Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,261 members, 7,811,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? (3595 Views)

Is Dis Love Or Infatuation....advise Pls / Tips To Differentiate Between A Loving Girlfriend And A Pretender / Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Abuseay(m): 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2008
Hmm, this is kinda, getting confusing, please how do u differentiate love or Infatutaion., in a relationship? before it leads to marriage.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by timbabng(m): 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2008
no one knows? its like gambling ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Abuseay(m): 12:11am On Sep 07, 2008
Ha ok now,
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Busybody2(f): 12:37am On Sep 07, 2008
Very simple.

Be honest with yourself about physical attraction, mannerism, financial aspect, love,communication, dependability, etc and search yourself and ask yourself why you are with him/her and whether she is someone you see yourself with a few years down the line.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Abuseay(m): 12:38am On Sep 07, 2008
omo busy body, this is getting complicated abeg,
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Busybody2(f): 12:49am On Sep 07, 2008
What is? It is better to tackle the complications because they would surely resurface and be ten times magnified once you get married.

But then again, you can opt and settle for the selfish, easy route, no winners, no losers, everyman for himself, anything goes, marriage of convenience with plenty lashings of infatuation.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Abuseay(m): 12:51am On Sep 07, 2008
ouch busybody u need a knock on ur head, innit!
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Busybody2(f): 12:55am On Sep 07, 2008
Abuseay:

ouch busybody u need a knock on your head, innit!

Nope you asked the question, so I thought you needed a kick up your backside before you started considering settling for less tongue
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 1:01am On Sep 07, 2008
Abuseay:

Hmm, this is kind of, getting confusing, please how do u differentiate love or Infatutaion., in a relationship? before it leads to marriage.

When your closeness to your woman is bordering on obsession then it's infatuation.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 1:07am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

When your closeness to your woman is bordering on obsession then it's infatuation.
Well. . . . yes and no. Yes because when all you want to do is be next to that significant other, then it goes on the grounds of infatuation. No, because you could really love the person and can't stand a moment without them.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Abuseay(m): 1:12am On Sep 07, 2008
haha, oga oo, no one really knows the answer, i fink
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 1:13am On Sep 07, 2008
onyinye2:

Well. . . . yes and no. Yes because when all you want to do is be next to that significant other, then it goes on the grounds of infatuation. No, because you could really love the person and can't stand a moment without them.

Love itself is healthy. . . . . Infatuation is not.

When a man calls a woman 100 times a day then thatz bordering on obsession.
Some men would say. . . .I'D DIE for u and reh reh reh(classic example on infatuation)
I say. . . .Stop it right there and drop whatever you are doing, now!

No woman is ever worth dying for. Hell, I am not even sure if any woman alone is even worth living for.
All jokes aside, people should realise they are no longer in junior high and life is a revolving door of women.
If one leaves, another one is itching to take her place.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 1:19am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Love itself is healthy. . . . . Infatuation is not.

When a man calls a woman 100 times a day then thatz bordering on obsession.
Some men would say. . . .I'D DIE for u and reh reh reh(classic example on infatuation)
I say. . . .Stop it right there and drop whatever you are doing, now!

No woman is ever worth dying for. Hell, I am not even sure if any woman alone is even worth living for.
All jokes aside, people should realise they are no longer in junior high and life is a revolving door of women.
If one leaves, another one is itching to take her place.
Ahhh. . . . you say this now. Of course there is always that ONE SOLE person in life you would risk laying your life on the line for them.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 1:21am On Sep 07, 2008
onyinye2:

Ahhh. . . . you say this now. Of course there is always that ONE SOLE person in life you would risk laying your life on the line for them.

Do i like look like Jack Dawson(Titanic)?? grin cheesy
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 1:23am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Jack was a real man. He put the love of his life out of harms way because he truly loved her. And when you truly love someone, you are willing to ride or die with them.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 1:26am On Sep 07, 2008
onyinye2:

Jack was a real man. He put the love of his life out of harms way because he truly loved her. And when you truly love someone, you are willing to ride or die with them.

Where did it get him??
The lady he so much loved remarried when she got to New York and Jack was forgotten for 84 years.
Real men don't get down like that.

Relationships are all about compromise, no doubt. But compromising is one thing and selling out is another.
Some men tell their chics "I will kill myself if you leave me".
Come on. . . . . . Is that not insanity??
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 1:28am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Where did it get him??
The lady he so much loved remarried when she got to New York and Jack was forgotten for 84 years.

Relationships are all about compromise, no doubt. But compromising is one thing and selling out is another.
Oka you got a point there with the whole suicidal comment. But i still say that when you truly love a person, you are willing to lay your life on the line, to keep them safe. I mean it is only human if you do so.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Seun(m): 1:29am On Sep 07, 2008
He put the love of his life out of harms way because he truly loved her.
Why can't woman die for the men they "love"?  Why is it always men who must die for "love"?
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 1:31am On Sep 07, 2008
Seun:

Why can't woman die for the men they "love"?  Why is it always men who must suffer for "love"?
Because. . . . . . it is usually the man who takes up that obligation when the opportunity comes upon.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 1:33am On Sep 07, 2008
Seun:

Why can't woman die for the men they "love"?  Why is it always men who must die for "love"?

Thank you very much for this question.
Women now see men as lab experiments. tongue

onyinye2:

Oka you got a point there with the whole suicidal comment. But i still say that when you truly love a person, you are willing to lay your life on the line, to keep them safe. I mean it is only human if you do so.

Onyinye, it's infatuation!!!!

Would u let your brother lay his life for a woman?? A mere female?? grin
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 1:37am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Onyinye, it's infatuation!!!!

Would u let your brother lay his life for a woman?? A mere female?? grin
Of course i wouldn't "allow" him. But if the time came (God forbid) that something like such happened, you gotta do what you gotta do. And i know that my father would lay his life for my mother any day of the week.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Abuseay(m): 1:37am On Sep 07, 2008
yawa don dey gas for my blog oo, abeg take am easy ooo
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Nobody: 1:37am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Oh Gawd! cheesy grin
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 1:41am On Sep 07, 2008
onyinye2:

Of course i wouldn't "allow" him. But if the time came (God forbid) that something like such happened, you gotta do what you gotta do. And i know that my father would lay his life for my mother any day of the week.

U wouldn't allow ur male sibling to die for a woman and yet u want someone's male sibling to DIE for you. . .
Pumbaa, u have spoken well.
I hope and pray u find many men who are certified lab rats. tongue
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by TheSly: 1:42am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Where did it get him??

Those are wussies and puppies. . . . .You wouldn't catch me dead rolling wid em likes.

No matter how i love someone. . . . .even though i utterly detest the word love
I can never risk a scratch on my nail for her. . . . . Its only stupid!!
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 1:44am On Sep 07, 2008
The Sly:

Those are wussies and puppies. . . . .You wouldn't catch me dead rolling wid em likes.

I can never risk a scratch on my nail for her. . . . . Its only stupid!!

U can say that again, bro!!!
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 1:45am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

You wouldn't allow your male sibling to die for a woman and yet u want someone's male sibling to DIE for you. . .
Pumbaa, u have spoken well.
I hope and pray u find many men who are certified lab rats. tongue
Mufasa, stop twisting my words. You know what i meant. I meant of course i would not got to my brother and say "Die for your wife". what kind of sense does that make? it is his choice not mine. He knows what he has to do for the one he loves, and doesn't need my permission to do so.

The Sly:

I can never risk a scratch on my nail for her.  . . . . Its only stupid!!
Awww. . . . This is a BOLD FACE lie.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Abuseay(m): 1:47am On Sep 07, 2008
that guy tooo lie, we catch onyiye no be so, amke anyone no con dey lie for here ooo,
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by TheSly: 1:52am On Sep 07, 2008
onyinye2:

Those that have be caught in my web knows better.
Put my life on line?? I would simply sweet-mouth my way out.
U cant understand. . . . . .But i have been there, Done that and will most defly do it again. wink
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 1:53am On Sep 07, 2008
onyinye2:

Mufasa, stop twisting my words. You know what i meant. I meant of course i would not got to my brother and say "Die for your wife". what kind of sense does that make? it is his choice not mine. He knows what he has to do for the one he loves, and doesn't need my permission to do so.

What are u prepared to do for the man u LOVE?

He is not LYING cos i don't see maself breaking a strand of hair for any woman.
The men that take out a special life insurance in case their women leave them are wussies.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 07, 2008
@ topic
You get over the euphoria associated with infatuation over a limited period of time. The attraction dies, boredom seeps in and you keep wondering what you saw in the person in the first place.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 1:57am On Sep 07, 2008
The Sly:

Those that have be caught in my web knows better.
Put my life on line?? I would simply sweet-mouth my way out.
You can't understand. . . . . .But i have been there, Done that and will most defly do it again. wink
For your reference, don't dictate what i can or can not understand. Seriously
Anyways, sweet talk. . . . . whatever. When the time comes, you will look onto your girl with puppy eyes and say "I love you" and put your life on the line.

Hannibal:

What are u prepared to do for the man u LOVE?
I plan on. . . . to be there to ride or die with/for him.

Hannibal:

He is not LYING because i don't see maself breaking a strand of hair for any woman.
The men that take out a special life insurance in case their women leave them are wussies.
Sharrup dia. Watch you be the one to push the woman you love away from a moving car and risk your life in the process.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will You Be Embarassed If This Happened? / My Girlfriend Gat The Best Figure / Nairalanders Please Say Something About This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.