Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? - Dating And Meet-up Zone (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? (9341 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by sima(f): 7:12am On Sep 09, 2008
idupaul:

Then remain on hi5 please.
am not goin back 2 dat borin hi5. . . i've had fun wit it 4 a year n' i guess dats all i can get 4rm d site. . it's mega borin nw
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by demoney08: 8:56am On Sep 09, 2008
The honest truth is that theres nothing special about facebook its just another web hit just like previous hits hi5, myspace and friendster. frienster used to be the top social site not until myspace came along and it used to be myspace not until hi5 tried to come in and facebook is the ruler now, its only a matter of little time before something new comes up and its a business, its about the buzz, it only takes some years. Like in Nigeria there use to be a social site called www.legwork.com but now its history because theres a newer one called www.naijapals.com which people flock to and making it to rule now because of the way these things are its like musical tracks, they make hits and ruled.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by PiMpjUiCe1: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2008
which kain question b dis? whats fascinating about d opportunity to meet friends for 2oyrs ago, friends u never thot u could meet till u die. whats so fascinatin about being able to share ur pics and videos with ur friends? whats so fascinating about the chance to send a message to all ur friends at once. whats so fascinating about an nopportunity to take ur business beyond where ur legs can reach? i tire for dis nairalandes sef, i ieven read some1 coparing fb with naiiraland, shiio!

u berra upgrade urselves and quit hating!
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by nana(f): 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2008
Am a die-hard facebook addict. Yeah,i no dey shame! I've met lots of cool peeps on that site,met some relatives i never knew existed,met old school mates. Been a registered member for 2 yrs and my passion for the site is still the same. Just the way i love NL.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Bensoul(m): 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2008
is there a crime in joining the best after nairaland?i dont believe there is one.stop playerhating becos ur father dey facebook.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by souleymon(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2008
They have said it.Its all about Facebooking.I have met alot of past Faces.Moreover its about supporting the youth Innovation.The Founder is Guru.Facebook has made him one of the youngest Billionaires in the world.Can u beat that, I guess Nairaland ought to make its founder one of the millionaires in the country as well,cos lots of Nigerians in and outside visit this site on a daily base
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by pku(f): 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2008
I,m interested in joining the facebook stuff solely to locate long lost friends. Can anyone please give me the full address (link)?

thanks.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by nana(f): 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2008
pku:

I,m interested in joining the facebook stuff solely to locate long lost friends. Can anyone please give me the full address (link)?

thanks.
shocked
www.facebook.com
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by ai100: 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2008
attention pls am looking 4 a job(pre sevice) any one who can help pls email aishakeys05@yahoo.com
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by idupaul: 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2008
pku:

I,m interested in joining the facebook stuff solely to locate long lost friends.  Can anyone please give me the full address (link)?

thanks.

Jeez where have u been, www.facebook.com
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by pku(f): 4:36pm On Sep 09, 2008
thank you all; my job does not give me adequate time to visit this link. I have been having problems with my link at home. I missed you all though. So full of trouble, yet so interesting people.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by funmeme(f): 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2008
Face book na the balm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by MustardInc: 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2008
SERIOUSLY, APART FROM THE REUNION

IT'S THE NEW DEFINITION OF BOREDOM!!!

, You Go STILL KNOW @ Mr & Mrs Enthusiasts
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by hadiza30(f): 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2008
Hmmm i wonder what is amazing about facebook. I like hi5 better.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by bolaoni(m): 6:45pm On Sep 09, 2008
I have been hearing of a cousin for years and haven't seen her since I came to this world. All thanks to FB,
we are now in constant touch, even speaking on phone. Mind you, she is based in the UK.

I met another Cousin I have NEVER heard of or know exists some weeks back. She is also in the UK and we met
at a family event this weekend. I met, last week, some old pals that we lost contact since we left school in 2002.

I wonder if this would have been possible if not for FaceBook.

There is so much fascinating about FB o. smiley
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by churchmann: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2008
as for me is nice ,alot of friends there
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by idonland(m): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2008
Facebook is for more than finding old friends, facebook keeps you up to date with whats going on in your friends lives. for people living in Naija its easy to stay current with your friends lives but for those of us that are here in yankee its a very useful tool. It gives you the ability to upload as many pictures as you want, so you can use it to store photos if you are into photography like i am. The big difference between facebook and most other neworking sites is security, facebook is way more secure than the others, if i dont want you to know im on facebook you will never see my name much less my profile. also you can provide restricted access to what people can see, so i can let mr A only see basic stuff while i left mr B see more and then ms C see everything. most other sites its all or nothing.

Also facebook can be a great marketing tool i know i definitely use it to market and promote stuff.

Oh and by the way facebook has been around for years now, i joined in december 2004 and i have seen it evolve into what it is now. If facebook isnt all that why have myspace and other sites adopted so many of its ideas and principles?
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by mide312(m): 10:32pm On Sep 09, 2008
MARK ZUCKERBERG now worths $1.5billie  at 24

Thanks to  FACEBOOK

That makes him the Youngest self Made Billionaire

The More people on it The more Revenue the Young Blood Rakes

Good for Him

Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by auwal87(m): 12:45am On Sep 10, 2008
There is Something Fascinating about Facebook because Facebook CEO (Mark Zuckerberg) is a Thief because he stole the work from his Harvard classmate Mr. Greenspan, this person was the original founder of the website before Mark seize it as he was requested to make some few lines of codes, they are currently in Court for that. Check this website for the full story http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/01/technology/01facebook.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5088&en=51123cf8c8a1c299&ex=1346299200&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Then, the CEO of Microsoft (Bill Gates) is also a Thief, because the Idea of Microsoft was first brought up by his classmate too!! Now, we see,  the self made billionaires are originally, what? Thieves!, Originally What? Thieves!!!, Originally What? Thieves!!!, Originally What? Thieves!!!.

Okay, now let us consider this, all of the two above are HARVARD DROPOUTS!!!, Hahahahahahahaha, they SEE MONEY! They Love $$$ They Don't need the Degree, but guess what you must have a SUMA CUM LAUDE grade in your papers before you can setup your foot on those firms,  You see,  Hmmmm, this guys, hmmmm,  I just dey wonda how d world will be a better place with things like this dey happen all d time,

Don't say I did not tell you now, FACEBOOK is ****ING SHIT!!! Because the CEO is *****ING THIEF!!!
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 10, 2008
Facebook equals networking, advertising, reconnecting, stalking, everything, ha, ive met friends i lost contact with for over 10 yrs, and of course when ur bored, try lookin at pictures of people, so, until another great social networking site comes along, Lets all facebook it!
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by JUNIT1(m): 6:41am On Sep 10, 2008
facebook rocks.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by yommys01(m): 9:26am On Sep 10, 2008
Honestly Facebook is one of the best Social sites I have joined in recent time. I used it to generate traffic for my football forum ( see my signature for link ) but made the stupid mistake of spamming them and was pushed out. Though I did not stay long in there but the result was massive and fun.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Jokhe: 9:41am On Sep 10, 2008
Facebook won't be so fascinating as soon as Nairaland upgrades. I can't even change my username, pity sad sad
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Aiyetunje: 10:21am On Sep 10, 2008
Very soon . . . the next question will be what's fascinating about GOOGLE !?!

A lot of people have stated many things on my mind about FB! No need to emphasise more!
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by ohaechesi(m): 11:40am On Sep 10, 2008
My people, how i go take join or access the facebook link?
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by feg: 12:36pm On Sep 10, 2008
[i][/i]for those of you who dont seem to think facebook is a good interactive site obviously had no friends and still dont have friends sad quel dommage![color=#770077][/color]
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by ikhideman(m): 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ auwal87.

Dont judge a matter that is still in court becos u werent there (& u werent told either) when the codes were been made. It seems u have beef with these bilionaires or people that were smart. There's a difference between thinking about doing something and actually doing it.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by yoci(f): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2008
FB is 1 of the best innovations ever created,ny1 dat doesnt use it is nt current.But at d same time we need 2 b security consciense coz som pep jst put thr hole life story thr
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by yoci(f): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2008
FB is 1 of the best innovations ever created,ny1 dat doesnt use it is nt current.But at d same time we need 2 b security consciense coz som pep jst put thr hole life story thr
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by auwal87(m): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2008
ikhideman:

@ auwal87.

Dont judge a matter that is still in court because u werent there (& u werent told either) when the codes were been made. It seems u have beef with these bilionaires or people that were smart. There's a difference between thinking about doing something and actually doing it.

Yeah, I think nothing will happen even after the Trial has ended, I did not make any Judgement yet. That guy did not actually think bout it, HE do it, he make it, MARK ZUCKERBERG stole the PHP codes from his mate's PC and re-create another website with it, he started inviting his old friends, LOL, is about them don't worry, Facebook is not dying, Is Alive I know, okay?

For the meantime, let us enjoy it (I am a registered member of Facebook for two years now), but It did little or no help to me, But I know I helped them, every single member helped Mark Zuckerberg, Being smart is different from being a billionaire like Bill or Mark, Since Mark is not the INVENTOR of PHP that was used in creating the facebook, and Bill is NOT the INVENTOR of BASIC that was used in creating Windows,
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by ikhideman(m): 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2008
Facebook is really a work of art; its quite fascinating because you are able to connect with old friends anywhere in the world who you lost contact with & thereafter enagage in networking which could lead to the signing of business deals. Never underestimate the power of networking.

Those who are saying there's no big deal about facebook, dont know what to use it for;Maybe someone should show them!!!

As for the person who said the founder of facebook is a thief, that person should wait for the court's decision on the matter before saying anything because he(or she) wasn't there when it all happened. Also, there's a GREAT difference between the person who is still reasoning an idea & another who acts out an idea.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by blackracle(m): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2008
i don't see the big deal with facebook. i just believe it is for jobless people.people with important things won't just sit down and spend time on face book.
come to think of it, i'm on FACEBOOK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Want A Man To Be With / I Need A Real Man! :'( / Babe!'s Corner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.