Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? (4055 Views)

8 Qualities Of A Desperate Husband/boyfriend Snatcher / Big Boys Or Big Fools? (picture Of The Day) / Your Duty As Someone's Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2008
Normal Reaction or Wuss?

A husband and wife are driving home after a night out of town. They got stopped by the cops, who without telling them what their offense is,  asks the husband to come out of the car.

The husband complies and in a calm way, asks what they did wrong, the police does not answer.

This makes the wife angry and she starts mouthing off.

The cop orders her out of the car and as soon as he sees how young and pretty she is, he abandons the husband and decides the wife needs a “pat down”  but what he does is not a pat down…a rubdown, a feel up, a fingering but not a pat down.

All of this in front of the husband while the wife looks to her husband, crying and asking him to do something. When the cop is done, he lets them go and the wife yells at her husband for not saving her.

Guys what would you have done?
Girl what do you expect your guy to do?

And yes, this is from the Movie Crash. . . Saw it again last night and got into an argument with some friends.

For those who haven't seen the movie, this is a youtube video for the scene

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVab0nHagUQ&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by tope2000(f): 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2008
I was about to say i saw this in film grin grin grin
i remembered my friend and i also discussed it

i really dont know if hes a hero or wuss, but i relly expected him to atleast say somthing
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2008
Why isn't the video working? embarassed

tope2000:

i remembered my friend and i also discussed it

i really don't know if hes a hero or wuss, but i relly expected him to atleast say somthing

Lol, I know! Personally, I think it's a good thing he didn't say anything. Of course, I am not talking from the victim's point of view
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by MrCrackles(m): 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2008
tope2000:

nothing wey your eyes no dey see! grin

one day dem go be like dis- shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by tope2000(f): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2008
Lmao
the film is very good, it even won best film at the oscar that yr
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2008
Brash!:

nothing wey your eyes no dey see! grin

one day them go be like this- shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You are just knowing?

So what will you do now? Will you stand there like a gentleman or will you go gangster on the cop?
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2008
tope2000:

Lmao
the film is very good, it even won best film at the oscar that yr

Let me not lie, I thought the movie was kinda contrived and it only won oscar because they didn't want to give Brokeback Mountain the award.

Seriously though what do you expect the husband to say? This is a cop oh. . . they can do and undo.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by k1banty(m): 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2008
na wah for this story.

A man has to protect his wife, no matter the situation even at gunpoint (i tire for wetin i just type)

Once my wife look into my face crying then wahala go start.

Whether na arrest or assault on me, one has to choose, just one or both but at the end, phone calls go put the ekelebe into problem unless they are not real police.

i no dey pray for this kain situation. e dey test man's ability.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by MrCrackles(m): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2008
Sisikill:

You are just knowing?

So what will you do now? Will you stand there like a gentleman or will you go gangster on the cop?

i got that DVD at home

that shit crept me the first time i saw it at the cinema

but if i was that dude, i wld fucking batter that cop from behind

mash him up proper North london style!! grin
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2008
k1banty:

na wah for this story.

A man has to protect his wife, no matter the situation even at gunpoint (i tire for wetin i just type)

Once my wife look into my face crying then wahala go start.

Whether na arrest or assault on me, one has to choose, just one or both but at the end, phone calls go put the ekelebe into problem unless they are not real police.

i no dey pray for this kain situation. e dey test man's ability.

Rotflmao! So you too you don't believe what you typed, right?  cheesy

Arrest and Assualt is not the only option, the cop can shoot and say he thought you were armed. No be today they start. . . "His phone looked like a gun" story.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Uche2nna(m): 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2008
There are times when You have to stand and swallow your pride. That scene looks like one of them  embarassed  I think it takes more of a man to actually stand and try to diffuse the situation than to flare up and jump on the cop. Your only hope in this kind of situation is that when You take them to court, You have enough evidence to nail them bastards!!!

If Rodney King had retaliated when the cops were fucking him up, he would not have gotten that huge paycheck
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2008
Brash!:

i got that DVD at home

that shit crept me the first time i saw it at the cinema

but if i was that dude, i would fucking batter that cop from behind

mash him up proper North london style!! grin

Rotlmao! It is sweet to talk now until the moment comes.  cheesy

Even though he came off like a coward, I think that's the best he could have done.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by tope2000(f): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2008
Sisikill:

Let me not lie, I thought the movie was kind of contrived and it only won oscar because they didn't want to give Brokeback Mountain the award.

Seriously though what do you expect the husband to say? This is a cop oh. . . they can do and undo.

Brokeback mountain was not all that to me, just two gay guys in love, i think CRASH deserves it , every character n plots in the movie has a meaning but anyways i think he should have stand up for his wife, its an husband job to protect his wife having said that odikwa risky because it was with a racist police man, he cant do anything
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2008
Uche2nna:

There are times when You have to stand and swallow your pride. That scene looks like one of them  embarassed  I think it takes more of a man to actually stand and try to diffuse the situation than to flare up and jump on the cop. Your only hope in this kind of situation is that when You take them to court, You have enough evidence to nail them bastards!!!

If Rodney King had retaliated when the cops were fucking him up, he would not have gotten that huge paycheck

EXACTLY!!!!!

Another thing and I'm gonna get bashed for this coz I was last night. . . How many times did the husband warn her to keep quiet? Did she listen? NOPE. She made an already bad situation worse by mouthing off.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by MrCrackles(m): 4:14pm On Sep 09, 2008
Sisikill:

Rotlmao! It is sweet to talk now until the moment comes. cheesy

Even though he came off like a coward, I think that's the best he could have done.

u dont know Brash ooo!

i kill anytin to protect mine and my territory! grin
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2008
tope2000:

Brokeback mountain was not all that too me, just two gay guys in love, i think CRASH deserves it , every character n plots in the movie has a meaning but anyways i think he should have stand up for his wife, its an husband job to protect his wife having said that odikwa risky because it was with a racist police man, he can do anything

Brockback vs Crash(Hmmm, sounds like a good topic. Maybe we will discuss that on the Movie section).

Most of my friends had the same reaction but let's be realistic here, of what use is love if he is dead?
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by sistawoman: 4:17pm On Sep 09, 2008
I am sorry but my husband going to jail or worse yet dying because i could not/would not STFU is not the solution.

The cop did what he did because she did what she did. If she had just listened to her husband none of that would have happened.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 4:17pm On Sep 09, 2008
Brash!:

u don't know Brash ooo!

i kill anytin to protect mine and my territory! grin

LMOA! Yeah okay oh. . . I believe you. wink

Now back to reality, what will you really do?
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2008
sistawoman:

I am sorry but my husband going to jail or worse yet dying because i could not/would not STFU is not the solution.

The cop did what he did because she did what she did. If she had just listened to her husband none of that would have happened.

Finally!!! A woman who gets it. I'm emailing this link to my friends.

Thank you, Sisterwoman!!! kiss
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by tope2000(f): 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2008
Sisikill:

Finally!!! A woman who gets it. I'm emailing this link to my friends.

Thank you, Sisterwoman!!! kiss

I agree with the sistawoman too
esp when the police in talk is a racist
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Sisikill: 4:23pm On Sep 09, 2008
tope2000:

I agree with the sistawoman too
esp when the police in talk is a racist

Exactly, some women just like putting their men in unnecessary wahala.

Just shut up and take it like a woman! Now I'm gonna get killed grin
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Gamine(f): 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2008
hen!

i was just about to say! YOU STOLE THIS FROM A MOVIE!!

Anyways, i was really pained when i watched it.

I just feel the husband should have atleast TRIED to do something!!

Of course she understands the whole RACism thingy

HE SHOULD HAVE SHOWN SOME CONCERN!!!!! cry
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by sistawoman: 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2008
Gamine:

hen!

i was just about to say! YOU STOLE THIS FROM A MOVIE!!

Anyways, i was really pained when i watched it.

I just feel the husband should have atleast TRIED to do something!!

Of course she understands the whole RACism thingy

HE SHOULD HAVE SHOWN SOME CONCERN!!!!! cry

Come on lets be real what was he going to do. We are talking about cops here in the US not cops in Nigeria. My understanding is that one can slap a police officer in Nigeria and nothing is done.

That is not going to fly here. She should have kept her mouth shut and that would not have happened. If you make your bed you must sleep in it.

She is an adult and should understand for every action there is a reaction.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Gamine(f): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2008
I know The situation with the Cops.

All im saying is that he should have shown some concern.

Whether she was wrong or not.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Uche2nna(m): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2008
Like what grin Tell the lady that it is ok and that she should try to enjoy it grin

Truth be told , the man found himself in a very uncompromising situation. Any action he takes would just worsen the situation.

The woman should have shut her trap, period.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by mecussey(m): 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2008
The Husband is likely to be wuss; atleast he should have screamed, yelled and shouted at them in anger and look off. He should have been more angry than the woman for the insult and not the other way round; because, he could nt have done anything physical but psychological and emotional.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Uche2nna(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2008
mecussey:

The Husband is likely to be wuss; atleast he should have screamed, yelled and shouted at them in anger and look off. He should have been more angry than the woman for the insult and not the other way round; because, he could nt have done anything physical but psychological and emotional.

Good point!!!

Then they would just book U for violent misconduct/resisting arrest towards a cop.

I personally would have actually done something. Just by watching the scene alone made me all riled up. I would have done something like trying to rush the cop. However, what would be the end result? Would that aggravate or ameliorate the sitution. Either way U are screwed and ur wife's big mouth caused it grin
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by sistawoman: 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2008
Uche2nna:

Good point!!!

Then they would just book You for violent misconduct/resisting arrest towards a cop.

I personally would have actually done something. Just by watching the scene alone made me all riled up. I would have done something like trying to rush the cop. However, what would be the end result? Would that aggravate or ameliorate the sitution. Either way You are screwed and your wife's big mouth caused it grin

If he had gotten locked up what else could have happened to him.

could he have lost his job? His status? His browneye?

She is lucky as hell she did not get a back hand to the face.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by MrCrackles(m): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2008
Sisikill:

LMOA! Yeah okay oh. . . I believe you. wink

Now back to reality, what will you really do?

i told ya

m going to trample on the cop

bust a cap in his ass if he tries the first time

chop him into bitz and bobs if he try one more time!! grin
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2008
What are you guys talking about?? You expected him to argue with a man with a gun and possibly drunk. Since that scene came directly from the movie, I'll apply it to the Nigerian context. A typical Nigerian policeman maybe about five or four of them, and you dare attack him?? You are dying on the spot and nothing's going to happen. Infact its happened on numerous occasions and people have learnt their lessons. I blame the lady for mouthing off. The best way to handle these lunatics is complete silence; except you are the commisioner of police, or related to him; then your death can be avenged.
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Gamine(f): 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2008
So, when the lady had "mouthed off"

It is enough for the guy to "Eyes off"

You cannot Justify it!!

The guy Should have tried to do something!!!!
Re: Hero Husband/Boyfriend Or Big Wuss? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2008
Like what, lose his life, and have the wife blame herself for the rest of hers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

are you in need I'm here to give out for free / HELP!!! Your Opinion Is Needed Here / 90% Of Ladies On Nairaland Are Willing To Marry This Man Because He's Rich(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.