Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

What Would You Make Of This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Make Of This? (2424 Views)

Guys What Do You Make Of This Pix / Ladies How Do You Make Your Choice From The Multiple Guys Asking You Out For Val / What Do You Make Of This Story? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2008
Ladies what would you make of a man that says he can marry you in a week if given the oppurtunity?

Guys, what do you have in mind for a lady you say this too, that is if you have been in the situation before?

Honest responses please!!!
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2008
He proposed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by cold(m): 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2008
Well it depends,if u'v bin datin then it's genuine.But if u guys just met then u nid to pray hard.Taq it from a brother who shld now,u're caught btw a rock & a hard place.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tell him your pastor prophesied about this and you also dreamt about this happening. Then book a next-day appointment for him to come and meet mummy and daddy and see if he still has the balls to stay.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2008
Busy_body:

He proposed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Iyalode, na u be dis. u dey wait make i post wink
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by k1banty(m): 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
tell him to calm down and now rush things. If you rush into marriage you will rush out, make sure he's not into the love is blind thing. It's all about time and for real time will tell if you want such commitments or not.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2008
cold:

Well it depends,if u'v bin datin then it's genuine.But if u guys just met then u nid to pray hard.Taq it from a brother who shld now,u're caught between a rock & a hard place.

We just met o. Infact we never see before. na only pix him see o wey he wan jump to the altar.  grin

Actually, he said it was a figurative statement wen i accused him of being a desperado grin that it takes more than a week to plan a wedding.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by k1banty(m): 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2008
If a lady proposed to me to get married in one week if given the opportunity, it's a capital NO!

I don't like ladies that are too desperate for marriage even if time is not on your side. If we have been friends for a long time that i can understanding and there is always a but reason to say a capital NO
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by k1banty(m): 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2008
If a lady proposed to me to get married in one week if given the opportunity, it's a capital NO!

I don't like ladies that are too desperate for marriage even if time is not on your side. If we have been friends for a long time that i can understanding and there is always a but reason to say a capital NO
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by sistawoman: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2008
So how are things with your bf?

I think the guy was just gisting with you. (please dont shoot me if i just used gist in the wrong context).
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Nautillus(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2008
It reaally depends on your relationship status with this guy. . .if you guyz have been seing each oda for a while now,then its most prolly his finantial state dats slowing him down.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2008
sistawoman:

So how are things with your boyfriend?

I think the guy was just gisting with you. (please don't shoot me if i just used gist in the wrong context).

Shoot ke grin
The guy no gist anything, he dey serious. He is waiting for me to tell him i don break up!! E go wait tire grin
My boyfriend dey kanpe cheesy
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2008
Guys,

i think u are getting the question wrong. I mean what you had in mind if you have ever told a lady such before not the other way round.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by k1banty(m): 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2008
Not done that before.

That will be being desperate on my part.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tgirl4real:

Iyalode, na u be this. u dey wait make i post wink

Don't make me vex plus you o angry You know say sleep no fit catch me since cos of your issues na cheesy

@ topic

Same thing happened to me too. I have met a lot of desperate guys in my time.

Ist time, 2nd and 3rd time: I will take care of you and give you what your man can't give you. Let me prove I can take care of you. Turned them down and said no thanks. One of the creeps wanted to get me a brand new car, was barely 17 and not old enough to get a driving licence. cry

4th time: I'm serious let's go for counselling in church. Turned him down. Bumped into him the week after, yes the week after he proposed, and he said he though about things and felt the age difference would be a problem, because of taste in music, outlook in life, etc. He's 30, I was 21. Can you imagine, we did not even go on a date, only spoke for a maximum of three hours the one week I knew him. shocked

5th time: Was prepared to hand over the deeds to his 12 properties because he wanted to marry wife. Thank God  and his lucky stars I don't date people for their wallet. cool

6th time: Let's elope and get married, you understand me more than my girlfrirend, said my ex's best friend. Literarily kicked him to the curb. angry

7th time: Can I take you on a date now that your man has dumped you? I told you when we first met that you were gonna be my wife, you just didn't know it. guess what I did? Married him after 5 years cool. this is not the same guy as the sixth one o.And I can say he is not desperate because he waited for my three years relationship to fizzle out before making his moves again.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
Could it be that some say it just to get the attention of a serious lady

If the lady accept the proposal and starts a rel wt d guy, would u term her a fool
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2008
Busy_body:

Don't make me vex plus you o angry You know say sleep no fit catch me since because of your issues na cheesy

@ topic

Same thing happened to me too. I have met a lot of desperate guys in my time.

Ist time, 2nd and 3rd time: I will take care of you and give you what your man can't give you. Let me prove I can take care of you. Turned them down and said no thanks. One of the creeps wanted to get me a brand new car, was barely 17 and not old enough to get a driving licence. cry

4th time: I'm serious let's go for counselling in church. Turned him down. Bumped into him the week after, yes the week after he proposed, and he said he though about things and felt the age difference would be a problem, because of taste in music, outlook in life, etc. He's 30, I was 21. Can you imagine, we did not even go on a date, only spoke for a maximum of three hours the one week I knew him. shocked

5th time: Was prepared to hand over the deeds to his 12 properties because he wanted to marry wife. Thank God and his lucky stars I don't date people for their wallet. cool

6th time: Let's elope and get married, you understand me more than my girlfrirend, said my ex's best friend. Literarily kicked him to the curb. angry

7th time: Can I take you on a date now that your man has dumped you? I told you when we first met that you were going to be my wife, you just didn't know it. guess what I did? Married him after 5 years cool. this is not the same guy as the sixth one o.And I can say he is not desperate because he waited for my three years relationship to fizzle out before making his moves again.

An endless list you have there. i take a bow

I hope the last one worths it sha.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tgirl4real:

Could it be that some say it just to get the attention of a serious lady

If the lady accept the proposal and starts a rel wt d guy, would u term her a fool

Don't do it. tongue

They often do it because they are desperate and as a competition with other guys.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2008
Make i gist you small wetin make d guy wan marry in a week. He saw my pix somewhere online, added me as a friend and also to his messenger list and decided to buzz.

He said he likes what he saw. That i'm beautiful and i have a good samba only God knows what that means to him cos he certainly has a diff def. He says i have a lovely skin  cheesyhow e take see i no know and i'm someone he would love to wake up to see everyday. cheesy
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2008
Busy_body:

Don't do it. tongue

They often do it because they are desperate and as a competition with other guys.

Good warning!!!

Iyalode, i just checked your location, no be aro yaba left u described so grin
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by k1banty(m): 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
@tgirl4real

it seems you have a small likeness for this guy that want to marry you. Don't tell me it's the first time a guy will use marriage or other material things to trap you into getting intimate with him.

Be honest, if you like him then accept his proposal and wait for the consequences of your foolish act.

Marriage is a good thing.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tgirl4real:

Make i gist you small wetin make d guy wan marry in a week. He saw my pix somewhere online, added me as a friend and also to his messenger list and decided to buzz.

He said he likes what he saw. That i'm beautiful and i have a good samba only God knows what that means to him because he certainly has a diff def. He says i have a lovely skin  cheesyhow e take see i no know and i'm someone he would love to wake up to see everyday. cheesy

I guessed as much. When you have a friendly and comely face and a figure to die for, you get a lot of desperate guys trying to prove what they are not. They have thoughts like "can i afford her", "my friends would respect and rever me for my taste", "she seems out of my league", "wow i'm lucky i'm talking to her" etc, then feel the need to prove they can compete for your hand in marriage. They forget to profess that they love you, and start telling you all what they have and their material possesion, instead to sway you.  

That's why I say it is an act of desperation. I prefer the guy to give me ample time to show my true colour and see if i am still worth it after a few months, and see if they can handle me, rather than jump in with rose-tinted glasses because they see fine gyal.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2008
k1banty:

@tgirl4real

it seems you have a small likeness for this guy that want to marry you. Don't tell me it's the first time a guy will use marriage or other material things to trap you into getting intimate with him.

Be honest, if you like him then accept his proposal and wait for the consequences of your foolish act.

Marriage is a good thing.

Haba!!! sad

This is just for the fun of it o. I no talk say i want to accept proposal. The guy talk d thing yesterday and i considered it a good topic for discussion. I have come accross plenty people that proposed d first day.

Phew!!! Sweating already
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2008
Busy_body:

I guessed as much. When you have a friendly and comely face and a figure to die for, you get a lot of desperate guys trying to prove what they are not. They have thoughts like "can i afford her", "my friends would respect and rever me for my taste", "she seems out of my league", "wow i'm lucky i'm talking to her" etc, then feel the need to prove they can compete for your hand in marriage. They forget to profess that they love you, and start telling you all what they have and their material possesion, instead to sway you. 

That's why I say it is an act of desperation. I prefer the guy to give me ample time to show my true colour and see if i am still worth it after a few months, and see if they can handle me, rather than jump in with rose-tinted glasses because they see fine gyal.

That's the way to go sis. I told d guy that he doesn't even know my character and he was like any relationship can work. yeye embarassed
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tgirl4real:

. . . Iyalode, i just checked your location, no be aro yaba left u described so grin

pardon? come again?
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by topup: 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2008
Don't listen to it, if someone told you that. It means NOTHING, his behaviour is what matters most. If you respond to it by being more intimate with him, it could have just been a ploy to get you to see him in a more romantic light. If you're not currently going out, or the best of friends, or have known each other for years, then the guy is just testing the waters to see how gullable you are, or he is really desperate for marriage, who knows he could have said the same thing to another girl last week, but she rejected him.

Don't let him make up your mind for you or rush you, if you weren't interested in him before, this shouldn't change things.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2008
Busy_body:

come again

lol.

Abeg, see person wey yab me on top  hia
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:21pm On Sep 05, 2008
topup:

Don't listen to it, if someone told you that. It means NOTHING, his behaviour is what matters most. If you respond to it by being more intimate with him, it could have just been a ploy to get you to see him in a more romantic light. If you're not currently going out, or the best of friends, or have known each other for years, then the guy is just testing the waters to see how gullable you are, or he is really desperate for marriage, who knows he could have said the same thing to another girl last week, but she rejected him.

Don't let him make up your mind for you or rush you, if you weren't interested in him before, this shouldn't change things.

True talk girl!!! wink
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by topup: 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
Busy_body:

Yup, and if they leave then good ridance, because the marriage would have probably been disasterous if he couldn't handle me after a few months tongue
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2008
Of course, it wont change things. I'm just marvelled at the level guys can go to get a lady.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:30pm On Sep 05, 2008
I met one foolish guy (branch manager) at sweet sensations sometimes ago when i went to make some enquiries. You won't believe the guy proposed that first day. He sat me down as if he had somethn intelligent to say. Lo and behold, he started on the history of his life and ended up handing me a marriage proposal.

Few months later, i went back to that branch to get some snacks with some friends. I saw the guy, so, i decided to pretend i din't know him. The guy couldn't even walk up to me. He was wondering if he knew me or not. how he go remember wen na so he dey propose to every girl that enters sweet sensations. grin
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tgirl4real:

Of course, it wont change things. I'm just marvelled at the level guys can go to get a lady.

I have long given up on guys that do this, it is the ladies that accepts that amazes me. And I know 3 people that got married within a week of meeting their hubby, and of course, money played an important part. A cousin of mine did it too, she said it is better to get married to someone that can take care of you, rather than someone who you would struggle with undecided

3 outta those 4 are in serious trouble but they can't get out as they are newlyweds, the fourth one too got into a few trouble but she has gone underground. I also know loads of guys that are regretting their hasty life partner choice and are suffering.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can U Define Big Girl? / Help, Her Boifrnd Is A Sex Addict... / Should Nigerian Ladies Start Doing This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.