Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,649 members, 7,851,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:58 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (515877 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2007
The title of the thread says,"For Gunners Only No Uninvited Guest"  without punctuation marks.Without such punctuations,it means that this thread is for "Gunners only no uninvited guests"

Who are "Gunners Only No Uninvited Guests"(GONUG)? Without a clear delineation of who can post here,anyone is entitled to post here.

If you can show me you are a GONUG,then I will leave your thread,untill then,shut the hell up  angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Damy(m): 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2007
we that are not gunners. what should we do?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2007
Loyika cry cry
where are you shocked cry

this has gone worst even ur son is infected with it cry

what do we do cry
this is sad o

when is Dr Kit coming back?

how many more will suffer? cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2007
Another stage is: Intense anger at no one in particular

@ Damy sad

Sorry bro, i am taking care of my constituency, All i would advise is that you be careful, as it is no respecter of persons.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 5:34pm On Apr 19, 2007
Safe waters (for now)

"Dein still owns a 14% stake himself estimated to be worth around £57m but even if he were to sell out to Kroenke, football business experts believe it would be very hard for the American to complete a hostile takeover of Arsenal.

Professor Tom Cannon admits the fact Arsenal are listed on the Plus Markets and the division of shares would make it "almost inevitable" the club could repel a hostile takeover bid. "It's very hard to see how a takeover could succeed if you have got those shareholders on the board with 45.5% of shares saying no," said Cannon. "One can be pretty confident that from the smaller shareholders they can pick up the remaining 4.5% of shares to pretty well control 50% of the shares and therefore it's almost inevitable they will be able to block a full-blown takeover."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2060989,00.html

AND

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2059461,00.html

At least breathing room away from the American

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2007
the board has really messed up, Dein is very influential and has been driving things since the early 80's i'm sure he cannot just turn around and want something bad for Arsenal now, they shdve found a way to settle this matter without Dein leaving, i'm sure Stan will do the takeover, the only question is when. this move better not result in Arsene leaving, cos if it does, there goes the squad and all the best players with him. angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by atiku07(m): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2007
THE RISE AND FALL OF A CLUB
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2007
Well to all Gunners Fans i think we need to look at the bright side this take over thing or whatever its called might be just what we need cos lets face it money is the name of the game now, we have way too much potential to be finishing 4th these past two seasons and also ending trophyless. i mean when last did our Gaffer buy a quality player,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2007
@Muki
What do we have to do to get these gays and bimbos of our thread?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2007
@A40
just ignore them .so theydo not infect you grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2007
Updates for y'all

Arsene wants answers (and re assurances from the FIRM cool)

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2061715,00.html

A lot of info from the Guardian on this wholke stuff, so check it all out if you want some concrete analysis.

Apparently DD went behind the Board to have discussions with Mr Kroenke, which i feel pissed them off. The question here is knowing how Close DD is with Arsene, you would logically think Arsene knew about the whole stuff, cause DD would have asked his opinions on the matter. Anyway heres another view point from M Palmer;

[b]"IN THE CITY, another 210 shares changed hands.

The price stayed at £6,750 .That means that somebody has placed an order in the market to buy any shares that become available. Over 700 shares have been sold this week, which is more than 1% of the club.
Stan Kroenke contacted David Dein first, not the board. That is what angered the board and led to Dein's departure on Wednesday. Dein's attitude, apparently, was : We've got a wonderful stadium but no team to put in it - I told you this would happen !

That didn't go down too well !

Remember this : If David Dein had not come to the club in 1983, Arsenal would have been the Aston Villa of London for the last 24 years. With David Dein gone, and Arsene Wenger seeking resssurances about the club's future, and pressure mounting, chairman Peter Hill-Wood has been obliged to spill some details.

He said , "When ITV sold their shares they called me half an hour before the announcement to tell me. That's not right. I asked David Dein if he knew Kroenke and after hesitating he simply said 'Yes'. We suspected that he knew Kroenke far more than he was letting on and we came to the conclusion eventually that he knew him a lot more.

"Call me old-fashioned but we don't need Kroenke's money and we don't want his sort. Our objective is to keep Arsenal English, albeit with a lot of foreign players. I don't know for certain if Kroenke will mount a hostile takeover for our club but we shall resist it with all our might. "We are all being seduced that the Americans will ride into town with pots of cash for new players. It simply isn't the case. They only see an opportunity to make money. They know absolutely nothing about our football and we don't want these types involved."

Peter, you are old-fashioned and that's why we love you.

But you've only got 500 shares. Danny Fiszman  has 15,000 shares. It's up to him, not you."[/b]

Arsene's pre match press conference should be fun to watch or follow, as no doubth he will be asked a lot of questions about his future and the future of the club;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/arsenal/article1680376.ece

And here are bits and pieces on Arsenal's other power players that could make or break this take over stuff

Main man Dan Fiszman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/04/20/sfnfis20.xml

LADY NINA BRACEWELL-SMITH

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007180321,00.html

And P-Diddy Hill woods has the final word;

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/04/20/SOCCER_Arsenal_Hill-Wood.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Anyway on to other news

Playing the Spuds tomorrow, should be an open game, only major worry is Cesc having fallen ill and being only 50/50 to play. Guess delnilson will have to come in, or we play Diaby in his rightful position (will bring up an interesting issue concerning Diaby another time) and with Freddie out, we play Bap[b](sh@t)[/b]a along Ade in front.

Spuddies will obviously be up for this, but if we play well, we should have them and put this CL qualification stuff to rest once and for all (we only need a point more to be safe)

Big Boy Martin "Baldy" Jol is in Awe of Arsene (no surprise there , the whole freaking Spuddy club should be in Awe of Arsenal grin)

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2061756,00.html

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE ARMY cool Lets be having Ya!!!

Lets take the Spuds to the cleaners (or at least get a draw FFS grin we only need a point and qualification is done and dusted)

cool GOONER 89

P.S. Has anyone seen Fidodido OR ANY Nairaland Spurs fan since Seville knocked them out of UEFA
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 4:59pm On Apr 20, 2007
[b]Is anyone aware that Danny Fiszman did transfer some shares to Kroenke last month?[/b]I guess he is not implacably opposed to the idea of a takeover

Quote from Ian Wright on TalkSports

"I know this for a fact that the manager and the players are 100 percent behind David Dein and I can see real repercussions coming off the back of this," .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2007
the transfer occured without his knowledge as in he didnt know who the buyer was. Fiszman is going to live abroad soon, dude is going to sell it all off sooner or later.

Ian Wright is talking out of his ass, just because he is a former great doesn't mean he knows the internal goings on, heck this same dude said Henry should go to Barca so whatever he says is of absolutely no importance, he's just trying to hype up his radio show.

same crap was said in the sun, but its all lies.

David Dein is not Arsenal, he was very imprtant, but the club is bigger than any one individual.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bluesky4(f): 8:55pm On Apr 20, 2007
Wooooot! grin
I love arsenal. Theyre the best!

Thierry Henry and Freddie Ljungberg are HOT kiss kiss kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2007
Ian Wright has some contact with some Arse players,he was only expressing what he had picked from a number of Arse insiders.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:06pm On Apr 20, 2007
pre-intimacy read this part well o angry

When Kroenke announced last week that he had bought 791 Arsenal shares as well as ITV's 9.9% stake, it was clear that 659 of these were shares Fiszman sold for £3.9m on March 15. All the signs, then, pointed to a gradual Fiszman exit, which at £6,800 per share would fetch him over £100m, adequate for a comfortable retirement in Switzerland.

Hill-Wood, though, said this was not a correct reading of events, explaining that when Fiszman sold the 659 shares he had not even known that Kroenke was the buyer. The shares were bought via a US bank, JP Morgan Chase.

"Danny was approached by a broker to sell a few shares to make more of a market," Hill-Wood said. "He rang me to ask what I thought. I couldn't see a particular worry."

Fiszman decided to sell to go down to "a round number" - from 15,659 to 15,000 shares, for which he was paid £5,975 a share, £3.94m altogether. Commentators were struck by the fact that this took him below 25%, a threshold which can block changes to a company's constitution, but Hill-Wood said that was not significant. "He did not sell the shares on purpose to Stan Kroenke and had no idea who the buyer was. There is no agreement to sell more and in fact Danny has no intention of selling."

Having spent seven years on the new 60,000-seat stadium project, Fiszman, according to the Arsenal chairman, is not intending to step aside "to see the benefits go to somebody else". Similarly Lady Bracewell-Smith and the Carr family, whose shareholdings have their roots in the 1940s, had been in touch and were "adamant" they were not going to sell to Kroenke.

source http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2059461,00.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2007
Wright has no idea, he's talking out of his ass, just like the Sun - no one and nothing is going to affect Arsene's position and the players, except they try to meddle in the football aspect of the game.

If Dein truly went behind the board to court Kroenke, then he should piss off, that is betrayal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by viee(f): 9:14pm On Apr 20, 2007
just wondering, do you guys eat? sleep?, work?, rest?
whenever i come on line i must see ur post!
una dey rest so? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:21pm On Apr 20, 2007
no we dnt grin

Dein is cashley's uncle angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2007
exactly muki, any underhanded dealings are wrong, this Cashley disease is spreading fast oh. sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2007
Kroenke snapped another 577 shares taking his holding to 12.9%-[url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tm_headline=wenger-s-warning%26method=full%26objectid=18939207%26siteid=89520-name_page.html]http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tm_headline=wenger-s-warning%26method=full%26objectid=18939207%26siteid=89520-name_page.html [/url]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2007
pre-intimacy mind ya bizness angry

@gunners
we shall win today wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2007
they had to disallow adebayor's goal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2007
1-0 to Spurs
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2007
Ian Wright is known for talking alot but not making much sense.

the guy works for Talksport and needs to provide material for his drivetime show.

I really wish him and Adams would shut the Bleep up.

being an old player does not give you the right to run your mouth anyhow.

That is why I really detest Adams attitude ever since he left Arsenal, he has just been slagging them.

now he wants to manage them, yeah right.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2007
1 - 1
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2007
totenham 1 - arsenal 1
Toure to the rescue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2007
Totenham 1 - Arsenal 2

Adebayor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 2:25pm On Apr 21, 2007
;d ;d ;d
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2007
Baptista is really a muppet.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2007
2-2 grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2007
Great match.Arse didn't deserve a point.There equaliser came because of a freekick awarded due to a dive by Rosicky.

Justice was done in the end.Wonder strike by Jenas.Serves Wenger right.He was trying to waste time by bringing Senderos on

Good game but Spurs should have won that game.Arse stay in 4th place where they belong grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.