Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake (10590 Views)

Poll: Choice Of Sarah Palin Is A Mistake?

Yes: 75% (12 votes)
No: 25% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by bawomolo(m): 4:17am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

[b]No, am trying to say that her job reflects what the president does. She'll atleast know how to do her job right, familiar with the responsibility

oh ok, what actual ACHIEVEMENTS by palin makes u think she is ready for the job.  u gotta have some accomplishments to be called experienced.  are u trying to say running alaska is close relative to running as a VP. we aren't talking about states like new york, illinois or california.  u seem to be blowing up her governorship while undermining what obama has done in the senate(he does sit in for sessions)
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:19am On Sep 09, 2008
@Bawolomo
What has Obama done? during his 3 years?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

David, is that what you think it is? undecided

If it sits well below your zipper, then yes

Vladimir Putin is Russian prime minister.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

@Bawolomo

that is not the answer to the questions - [size=18pt]on what basis is Palin more qualified than Obama?[/size]

stop shifting the goalposts. its ok to say you dont know.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:20am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

Vladimir Putin is Russian prime minister.
No shit!
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:21am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

that is not the answer to the questions - [size=18pt]on what basis is Palin more qualified than Obama?[/size]

stop shifting the goalposts. its ok to say you don't know.
Is this another way you're telling me that you can't answer my question?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by bawomolo(m): 4:22am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

@Bawolomo

yeye woman,  u no fit carry yansh go obama campaign site.  there are lists of bills he has supported including environmental protection acts.   now answer, what has sarah palin done besides flip-flop on the bridge or challenge Big Oil.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:24am On Sep 09, 2008
bawomolo:

yeye woman, u no fit carry yansh go obama campaign site. there are lists of bills he has supported including environmental protection acts. now answer, what has sarah palin done besides flip-flop on the bridge or challenge Big Oil.
Yeye man, you no fit carry ynash go McCain campaign site? You go find your answer tongue
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

Is this another way you're telling me that you can't answer my question?

its simply a way of saying you wont get away with dodging the questions put across to you.
The question was put to you - On what basis is Palin more qualified than Obama . . . you failed woefully to answer.
We asked again for just one achievement by Sarah Palin, again you dodged it cunningly.

What has Obama got to do with the thread? Did you read the topic at all?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 4:26am On Sep 09, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I did see the Maybe. Sounded more like you were saying the reason why she happens to be alive to date is because she does not have cancer. Isn't that what you meant?

I apologize if it came off that way but that was definitely not I meant.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 4:27am On Sep 09, 2008
Republicans please listen to the truth

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDTMsve1QM4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:31am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

What has Obama got to do with the thread? Did you read the topic at all?
I read the topic and I stated, if you read my first post on this thread, my opinion based on Obama and Paulin's status.

IS Paulin a mistake? I think not. As mayor, she successfully cut taxes and managed to be elected the president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors. As Governor, she's paved the way for new pipeline development, introduced new laws on ethics, and forced oil companies to accept new taxes.

So she's not experienced with foreign policy, but take Bush that was familiar with foreign policy as an example. Wetin he do this country?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:32am On Sep 09, 2008
Don't get me wrong , am not a Rep., but do I think Palin was a mistake? No
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Kobojunkie: 4:33am On Sep 09, 2008
StephenP:

Republicans please listen to the truth

I have a question for you. What do you think Roland martin has to offer the republicans in the house? I happen to read his blogs on CNN often and I can tell you that he happens to have a left view on issues. So how does listening to him mean truth to people on the right? Isn't that sort of like telling Jews that they should listen to truth from the mouth of Nazis? Not saying the left are but you get what I mean.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by bawomolo(m): 4:33am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

I read the topic and I stated, if you read my first post on this thread, my opinion based on Obama and Paulin's status.

IS Paulin a mistake? I think not. As mayor, she successfully cut taxes and managed to be elected the president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors. As Governor, she's paved the way for new pipeline development, introduced new laws on ethics, and forced oil companies to accept new taxes.

So she's not experienced with foreign policy, but take Bush that was familiar with foreign policy as an example. Wetin he do this country?

answer in one sentence. it's all about oil baby. i do have to admit palin has given the mccain campaign a bounce in the polls.  just have to wait for the presidential debates
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:35am On Sep 09, 2008
bawomolo:

answer in one sentence. it's all about oil baby. i do have to admit palin has given the mccain campaign a bounce in the polls. just have to wait for the presidential debates
Yea. . . . . *roll eyes*
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

Again you just copied and pasted republic talking points.
President of Alaska conference of mayors? grin
Paved the way for a new pipeline project? Its not even sure it will ever be built even though Palin has shelled out $500m for it.
Introduced new laws on ethics? - mention 1.
Forced oil companies to accept new taxes? - Obasanjo achieved that too.

*Morenike:

Same argument. Bush was also a governor for 6 yrs of a state larger than Nigeria . . . so is being a governor a mark of good leadership qualities?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:42am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

Again you just copied and pasted republic talking points.
President of Alaska conference of mayors? grin
Paved the way for a new pipeline project? Its not even sure it will ever be built even though Palin has shelled out $500m for it.
Introduced new laws on ethics? - mention 1.
Forced oil companies to accept new taxes? - Obasanjo achieved that too.
You asked for what she accomplished and it was given, now it's your turn to answer my question.

Another one of her accomplishment was introducing the Alaska Health Care Transparency Act
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:44am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

Same argument. Bush was also a governor for 6 years of a state larger than Nigeria . . . so is being a governor a mark of good leadership qualities?
While comparing it to what a senator does, yes.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:56am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

While comparing it to what a senator does, yes.

which ridiculously also disqualifies McCain, rudy Giuliniani, Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, joe Biden . . . i'm sorry but Palin has no experience when it comes to these people. Governor or not.

*Morenike:

You asked for what she accomplished and it was given, now it's your turn to answer my question.

Another one of her accomplishment was introducing the Alaska Health Care Transparency Act

you didnt give anything specific. These are bogus run-off the mill stuff that even county district leaders do.

An act can only be introduced by the legislature and signed into law by the governor. when did we start borrowing from the senate to add to a paper thin resumee?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 09, 2008
morenike is a moose head! grin
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:59am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

morenike is a moose head! grin
Thank you.

davidylan:

you didnt give anything specific.

*Morenike:

introducing the Alaska Health Care Transparency Act
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by KarmaMod(f): 5:07am On Sep 09, 2008
That's the problem, you are not thinking. Tongue

Sho fe kin sepe fun e sha?

First 4Play, now you. wetin do you people?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 09, 2008
@bawomolo
There is no challenge to Big Oil.
If they win, then CEOs at "Big Oil" go dey rub belle because it will be time to DRILL-BABY-DRILL!! yes, I love the slogan
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by NegroNtns(m): 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2008
On the issue of Palin asking "what does a VP do?"

She was making a rhetorical question in the face of mounting criticism that challenged her qualification to be a VP. Let's assume you are the Executive Chairman of Anadarko Oil Company in Texas, nobody know about you or your company. Your company's performance over the past 2 yrs have been solidly positive and resulted in growth. Suddenly you are selected to be the CEO of Mobil-Exxon. Because uptil now you were unknown, yes people will challenge your qualification for the position. So it is quite in place for you to ask "what does a CEO do that I haven't already done managing my company?" It's a challenge to your critics compelling them to look at your merits and let go of their fear of the unknown. To the contrary, it is not a show of ignorance for the duties and responsibilities of a CEO.

To Palin's credit, what does a VP do that she has not already done as Governor?

On the issue of accomplishments, an executive leader is selling competency. A Governor is not a task master but rather he/she should be a path finder. Decision making leadership positions are strategic, not tactical. Palin, as a Governor, had the following top 5 results that were competently delivered. The results are directly relevant to her position as a VP and they are not listed in order of priority.

1. Accountability
2. Fiscal Responsibility
3. Build Relationships
4. Commitment to Growth
5. Infrastructural Development

I heard that Obama co-wrote legislation. Did he initiate any that made it to the floor and was voted on? I want to see his Top 3 accomplishments in the 3 years he has been in the Senate. Please relate to his position as President.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by bawomolo(m): 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2008
this is a thread about palin not obama.

1. Accountability
2. Fiscal Responsibility
3. Build Relationships
4. Commitment to Growth
5. Infrastructural Development

can u be more specific on how well she has done on this five factors
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by NegroNtns(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2008
lmao, the Democrats ask for a penny, when you show them a dime, they say well, , can I see the Quarter? Then we show the quarter, they say, where is the Dollar? Let me tell you what you all should be worrying about, why your doggone Party Chairman still has a job running the party. Leave Palin alone and get Obama moving in polls, we got few days left.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2008
@Davidylan,

on what basis is Palin more qualified than Obama?
Here's the answer to your questions. I only hope you do not start changing the goal post again as you have learnt to do so Babangidally  grin!

1. Palin manages a workforce of 24,000 state employees while Obama does not.

2. Palin manages a v$10 billion budget while Obama does not

3. Palin has stood up to the Legislative Branch of Govt through her veto, while Obama has not.

4. Palin reduced property taxes in the City of Wasilla by 40% while Obama has never taekn the initiative nor record of lowering taxes.

5. Palin funded the tax rebate to her citizens by successfully levying taxes on big oil whom she claimes kept taxes low by improperly influencing the State legislators. Obama Senate, along with the House and Presidency funded their tax rebates by borrowing money from China.

6. Palin reducced her own salary, sold the Governor's jet and fired the Governor's Cook, while Obama has never being known to reduce his own benefits for the sake of his constituency.

Since your question is a direct comparison between both people, I will appreciate to keep to that in responding to my salient points.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2008
@KarmaMod, or is it Karma Sutra?

Sho fe kin sepe fun e sha?
The only way your epe can "catch" me is if you strip naked in downtown Manhattan in the middle of rush hour to cast your Harry Potter spell. Other than that, you are just wasting your time. And I dare you to do just that. Please give us a time 'cos I am sure Davidylan would want to catch a site of those "twin-bombers". grin

First 4Play, now you. wetin do you people?
Maybe you need to examine yourself first.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by NegroNtns(m): 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2008
Tayo, they are going to ask you to produce more specifics.

My message to them is simple - I am upset with DNC for their lack of consistency and resolve but I am not fully convinced of RNC either because their platform is run from behind the scene by the party, their candidate is a figurehead. I am an independent leaning to RNC but I could be won over by the DNC and I want the Obama folks in here to convince me to vote for their candidate and so far they have not succeeded. They have no talking point beside throwing criticisms at Hillary and Palin. Now, I don't give a crap about Palin but you cross Hillary, you cross me cheesy
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2008
@Negro_Ntns,

Ta
yo, they are going to ask you to produce more specifics.
Very typical innit? In the mean time, only one of the measures Obama has sponsored as a U.S. senator has been enacted: a bill to “promote relief, security, and democracy in the Democratic Republic of Congo.” that Bill is sandwitch between two personal memoirs he's written. Is this the guy some are counting on to bring change?

As Sarah Palin said: "Some use CHANGE to further their careers (people like Obama), while others use their career (Palin, McCain) to further CHANGE.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2008
@Davidylan,

Many Palin supporters today didnt care that Clinton had nothing but 7yrs in the senate for "experience" too (Tayo-D especially) . . . all of a sudden it has become a criteria?
Not only do you not check your facts when you debate, you seem to be suffering from selective amnesia as well.

In our discussion on the thread "Hockey Players,  Sarah Palin for President", you said the following:
Bros, i don't agree with you AT ALL AT ALL. Before Palin, there was Hillary Clinton . . . there was NO doubt in my mind she was perfectly qualified to be president.
To which I responded with the following: "Clinton qualified to be president? On what basis, being a former First lady?"  You should find the link here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=167840.msg2759643#msg2759643

Can you reconcile that with your balatant accusation at my person here? You really need to settle down and do some thinking before you contribute here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pierre Buyoya, Burundi Ex-president Dies From Covid-19 / 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt / Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.