Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,043 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? (3693 Views)

Is Dis Love Or Infatuation....advise Pls / Do We Still Fall In Love? Or Infatuation? / Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by kallylove(m): 10:48am On Jan 19, 2006
Well, ?

Which one did you feel at first, when you meet your girlfriend .
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by hotangel2(f): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2006
Attraction comes first. You just feel the "ohh.. i wanna know him more".

Whoever choose love needs therapy.

1 Like

Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by nicetohave(m): 10:16am On Jan 22, 2006
its all about the A word

attraction! attraction!! attraction!!!

if i cant get it up while looking at you, even if youre mother theresa forget it cool
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by MatureMe(f): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2006
It's all about attraction, you have to like what you're seeing in order to take it somewhere else with another person. wink
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by kallylove(m): 10:24am On Jan 23, 2006
cheesy I guess you all right. But I still think you could feel Infatuated to someone at first sight. Don't you think so?
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by DEKING3(m): 6:18pm On Jan 23, 2006
True about the infatuation thing. Some get infatuated at first and that's why if they get into the relationship, they'll get out saying " I didn't know that was how he/she was. The truth remains that it's still attraction of some sort that starts whatever you feel up. That's why you've got to watch with widely open eyes. shocked
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by wahalaman(m): 10:45pm On Jan 23, 2006
Attraction!!! .... my man.

it all starts from what the eye sees and the signal goes on to the next organ and from there it goes on and on and on.
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by SCATTAUNA(f): 1:26am On Jan 24, 2006
grin attraction now na wetin. That's like getting dress in the dark abi you come out door you na see the thing you like?
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by iginla(m): 3:29am On Jan 24, 2006
attraction comes first,as one need to be attracted to the "object"then imagines what could happen next,here we then talk of infatuation,love might come if...
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by naijacutie(f): 3:31am On Jan 24, 2006
For me, it's all about the initial attraction. How can you be in love with or infatuated with someone you first meet? That seems a little off to me... undecided
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by Scorpio(f): 3:32am On Jan 24, 2006
attraction sets it off for me, n then it could b infatuation depending on his personality!
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by Ynot(m): 4:09am On Jan 24, 2006
What if you've heard so much good stuff about this person before you even met him/her. Isn't it possible to fall in love with the painted image on your mind? Or do you wanna tell me our unfortunate blind brothers/sisters don't fall in love? And whatever happened to 'love at first sight'.
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by paddylo1(m): 4:16am On Jan 24, 2006
Attraction...then infatuation....and if it lasts long enough after that..love...
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by naijacutie(f): 4:18am On Jan 24, 2006
If you're falling in love with a secondhand account of a person, you may be putting the person on an unrealistic pedestal. Call me a cynic, but I don't believe in love at first sight. Lust at first sight, yes... wink
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by icingbaby(f): 4:27am On Jan 24, 2006
Attraction comes first for me . smiley
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by Ynot(m): 4:37am On Jan 24, 2006
@naijacutie
Maybe to you. Maybe your definition of love is just having plain old sex, sex and more sex. IMHO, love is way more than that. Sex should be one of the benefits/ingredients of love. Pity, hollywood and western culture has been telling us otherwise.
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by naijacutie(f): 4:48am On Jan 24, 2006
I never said anything about sex!! I'm just being realistic about love. Nna, I think you misunderstood me. I'm one of the biggest advocates of love. I just don't think it's immediate upon seeing someone.
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by ocho(f): 7:27am On Jan 24, 2006
for me, ATTRACTION comes first and then maybe infatuation and then comes the LOVE word!
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by christyne(f): 9:09am On Jan 24, 2006
I think attraction comes first cos no matter what,one thing must attract u to the other person before u start feeling infatuation/love as the case maybe.
So ATTRACTION comes first.
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by kenflavor(m): 9:29am On Jan 24, 2006
Yes, you are alright, it is first, attraction and infatuation or love afterwards.

@Ynot
I also agreed with u. A cousin of mine saw this lady's picture in a family friend's house and right after then, they got communicating thru phone and before u say Jack Robbinson my cousin was already talking about love and that he would make sure he gets married to the lady in question. 3 months after, they met themselves at the Village and they remain the best love birds I have ever seen. The wedding bell rings May this year.
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by kabifarm(m): 11:20am On Jan 24, 2006
The truth of the matter is that there is actually nothing like LOVE. All that u can ever have is either attraction or infatuation.
This is because before two get close there must be something will attract one or both of them to want to know more about one another. which mean attraction come first. But in the course of d relationship, should anything remove that thing that attracted one to the other, every other thing ever talked about (love affection etc 0 starts loosing value
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by kallylove(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2006
Ynot:

What if you've heard so much good stuff about this person before you even met him/her. Isn't it possible to fall in love with the painted image on your mind? Or do you want to tell me our unfortunate blind brothers/sisters don't fall in love? And whatever happened to 'love at first sight'.

I agree with what you just said. It is possible to Love someone at the first sight of seeing the person. Maybe you've been hearing so much about the person like @ynot said. That will make eager to meet him/her. And with that said You've already have the feeling "LOVE" before you meet the person. What do you think?
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by dejiolowe: 11:42am On Jan 24, 2006
attraction then infatuation. stop! who says love comes after?
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by shockreaction(m): 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2006
Definitely attraction.

Infatuation? Well, no. Infatuation doesn't happen with me.
As I get to know the person, over time, I either start to like, or dislike the person, based on personality.

If nothing works out, I forget about it and move on.
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by dagaro(m): 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2006
Attraction first!
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by SweetnSour(f): 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2006
welll Love is above all
but on first basis... I'd say attraction
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by cutiepie18(f): 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2006
yup itz true attraction do come first then the others follow
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by IAH(f): 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2006
Atrraction gives birth to the rest.
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by Rolly: 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2006
this is the path....

Attraction------------->infatuation-------------->love
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by Ashbaby(f): 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2006
The discussion can now end since we all agree.
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by Rolly: 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2006
hmmm...... trust nairalanders, this dicussion will not end here o!
Re: Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? by Ashbaby(f): 8:51pm On Jan 24, 2006
I know....never happened, never will happen. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ / 10 Lifestyles Of Bachelors / 36 Questions That Will Make Anyone Fall In Love With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.