Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,169 members, 7,849,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:56 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (289174 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2008
I didn't see the match either but the radio said we played our best game this season
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 9:13pm On Oct 05, 2008
Finally, it seems that the fasting worked out well for Anelka
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 9:24pm On Oct 05, 2008
@ nateevs

u r obviously just ranting like a little girl. If u had the words to lay out like this before the game u would have had it. The fact that u didnt, and u are shielding with the fact i said what i said, thats lame. If i am pessimistic, i am sure it dosent bother ur optimism level so rest on yours.

since i said what i said u can go ahead and report me to scolari or to the fans club that should make you a shareholder. U probably are the owner of the club but trust me i deeply aint bothered. U didnt bring me to this thread or vice varsa so, give urself a holiday where i am concerned.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2008
@mustay

i did the fasting myself. Anelka is my candidate from start. Lol
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2008
@cabali

I didn't understand a damn word of what you were saying. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by vikiviko(m): 11:29am On Oct 06, 2008
Thanking God things are working to plans for us.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2008
Petr Cech was proud of Chelsea's performance yesterday as we dominated Aston Villa following a tricky Champions League fixture on Wednesday.

After an awesome first half to Sunday's game, where Aston Villa hardly broke past the centre circle, let alone test our keeper, it was a dramatic change from the mid-week match against Cluj.

'We looked much sharper in this game against Villa than Cluj,' explained Cech.

'We started really well, we didn't wait for anything, we just pressed them from the first second of the game and we took our chances from the start of the game.

'This was key because we got them a little bit nervous, then they felt it was going to be difficult for them.'

At last season's meeting at the Bridge, which saw sending offs for Ricardo Carvalho and Ashley Cole with away side losing a man too, it was Villa who took a two-goal lead. Chelsea fought back to lead the game before a Villa penalty in the dying moments levelled the score at 4-4.

But there were no red cards during this weekend's game, and Petr Cech hardly touched the ball during the match, instead watching the majority of Villa's chances fly wide as he achieved his 97th clean sheet for Chelsea.

'You always expect a really tough game against Villa and the last game we played against them it was a draw and it was a very tough, close and tight game.

'But we started really well and put them under pressure and then they couldn't find their confidence, because we played great football and we didn't allow them to have the ball.

'And it is always nice to get a clean sheet as well, especially in the tough games like that.

'For goalkeepers clean sheets are important, so I am always happy for the clean sheet, but I prefer to win than play 0-0, because three points is what matters.

'Today was an ideal result, because we won 2-0 and we kept the clean sheet, but when we kept the clean sheet against Cluj it wasn't the clean sheet for 1-0 or 2-0.'

So the Blues continue to preside at the top of the Barclays Premier League as we head into the international break.

However, after Liverpool's late comeback against Manchester City yesterday, it is only goal difference that keeps us in pole position, but Chelsea will use the confidence that first place gives when we return to Premier League football.

'It looked for the 80 minutes that Liverpool could lose some points, but we wanted to win our game and stay top of the league, so we can go with that positive feeling to our national teams,' said Cech.

'Now everyone has two weeks and when we come back we will have to concentrate again.

'We still have a few problems with injuries, and with that two weeks some of the guys will have time to recover and some of them will get match fitness with the national team, so in two weeks time they will be in better condition.

'Against Villa we saw the loss of Joe Cole and then Nicolas [Anelka], but we know we have a large squad with a lot of quality.

'So when Franco Di Santo came in, you could see he is a quality player and he can hold the ball, and I would say he did a similar job as Nicolas, so it was important for us.'

And with Ricardo Carvalho sidelined and Alex resting after a knock against Cluj, there was an opportunity for Branislav Ivanovic to play alongside John Terry, and Cech was impressed by the Serbian's performance.

'People have been talking since he joined the club about what sort of player he is to have been here for such a long time and not played yet.

'But he had a great game against Portsmouth in the Carling Cup, for me it was the best performance on that day, and this time he played as our inside defender and you can see the quality he has.

'So he has had to wait for his chance but he deserved that chance.'
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Uby40(m): 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2008
i earnest prayer for our team is consistency. November seems to be having an easy fixture for us.and that leaves us with the zeal to lead the park into the Yultide season. By this week last season,Arsenal were 2 point clear of ManUtd,who were 2nd,and we were 4th, thanks to the Breaking news of Jose's departure,and Avram grant started with a loss to Manutd. But now things have changed greatly,and i pray it stays d same. the match against Aston Villa is the best i've seen of the Blues this season. it cud have been 5-0 by half time and 9-0 by full time,if all the shots at goal were not saved,but for Brad fridel. i think our match against Liverpool,after Middlesbrough wud set us 6points off Arsenal and Manutd.Liverpool were never title contenders,so they are a minus to my blog.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2008
@Uby40

Great one bro! Consistency is the keyIt's started out very well. . and like you pointed out we could be very comfortable by December. . Liverpool will fall. . they would have lost to citeh. . not for the red card to Zabaleta.
I do not by any means regard them as contenders. . and anything short of victory for us would be disappointing!

I expect us to pick up 6pts sure points against Arsenal and Liverpool. . . While I expect ManU to draw against Arsenal at best. . . that's taking two more points off both of them . . 12pts ahead . . I can handle that. . The premiership ours!! them no get mouth.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2008
It is too early to start making mouth ooh i must warn you
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by chidipupay(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2008
I seriously pray that the tittle comes to stamford bridge this season, and that we should not drop any home point again. Because i think we are stronger away than home.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2008
A-40:

It is too early to start making mouth ooh i must warn you

same old line of yours
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2008
Well i am looking at the premiership and CL at least. We have proven that we dont get beat down by injury worries unlike man u. I saw Di santo play and i can say i like that boy.

liverpool will soon give way, i trust hull to make it happen. man u looses a point soon and we will be sitting quite pretty.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Sauron1: 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
cabali:

Well i am looking at the premiership and CL at least. We have proven that we don't get beat down by injury worries unlike Manchester United. I saw Di santo play and i can say i like that boy.

Carrick, Scholes, Hargreaves, Possebon, KitKat and United have won their last 4 games.

liverpool will soon give way, i trust hull to make it happen. Manchester United looses a point soon and we will be sitting quite pretty.

Keep dreaming!!!!
United ain't dropping any point till November.
You can take that to the bank with interest. tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2008
nah! am sure I won't get paid.

hull mess y'all up; that is what can be take o the bank. except ur guy does the diving at d right time.'
'but u know ur team is pivoted at ronaldo, u know how u were messing up wen he wasn't available. I am saying there hasn't been that with chelsea this season; any injury, we still gat homeboys representing
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2008
Mustay:

same old line of yours

Ok we shall see ooh.I would remind you this is just matchday 7 shit can still hit the fan tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Sauron1: 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2008
cabali:

nah! am sure I won't get paid.

hull mess y'all up; that is what can be take o the bank. except ur guy does the diving at d right time.'
'but u know ur team is pivoted at ronaldo, u know how u were messing up when he wasn't available. I am saying there hasn't been that with chelsea this season; any injury, we still gat homeboys representing

I remember the barren draw against Cluj(ranked 210 in Europe) grin grin grin grin grin
What about the draw against Tottenham(bottom team) at SB.
It is no coincidence that the insipid display by Chelsea is because DECO is unavailable. grin tongue

United played tough games at the start of the season. It had nuthing to do with Ronaldo's absence.
Compare the results last season when he played and was in a blistering form. Draws at Pompey/Blackburn comes to mind.
United is not a one man team. Please respect that.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:52pm On Oct 07, 2008
@Sauron

Even though it's hard not to conceed that Chelsea will undoubtedly play better if Deco was around. . at the same time it'l be cynical to think Chelsea is a one man team. . Chelsea did not play with Deco on the weekend. . What about that? And while Chelsea is missing out on Drogba, Carvalho, Deco, Anelka, Essien, Alex and Injuries to Terry, Cole and Lampard. . . you are equating that with Carrick, Hargreaves, and others . . . Why don't you try to do away with. .

Tevez - Drogba.
Vidic - Carvalho.
Ronaldo - Deco
Hargreaves - Essien
O'Shea - Alex.
Rooney - Anelka

and then come back to tell us what you can do without these . . only in this situation can you compare the depths in the Chelsea team to any other in the premiership. .

even if ManU don't drop a point till December as long as Chelsea don't drop a point . . . You guys are still far behind. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:54pm On Oct 07, 2008
A-40:

Ok we shall see ooh.I would remind you this is just matchday 7 shit can still hit the fan tongue

We were having a discussion with League contenders. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 11:55pm On Oct 07, 2008
[b]LAMPARD POSITIVE ON GERRARD DEBATE

Frank Lampard sees no reason why he and Steven Gerrard should not be able to forge a formidable partnership at the heart of England's midfield.

Manager Fabio Capello is believed to be considering re-uniting fit-again Liverpool captain Gerrard with the Chelsea star for the World Cup qualifier against minnows Kazakhstan at Wembley on Saturday.

It would be a change in policy for the Italian, who utilised Aston Villa's Gareth Barry alongside Lampard to great effect in the 4-1 victory against Croatia in Zagreb.

Despite the duo rarely seeming to work well together in the past - although each appeared to thrive when playing individually for England - Capello knows if his team are to reach South Africa 2010 and then progress to the latter stages then getting the best out of the world-class pair could prove key.

Lampard insisted players of their calibre should be able to find a solution which works.

"We both have not played as well for England as we have for our clubs, particularly over the last two seasons," he said.

"I think if we had done, we probably would have qualified for the Euros, but we haven't.

"It's something to work on and for the manager to decide the best way forward. I would like to think it can work.

"I don't think we are stupid players and I don't think we are egotistical. We both care passionately about playing for our country, and we both want to play well.

"It certainly should work in theory and it is up to us to make it work.

"When you look at how we both play for our clubs, if we can play somewhere near to that level that would be a bonus for England."

The 30-year-old Chelsea midfielder feels the new coaching regime, appointed after Steve McClaren's failure to qualify for Euro 2008, might just give the partnership the chance to finally come together effectively.

"Maybe we are in a better environment for it to improve now," he said.

"I am not saying we didn't train hard before, but there is a lot more emphasis on the tactical work now.

"We will be doing a double training session tomorrow and there will be a lot of work put into these things."

Lampard added: "In the past we probably did just discuss it in the dressing room and say 'If one sees the other go, they stay back'.

"But there's no better environment to learn than with Capello and the way we are working now.

"Maybe now it is just a matter of time - although let's hope it's not too long because we are not getting any younger."

Lampard, however, feels talk over whether or not he and Gerrard can play in the same side must not overshadow the bigger picture.

"From the outside, we have to stop worrying about individual players," he said.

"England as a team can get criticised for playing as individuals, but then the critics break it down into looking at individuals.

"What we need to do now is to look at the team. We might play against Kazakhstan and win 3-0, and people might say 'Frank Lampard didn't play as well as he did for his club and Steven Gerrard did', or the other way round.

"That shouldn't be so much the issue. Really now we have to get back to basics as a group."

Lampard has found a new lease of life under Luiz Felipe Scolari at Stamford Bridge, with club form having a positive impact on his England role.

In Zagreb the Chelsea midfielder revealed he had been asked to play "in a pretty disciplined way", which came off as both Walcott and Joe Cole - out this weekend because of a foot injury - made the most of their new-found freedom.

"I try to do the best job I can in that position," Lampard said.

"It's about the team and if that means restricting the way you normally get forward for your club then you have to try to do that.

"I wasn't asked to hold, I was asked to play in a pretty disciplined way.

"I think it's pretty obvious when you play with Theo Walcott, Joe Cole and two strikers and you go to a place like Croatia where they can knock the ball about it, if you leave Gareth Barry on his own in midfield you are going to get exposed.

"That's the way it started and as the game wore on and they went down to 10 men we took more control and we had more chances to get forward, but you have to take each game as it comes." [/b]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 3:56am On Oct 08, 2008
nateevs:

We were having a discussion with League contenders. . .
Leave story for tortoise.I say again there are still 31 games to be played
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2008
A-40:

and I say there's still enough time to stop ranting.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2008
A-40:

For you there are 31 games to struggle with. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Sauron1: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2008
nateevs:

@Sauron

Even though it's hard not to conceed that Chelsea will undoubtedly play better if Deco was around. . at the same time it'l be cynical to think Chelsea is a one man team. . Chelsea did not play with Deco on the weekend. . What about that? And while Chelsea is missing out on Drogba, Carvalho, Deco, Anelka, Essien, Alex and Injuries to Terry, Cole and Lampard. . . you are equating that with Carrick, Hargreaves, and others . . . Why don't you try to do away with.

Tevez - Drogba.
Vidic - Carvalho.
Ronaldo - Deco
Hargreaves - Essien
O'Shea - Alex.
Rooney - Anelka

Drogba--Manucho. grin
Carvalho--Vidic(we managed that against Chelsea at SB).
Deco--Scholes(Deco cannot score 42 goals in a season like Ronaldo).
Essien--Hargreaves
Alex--Johnny Evans.
Anelka--Danny Welbeck. grin tongue

United will cope with injuries more than Chelsea can ever cope.
The strength in depth at Old Trafford is frightening!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2008
~Sauron~:

Drogba--Manucho. grin
Carvalho--Vidic(we managed that against Chelsea at SB).
Deco--Scholes(Deco cannot score 42 goals in a season like Ronaldo).
Essien--Hargreaves
Alex--Johnny Evans.
Anelka--Danny Welbeck. grin tongue

United will cope with injuries more than Chelsea can ever cope.
The strength in depth at Old Trafford is frightening!!!

Gbam!!!

How will you compare Deco{A spent force} to Ronnie{A big prospect}

Suicidal!!! shocked
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2008
PLs where is the united dept pls. I mean dept woth quality. Can u guys play a match without rooney, tevez, ronaldo all at once? U try that amd u r ruined for tje season. Name the composition of ur depth please.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by chidipupay(m): 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2008
all i can say is that united should go and fit for carling cup. Please don't be deceived with last years game. With what i am seeing now chelsea are not ready to drop a point and they are not ready to let more goals in their post.

It is certain that united cannot play without
Vidic
Ronaldo
Rooney
trevez

Dem go rundown badly. The diver is arround. and that showed in Boltons game,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2008
@nateevs
You have every right to talk greasy now i just hope your words wouldn't give you indigestion at the end of the day
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2008
A-40:

@nateevs
You have every right to talk greasy now i just hope your words wouldn't give you indigestion at the end of the day

I undersand how you feel bro. . but some things are just outrightly impossible. . . uhhhmmmm liiiiiikkkkeeee!!! Okay! Like Arsenal winning a trophy this season . . I mean under what class of possibilties do you include that?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2008
@darefeutus. .

Ok! Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season. . . it will never happen again . . . Ronaldo cannot do what Deco does at 27 let alone 31? You are looking at age . . I am looking at Class . . you are lucky I matched them . . I should not by any football standards.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by vicade(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2008
Ronaldo > Deco
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2008
@Sauron. .

there's a big difference between propping your team up and talking facts. . . United can cope with more injuries that Chelsea?. . . I'm sure you know in your mind that's bollocks with CAPITAL LETTERS. . United cannot win anything without Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo and Vidic. . . Simple . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.