Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,832 members, 7,862,732 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:03 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290161 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2008
Dr. Dre:

@ Somze
Well, great day for both teams
I would have prefered we got a draw though but at least we didn't fall like a pack of cards smiley
The clinic is opening for fans of both teams
Blue fans can suffer from over excitment and Man Utd from ehm ehm forgerit! grin
Ha ha . . . we can take the overexcitement.

You are badly needed for Man Utd . . . it seems ALL their supporters on Nairaland have gone MIA or do they all have sick leave or something? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2008
Beautiful game of football. . . every minute of the match was worth it's while.
It was eally hard to pick the MOTM. . . Ballack named MOTM on sky.
Really sorry for Riccy. .  Ashley Cole and Sheva made very geat contributions today though. . .

I must commend Avram Grant . . . his subs were spot on . . and I have never jumped to pump my fists in the air when Grnt makes a change. . . I did today. .
Drogba and Ballack let out few moments of passion. . . It's all for the team anyway. Those things happen.
Ferguson wanted a penalty. . . he's beginning to think they must have one in every match. . .

The season goes down to the wire . . and with ManU's poor form away and injuries piling, I expect them to to drop points; provided we win our own matches. . . now I am really wishing we won the Wigan game. .  

But the record is still protected guys. . . most formidable record in football.

It's [size=16pt]80 matches unbeaten at home[/size]. y'all aint gat a clue, the premiership is [size=16pt]blue!!!!!![/size]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by DrDre1(m): 3:29pm On Apr 26, 2008
One day will be one day for that record
I just pray we will be the one to destroy the record.
If you don't know what I mean, ask Arsenal fans regarding their 49 unbeaten grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2008
Dr. Dre:

One day will be one day for that record
I just pray we will be the one to destroy the record.
If you don't know what I mean, ask Arsenal fans regarding their 49 unbeaten grin

Go siddon one side, you had a chance today. . . you did not do it. Now you dey talk about next season. Do you think we will be like this next. Chelsea will be the strongest next season. . . write it down somewhere.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by DrDre1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2008
@ Nateevs
You better be happy that I offered that Man Utd destroy the record.
Okay don't worry, maybe you will prefer a Wigan side or ehm ehm Watford grin grin
What makes you think you will be the strongest team next season.
It's not as if other teams are just going to be resting on their oars.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2008
Dr. Dre:

@ Nateevs
You better be happy that I offered that Man Utd destroy the record.
Okay don't worry, maybe you will prefer a Wigan side or ehm ehm Watford grin grin
What makes you think you will be the strongest team next season.
It's not as if other teams are just going to be resting on their oars.

And you won't see that either in this lifetime of football, guaranteed!!!!!!. . . . Wigan and Watford? n****h Is you drinking som'ng?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by DrDre1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 26, 2008
@ Nateevs
Don't get fired up bro. Anything can happen grin
I ain't drinking anything, just pulling your legs but you never can tell grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:58pm On Apr 26, 2008
Dr. Dre:

@ Nateevs
Don't get fired up bro. Anything can happen grin
I ain't drinking anything, just pulling your legs but you never can tell grin

Definitely not fired up. . . . the record means a lot to me. It's gon be broken someday. . . maybe not next season. Maybe not the next two. . who knows?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by DrDre1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2008
@ Nateevs
I expect you to cherish that record but I seriously doubt if that record will survive next season
It may not be Man Utd maybe just some other team. You should notice that some smaller clubs too are making serious moves to strenghten their teams against next season so you can't rule them out easily. wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2008
Dre
E be like say na u go need medical assistance soon
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2008
Congrats on today's win una deserve am
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by DrDre1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2008
@ Somze
Lai lai!
I dey kampe o wink
Remember I'm the doctor na wink grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 4:51pm On Apr 26, 2008
I talk say Drogba needs to check his ego, na him them want crucify me. Lord Jesus! Please get some perspective. I made comment on his attitude, not his game. Against Arsenal, I was also the first to say that he had a great game. Even against Liverpool, people said he had a bad game but I said he had a good game. Why? Cos he provided a good outlet in the hot atmosphere whenever we had to pump the ball up to him. Unlike you Somze, I don't idolise players. I analyse the game based on its merit.

He did not have a great game today, he had an OK game. Don't brow-beat anyone into thinking otherwise. If that is a great game, I wonder what we will call the games that Messi, Ronaldo et al play. Out of this world? What will you say when he actually scores? That he is the greatest of all time?

You say he was the BEST player today by far. Really? So you did not see Essien and Ashley, even Ballack? Maybe instead of accusing me of being Anti-Drogba, I should accuse you of scuking his privates too much.

Ako, please go and stop yourself being exposed in the Odejayi thread before coming here to talk about DSTV boys.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by toluxa1(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2008
femikay, you were write on your prediction. Congratulations to Chelsea. My ass to 'Woman United'.

Chelsea 4 live.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2008
to pat lampard

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2008
Thanks to all arsenal fan
for their sincere support
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by vikiviko(m): 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2008
Fantastic displayy of character by Chelsea.
My man of the match is Ballack.
We are course for a double.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2008
[center]United In Bust-Up With Chelsea Ground Staff[/center]

Several of Manchester United's substitutes became embroiled in a tussle with Chelsea ground staff while warming down after their 2-1 defeat to the Blues,

The match was settled by Michael Ballack, who headed his side into the lead, then after a Ricardo Carvalho blunder allowed Wayne Rooney to equalise, it was Ballack who scored decisively with less than five minutes of normal time remaining, scoring a penalty after Michael Carrick was penalised for handball.

The result blows the title race wide open, and evidently emotions were running high even after the final whistle, as club captain Gary Neville, Patrice Evra, Paul Scholes, Gerard Pique and John O'Shea were involved in a post-match scuffle with the Chelsea ground staff.

It is alleged that the argument started when the players, in the process of a warm-down, were asked to move by the ground staff but refused. What was said from there on is not quite clear, but things quickly turned into a wrestling match, and the groups required separating by stewards.

After being separated, the peace did not last long. The spat resurfaced soon after, though there was no more physical altercation.

What consequence this will have for the ground staff and the Red Devils remains to be seen, as it is not quite clear who provoked whom and who will be held accountable for the incident.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mykali(m): 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2008
my only hope now is for westham to prove that they really are a thorn in MAN. UTD's flesh. they have to lose a point somehow or all this just doesn't end well. chelsea proved today that stamford bridge is really a fortress, and i expect that from them on wednesday against the REDS. up CHELSEA, 4 ETERNITY.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tkb417(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2008
Thanks to all arsenal fan
for their sincere support

Of course, why wont they support you guys
Failure begets failure

You both have things in common
empty cabinets and of course a trophyless season!
hehehehehehe
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by muhdjamiy: 7:08pm On Apr 26, 2008
mykali:

my only hope now is for westham to prove that they really are a thorn in MAN. UTD's flesh. they have to lose a point somehow or all this just doesn't end well. chelsea proved today that stamford bridge is really a fortress, and i expect that from them on wednesday against the REDS. up CHELSEA, 4 ETERNITY.
how cud u wish man u lost to westham after ur experience @ ur home ,o guy stop it am stil d champs
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2008
Drogba was phenomenal . .anyone that says otherwise is just trying to be foolish  cool

what a nice display by u chavs . . .Manure had it coming all game long and am actually happy for u lot that Grant finally made tactical subbings that seemed right . . .MAYBE Y'ALL SHOULD CONSIDER BEGGING RA TO MAKE HIM STAY  grin  grin

what happened between Ballack and Drogba was normal . . .THESE ARE TWO PASSIONATE PLAYERS THAT FELT THEY COULD PUT THE GADDEM BALL IN THE NET and his effort was decent (Drug_bar),

that led to Drogba conceding the taking of the spot=kick to Ballack, MAYBE ADEROGBA would have lost had he played the penariti  undecided  grin

all in all . . nice one y'all . . . . wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2008
Ibime
You really have to check your anti-drogba sentiments.

How come you did not say Ballack had an ego problem?

Drogba's performance was top notch. He single-handedly gifted Ballack for the first goal. He held up the ball and brought every other player into the game. Remember the pass he gave joe cole where joe left ferdinand on the ground? When our defense fell under pressure he held on to the ball, dribbled up to 3 opponents and gave great passes. Did you watch that match?

Drogba is the next freekick taker after Lampard and also a more senoir player in Chelsea. If anyone has the ego then it was Ballack. On top of it all Drogba allowed him to take the penalty and hugged him after that.

Dude u really have anti-Lampard and Drogba issues

Go to skysports and see his ratings
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by femikay149(m): 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2008
@ toluxa yes oh!!!! i predicted it here that chelsea 2 Woman Disunited 1 .I saw it coming.who wants to stop us @ stamford bridge. Up Blues

I don't like Avram Grant at all .But today i give him credit for his substitution that was really attack oriented and kept the pressure on Woman United .He did well today.

Liverpool  is next to fall @ stamford.

@ all But w@ do u think about the shameful argument between Drogba and Lampard on the field of play.Let me have your views
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ariblaze(m): 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2008
i hope

the bogey team theory works

we had a neat game today

but fate still has a lot to play in it
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ajadrage: 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2008
Hmmm, I kind of expected this you know, while all the attention of the season had been focused on arsenal and united's struggles for top place, Terry and his lads just wanted to prove a point and might I add here that the role as being played by Grant is more or less required. Na this one we dey call slow and steady grin. Any how, united still has the edge though but kudos must go the the chelsea players who albeit unexpectedly has provided us with an exciting epilogue to the premiership this season (something we haven't had for some while now). I am tempted to believe that these two teams would square up against each other in the European climax. How well can one express the dominance of the English game when the first and second placed teams in the pinnacle of English football face off in the ucl. . .

drooling grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2008
keep drooling . . . .it wont happen though cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:08am On Apr 27, 2008
somze:

Ibime
You really have to check your anti-drogba sentiments.

How come you did not say Ballack had an ego problem?

Drogba is the next freekick taker after Lampard and also a more senoir player in Chelsea. If anyone has the ego then it was Ballack. On top of it all Drogba allowed him to take the penalty and hugged him after that.

Dude u really have anti-Lampard and Drogba issues

Go to skysports and see his ratings

Firstly, your beloved Sky Sports commentators spent a whole five minutes castigating Drogba for his ego problems (ask Nateevs). I don't know what channel you guys watch the game in Naija but maybe you are missing some vital commentary.

Secondly, each club has designated penalty takers, of which Lampard is no1 and Ballack is no2 for Chelsea. So please don't try and make out that Drogba allowed Ballack to take the penalty because Drogba is lower down the designated list of penalty takers.

Thirdly, there are no designated free-kick takers at Chelsea or any club for that matter. Depending on the angle of the free-kick, the distance from goal, whether it favours a left foot or right foot - that is how free-kick takers are chosen. Drogba had just wasted a free-kick and the Sky Sports commentators said it was Ballacks turn to take the free kick and broadly castigated Drogba for acting like a prick. Even your beloved Steve Clarke got angry and had to take issue with Drogba about his pigheadedness.

The fact is that you idolise Drogba. I am not allowed to say anything bad about him or to you I have blasphemed. Bleep that. I am not into idol worship. Nateevs also doesn't like Drgs, neither does my brother inlaw who has supported Chelsea for 15 years. Many Chelsea fans called the radio station to criticise him. We are not anti-Drogs, we just have a different perspective. Maybe, we like a different style of football. Drogba is amazing in the air, but he is very poor on the ground. Maybe we prefer players who are better on the ground. Not cos we personally hate Drogba or anything.

You say I criticise Lamps but you virtually had his manliness in your mouth on Tuesday because you refused to concede he had made a mistake and actually blamed Maka for it. I am sure you have now repented of those views because everyone has said that Lamps was at fault. So who is anti-who and who is pro-who? You accuse me of being anti-Lamps and anti-Drogs. The fact is, I don't have a problem with Lamps. I want him to stay. I am just not happy with the kind of money he is asking for - I also criticise him when he plays poorly - as I do every player.

OK - you are anti-Makalele. Defend yourself.

As for Drogba's performance, he did all those things you say he did. That is why I said that he played OK. I say OK because I can also count the no of balls he miscontrolled, the no of passes he didn't see and also because he didn't score. Hence, it is an OK performance. A GREAT performance is a performance when he scores, terrorises the opposition, creates chances for himself etc. I don't know what you classify as great. If his performance in this game is great, then I don't know what you will say when he scores hattrick. They haven't invented that word in the dictionary yet. For your info, his BBC rating is 6.71, equal to John Terry. Ashley Cole, Essien and Ballack scored higher than him. Which is EXACTLY how I called it. And the BBC ratings are voted for by the fans. You said he was the best - and I said Ashley, Essien and Ballack played better. So who is correct and who is wrong? What game were YOU watching? Please stop all this unnecessary idol worship.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rasputinn(m): 8:30am On Apr 27, 2008
Hope y'all hardliners will now give Avram a break,he's delivering man.
Don't forget he's Jew,'em Jews av a way of pulling off difficult stunts and I'm rooting for 'im to land the EPL trophy (@ least since the trophy has passed my Emirates bus stop,then anywhere but Old Trafford is fine by me)

Una try yesterday.

Lamps,take heart on the loss of your moms
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rasputinn(m): 8:39am On Apr 27, 2008
ariblaze:

but fate still has a lot to play in it

Thanx 4 ur modesty,but fate or no fate
U guys made my day yesterday
PRONTO
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:11am On Apr 27, 2008
Still celebrating. . . . grin grin
What an end to the title race . . . .
I don't know what others think . . . . but Chelsea has been the best team in the premiership this year.
To think that we were once 7th in the league is crazy. .
Now we light fire ManU yansh. . and they have to pick up all the points. .doesn't mean our fixtures are easy anyway. .
I still do hope ManU drop points. . If they don't, well I'l be glad they did not have a stroll to the title. .

The UCL home leg approaches, and if we play the way we played Manure from the 1st half, we are in the finals no doubt. I don't see Liverpool coping with that type of pressure. Overall we have to score. . and if I think we have to score twice. . Definitely a goaless draw is good enough. . . we might have a Riise in our team and you neva know. 2 goals and that settles. It won't be an easy match, definitelt wouldn't. Benitez will throw in everything he's got.

Still I am hoping we come out tops. I refuse to talk about finals until after the match. A double is very much alive.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 11:29am On Apr 27, 2008
Ibime,
Are you saying there are no designated freekick takers? Or Corner kick takers?

Na wa o . . .

So we have only designated penalty takers.

Your incessant complaining about Drogba clearly displays you as anti-Drogba. Yesterday he kept the ball on the ground, he dribbled, he passed and he was involved in both goals (well more in the first than in the second). What else do you want? It's strange that neither Shevshenko or Anelka gets this much criticism from you. Maybe we should bench Drogba and let the non-scoring duo take his place. grin grin

Who are the top scorers in the club at the moment? Ballack, Anelka and Joe Cole? I think not. Ballack, Anelka and Joe are good players nonetheless and you dont see me complaining about them every other day.

Anti-Makalele? grin I think Obi answered that question yesterday. I have always made the case for Obi except that he picks up way too many cards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.