Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? (2482 Views)

10 Naija Women Were Asked If A Man’s “size” Mattered- Their Responses Are Surpri / 5 Weird Things Some Naija Girls Do / It Is Now A Crime To Help Some Naija Ladies In Need. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by HRhotness(f): 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2008
Riskie:

My mom is a single parent as well. So,I'm not saying it's always a horrid thing.

Sweety that is exactly what u r saying

Our society is rotting and deteriorating and this is one of the major reasons why.

Why are Nigerian women so content with being single mothers? I have seen far too many. I don't think many of them realize the effects that not growing up without a father has on the children.

Mind the way u use words,
u r entitled to ur opinions but suggesting that single parents r d reason d reason for all the troubles in d Nigerian society is pushing it. . . if u have issues with d way u were raised, i suggest u discuss it with ur mum. . . i wldnt trade d way i was raised for anything and i am infact proud of the fact that some women have d guts to go it on their own. i do hav a relationship with my dad, being raised by a single parent doesnt mean u dont hav a father. verything can b handled maturely. . . i understood d situation between my folks from an early age and my mother helped me deal with it. i appreciate it all more now and am infact proud of what my mum achieved. i probably wld do d same.
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Riskie(f): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
I don't have any issues with how I was raised, thank you very much. My parents didn't divorce until I was 15.

The problem is not being a single parent. The problem is the way it happens and what happens thereafter to the children mostly.

The way you were raised and that you have a relationship with your dad is your experience. I have also had a very nice one with my father. That is my personal experience. But this is not the case with all people raised in single parent homes. In fact most of the people I know who were raised in such situations didn't have it so nice.

The issue that I'm talking about is how some women enter into risky relationships and don't think about the future and how what they do may affect their children. They do things like intentionally getting pregnant without a commitment or any assurance of one and don't think about how the kids may feel later when they only have one parent.

Anyway maybe what I'm saying sounds offensive or I'm not doing a good job of explaining what I'm trying to say, so I'm not going to say anything anymore. I guess next time I'll keep my opinions to myself and just post smileys on other people's threads.
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by HRhotness(f): 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2008
Riskie:

I don't have any issues with how I was raised, thank you very much. My parents didn't divorce until I was almost 20.

that doesnt count then. . . u werent raised by a single parent, your parent split after u were above d age of consent!

The issue that I'm talking about is how some women enter into risky relationships and don't think about the future and how what they do may affect their children. They do things like intentionally getting pregnant without a commitment or any assurance of one and don't think about how the kids may feel later when they only have one parent.

Believe it or not there r actually women out there who plan d whole thing, who actually set out to have children for themseleves, hav no interest in getting married. . . u may call that selfish but they are fully aware of the risks and problems involved and fully prepared for it.

Anyway maybe what I'm saying sounds offensive or I'm not doing a good job of explaining what I'm trying to say, so I'm not going to say anything anymore. I guess next time I'll keep my opinions to myself and just post smileys on other people's threads.

It does sound offensive to people lik my brother and I. . . and insulting to people lik my mum.
I suggest u stick to keeping your opinions to yourself if u can't express them without meaning to insult people
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Riskie(f): 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
I've never told you to keep your opinion to yourself although I've seen several posts from you that I have found offensive. Anyway, whatever.

Hope everything's ok with your mom and her health.  smiley
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by HRhotness(f): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2008
Riskie:

I've never told you to keep your opinion to yourself although I've seen several posts from you that I have found offensive. Anyway, whatever.

Hope everything's ok with your mom and her health. smiley

I dont go around stating my opinion in offensive ways. . . but no hard feelings!

my mum's good. . . thanx for asking! grin
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by RibaduFan(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2008
@riskie

I don't usually do romance, the only reason am here is to read your posts. I love the way u express yourself
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Riskie(f): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
yemmyse:

@riskie

I don't usually do romance, the only reason am hear is to read your posts. I love the way u express yourself

That's nice. wink
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by RibaduFan(m): 10:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
she never said that. She has never said anything bad
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Riskie(f): 10:52pm On Sep 01, 2008
Wallah! Shinu hadtha? Enta majnoon, wala shou? Fi mushkila
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by RibaduFan(m): 10:54pm On Sep 01, 2008
@riskie

sorry i won't compliment u again. Y all these cursing?
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Riskie(f): 10:55pm On Sep 01, 2008
It's not even a curse. undecided You don't even know what it says.
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by RibaduFan(m): 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2008
@riskie

ok interpret. Anyway i trust u sha, u re too fine to curse
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by HRhotness(f): 10:59pm On Sep 01, 2008
i see a love-struck puppy grin
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Riskie(f): 11:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
HR.hotness:

i see a love-struck puppy grin
L O L!

@yemmyse: I said:
"By God, what is this?*** *** *****, ** ****?Hope there's no problem." grin
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by RibaduFan(m): 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2008
Problem me? I dont think so.
It is just that i cant mine eyes off ur pics
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Riskie(f): 11:08pm On Sep 01, 2008
yemmyse:

Problem me? I don't think so.
It is just that i can't mine eyes off your pics

I have just the solution:

Stop looking at my profile.
Eureka!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ Topic

I am a guy so it difficult for me to speak categorecally. BUT. ,

I see nothing wrong with women wanting to be single mothers (as long as they know who there baby-daddy is). (my opinion)
I think this single mother mentally thing is another evidence of western civilization slowly eating away our Traditions and cultures.
Normally it would be taboo for a girl to have a child outside of wedlock but. . . shit changed.

But I'll be damned if any child of mine opts to be a single mother, a queer/lesbian or a freaking pastor.
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by ikamefa(f): 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
Okija_juju:

@ Topic

I am a guy so it difficult for me to speak categorecally. BUT.  ,

I see nothing wrong with women wanting to be single mothers (as long as they know who there baby-daddy is). (my opinion)
I think this single mother mentally thing is another evidence of western civilization slowly eating away our Traditions and cultures.
Normally it would be taboo for a girl to have a child outside of wedlock but.  .  . shit changed.

But I'll be damned if any child of mine opts to be a single mother, a queer/lesbian or a freaking pastor.

erhmmmmmmmmm this man what do you have against pastors?  tongue tongue

at the risk of sounding stupid  is the name okija-juju a new pseudo-name for esss? c o s you sound post like him  smiley
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by shilling(f): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2008
There's nothing wrong with being a single mom although having a man in the house is quite the ideal situation. Many children raised by their moms alone end up being normal and sometimes even better than those raised by a mom and dad
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:00am On Sep 04, 2008
ikamefa:

erhmmmmmmmmm this man what do you have against pastors? tongue tongue

at the risk of sounding stupid is the name okija-juju a new pseudo-name for esss? c o s you sound post like him smiley

I think a pastors are phony hustlers. A pastor nearly broke up my family with crazy prophecies just for money.
And WTF is ess??
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by ikamefa(f): 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2008
Okija_juju:

I think a pastors are phony hustlers. A pastor nearly broke up my family with crazy prophecies just for money.
And WTF is ess?? 

ma bad!  @Esss is a NLander  thought twas you c o s peeps change their ids in here a lot.

abeg carry go!
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by mikedanza(m): 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2008
@ riskie
i'm at DIAC, hult. can we see b4 i leave for naija on thursday? i stay at the green community.
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by tatenda: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2008
To Riskie, whatever that means, It`s not your place to spend your life judging people especially the young girls. A person can also become single not by choice. A whole lot of women are in miserable marriages and if one quits that institution, automatically they become single mothers. Don`t come here and talk kak!!!!!
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Kipaji: 1:09am On Dec 12, 2022
Riskie:
Why are Nigerian women so content with being single mothers? I have seen far too many. I don't think many of them realize the effects that not growing up without a father has on the children.

I've noticed especially the younger generations think nothing of having children out of wedlock. It's so normal. WTF? Learn to use contraception if you can't be abstinent. I'm not trying to be a do-gooder. I'm only saying Nigerian women need to be more careful in relationships. I'm sick of hearing women blaming their idiocy on men. If you were not raped, you have no right to complain if you get stuck with an unwanted baby. What some Nigerian women are doing just makes the men think they can just use them and abandon them with the baby/babies because it has become such a normalcy.

I know this happens everywhere in the world but I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about us. We don't need to use other people as a measurement. Our society is rotting and deteriorating and this is one of the major reasons why.

OP you tried to put some sense into these women. But, as you realize, women's brains cannot receive anything that makes them feel bad, irrespectively of whether it's logical and beneficial to them.
You tried.
Re: Why Do Some Naija Women Think Being A Single Mom Is Ok? by Amumaigwe: 2:59am On Dec 12, 2022
tope2000:
my question are
have u been married??
do you have child??

if the answers are no, then you are not qualify to start this thread

Are you a single mother? What happened to your marriage?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Really? / Why Do Ladies Adjust When They See Me? / He Is A Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.