Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge (2699 Views)

How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? / If The Tribal Game Continues - We Might Never Have An Ibo President. / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by tpia: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2008
oziomatv:

Is that all your insulting dictionary can provide to qualify me? Listen Never and ever you get your dirty hands 100meters closer to any of Igbo decent for marriage if that is all your plan.

look at this one.

Grandiose delusion is not good.

People like this oziomatv are the ones blocking Igbo progress. Any tribe at all in which the majority behave like him, will definitely have a negative backlash due to this kind of irresponsible xenophobic attitude. That's why Africa is the way it is today- too many backward thinking people in the majority.

Thats why he's spouting foolish talk because he thinks he's a Zionist. yeah right. Too many people like you will usher in another Hitler, for real. undecided

DeepZone:

There is nothing wrong with it. What was wrong with the comment is stipulating the the president MUST be married to a non ibo woman to be considered when other tribes did not get such stipulations. As for me, I see the Nigerian presidency as an honorary and personal money making venture and do not care where he/she comes from because they don't have anything positive to contribute to the welfare of their people.
As for people saying the ibo presidency should be due in 32 years, do not forget the North has three geo political zones and only one zone has ruled. I suggest the reduce their tenure to 4 years each so that the rotation can go round in 24 years.

who says other tribes did not get such stipulations?

for an educated person, you do have a very intense tribalistic mindset, which is not good.

@ bolded: thats all there is to it. State your preference without feeling hurt by other people's own.

The Igbo president doesnt have to be male, by the way. As long as I'm the one doing the choosing.

also, why bring the north into this topic again? I don tire for all this reciprocal bashing abeg. You happened to be born Yoruba- its not something you consciously decided to be. You could just as easily have been hausa, given chance.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by oziomatv(m): 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2008
tpia:

look at this one.

Grandiose delusion is not good.
did you watch yourself first in the mirror before vomiting that words or you just want to be sentimental?
I'll not mind you for now I'm having fun the other side.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by tpia: 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2008
oziomatv:

did you watch yourself first in the mirror before vomiting that words or you just want to be sentimental?
I'll not mind you for now I'm having fun the other side.

go back and reread my post. I added more.

I'm here waiting for your response.

while you're at it, whats with the nasty photo? You should certainly invest in a mirror yourself.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by vicade(m): 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2008
@topic

Just 32 years? undecided
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by oziomatv(m): 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2008
tpia:

go back and reread my post. I added more.

I'm here waiting for your response.
Go to hell If you think I've all that time to nag.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by tpia: 7:06pm On Sep 09, 2008
oziomatv:

Go to hell If you think I've all that time to nag.

ugly person too dey open mouth. undecided

No wonder you're so bitter. E dey show for ya face, show for ya mouth. undecided
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by oziomatv(m): 7:15pm On Sep 09, 2008
tpia:

ugly person too dey open mouth. undecided

No wonder you're so bitter. E dey show for ya face, show for ya mouth. undecided
I still have the courage to show my ugliness in public. What about your beautiful face?
I know you don't need any make-up to act a horror film the way you sounds, anyway you can make a career with it.

You've left or your time is up in cybercaffe?
Just do yourself a favour to put your genda, I'm just being fair to you cause you sounds female.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by tpia: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2008
oziomatv:

I still have the courage to show my ugliness in public. What about your beautiful face?
I know you don't need any make-up to act a horror film the way you sounds, anyway you can make a career with it.

You've left or your time is up in cybercaffe?
Just do yourself a favour to put your genda, I'm just being fair to you cause you sounds female.

My time was up in cybercafe, so I had to buy some more credit. I could have used the money to buy you a mirror, breathmints and some toothpaste as well, however. Make you no take ya ugliness wound person for here. Dont know if that's your intention.

Wouldnt hurt you to see a dentist either. abi no non-Nigerian dentist for ya side?

My gender has nothing to do with your lousiness. You're one of the most egocentric ,arrogant and ignorant pricks on this forum, and thats why I never hesitate to call you out anytime you show your bush mentality.

I'm here for you anytime anyday. Dont let my gender disturb you.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by McKren(m): 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2008
Tpia

Congrats for spinning what you are saying out of what you actually meant.

I don't have time for so much post today.

But even your new argument is silly.

The idea that all those who married those who speak their own language are not qualified to be President of Nigeria is ridiculous. I am not decieved though because only a kid will buy your new argument as to be what you actually meant.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by tpia: 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2008
McKren:

Tpia

Congrats for spinning what you are saying out of what you actually meant.

I don't have time for so much post today.

But even your new argument is silly.

The idea that all those who married those who speak their own language are not qualified to be President of Nigeria is ridiculous. I am not decieved though because only a kid will buy your new argument as to be what you actually meant.

believe what you want to believe.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by Gamine(f): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2008
lolololol

These Igbo pipu sef undecided undecided undecided
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by grafikdon: 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2008
This elf woman sef. . . grin
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by Gamine(f): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2008
This Ijaw man sef undecided undecided undecided
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by grafikdon: 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2008
Yoruba woman sef, you don come again? grin

For your Info, it is Ijo not Ijaw lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by DeepZone: 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2008
Yoruba woman sef, you don come again?

You don come againooo. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by grafikdon: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2008
DeepZone:

You don come againooo. embarassed embarassed embarassed

grin grin grin tongue before nko?
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by Gamine(f): 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2008
Ijo not Ijaw

Igbo not Ibo

When will you pipu make up your minds eh undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by grafikdon: 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2008
Bia, this Yoruba Elf woman. . . stop drinking gari with PAL Laager beer. . . grin grin grin

IJO!!!! IJO!!!!! IJO!!!!

IGBO!!! IGBO!!! IGBO!!!

Oya, say it. . . tongue tongue
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by Gamine(f): 8:44pm On Sep 09, 2008
Nkem kiss

Dont Stress me o

i will go and marry that Yoruba man undecided
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by grafikdon: 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2008
Whaaaaaat? Abeg no dey crack that kind joke o. . . you wan give me cardiac arrest? Infact no more hanging out with Deepzone!!! that woman sef go put sand sand for my gari cheesy cheesy

Oya we dey go Sicily this weekend to make up for all the trouble wey I cause you. . . kiss kiss
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by DeepZone: 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2008
Whaaaaaat? Abeg no dey crack that kind joke o. . . you wan give me cardiac arrest? Infact no more hanging out with Deepzone!!! that woman sef go put sand sand for my gari Cheesy
ibo boys no fit afford sweet and sexy Gamine tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by QuotaSyste(m): 9:00pm On Sep 09, 2008
Nigeria is in trouble

The way the youths of this country think tells you we are probably living over a gun powder waiting to explode someday??

What does having to be half igbo or married to someone who is'nt Igbo mean not sure where that argument comes from?
Ohh, you should know the reason is because of the fear and the need to curtail the continued rise of the Igbos and their dominance in all spheres of life in nigeria coupled with the fear of igbo revenge of all the attrocities that was visited on them by other nigerians. Don't be surprised that other nigerians also share the same fear and sentiment with the hausa/fulanis. Tpia and his ethnic group are not alone in this fear of the Igbos.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by Gamine(f): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2008
Ibo Igbo boys cannot afford me ooh

But an Ijo boy can kiss

oya, lets go! grin
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by DeepZone: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2008
Ohh, you should know the reason is because of the fear and the need to curtail the continued rise of the Igbos and their dominance in all spheres of life in nigeria coupled with the fear of igbo revenge of all the attrocities that was visited on them by other nigerians. Don't be surprised that other nigerians also share the same fear and sentiment with the hausa/fulanis. Tpia and his ethnic group are not alone in this fear of the Igbos.
Get away; who is afraid of the ibo man's success especially when am equally successful.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by Queenisha: 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2008
Gamine needs to find an uneme man and begin procreating immediately
she needs to replenish her tribe grin
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by QuotaSyste(m): 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2008
tpia wrote:
One reason why the British respected the north more than the south in colonial times is because they (the north) presented a unified government, thanks to Usman dan Fodio's jihad which united them, and it wasnt as much of a headache to govern them as long as their religion wasnt messed with. Like it or not. The south, on the other hand, consisted of various mini-states too many to mention, all declaring themselves autonomous in their own right.
Silly reason and full of lies. the only reason why the British chose to deal with the northerners than the Southerners is because they found out that the illiteracy level amongst them is alarming and as such they will be easier to manipulate and be used to assist them in their (British) quest to corner the resources in nigeria. It is easy to decide and chose to deal with a stupid, moronic and illiterate person in such situation than someone whom you perceived to know what and possible more than you know.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by QuotaSyste(m): 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2008
DeepZone:

Get away; who is afraid of the ibo man's success especially when am equally successful.
Ohh, Orolu sorry ooo and i dey prostrate oo. I didn't know you are in this thread. Sorry abeg. Every other nigerians are afraid of Igbos except you. How you dey nah? I need more of your threads on the love for northerners.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by QuotaSyste(m): 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2008
tpia wrote:
The thread is about an Igbo president, so the topic itself is based on ethnicity.

Nothing wrong with the bolded either. People need to integrate.

I must say I'm also surprised at your post. Maybe you'D be more comfortable if I joined other people and insisted there can never be an Igbo president.
Rubbish and nonsense. Must Igbos or others intergrate and mix with Igbos because you said and and wanted so? Go and find others to mix and dilute your rotten blood with them. Igbos are special people and will not tolerate your arsss and your ethnic group mixing with them. Tufiakwa and abomination.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by QuotaSyste(m): 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2008
wrote by Queenisha:
Igbo president my bakassi.
Does producing a president help any ethnic group really.
OBJ ruled for 8 years,is the plight of the average Yoruba man, woman or youth any better?
Awusa people have been ruling from time Imo river, are they not still the most backward and most disease ridden bunch in Naija.
I don't care where the president comes from as long as he improves the lot of the masses, and vows to be be fair and keeps Nigeria a secular state with strong handed punishment for militants and Islamists
The governors in Igboland come from Igboland, have they helped Igboland or have they succeded in lining their individul pockets like their counterparts in Kano and Oyo?
This sort of thread is getting retarded
Go and tell your story to the ignorant hausa/fulanis that have messed up the country. Sorry, your logic is floored and rubbish. Forget about your logic of you don't care where the president comes from. You must care you hear? And i say, you must care. Igbos must have their shot at the presidency whether they produce the best of their own candidate or not, it doesn't matter. They must do what other did and are still doing. Tha batton must not be changed because it's nearing Igbo turn. It must continue.
So far as hausa/fulanis and yorubas have had their shot and still having at the moment ruining the country, Igbos time must come and pass. Those who started the mess in the first place must endure and wait for others to engage and help crop up the mess and even messier. Who is fooling who here? I don't care where the president comes from my arrssss. You must care.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by DeepZone: 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2008
Ohh, Orolu sorry ooo and i dey prostrate oo. I didn't know you are in this thread. Sorry abeg. Every other nigerians are afraid of Igbos except you. How you dey nah? I need more of your threads on the love for northerners
I'm not afraid of ibos or anybody but don't assume that I or any other person are envious of the ingenuous and successful ibos. As a matter of fact, it's for our own good. Ibo marry hausa, hausa marry yoruba, yoruba hire ibo, ibo hire ijaw etc and the economy revolves round and round. Any paralysis on one side may paralyze others. Who will the ibo man sell his imported goods and their nollywood to if we desert them?. Pride goes before a fall.
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by DeepZone: 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2008
So far as hausa/fulanis and yorubas have had their shot and still having at the moment ruining the country, Igbos time must come and pass. Those who started the mess in the first place must endure and wait for others to engage and help crop up the mess and even messier. Who is fooling who here? I don't care where the president comes from my arrssss. You must care.

Come to think of it, did our fathers complain like this when ibos were were running the country after independence? Namdi azikiwe, Aguyi Ironsi etc were not Hausa, were they?
Re: 32 Years For An Ibo President To Emerge by debosky(m): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2008
QuotaSyste:

[b]wrote by Queenisha:[/b]Go and tell your story to the ignorant hausa/fulanis that have messed up the country. Sorry, your logic is floored and rubbish. Forget about your logic of you don't care where the president comes from. You must care you hear? And i say, you must care. Igbos must have their shot at the presidency whether they produce the best of their own candidate or not, it doesn't matter. They must do what other did and are still doing. Tha batton must not be changed because it's nearing Igbo turn. It must continue.

This is a retarded way of thinking - others have ruined the country, so we must have our turn at ruining it further? That is probably the most asinine reasoning I've heard for rotating power.

By the way, what is 'near' the Igbo's turn? 32 years? Dude if that is near, I'd be scared to hear your conception of 'far' cheesy

I do agree that by whatever 'arrangement', power must rotate - either with this mechanical north-south method or another, but it must rotate. Sadly our democracy is nowhere developed enough to make such issues secondary.

it would be ideal if the president, wherever he claims as his 'primary' origins are, to be able to claim significant affinity with another tribal group as well, and I think that is what tpia is trying to say, but ideally this should extend to ANY person who becomes president, not someone of Igbo origin alone. Such inter-tribal mixes would gradually lessen the emphasis on this particular tribe or the other getting a run.

On the other hand, it could potentially mess things up too. If a man claims to be half Igbo and half Hausa, would power then be able to rotate to the hausas or would they be deemed to have used up 'half' their slot? Trust Nigerians, we would her such arguments and even worse. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happened To Punch Newspaper's Website / Ghettorization" Of The Poor People Of Lagos: Ayobo-Ipaja Road 12 Years Waiting! / Final Solution: De-amalgamation And The Advantages Of Breaking Up Nigeria – By L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.