOE. Joe seems to find it hard to come out of injury to top flight football. On the other hand, SWP is in the form of his life but as transformed as he might seem he lacks vision and that is what you can't take away from Joe. SWp has this bustling run at defenders that Joe does not have but it amounts to nothing when you have such talent without a sense of delivery and that is what makes a player versatile. SWP is 24 and by now he should be decided about what his role is in football. He is not decided  about that now.  

Joe is an established player and way above the class SWP.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by toshmann(m): 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2007
@nateev
i agree with ya annalysis. contrary to general expectations, joe cole is the only player in chelsea that i really fear whenever the reds play the blues. other players can be contained easily on a good day.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2007
Mourinho is a dork ! grin grin

let him keep ranting, yeye man wey suppose cover hin face in shame embarassed

what was he trying to prove removing Mikel and later Maka? how well did Essien play? undecided

why was MALOUDA ON THE FIELD thru out the match? angrynot even a single shot ? shocked

doesnt this now look like a justification to say LAMPARD IS A FORCE TO RECKON WITH IN CHELSKI? now that he doesnt play Chelski loses . . .haba ! lipsrsealed

Belleti? did u see Ashley Young waste him? does this look like La Liga? tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mukina2: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2007
* . . . . . . .  .passing by . . . . . .  . . .*

[url=http://www.premierleague.com/page/Galleries/0,,12306~1104720,00.html]Drogba wink[/url]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lare: 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2007
Mc Omo:

Belleti? did u see Ashley Young waste him? does this look like La Liga? tongue

grin grin grin

That is what they call "Welcome To The Premiership"

You know they don't mark tighly in Spain.

He'll go back the way Del horno went.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2007
On Todays match

What a match!

I am impressed by the attitude of the villa guys.They played very very well.

Almost the same way they play liverpool until Referee gave the gift.

Terry,Balleti,Makalele were terrific

Drogba switched off completely but how many times had he been our saviour? I can take his faults Now than later.

Villa thus join the Middlesborough and'Pool as the teams that has beaten Chelsea CLEARLY IN jm'S ERA cry

More to come,

@jACKAL

Were you not the same person that says Chelsea were brilliant after the first 45minutes.? Na wa o.

On Drogba and your 11 goals prediction. DD will soon go back to Yamouskoro river, it is an open secret that he will score his 20 goals.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lare: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2007
Akolawole:

Villa thus join the Middlesborough and'Pool as the teams that has beaten Chelsea CLEARLY IN jm'S ERA cry

Clearly? Don't get that.

What about Man Utd beating them at Old Trafford 2
seasons ago?

Darren Fletcher's header?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2007
@Lare

Of course many teams beat us but only those listed by 2 goals and above.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by lare: 11:23pm On Sep 02, 2007
Akolawole:

Of course many teams beat us but only those listed by 2 goals and above.

Okay. I was just wondering what you meant by clearly.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 11:41pm On Sep 02, 2007
truth is, I am kinda worried abt our play these days. I have not seen a spectacular game by us this season.

in my analysis, we r just a little below half the team we was 2 yrs ago. I am not putting emphasis on winnings but on play.

not that we need entertainment, we need 2 have a cohesion I haven't seen this season
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:29am On Sep 03, 2007
@Jackal

Did we play that bad?

With possesion of 69.5%

Passing success of 81.7%

13 corners to Villa's 2.

Did we miss Super Franky? Maybe his shooting skill.

The battle has just begun angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by debosky(m): 2:12am On Sep 03, 2007
@ Akola

those stats sound like Arsenal last season, all pressure, all the posession, yet no end product.

Mourinho must be worried, how will losing only Lampard cause this much havoc in the team? i think its much more than just Lamps' absence, the team just lacked a cutting edge up front, only 2 shots on goal in the entire 90mins! shocked shocked that is simply atrocious for a team of chelsea's quality, and now everyone goes on int'l break so there's no time to shout at the players and fire them up.

I think this has been in the pipeline for a while now, the undeserved draw at Anfield, the lucky 1-0 defeat of P'mouth, culminatiing in the defeat tonight. There is some trouble at the bridge no doubt, but for how long?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 4:58am On Sep 03, 2007
My dad told me never to push my luck too far ! Is it like u guys really felt u were up to breaking d 'villa park jinx' with ur 'scraping results' form ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 4:58am On Sep 03, 2007
My dad told me never to push my luck too far ! Is it like u guys really felt u were up to breaking d 'villa park jinx' with ur 'scraping results' form ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2007
@Debosky

Good talk bro

@Mc Omo

Which one be scrapping result form?

I can pinpoint 5 matches that chelsea won by a large margin yet win handsomely.

We beat Watford by 4 goals to nothing yet we played complete rubbish
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 8:55am On Sep 03, 2007
@ Akolawole,

Chelsea's loss yesterday should be blamed on Mourinho's team selection and formation.
4-3-3 against Villa's 4-4-2? Chelsea was out-numbered in the midfield and that was where the problem was.
I have to admit . . . .Chelsea didn't play badly at all . . . Villa stepped up their game.
Jose Mourinho did not exercise patience as well and he pushed the panic buttons too soon. . . . . .
Joe Cole's substitution was too early . . . . Drogba and Pizarro lacked the cutting edge upfront and it was just a bad day for Chelsea.

Chelsea fans should be happy this loss came at this time.
We all know a loss for Chelsea means Chelsea can cop 15 straight victories after this.
The last time Chelsea lost to Liverpool in January, they did 10 wins on a trot without blinking.
Theres going to be some massive shake-down and if Jose is allowed to do things his own way . . . . .He will triumph.
Lampard's absence had nuthing to do with . . . .Fat Frank is not better than the 3 players who played in the MIDFIELD yesterday.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 9:06am On Sep 03, 2007
@Akola

[size=13pt]Why We Lost: -[/size]

There was a major problem linking the midfield and the attack. Mikel, Makalele and Essien are great players but they are classic midfield workers! Not forward players! At times it looked like we were pumping hopeful balls forward like a relegation bound side. One clever pass to Drogba's feet or over the top to SWP is good but if it's all you've got then you will struggle.

We seriously missed the midfield to attack work rate of Lampard. Especially as he is not the only player in the team capable of linking the midfield and attack in other ways like runs, dribbling and link ups.
Though SWP and Malouda can play well as true wingers I feel it would have helped to bring one or both of them back into midfield to create this, Lampard is our best but SWP, Malouda, J Cole and Kalou can all do this. 3 holding midfielders can not!

I was also surprised that when we finally had this the team seemed to panic to early and start hoofing the ball forward like a relegation side (not the norm from a team known for late comebacks and no panic). sad

I know it was just one game but if Lampard is out for a while I hope it does not continue. sad

Anyway, I hear Lampard would be back for our next match, so we don't have any problem.

Besides, you all know Mourinho, he loses a match and he wins 13 afterward. grin

No sweat. We're good. cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Banderas(m): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2007
Jackal - I actually disagree about the Chelsea midfield. Chelsea actually dominated the midfield - Young and Agbonlahor seemed to play almost as strikers, and for periods Villa appeared to be playing 4-2-4 instead of 4-4-2. The main difference is that the chelsea midfield was all about physical presence, and Reo-Coker is not exactly a pushover, so that didn't work out well.

Also, those two boys on the wing, Young and Agbonlahor were simply too fast for Chelsea to handle, same as SWP was too swift for Villa to handle. Terry was kept out of most of the game by the threat of Carew (That was a major battle in the chelsea defence, and they cancelled each other out).

Razorr - Belleti was effective against Luke young for most of the first half, and a lot of the second, but as I predicted, age started to catch up with him, and his legs could not keep up the chase for the entire game. One nip pass, one cross, two nil to the Villa.

And Cashley was predicting an unbeaten run this season,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2007
In my opinion the reason it went so bad in the second half was because of the lack of center midfield passes. Lamps is a good player but I still don't think he would have turned the match around.  

If you watch very well the key to the deft passes in the center of midfeild was MIKEL. As good as Lamps is, no one can say he possesses the midfield passing abitlities of Mikel. Lamps only has sweeping passes across the flanks. Even JM once said it is not easy to press mikel because his sense of awareness, vision and one touch style makes it almost impossible to press him.  As soon as Mikel went off, the passes thru the midfeild stopped. Another player that could have tried to match that is Joe, unfortunately, SWP was off and Joe had to go to the right.

It left the midfield with kalou coming and conceeding possesion and clearly it was not Malouda's day. The whole system collapsed.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2007
Banderas:

Jackal - I actually disagree about the Chelsea midfield. Chelsea actually dominated the midfield - Young and Agbonlahor seemed to play almost as strikers, and for periods Villa appeared to be playing 4-2-4 instead of 4-4-2. The main difference is that the chelsea midfield was all about physical presence, and Reo-Coker is not exactly a pushover, so that didn't work out well.

Also, those two boys on the wing, Young and Agbonlahor were simply too fast for Chelsea to handle, same as SWP was too swift for Villa to handle. Terry was kept out of most of the game by the threat of Carew (That was a major battle in the chelsea defence, and they cancelled each other out).

Razorr - Belleti was effective against Luke young for most of the first half, and a lot of the second, but as I predicted, age started to catch up with him, and his legs could not keep up the chase for the entire game. One nip pass, one cross, two nil to the Villa.

And Cashley was predicting an unbeaten run this season,

Young and Agbonlahor were almost absent in the first half because each one of them was busy either marking SWP or Malouda. It was difficult for them to go forward because of the potential of a counter attack.

The reason the flanks were busy was bocs of mikel's presence. As soon as mikel went off, the flanks suffered lack of feed and YOUNG was just on holiday.

I do not blame JM for the 4-3-3 as he did not have a choice.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2007
@ nateevs,

I must blame Jose for the 4-3-3.
C'mon . . . . What was Pizarro doing on the bench in the 1st half.
Leaving Drogba to do it all by himself fails most of the time.
With 4-4-2 . . . . . . Villa's defenders will be concentrating on 2 strikers instead of 1.
Mourinho's fire-brigade attitude is also one of the factors why Chelsea lost . . . . .

He concedes a goal by mistake and he changes a team abruptly.
Why push Mikel out when it was obvious he was doing a good job in the Midfield?
He made all the 3 subs too soon and to me that was pushing the panic buttons.
To be honest, i think all em Villa players will fail the dope test last night . . . . .They must be on drugs.
I have never seen a team run from the blast of the whistle till the end like they did last night.
Full of running . . . . . even the wasted Reo-Coker played the game of his life.
It was just a bad day in the office . . . . . .Chelsea will bounce back.

@ Banderas

A 4-man Chelsea midfield would have neutralised Villa's midfield more easily.
Mikel, Essien, Malouda and Phillips would have done a better job in the middle of the pack.
3-man Chelsea midfield didnt stretch Villa at all . . . . . .The midfield was too thin and SWP wasted many opportunities trying to be a hero.
In ma opinion, Belletti had a good game . . . .He was a bit of a gem and he made some good defensive moves to ward off Villa in the 1st half.
The 2nd goal was as a result of Chelsea bombing forward to get a goal and had a bit of luck in it.
The only error Chelsea made was conceding a goal from a set-piece at the time the goal was scored.
It destroyed Jose's team talk @ half-time and he had to come up with an ineffective plan B too quickly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.