Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake (10593 Views)

Poll: Choice Of Sarah Palin Is A Mistake?

Yes: 75% (12 votes)
No: 25% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 3:36am On Sep 09, 2008
@Davidylan,

the Walmart director does practically the same thing. shld we vote him into office too?
What that means is that Walmart Director has more experience managing human and material resources than Obama. I'll pick him and/or Palin over Obama anyday. tongue
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

Let's just say Obama has been in office for 3 years, 2years campaigning. Most of his votes are always present, what does that mean? The he has no side or does not know the choice to make?

You really dont know how this works, you're just parroting what others have said or what you overheard on TV. Where are the Palin achievements you claimed you knew? Where in this thread has it been about Obama? Pls stay on topic pls.

*Morenike:

Palin has been Governor for two years.

and so what? Many American presidents where never governors for 2 minutes.

*Morenike:

A governor has the knowledge of what a presidents do.

Palin didnt know what a VP job was . . . talk less of knowing how to be president.

*Morenike:

Her job and responsibilities reflect the responsibility of the president. She is in charge of the national scale for Alaska, responsible for enforcing state laws, sign legislative to make it effective or veto it. Imagine, she's been doing this for 2 years.

Being president includes Iraq, Afghanistan, EU, Russia, Georgia, debt to China, foreign policy relations . . . Saudi Arabia, Iran, Israel . . .na wa for these people.

*Morenike:

Senators votes on things undecided Not that it's a small job, but it's on a lesser scale than what a Governor does.

On that basis McCain shld not be running for president too or is this just an Obama thing?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 3:37am On Sep 09, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Wallow in her ignorance? How did you jump from first statement to this one? What is the connection here??

She knows nothing about foreign affairs but you say "Her team mate has all the foreign experience the team needs to run with at this time being that he is the one actually running for office." So now I am asking, should she remain ignorant about it and depend all McCain to make all the right foreign policy choices?

*Morenike:

Let's just say Obama has been in office for 3 years, 2years campaigning. Most of his votes are always present, what does that mean? The he has no side or does not know the choice to make?

Palin has been Governor for two years.[b] A governor has the knowledge of what a presidents do. [/b]Her job and responsibilities reflect the responsibility of the president. She is in charge of the national scale for Alaska, responsible for enforcing state laws, sign legislative to make it effective or veto it. Imagine, she's been doing this for 2 years.

Senators votes on things undecided Not that it's a small job, but it's on a lesser scale than what a Governor does.

Right, wasn't it her that asked on National TV, "What does exactly does a VP do?"

Damn, if McCain picked her as VP I wonder who he'd pick as Secretary of State or Defense Secretary.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 09, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
What that means is that Walmart Director has more experience managing human and material resources than Obama. I'll pick him and/or Palin over Obama anyday. tongue

what that means is that you have no point. JFK was no governor, Reagan was not a governor. I have consistently asked, when did this "you must have executive experience" become a criteria? It wasnt there when Kerry was running for president, it wasnt there for Al Gore . . . all of a sudden Obama comes in and the noise is about "experience"?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 3:42am On Sep 09, 2008
Am sure Palin's statement abt the VP was sarcasm wink

davidylan:

On that basis McCain shld not be running for president too or is this just an Obama thing?
Point is, when McCain dies, which wnt be long, the VP has to take charge. I'd rather want Palin than Obama.

Words are sweet, but actions are sweeter.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 09, 2008
Obama is no Messiah, i'm not interested in who becomes president . . . i only care about Yar Adua's kidneys.
However i'm all for fairness and objectivity.

The current climate of double standards when it comes to Obama is alarming.

When Kerry, Al Gore and co ran for presidency . . . no one doubted their ability to lead, no one asked them for executive experience. Many Palin supporters today didnt care that Clinton had nothing but 7yrs in the senate for "experience" too (Tayo-D especially) . . . all of a sudden it has become a criteria?

When did they institute a law that only ex-governors can run for president?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On Sep 09, 2008
StephenP:

She knows nothing about foreign affairs but you say "Her team mate has all the foreign experience the team needs to run with at this time being that he is the one actually running for office." So now I am asking, should she remain ignorant about it and depend all McCain to make all the right foreign policy choices?

Did she tell you that she is not right now brushing up on foreign policy knowledge?  She just got selected about 7 days ago. What do you expect her to do? Learn all McCain learnt over 30 something or more years, in just 7 days? Come on. Be real!!

StephenP:

Right, wasn't it her that asked on National TV, "What does exactly does a VP do?"

Is it wrong to ask what exactly your job duties will be on national TV when you just got selected for the position? ROFLMAO!!! Last I checked, I don’t know that these people are sent job responsibilities and papers to study for some “VP qualification exam” before they can qualify for selection.

StephenP:

Damn, if McCain picked her as VP I wonder who he'D pick as Secretary of State or Defense Secretary.

He has a group already that he can pick from. Don’t worry about who he will pick there.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 3:44am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

and so what? Many American presidents where never governors for 2 minutes.
and so what?
Ask the people that want an experienced candidate.
Not someone that spent 2 of his 3 terms campaigning for something he's not experienced in.
So you get taken away with sweet words? hmm, Obama tried
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

Am sure Palin's statement about the VP was sarcasm wink

which simply underscores your ignorance. no it wasnt.

*Morenike:

Point is, when McCain dies, which wnt be long, the VP has to take charge. I'D rather want Palin than Obama.

Dumb! On what basis would you prefer Palin as president over Obama? Palin only got a US passport in 2007, perhaps is just learning the capitals of the world and who is president of which country.

Only a country like America can vote for Bush 3 times in a row.

*Morenike:

Words are sweet, but actions are sweeter.

Actions like what? Dealing with russia and venezuela is not the same as moose hunting.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:48am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

and so what?
Ask the people that want an experienced candidate.
Not someone that spent 2 of his 3 terms campaigning for something he's not experienced in.
So you get taken away with sweet words? hmm, Obama tried

1. Those crying for "experienced" candidates know that deep down it is simply code for "white" candidate. A democratic strategist more than confirmed that on Chris Mathews show this evening.

2. Palin spent 2 yrs as governor of a state with 600,000 people. All of a sudden she is qualified to be president? Give me a break.

3. I get taken by sweet words . . . what do you get taken by? A white hockey mom with 5 kids?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 3:50am On Sep 09, 2008
She just got her passport 2007, so what?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Alaska not part of US? So basically, you're telling me that Palin knows nmothing about the country she's running for?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 3:52am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

2. Palin spent 2 years as governor of a state with 600,000 people. All of a sudden she is qualified to be president? Give me a break.
No be only break you go get.
Who said she was qualified as a president?

davidylan:

3. I get taken by sweet words . . . what do you get taken by? A white hockey mom with 5 kids?
No, but by action.
Don't let those sweet words carry you away, shogbo

All am saying is that she has the potential to make a great VP.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

She just got her passport 2007, so what?

this is a shame. I'm tired of arguing with moose heads.

*Morenike:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Alaska not part of US? So basically, you're telling me that Palin knows nmothing about the country she's running for?

The US president is more or less the president of the western world . . . its more than just governing Texas. Just ask Bush how many countries he has been to and how many world leaders he has to keep tabs with every second.

Where do all these empty heads appear from?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 3:54am On Sep 09, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Did she tell you that she is not right now brushing up on foreign policy knowledge?  She just got selected about 7 days ago. What do you expect her to do? Learn all McCain learnt over 30 something or more years, in just 7 days? Come on. Be real!!

Well she better because I don't think McCain can last 4 years in office . . . he's 72 and has got a history of cancer.

Kobojunkie:

Is it wrong to ask what exactly your job duties will be on national TV when you just got selected for the position? ROFLMAO!!! Last I checked, I don’t know that these people are sent job responsibilities and papers to study for some “VP qualification exam” before they can qualify for selection.

Well maybe not for the Republicans but you won't see Biden or anyone with some sense asking a retarded question like that.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

All am saying is that she has the potential to make a great VP.

[size=18pt]Based on what?[/size]

Can someone just give us hard cold facts instead of all this wishy washy fairy tales?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Kobojunkie: 3:56am On Sep 09, 2008
StephenP:

Well she better because I don't think McCain can last 4 years in office . . . he's 72 and has got a history of cancer.
Well, if you do not know this, McCain’s Mother is still alive and kicking. If that woman can still move around, at that age, I have to tell you that you if he wins, you may be seeing 8 years of him and not 4.

StephenP:

Well maybe not for the Republicans but you won't see Biden or anyone with some sense asking a retarded question like that.
As the saying goes, “one man’s meat is another man’s poison”; your retarded question is another man’s hilarious joke.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 3:57am On Sep 09, 2008
@Davidylan,

what that means is that you have no point. JFK was no governor, Reagan was not a governor. I have consistently asked, when did this "you must have executive experience" become a criteria? It wasnt there when Kerry was running for president, it wasnt there for Al Gore . . . all of a sudden Obama comes in and the noise is about "experience"?
Why are you exposing your ignorance in public now. Reagan was a former Governor of California before running for the Presidency.

The Republicans are not the once who started this issue of experience. It was no other than the Democrats. Is it not the same Biden who reiterated twice that Obama does not have the prerequisite experience to be President and that the presidency does not lend itself to on-the-job training?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 3:58am On Sep 09, 2008
Like I said before, I still stand by my opinion, Sarah Palin is the VP, has more experience than Obama.
Even if some people prefer to have moose head or goat head, they can always kiss my bum where the sun doesn't shine. wink
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 09, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
Why are you exposing your ignorance in public now. Reagan was a former Governor of California before running for the Presidency.

The Republicans are not the once who started this issue of experience. It was no other than the Democrats. Is it not the same Biden who reiterated twice that Obama does not have the prerequisite experience to be President and that the presidency does not lend itself to on-the-job training?

Mistake accepted. It doesnt detract from my general query. When did all this "experience" issue become a factor? Why with Obama? Did you ask for experience from Kerry and Al Gore?

Biden is an idiot, we all know. He's just a smart idiot. The democrats (Clinton) started the whole issue of "experience" . . . i stand corrected - this whole talk about "experience" is simply code for "white" candidate. Why didnt anyone ask for Senator Edward's experience when he was in the running?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by bawomolo(m): 4:03am On Sep 09, 2008
Sarah Palin is the VP, has more experience than Obama

and what makes u say so,  i doubt handling a state of 600000 and being the mayor of wasilla is really an experience edge over a person that has been state senator before becoming a senator in congress.   aren't we supposed to be comparing the VP candidates here.   there's little to show palin would make a great president.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

Like I said before, I still stand by my opinion, Sarah Palin is the VP, has more experience than Obama.
Even if some people prefer to have moose head or goat head, they can always kiss my bum where the sun doesn't shine. wink

Is it possible to delete certain comments that even drunk moose wouldnt make?

[size=20pt]your opinion is based on what?[/size]
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 4:05am On Sep 09, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Well,  if you do not know this, McCain’s Mother is still alive and kicking. If that woman can still move around, at that age, I have to tell you that you if he wins, you may be seeing 8 years of him and not 4.

Maybe because she doesn't have cancer.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Kobojunkie: 4:06am On Sep 09, 2008
StephenP:

Maybe because she doesn't have cancer.

You mean you have seen her medical file to know this for a fact?? LMAO!!
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 09, 2008
Some peeps need to stop drinking.

Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by bawomolo(m): 4:08am On Sep 09, 2008
Her job and responsibilities reflect the responsibility of the president. She is in charge of the national scale for Alaska, responsible for enforcing state laws, sign legislative to make it effective or veto it. Imagine, she's been doing this for 2 years

are u trying to say palin achieved all this without the legislative branch.   enforcing what laws, palin done turn to sheriff, parole officer all in one
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 4:09am On Sep 09, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You mean you have seen her medical file to know this for a fact?? LMAO!!

I'm guessing you didn't see the big Maybe
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:10am On Sep 09, 2008
My gosh, this sec is even worst than romance sec. Any insult necessary? ,

My opinion is based on her status before she began campaigning
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Sep 09, 2008
StephenP:

I'm guessing you didn't see the big Maybe

I did see the Maybe. Sounded more like you were saying the reason why she happens to be alive to date is because she does not have cancer. Isn't that what you meant?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:11am On Sep 09, 2008
bawomolo:

are u trying to say palin achieved all this without the legislative branch.   enforcing what laws, palin done turn to sheriff, parole officer all in one

I don tire o.  shocked

In charge of national scale for Alaska - what does that mean?
responsible for enforcing state laws - When did she become a state trooper?
sign legislative to make it effective or veto it - What if the state goes to sleep and refuses to pass any legislation? what will she veto? My ass?
Imagine, she's been doing this for 2 years - Wow, such a long long long time. A baby born 2 years ago is already a graduate. A certain George Bush was governor for 6 yrs, i'm sure his record as president is one to be proud of.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:12am On Sep 09, 2008
bawomolo:

are u trying to say palin achieved all this without the legislative branch
. enforcing what laws, palin done turn to sheriff, parole officer all in one
No, am trying to say that her job reflects what the president does. She'll atleast know how to do her job right, familiar with the responsibility
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 4:14am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

No, am trying to say that her job reflects what the president does. She'll atleast know how to do her job right, familiar with the responsibility

Responsibilities like Vladimir Putin?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 4:17am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

Responsibilities like Vladimir Putin?
David, is that what you think it is? undecided

If it sits well below your zipper, then yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt / Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts / REVEALED!! South Africa Still Has Nuclear Weapons!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.