Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,337 members, 7,836,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

What Would You Make Of This? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Make Of This? (2433 Views)

Guys What Do You Make Of This Pix / Ladies How Do You Make Your Choice From The Multiple Guys Asking You Out For Val / What Do You Make Of This Story? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 6:35pm On Sep 05, 2008
topup:

Don't listen to it, if someone told you that. It means NOTHING, his behaviour is what matters most. If you respond to it by being more intimate with him, it could have just been a ploy to get you to see him in a more romantic light. If you're not currently going out, or the best of friends, or have known each other for years, then the guy is just testing the waters to see how gullable you are, or he is really desperate for marriage, who knows he could have said the same thing to another girl last week, but she rejected him.

Don't let him make up your mind for you or rush you, if you weren't interested in him before, this shouldn't change things.

Keep on keeping it real sister. wink
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by k1banty(m): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2008
Na wah for woman, just because say man like better thing and he dey promise heaven on earth that one no mean say make una dey use us pose and denge.

One thing i noticed is women always find it difficult to tell the truth to a man's face in a polite manner. why is this so?
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tgirl4real:

I met one foolish guy (branch manager) at sweet sensations sometimes ago when i went to make some enquiries. You won't believe the guy proposed that first day. He sat me down as if he had somethn intelligent to say. Lo and behold, he started on the history of his life and ended up handing me a marriage proposal.

Few months later, i went back to that branch to get some snacks with some friends. I saw the guy, so, i decided to pretend i din't know him. The guy couldn't even walk up to me. He was wondering if he knew me or not. how he go remember when na so he dey propose to every girl that enters sweet sensations. grin

A close friend's ex gave her an ultimatum of one week, she said no instantly because they never got on and always fought and he always cheated on her. The same week, news filtered to us that he proposed to a girl he just met when he travelled to Lagos three months ago. shocked He proposed 3 days after my friend turned him down shocked God help some people.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2008
Busy_body:

I have long given up on guys that do this, it is the ladies that accepts that amazes me. And I know 3 people that got married within a week of meeting their hubby, and of course, money played an important part. A cousin of mine did it too, she said it is better to get married to someone that can take care of you, rather than someone who you would struggle with undecided

3 out of those 4 are in serious trouble but they can't get out as they are newlyweds, the fourth one too got into a few trouble but she has gone underground. I also know loads of guys that are regretting their hasty life partner choice and are suffering.

Nawa o. I don conclude that desperation/love of money/dishonesty is the root of most broken marriages. sad
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2008
k1banty:

Na wah for woman, just because say man like better thing and he dey promise heaven on earth that one no mean say make una dey use us pose and denge.

One thing i noticed is women always find it difficult to tell the truth to a man's face in a polite manner. why is this so?

The question i will pose to youb is "why do guys find it hard to accept the honest truth even when the lady is polite[quote][/quote]
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
k1banty:

It's not like that. Men often find it difficulty to approach a girl they consider above their league and resort to using material things to woo her. If you like a girl, go for her, if you don't have a lot in your pocket, tell her when the opportunity comes up, and she does not mind, hold on tight to her, you have got yourself a good woman.

Have you not realised that when men are asked to reminisce about their previous relationships, it's the girls that stood by them when they had nothing that they tend to like the most?

As for the question, I guess women have feelings and can't react in a brash manner as you men do, so we have to find a way to break things down to you gently. Or do you mean ladies are not polite and are rude?
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tgirl4real:

Nawa o. I don conclude that desperation/love of money/dishonesty is the root of most broken marriages. sad

add to that peer pressure, parent's pressure, jealousy, not wanting to be left out and jumping on the bandwagon because they don't want to be left out.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 6:55pm On Sep 05, 2008
k1banty:

And again, it's not as if there is not enough problem with women already, you should not have to promise any woman anything. If you don't have, then you don't have, God will provide. A woman that is not interested if you don't have money is not your wife, she is a weed that God is telling you to uproot in your life for better nourishing plants to grow forth. wink
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2008
Busy_body, it's not in all cases that the guy is not on the same level with the girl. Some guys just don't think before they talk, while some are born liars. At the same time we have those that are truly desperate and can actually do anything to get the girl they want.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by k1banty(m): 9:18pm On Sep 06, 2008
@busy_body

why do 'some' women especially those working always have to 'access' a guy's appearance before anything else. What are they looking for? I get levels so i don't just ask/talk to any girl, she has to be classy and when you want that you step up your game. No woman will want to understand your situation, they want something in a man they can hold on to. Good job that pays well, choice cars (some will even tell you they want to manage with what you've got)

If it is just any girl then that will be easy and women will understand but if you want the best the you have to flaunt your best. Men overdo with their promises but some can afford to do it while some can't. This is part of the "wooing" process. All lies will always be uncover later, serves who right? Me i don't know.

Na so i see am
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by mikelbay(m): 9:38pm On Sep 06, 2008
it means luv dey shak the guy and shayo no dey last
b4 d person eye go clear. wink
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by k1banty(m): 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2008
@tgirl4real

If you politely turn a guy down and he doesn't want to let you be, then do what you like. Guy will always keep trying that luck and that is not their fault. Some guys do feel that if they keep the pressure on, maybe and i repeat maybe the girl may give them a chance.

A mature guy will always respect you if you politely tell him you are not interested.

Lies will always be uncovered

Men are liars so also are women;
Men are desperate so also are women (i know alot of women that are more desperate than men)

Situation is 50/50
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by k1banty(m): 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2008
One more thing

what is wrong with our female undergraduates?

What are they looking for? they have boyfriends but they still want to hang out with aristos.

e gba mi, this are mothers of tomorrow and they want to give birth to future governors, ministers, diplomats.

I saw something today while hanging out in a bar of a popular hotel. Mind you i have to take my cars to the mechanic for maintenance so i decided to catch small fun. There was this girl receiving a phone call from her innocent boyfriend and she was with this pot belly aristo. I was shocked at her convo, believe me it was all lies upon lies and she managed to convince her boyfriend that she was in school. Everything ended with the three strange words 'i love you' and the case was over.

Wetin woman dey find from aristos?

money? fun plus excitement?? sex??

Strange world indeed
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by omoovie(f): 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2008
Tgirl4real titi na u? How i wish u had imparted dat knowledge 2 me b4 my 2nd boyfriend! God! I was so naive!
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 06, 2008
Wedding in a week?
Sorry, I don't do Vegas style
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 12:12am On Sep 07, 2008
k1banty:

@busy_body
why do 'some' women especially those working always have to 'access' a guy's appearance before anything else. What are they looking for?

Contrary to what a lot of people have to say, you know you like someone and you know straightaway whether you are interested in them or not. That is why some girls would tell you no outright if you are wowo to them, but if you are fine you would know from their body language, and because they don't wanna appear cheap they start acting coyly and tell you they would think about it.

k1banty:

I get levels so i don't just ask/talk to any girl, she has to be classy and when you want that you step up your game.

Now we are singing from the same hymn sheet. You get level, the girl get level, but remember say level pass level wink No matter your level, you would still be out of some girl's reach she go bounce you say no be ya typegrin

So if you like make una step up your game till kingdom come and even overstep your boundary, no show for you, you will only get egg on your face tongue

k1banty:

No woman will want to understand your situation, they want something in a man they can hold on to. Good job that pays well, choice cars (some will even tell you they want to manage with what you've got)

Not all women have long throat, so sorry I can't speak for those girls. You need to start spreading your tentacles further if it is those types you have been meeting or tone down your effizy/shakara cheesy.

k1banty:

If it is just any girl then that will be easy and women will understand but if you want the best the you have to flaunt your best. Men overdo with their promises but some can afford to do it while some can't. This is part of the "wooing" process. All lies will always be uncover later, serves who right? Me i don't know.
Na so i see am

You don't need to have a bulging wallet to woo a woman otherwise both of you are deceiving yourselves and setting yourselves up for . . . lipsrsealed
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 12:19am On Sep 07, 2008
Tgirl4real:

Busy_body, it's not in all cases that the guy is not on the same level with the girl. Some guys just don't think before they talk, while some are born liars. At the same time we have those that are truly desperate and can actually do anything to get the girl they want.

If the guy is on the same level as the girl, then he does not have to promise her heaven and earth, if the guy starts flashing, how would he know whether the girl truly loves him or only loves him for his money? It is only insecure guys with inferiority complex that use material things to woo girls who they think are out of their league.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 12:22am On Sep 07, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Wedding in a week?
Sorry, I don't do Vegas style

What is wrong with a drive-thru wedding? Unromantic killjoy grin grin grin
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Outstrip(f): 12:35am On Sep 07, 2008
A guy once said that to me. He said he would give me the world or die trying. It was so corny. We had not even known each other for 2 weeks though I went to high school with his twin sister. I actually laughed it off but he did not give up. He got married though and whenever we would run into each other I would tease him about it and he would be so embarassed. Funny as hell.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Busybody2(f): 12:53am On Sep 07, 2008
Outstrip:

A guy once said that to me. He said he would give me the world or die trying. It was so corny. We had not even known each other for 2 weeks though I went to high school with his twin sister. I actually laughed it off but he did not give up. He got married though and whenever we would run into each other I would tease him about it and he would be so embarassed. Funny as hell.

Seems like this is a very common occurence. Only God knows what goes through men's brain or what their brain is made up of sef to think such thoughts and actually voice it out undecided
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by iice(f): 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2008
Ladies what would you make of a man that says he can marry you in a week if given the oppurtunity?

Guys, what do you have in mind for a lady you say this too, that is if you have been in the situation before?

Honest responses please!!!

Na today? I find it hilarious
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Gamine(f): 7:00pm On Sep 07, 2008
Ahh Tgirly

How you take know sef.

i wonder what some guys think, the desperadoness dosnt surprise me these days o
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Abuseay(m): 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2008
Hmmnn, Gamine,
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Gamine(f): 8:01pm On Sep 07, 2008
Han han

Who are you? undecided
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by victorian(f): 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2008
Poster, pls dont accept his proposal to marry you within a week of just meeting. Its a trap, i was once a victim. My exhusband saw me for the first time and proposed within a week, he lives abroad, has a good job, but the guy was not what he proclaimed to be. I saw "pepper" lipsrsealed. But i thank God, am out of it alive smiley. God is good O! Beware.
No good man would want to rush into marrying a girl , he simply met within a week shocked, NONE!
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by adeboo(f): 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2008
Well it depends on how long i have known him.
If its a week, i will tell him to hold his horses.

I know of guys that know what they want that when they met their bone, they proposed straight away so that she doesnt get away from them.

If a guy i have known for a week proposes, i will be be tempted to know why he is in such a hurry.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2008
victorian:

Poster, please don't accept his proposal to marry you within a week of just meeting. Its a trap, i was once a victim. My exhusband saw me for the first time and proposed within a week, he lives abroad, has a good job, but the guy was not what he proclaimed to be. I saw "pepper" lipsrsealed. But i thank God, am out of it alive smiley. God is good O! Beware.
No good man would want to rush into marrying a girl , he simply met within a week shocked, NONE!

Girl, i can imagine. Some animals pretending to be human all in the name of fame and money.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2008
Abuseay:

Hmmnn, Gamine,

Hey dude,

Sorry abt d other day. Couldn't walk my way through the bad network.
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2008
Gamine:

Ahh Tgirly

How you take know sef.

i wonder what some guys think, the desperadoness dosnt surprise me these days o

Hey girl. How u dey? How camp
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Gamine(f): 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2008
I dey o! grin

Which Camp embarassed
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2008
May be Redemption camp. grin
Re: What Would You Make Of This? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:42am On Oct 13, 2008
Can we resume on this topic grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Help Pls!!!how Do I Convince An Ex 2dislyk Me?? / How To Woo A Lady / Help, She Found Out Her Boy Friend Is Gay..any Hope Of Him Becoming Straight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.