Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? (3600 Views)

Is Dis Love Or Infatuation....advise Pls / Tips To Differentiate Between A Loving Girlfriend And A Pretender / Love, Attraction or Infatuation: Which Comes First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 3:13am On Sep 07, 2008
tope2000:

All you men seem to be having that bullshit disorder
what is it called again . . . . . . . . . . . commitment phobic is it

All MEN can't be wrong.
It means something is actually wrong with y'all women that makes MEN wanna back off. . . tongue
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by tope2000(f): 3:16am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

All MEN can't be wrong.
It means something is actually wrong with y'all women that makes MEN want to back off. . . tongue

oh get over urselves whores grin tongue
it just a pathetic excuse for, i can't have just one woman in my life
i still want to mess around
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 3:22am On Sep 07, 2008
tope2000:

oh get over urselves whores grin tongue
it just a pathetic excuse for, i can't have just one woman in my life
i still want to mess around

Men love their freedom.
For men, the very thunk of making a commitment to one woman for the rest of their lives is enough to send them sprinting for the hills.
The dreaded "C-word" implies compromise, loss of independence, the sacrifice of sexual variety, and the looming specter of financial devastation.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 3:26am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Rulers that bend??
Onyinye thinks a ruler is a willy. tongue grin
Get ya mind out of the gutter, negress!!!
LMAO!!! Do you still live in the stonge ages? Of course they have rulers that bend.
Anyways you are either scared, frontin, or gay.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 3:30am On Sep 07, 2008
onyinye2:

LMAO!!! Do you still live in the stonge ages? Of course they have rulers that bend.
Anyways you are either scared, frontin, or gay.

Pumbaa, slow your roll.
I ain't scared and i ain't GAY.
Fear of commitment and homosexuality don't correlate. cheesy
Have u been drinking small guinness @ Finger Licking??
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 3:32am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Pumbaa, slow your roll.
I ain't scared and i ain't GAY.
Fear of commitment and homosexuality don't correlate. cheesy
You are contradicting yourself. You just stated you aint scared but then go around and say that you have a fear of commitment.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 3:35am On Sep 07, 2008
onyinye2:

You are contradicting yourself. You just stated you aint scared but then go around and say that you have a fear of commitment.

There are no contradictions here.
I was speaking generally. . . . .Because some men in general fear commitment doesn't mean they are homosexuals.
Jeeeeez. . . . . .Where did that come from??
The main reason why men won't commit is because they don't wanna sacrifice their sexual variety.
They wanna keep playing. How is that gay??
Surely, Isi ewu is making u hallucinate.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 3:40am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

There are no contradictions here.
I was speaking generally. . . . .Because some men in general fear commitment doesn't mean they are homosexuals.
Jeeeeez. . . . . .Where did that come from??
The main reason why men won't commit is because they don't want to sacrifice their sexual variety.
They want to keep playing. How is that gay??
Surely, Isi ewu is making u hallucinate.
For your reference, ordered from "Suya Hut" tonight, not "Finger Licking" tongue
Anyways, what im saying is fear of commitment is so played out. I mean come on. Just stick with one woman. Don't see why a guy needs multiple women to feel satisfied. sounds rather high schoolish and selfish to me.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Hannibal: 3:48am On Sep 07, 2008
onyinye2:

For your reference, ordered from "Suya Hut" tonight, not "Finger Licking" tongue

Don't make me hungry,abeg!!!

Anyways, what im saying is fear of commitment is so played out. I mean come on. Just stick with one woman. Don't see why a guy needs multiple women to feel satisfied. sounds rather high schoolish and selfish to me.

Fear of commitment is because of a billion reasons.

--No more freedom
--One sex partner, forever
--Men can't trust women
--The emotional baggage
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by onyinye2(f): 3:52am On Sep 07, 2008
Hannibal:

Don't make me hungry,abeg!!!

Fear of commitment is because of a billion reasons.

--No more freedom
--One sex partner, forever
--Men can't trust women
--The emotional baggage
This is just rubbish through my ears. It sounds like dude don't wanna grow up. But live like he in college all the days of his life. Well ya can't. Eventually dude gonna get lonely and is going to want a lady he can call his. Women can't trust men either.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Agielove: 3:54am On Sep 07, 2008
Love  is: I really like him, i want to know him better, perhaps we shall become good friends
Infatutation is: Wow! This guy is so hot, i want to have him, i think i am falling inlove!

Love is: I wonder how he is doing today? He doesnt look so happy, I am worried, how can i help him?
Infuation is: How can I make him mine? how do i send my rivals packing,? i  hope his mood will not spoil our day!

Love is: This T ~shirt looks nice, i will buy it for him, i think he will like it.
Infatuation is: I will make him the man of my dreams, i will improve his dress sense, turn him to the hottest guy in town, my friends will be green with envy

Love is: I pray for him every day
Infatuation is: I dream of him everyday

Love is: There is something about him, i just like being around him.
Infatuation is: I love his touch, he makes me feel like a woman.

Love is: I have accepted him the way he is, the things i cannot change i have accepted.
Infatuation is: I will change him, i will make him the perfect guy for me.

Love is, Its inexhaustable!   grin
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Morenike3(f): 3:56am On Sep 07, 2008
Love is now material goods?
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Abuseay(m): 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2008
Material goods bawo? me i no understand this love thing ooo, just simple question these people are making it complicated, shoooooooooooo
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Morenike3(f): 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2008
Abuseay:

Material goods bawo? me i no understand this love thing ooo, just simple question these people are making it complicated, shoooooooooooo
That was suppose to be the question for the poster above me
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2008
The different between the two is a matter of time.The truth is if u infactuate someone all u like is the physical thing, the body, the shape n everything physical or in short u want to do the koko below thing after that nothing, but when u love, I tell u,u will know.Nobody need tell u that u are in love. It is just a matter of time,
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Abuseay(m): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2008
ok oo, Mr Noble pat , looks like ur an author and experienced professional,
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by adeboo(f): 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2008
I think in order to differentiate, u have to have experienced different dilemas or issues with the person u claim u love.
You must have had a few squibbles, had lots of experiences that will draw you closer to each other or certain things must have happened in ur relationsip and u pull through it, then u know that this partner is worth considering.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by LEOSAM: 3:35am On Sep 09, 2008
am glad to see u online,am samson from nigeria,am computer engineer and am looking for a woman like u that will take good care of me,and i will take good care of you don't worry about money,have been looking for a wife since 2007 and am 28 years in age,if you are ready contact me on leosam02@yahoo.com or 07034490111,039763282 am here for you bye.

Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Morenike3(f): 3:36am On Sep 09, 2008
Long hiss
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by florapete: 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2008
love doesn't exist.
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by Abuseay(m): 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2008
who is thei television guy on my thread
Re: Love Or Infatuation? How Do We Differentiate? by xpyamax(f): 9:13pm On Sep 14, 2008
To Hannibal, I don't know you but I think that you need to grow up. A real man isn't one that can sleep with the most women or pull the most beautiful girls, any dog could do that. A real man is one that can find a woman he loves (the right one for him which requires wisdom) and can love her for as long as she lives, and take good care of her for a lifetime.
Man whores like you are so common, they lack self control, commitment and I would argue self respect- and that isn't something to brag about.

My take on marriage is that the bible says a woman should respect and serve her husband. That is the wife's role. The man's role is to love his wife as Christ loved the church. Which means enough to die for her.
If a man doesn't love his wife as Christ loved the Church then how can they expect his wife to have dinner waiting and ready for him when he comes home? The bible also states that we love Christ because he first loved the us. Therefore, the wife serves her husband because he first loved her.

When you love and respect someone it is easy to do things for them, you find yourself trying to please them.

To answer the poster's question, another difference with infatuation is that unlike love, it doesn't usually come with respect. For example, if you love your girlfriend and she isn't ready for sex, you will respect her till she's ready. However, if you're just infatuated with her, once you realise that you aren't getting any, the attraction will eventually dissapear (like stillwater mentioned earlier).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wanna Steal My Man? -ladies / Let Us See The Beauty Of Western Nigerian Women. / For. Men Only!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.