Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,569 members, 7,955,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:11 PM

Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome (12315 Views)

Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? / Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. / Google Announces Own OS (Google Chrome OS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by zoraro(m): 2:41am On Sep 06, 2008
by d way, is it a general problem or is it only my mouse scroller that doesn't scroll upwards in google chrome

No such problem here. I can scroll up and down with my mouse wheel.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by xheggs(m): 7:03am On Sep 06, 2008
zoraro:

@zoraro
dont mind them oo.,.,.na bef
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by jjboy(m): 8:21am On Sep 06, 2008
Downloaded and installed Google chrome the day it was out. The UI and speed is ok but it lacks many features in other browsers unable to login to hotmail. Still in beta I wait to see the final release. For now I’m still a fan of IE7 which uses less resource on my system and text aliasing which is only implemented in IE7+ and safari. Got IE browses faster using Google Web Accelerator. FF is also nice and I prefer it to Google Chrome.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by Seun(m): 9:36am On Sep 06, 2008
zoraro:

The early version of the browser had some bugs that have been fixed in the latest version.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by IBEXY(m): 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2008
Mozilla Firefox is the best browser ever. You will appreciate it more when you are a web developer. There are lots of resources to make life easier. Take  Firebug for instance. This pluggin is a dream come for HTML or CSS editing/debuging. I was using IE (and facing the constant crashings) until I discovered Firefox and the pluggin - Firebug.

I downloaded Chrome and am using it right now (just curiosity. am going back to firefox) I found it a bit faster than firefox or IE explorer. I heard in future, google intends to run applications directly on the internet. They already have their google docs and other applications online for free. The aim of chrome is to become a secure and and quality platform for running applications just like an operating system. That means, your word processor, spreadsheet etc will be loaded direct from google servers. Good news because it will all be free. Chrome is also open source (just like firefox) so for the gurus among us, a fresh platform to exercise the brain.

One major drawback for Chrome is that it runs only windows operating system. MAC or Linux users gotta wait ):
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by ayo2pec(m): 12:01am On Sep 07, 2008
If firefox is good the chrome must be excellent am trying to download it right now, a advice that we all do this,only change is permanent.

www.developafrica..com
www.ebusinessinakit.com
www.weightlosguru.com
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by pie1ect(m): 12:01am On Sep 09, 2008
Like everything google comes up with, the secret is simplicity - keeping everything as simple as can be.

This UI (chrome) is second to none. My initial fear was that google would try to make it too much about "google" in order to protect their coporate identity but that doesn't see to be the case. On first loading the browser, it asks you to either keep google as your default search engine or change to any other one of your choice. And then of course there's all the other features - tabs, speed, easy navigation. I'm really curious to see how far they can go with this.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by bigboyslim(m): 3:23am On Sep 09, 2008
Has anyone noticed how if you are on facebook and trying to view pictures, the next and previous buttons do not allow you to scroll from one picture to the other. I have been noticing this for a while now with the Google Chrome browser.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by tassmal(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2008
Google have done it again, thanks for the info about chrome. been using for a few days now no probs. it just clean and beautiful. the tabs are lovely.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by IBEXY(m): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2008
bigboyslim:
Has anyone noticed how if you are on facebook and trying to view pictures, the next and previous buttons do not allow you to scroll from one picture to the other. I have been noticing this for a while now with the Google Chrome browser.
Chrome sacrificed quality for fastness. Its got issues rendering or displaying images. I design websites and I found several display flaws that are not there in firefox or IE. Anyway, Chromes is still in BETA mode so thats enough excuse for any anomalies.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by kkkossy(m): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2008
google chrome is f**king fast. i think am a fan now.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by capsmo(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2008
abeg na which kain gramma una dey blow 4here?
if u need google use it, if na yahoo search u need use am.
ko soro
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by flyuche(m): 2:58am On Sep 11, 2008
just like all google apps, chrome will remain beta for ever.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by diehard(m): 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2008
Before we start celebrating how fast google chrome, please note that the security of the browser is suspect. A lot of user are now complaining about the security risk. worms and virus can easily attack your computer from public forum site like Myspace and facebook. and worst of all google do not have a security support service like microsoft have for their IE7

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1858
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by alex406(m): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2008
Google Chrone can never be compared to any browser for now.try and use it and feel the difference.Explorer came out and we hoped it will be the best but now its among the worst.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by timbabng(m): 8:39pm On Sep 14, 2008
the black skin for the google chrome is very nice, download here:

black chrome - http://guptashubham123.googlepages.com/google-chrome-black.zip

other chrome skins - http://www.chromestyles.com/

To install these themes, download from the link and copy the default.dll file(found in zip) and replace the one found in:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application.2.149.27\Themes\

Windows Vista: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\0.2.149.27\Themes\

Note: Don’t forget to make backup of default theme file before replacing with new one.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by Fimmy(m): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2008
have it on my pc but i prefer Mozilla Firefox
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 16, 2008
google is new to the web browser world, i think they need to modify a few things

mine crashed a couple of time so enuf of the anti-crash browser
and you stand a good chance of loosing ur download.
see attached image

their password field is in tiny ugly dots

i will stick to my firefox

Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by lordimpaq(m): 8:12am On Sep 17, 2008
well, not bad, but why does it have to create a process for every tab opened its making my task manager look clumsy with chrome.exe all over the place,
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by Mustay(m): 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2008
IBEXY:

Mozilla Firefox is the best browser ever. You will appreciate it more when you are a web developer.

I love Mozilla.

It's fantastic and fast (but not for dial-up connections).

as a web developer, I don't agree you will love it. IE and Crazy browser preview pages in similar patterns but Mozilla needs lots of modifications
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by mafolayomi(f): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2008
Not all sites support it now. Its kinda dissapointing if u forget to have the other browsers at hand while carrying out stuffs like transactions and running activex.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by neowelsh(m): 2:53pm On Oct 06, 2008
google browser is ok

but

safari browser is better
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by bronxe007(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2008
Google Chrome is good. I really love it.

1. It works like Mozilla.
2. It saved web pages in thumbnails.
3. It's fast,

I commend Google on this development. That's what i use for now,
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by Seun(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2008
timba_bng:

the black skin for the google chrome is very nice, download here:

black chrome - http://guptashubham123(dot)googlepages(dot)com/google-chrome-black.zip

other chrome skins - http://www.chromestyles.com/

To install these themes, download from the link and copy the default.dll file(found in zip) and replace the one found in:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application.2.149.27\Themes\

Windows Vista: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\0.2.149.27\Themes\

Note: Don’t forget to make backup of default theme file before replacing with new one.
I would not be so quick to trust third party themes distributed as executables. Any official themes?
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by jujukemist(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2008
I down loaded it 2weeks ago. Cool faster with my starcomms dial u. google chrome should make IE to sit up,IE is not rugged. i belive fire fox is. While chrome is fastest.
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 11, 2008
@ all,
the problem associated with google chrome is that you must be connected to the internet when setup is running, aint that rubbish? firefox, opera dont all work that way, they all can be installed in ofline mode
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by jujukemist(m): 10:12am On Oct 11, 2008
Chrome is just preparing us for the future- a continuous virtual online life. Welcome to the wireless life
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by heebakutty: 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2011
yes sure google Chrome is the best browser, when i was using chrome, my internet browsing was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed
http://www.scanmyspeed.com/
and it was normal subscribed 5Mbps, i was using firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .
But the only one advantage with firefox is that it has more add ons, which makes things much easier
Re: Google Browser Challenges Microsoft: Google Chrome by neallbeck(m): 7:37am On Mar 17, 2012
Google chrome is a best web browser which developed by Google. It is very simple web browser which with amazing features. It has wonderful security system which attract to users because it make safe data of users from hackers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tips To Protect Yourself From Laptop Radiation: / @@@ Do You Need A Professional Website(Jumia, Olx, Courier ETC) / Community(P2P) / I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.