Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? - Dating And Meet-up Zone (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? (9338 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2008
As per facebook, i just hope no arm-robber uses it to track down one family or person,
or how about a classmate dat has had beef with u suddenly adding u as a friend, chatting u up, and when u guys meet, he pours acid on u??
Scary stuff huh!
butit can happen, and i know it won't happen in nairaland!!
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by kodderone(m): 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2008
Hello there,

Dont really know the what is fascinating about it.

But just joined for joining sake and see maybe something nice might just come out of it.

Give it a try.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by andyzoga: 7:17am On Sep 20, 2008
I keep wondering why a lot of nigerians were/are born never to appreciate anything good. Even in government. They keep complaining about everything but never made an impact. Ever since I joined facebook, there's been no regret. Una go soon comderm nairaland sef , which one u don do? Ask yourselves ooo
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Fido(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2008
Hey dude, this thread should stop right here. FB is the best online community in the world,next to myspace. So plz y'all believe it or nt.
Have fun guys.
Cheers.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by funfavour(f): 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2008
i dont think facebook is good for business if you dont pay for an advert, but its very good for networking plus i met my primary school classmate over 15yrs ago yea, and am also looking forward to seeing more of them hook ups, facebook is getting exciting by the day, i dont think facebook should be shitbook, i have met th good the bad and the ugly!!!! :-

yea facebook is now hotcake, happy facebooking!!!
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Creamish(f): 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2008
better dan hi5
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by chika98: 10:28pm On Sep 20, 2008
I don't understand the craze either. Some people really think they are models on there. How can one person have 200+ of themselves on there? and it isn't like others tagged them ooo
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Malila: 9:59am On Sep 24, 2008
[quote ]100 million on facebook!!!!! and it didn't exist 2 years ago? why is everyone on it? air your views.
[quote][/quote]

Dude get your facts right. FB has been there since 1998. Back then it was little known and was catering mainly to US audience. It has been reborn recently though (proly 2 years ago as you say) and launched into global scene.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by lekanakel(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2008
Nairaland is better than facebook, yes or no? undecided
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by wolgap: 9:05am On Sep 26, 2008
Fascinating Facebook.
It is so good someone is bringing up a topic like this. I am sure this would have helped a couple of people to learn a line or two. Journalism has left the traditional phase where you do all the talking and your audience just listens. Now we are into new media (something like "I talk you talk" kind of thing).
Facebook and a couple of others have created that kind of platform. Considering the traffic on facebook, the figures are astronomical. Blu malam i share your insight and i think we should be thinking of how we can also create a presence on the net that can generate such traffic. In the world we live in now you need the people and you need to know they are following you.
Let us use the social network tools available to its maximum potential. That is the immediate future of journalism, marketing e.t.c.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by babyosho: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2008
frm wat i can see,everyone has his/her opinion 2 give, but wat hapend 2 hi5?wen it first came out,everybody were goin nuts about it, smiley bt rite nw weres d whole hype.there is a word THERES TYME 4 EVERYTHIN.HI5 CAME,NOW FACEBOOKS HERE grin grin grin LETS JST WAIT AND SEE,
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by SeXYhOTmOM(f): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2008
facebook is very useful for those who know how to use it
it dosent have anytin to do with being bored
personally i tink anybody dat does not have a facebook page is an anti-social person. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by AKO1(m): 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2008
lekanakel:

Nairaland is better than facebook, yes or no? undecided

They are two different ball games so there is no point comparing. undecided
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by A40(m): 2:44am On Sep 29, 2008
Its a nice site pretty addictive too but its way better than hi-5 i like the whole concept of the site.Simple yet powerful
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 29, 2008
Hi5, Facebook, MySpace, bunch of boring websites.

Best way for my friends, esp. my middle, high school, volunteering friends, and my profs, and high school teacher to contact me is my email. Simple.
My phone is another matter. This time with ht enew number, there has to be some restrictions
That's why I dnt mess with my email. pretty important people on it
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by waterworks(f): 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2008
@ poster actually it was here 2 yrs ago, it started in 2004.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by waterworks(f): 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2008
facebook is good. i think its actually more fascinating for people hu graduated from 2000 and below.  because for the rest of us cell phones and emails wer already v popular. and for those graduating now. . . I'm sure its safe to say they will alwys be in touch.as i was reading posts here, i stopped to chk to see if i would really find anybody. i literally just found an indian primary school mate i hadnt seen for 13 years hu moved back to india! cmon u got to admit its great.

Also good for advertising for ure busnesses, buying and selling & latest gossip!
Employers use facebook for background chk on clients. i know a guy hu got fired because he made a hate group about hes employer on facebook! of course they said he was fired for other reasons! 
The police refer to comments and posts on such places as facebook to investigate cases now. e.g. the man on the news who opened fire in hes uni recently had put pictures with hes gun on a social networking site. the police had actually held him in custody for questioning about the pictures.
In fact its seen in the news papers too. before printing out stories they do a chk on facebook to get more dirt on the person thats how i knew about that. 
facebook is so widely recognised that adverts for mi6 recruits (secret services agents just like james bond) are beign put there. this was normally only in the papers and on the news.
It does while away time but at the end of the day too much of everything is bad!

wats so fascinating  bout it? taste and see!
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by tolandluv(f): 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2008
facebook is a very good site for you to locate your old good friends.[color=#770077][/color] cool cool cool cool
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Gamine(f): 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2008
Facebook o Facebook

My papa say make i face book, i dey Facebook embarassed
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by snazzydawn(f): 11:36pm On Sep 30, 2008
yea right girl, lovely pics you have on there! but what really ticks me off on facebook is the fact that some people actually post their home addresses there!
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Gamine(f): 2:51am On Oct 01, 2008
Thanks, you too.

Home Address!!!!!
shocked

I dont even put my current location or work place

Home ADDRESS!! now thats CREEPY and VERY DANGEROUS!!!!! sad
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by slimes(m): 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2008
I'm yet to discover a fault in facebook but i have not been able to maximize its utilities.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by allboyz(m): 12:13am On Oct 05, 2008
www.facebook.com ?

wotz next?
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by Coded200(m): 5:07am On Oct 06, 2008
HAHAHAHA  smiley, NA WA OH,TO IMAGINE THAT YOU TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID *RAZZ*,SHALLOW AND UNINTELLIGENT FOLKS (WHO ARE JUST ADAMANT AND HAVE NO CONCRETE BASIS  FOR EVEN THE MEREST OF ARGUMENTS) IN YOUR DAILY LIFE ONLY TO FIND A NICHE OF THEM ON THE INTERNET,QUITE A COLONY OF THEM HERE ON NAIRALAND AS WELL.I MUST SAY I HAVE SEEN SOME VERY LOGICAL CONTRIBUTIONS FOR AND AGAINST THE FASCINATION ABOUT FACEBOOK  ISH GOING ON HERE.SADLY NOT EVERY LITERATE IS EDUCATED.
WHAT IS SO FASCINATING ABOUT FACEBOOK?DUH!ITS SIMPLY AN ONLINE SOCIAL NETWORKING HAVEN AND DAMMIT HARD BOILED SKULLED DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN FURTHER, I MEAN YOU KNOW WHAT SOCIAL NETWORKING IS?OR YOU THINK ITS JUST ABOUT REUNION AND PHOTO TAGGING!BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU CAN KEEP BITCHING TILL YOU BELCH OUT  ITS SIMPLY THE BEST THE WEB CAN OFFER THE WORLD FOR NOW, OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKS I.E HI5,MYSPACE,DIGG,DEL.ICIO.US,MAG.NOLIA ARE STILL YET TO PASS THEIR BATON FOR THE NEXT LAP(THERE IS NOTHING COMPARED TO A GOOD COMPETITION), FACEBOOK FOR NOW HAS A GOOD AND REPUTABLE FACE VALUE.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by tRoOE(f): 7:17am On Oct 06, 2008
[size=13pt]facebook is iight, the annoying part is when stupid people tag pics
of you dancing with people, blowing up my spot angry
i wonder why some people spend hrs of their time on it undecided
[/size]
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by ChidiO2(m): 7:21am On Oct 06, 2008
Hopefully those stupid people aren't friends.
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by sexymama3: 12:34am On Oct 07, 2008
all u haters,  keep shut, facebook is da best presently, nothing like it,  go on there and check it out, just for the hell of it. u all will like
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by fellybabe(f): 3:22am On Oct 07, 2008
i love it
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by zarazara: 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2008
It's addictive for amebo's who want to know what's happening in everyone else's lives,
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by sexymama3: 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2008
just like u are, dats why u knw others r doing d same, grin
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by creamyy: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2008
facebook is very facinating, am able 2 keep intouch with my family and friends,
Re: What Is So Fascinating About Facebook? by SylviaCozy(f): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2008
FACEBOOK IS A BLESSING TO ME COS I'VE FOUND OLD FRIENDS DAT I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD.

but the major problem I have is logging in, my password never works for me. I keep trying to log in the normal way but it dosent work until I reset the password. Today, I've spent two hours trying to gain access to my account to no avail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Want A Man To Be With / I Need A Real Man! :'( / Babe!'s Corner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.