Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake (10592 Views)

Poll: Choice Of Sarah Palin Is A Mistake?

Yes: 75% (12 votes)
No: 25% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 2:34am On Sep 09, 2008
@Davidylan,

Tayo-D, that is not news. I've known about that all along. Just letting 4Play and you know that Sarah Palin isnt exactly a model of intellectual acumen.
Who ever said she was? As usual, you keep having an argument with yourself.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 2:39am On Sep 09, 2008
I think making Palin VP for the Republic party is a weak and insulting way to win Hilary supporters over to the Republican camp. First, she has no relevant experience save for the fact that she is Governor of a town in Alaska speaking of which, she is under investigation for abusing her powers thus, she is morally corrupt. Second, she has barely been outside the US! She knows nothing about foreign affairs and policy and would be crushed when she has to discuss with Iran about their nuclear program.

She has no business calling herself VP because McCain is only picking her cause he's got 7 houses and he needed someone who preferably lived in some trailer in Alaska and won beauty pageants after showing the judges her butt cheeks. She and McCain have NOTHING on Obama.

Oh did I mention she went to 6 colleges in 6 years? I guess the colleges kept expelling her cause she was obvious mentally incompetent. Go Hockey Mom!!
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 09, 2008
stephenP dont let Honorable professor Tayo hear you say that about his alaskan belle.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 2:46am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

stephenP don't let Honorable professor Tayo hear you say that about his alaskan belle.

Please, she is a poor excuse for an Alaskan belle. I feel so bad for the dude that bleeped her daughter, he should have just used that damn condom or pulled out. Now he gon' have to change his vote from Barack to McCain.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 2:48am On Sep 09, 2008
@StephenP,

First, she has no relevant experience save for the fact that she is Governor of a town in Alaska speaking of which,
It is so funny when you find people who make an attempt to appear informed looking so stupid through sheer display of ignorance on the www.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 2:48am On Sep 09, 2008
StephenP:

Please, she is a poor excuse for an Alaskan belle. I feel so bad for the dude that bleeped her daughter, he should have just used that damn condom or pulled out. Now he gon' have to change his vote from Barack to McCain.
ah ah, that's even low for you.
Wetin her daughter got to do with this campaign?

FYI, Palin has more experience than Obama wink
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 2:49am On Sep 09, 2008
StephenP:

What? That guy's sperm just won him an all expenses paid trip to the RNC, perhaps a doorway to the white house for the next 4 yrs, more money than he would have ever earned shooting moose in Wasilla, free press coverage and celebrity status. Besides, he's openly redneck so he'd never have voted for Obama.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 09, 2008
Tayo-D:

@StephenP,
It is so funny when you find people who make an attempt to appear informed looking so stupid through sheer display of ignorance on the www.

Uncle tayo, is Sarah Palin your aunty? grin See, stephenP, i warned you.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 2:56am On Sep 09, 2008
@Davidylan,

Uncle tayo, is Sarah Palin your aunty?
She no be o, neither is McCain my uncle. Last time I checked too, Obama and Biden no answer my surname.

See, stephenP, i warned you.
No mind the guy jare. He is trying to make someone appear like an olodo, and yet don't know the difference btw a Gov and a Mayor.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by bawomolo(m): 2:56am On Sep 09, 2008
Who ever said she was? As usual, you keep having an argument with yourself.

yeah because a degree in journalism from IDAHO is much more harder than a law degree from syracuse. why bring joe biden's academic record up while avoiding similar questions about sarah palin the academic nomad.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 2:56am On Sep 09, 2008
Tayo-D:

@StephenP,

Oh please do forgive my ignorance. I guess I should rely on you since you live with her and so have first hand information.

*Morenike:

FYI, Palin has more experience than Obama wink

If you're talking about executive experience then she has more than McCain also. That dude has been in the Congress for over 20 years now and hasn't done shit for us.

davidylan:

What? That guy's sperm just won him an all expenses paid trip to the RNC, perhaps a doorway to the white house for the next 4 years, more money than he would have ever earned shooting moose in Wasilla, free press coverage and celebrity status. Besides, he's openly redneck so he'D never have voted for Obama.

ROFL
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Queenisha: 2:58am On Sep 09, 2008
MCain was flying fighter bombers When Baracks father was milking goats in Kenya
How the man no go get more experience?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Queenisha: 2:59am On Sep 09, 2008
abeg make una stop the nastiness.
it's not tasty

I come in the name of love kiss kiss
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 3:00am On Sep 09, 2008
@StephenP,

Oh please do forgive my ignorance. I guess I should rely on you since you live with her and so have first hand information.
Live with her? Wetin concern agbero with overload. If you must copy and paste, you should at least try to understand what you are reading before you come here and disgrace yourself in an attempt to inpugne on someone else's character.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 3:01am On Sep 09, 2008
Tayo-D:

No mind the guy jare. He is trying to make someone appear like an olodo, and yet don't know the difference between a Gov and a Mayor.

It's sad you don't anything about who you're supporting yet I, a Democrat, know more about Palin than you do. By the way, Palin is Governor of Alaska.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Kobojunkie: 3:01am On Sep 09, 2008
StephenP:

I think making Palin VP for the Republic party is a weak and insulting way to win Hilary supporters over to the Republican camp.
Assuming you are right, this is politics and you play to win! And there is no rule that says you cannot play the hand that your opponent chooses not to play.
StephenP:

First, she has no relevant experience save for the fact that she is Governor of a town in Alaska speaking of which, she is under investigation for abusing her powers thus, she is morally corrupt.

She is under investigation does not in any way mean she is morally corrupt. The courts will gladly tell you that. She is running for VICE president but she does have more executive experience than her opponent who is running for PRESIDENT.

StephenP:

Second, she has barely been outside the US! She knows nothing about foreign affairs and policy and would be crushed when she has to discuss with Iran about their nuclear program.

Again, She is running for VICE PRESIDENT, not PRESIDENT. Her team mate has all the foreign policy experience the team needs to run with at this time being that he is the one actually running for office.

StephenP:

She has no business calling herself VP because McCain is only picking her cause he's got 7 houses and he needed someone who preferably lived in some trailer in Alaska and won beauty pageants after showing the judges her butt cheeks. She and McCain have NOTHING on Obama.

She did not call herself VP; she was offered the job and accepted it. Nothing wrong in accepting a job, is there? If McCain picked her, I say she will be if he wins.
Last I heard, it was reported that he had 4 and not 7. When was it reported that he has 7? In America, there are many people with over 4 houses. I know of Nigerians who own over 4 or more rental properties and some work as nurses.

StephenP:

Oh did I mention she went to 6 colleges in 6 years? I guess the colleges kept expelling her cause she was obvious mentally incompetent. Go Hockey Mom!!

What is wrong with 6 colleges in 6 years? This is America where you do not really have to have a college degree ( unless the law has been changed) to run for office.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 3:02am On Sep 09, 2008
Tayo-D:

@StephenP,
Live with her? Wetin concern agbero with overload. If you must copy and paste, you should at least try to understand what you are reading before you come here and disgrace yourself in an attempt to inpugne on someone else's character.

What are you talking about?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 3:04am On Sep 09, 2008
StephenP:

If you're talking about executive experience then she has more than McCain also. That dude has been in the Congress for over 20 years now and hasn't done shit for us.
So what has Obama done since he became a Senator?

Don't get me wrong, I love Obama, but when people are looking down on Palin like she ain't got nothing to offer, then we got a problem.

Obama has been a Senate for 3 years, spent 2 of those years campaigning. So what did he really archive as a senator?

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Palin a GOVERNOR for 2 years? Do you the gap b/w a governor and a senate?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Queenisha: 3:04am On Sep 09, 2008
I say make una stop!!
One more long post na me and you cheesy
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Queenisha: 3:05am On Sep 09, 2008
Thank God they listened finally kiss
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:08am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

Obama has been a Senate for 3 years, spent 2 of those years campaigning. So what did he really archive as a senator?

tell us one thing Palin achieved as governor.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 3:12am On Sep 09, 2008
Kobojunkie:

She is under investigation does not in any way mean she is morally corrupt. The courts will gladly tell you that. She is running for VICE president but she does have more executive experience than her opponent who is running for PRESIDENT.

She also has more executive experience than McCain does that make him bad? Well, he is but you get the point.

Kobojunkie:

Again, She is running for VICE PRESIDENT, not PRESIDENT. Her team mate has all the foreign experience the team needs to run with at this time being that he is the one actually running for office.

Therefore, she should wallow in her ignorance and depend on McCain to make all the right choices?

Kobojunkie:

She did not call herself VP; she was offered the job and accepted it. Nothing wrong in accepting a job, is there? If McCain picked her, I say she will be if he wins.
Last I heard, it was reported that he had 4 and not 7. When was it reported that he has 7? In America, there are many people with over 4 houses. I know of Nigerians who own over 4 or more rental properties and some work as nurses.

Yes he has seven.

Kobojunkie:

What is wrong with 6 colleges in 6 years? This is America where you do not really have to have a college degree ( unless the law has been changed) to run for office.

We might as well pick some college dropout to be President since it doesn't matter.

davidylan:

Please do! Apart from shoot bears, watch her sons play hockey and abuse her powers (allegedly but I'm sure she did).
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 3:13am On Sep 09, 2008
@StephenP,

It's sad you don't anything about who you're supporting yet I, a Democrat, know more about Palin than you do.
If it makes you happy to hold this thought, please knowck yourself out.

By the way, Palin is Governor of Alaska.
So you've scurried back to those websites to get more enlightened baa? I thought you said she is the Governor of a town in Alaska.  tongue
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 09, 2008
I find it funny especially with the "Sarah Palin is God" crowd who tout all her "achievements" and yet cant name just one. cool
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 3:19am On Sep 09, 2008
davidylan:

Tell me what Obama has achieved as a Senator.
The point that am trying to make is that she has more experience than Obama.

She was championed as a heroine for resigning as Head of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in 2004, after highlighting ethical violations by another commisioner
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article4634538.ece?token=null&offset=24&page=3

But think about this, who would you rather choose, a senate that has been in office for 3 years (2 of those years campaigning) or a Governor for two years?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 09, 2008
*Morenike:

Tell me what Obama has achieved as a Senator.

Round about argument. grin I wasnt telling you Obama had any achievements but you categorically claimed Palin was more experienced than Obama . . . now i ask . . . name ONE achievement you know about Palin.

I'm tired of all this using a question to dodge the real issue pranks.

*Morenike:

The point that am trying to make is that she has more experience than Obama.

Well then tell us about this "experience".

*Morenike:

But think about this, who would you rather choose, a senate that has been in office for 3 years (2 of those years campaigning) or a Governor for two years?

Bla bla bla. Obama is running for office now everyone has suddenly discovered you need "executive experience" to run for office. What of Ronald Reagan? What state was he governor of?

I'd rather choose an intelligent Senator than a backyard governor who thinks Iraq was God's will.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by StephenP(m): 3:23am On Sep 09, 2008
Tayo-D:

@StephenP,
So you've scurried back to those websites to get more enlightened baa? I thought you said she is the Governor of a town in Alaska.  tongue

Obviously a typo. She was mayor of a town in Alaska and later became governor of Alaska . . . is that better? Still, doesn't change that fact that she was a bad pick for VP.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Kobojunkie: 3:23am On Sep 09, 2008
StephenP:

She also has more executive experience than McCain does that make him bad? Well, he is but you get the point.
Considering how long McCain has been in the senate, I would think that your stating the above already shows you how wrong you are in your earlier post on how she did not have experience to bring to the table. As you state above, she does bring to the McCain table executive experience which, according to you, McCain does not seem to have a lot of.
StephenP:

Therefore, she should wallow in her ignorance and depend on McCain to make all the right choices?
Wallow in her ignorance? How did you jump from first statement to this one? What is the connection here??
StephenP:

Yes he has seven.
We might as well pick some college dropout to be President since it doesn't matter.
Please do! Apart from shoot bears, watch her sons play hockey and abuse her powers (allegedly but I'm sure she did).
She is not the PRESIDENT; she is running for office of VICE PRESIDENT. McCain makes all the decisions as He is the PRESIDENTIAL hopeful. I understand that you are free to have bad belle against the woman even when you do not have valid reasons for such feelings but come on. At some point you have to look at things as they are and not as you would rather they be.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 09, 2008
Can anyone of these Palin noise makers tell us something McCain and Palin bring to the table that Obiden do not?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Morenike3(f): 3:31am On Sep 09, 2008
Let's just say Obama has been in office for 3 years, 2years campaigning. Most of his votes are always present, what does that mean? The he has no side or does not know the choice to make?

Palin has been Governor for two years. A governor has the knowledge of what a presidents do. Her job and responsibilities reflect the responsibility of the president. She is in charge of the national scale for Alaska, responsible for enforcing state laws, sign legislative to make it effective or veto it. Imagine, she's been doing this for 2 years.

Senators votes on things undecided Not that it's a small job, but it's on a lesser scale than what a Governor does.
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by TayoD1(m): 3:33am On Sep 09, 2008
@Davidylan,

Well then tell us about this "experience".
Does managing 24,000 state employees and a $10 billion budget count, considering that you keep ignoring everything selse that stares you in the face?
Re: Sarah Palin Is A Mistake by Nobody: 3:34am On Sep 09, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
Does managing 24,000 state employees and a $10 billion budget count, considering that you keep ignoring everything selse that stares you in the face?

the Walmart director does practically the same thing. shld we vote him into office too?
I'm asking for REAL ISSUES, the bread and butter stuff you all say Obama doesnt have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt / Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts / REVEALED!! South Africa Still Has Nuclear Weapons!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.