Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,159 members, 7,867,363 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (518412 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2007
Ohhh Myy Daysssss.
He was in a different league.
Remember Confederations Cup in Saudi Arabia 1997.
He partnered Romario in that tournament.
1st match(group match). . . . . . .Australia Vs Brazil and it ended 0-0.
The Aussies were in a frenzy that they stopped almighty Brazil and thought they were good enough.
Final: Brazil 6-0 Australia. Ronaldo got a hatrick, Romario got a hatrick.
This match is one of the best attacking football u can ever witness on TV.

Ronaldo ran the Aussies defence ragged.
The Aussie defence will still be having nightmares of Ronaldo running at them.
He made em look like fools and wimps and it was just amazing for a 21 yr old to capture the world in that manner.
Mario Zagallo(Brazil's manager) stood up and kept applauding and applauding the young lad all through 90 minutes.
Can there ever be another Ronaldo?
The world has lost good players to old age . . . . .He is the BEST.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:23am On Jul 31, 2007
Romario was ma fav, Ronaldo was greater, now u guys take it away from our thread cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 11:24am On Jul 31, 2007
@somze

do you ever stick to your own views?

@jackal

howdie,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2007
@ Lordy

Whats this, "Somze stick to your views" crap

ARE YOU NOW A GAME SHOW HOST (Did they give you a contract to take over from Frank Edoho, on Who wants to be a Millionaire )

There are no right or wrong answers, thats why its a FORUM Dude!! (like Mr. "We pay cash" aka Mr. "Stats", likes saying).

Abeg Somze don't mind Lordy tongue, feel free to change your views anytime (Try changing your team while your at it grin)

Lordy angry WATCH IT!! GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY!! grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:46am On Jul 31, 2007
Lmao @LOYIKA grin grin grin

how far?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 11:49am On Jul 31, 2007
loyika
Thanks man, i guess he's still having fits after yesterday's battering wink

loyika:

@ Lordy
(Try changing your team while your at it grin)
grin grin grin
Not even if Roman's ex buys another team. tongue

Remain True Blue cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2007
loyika:

@ Lordy

Whats this, "Somze stick to your views" crap

ARE YOU NOW A GAME SHOW HOST (Did they give you a contract to take over from Frank Edoho, on Who wants to be a Millionaire )

There are no right or wrong answers, thats why its a FORUM Dude!! (like Mr. "We pay cash" aka Mr. "Stats", likes saying).

Abeg Somze don't mind Lordy tongue, feel free to change your views anytime (Try changing your team while your at it grin)

wat is it that i have said wrong now, abi am i not entitled to my opinion as you are, ??

loyika:

Lordy angry WATCH IT!! GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY!! grin

wats with this guilty or not guilty,

ok, NOT GUILTY,

satisfied??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2007
Satisfied

Wetin you do sef

@ Jackal

Is Dora A looking for Lordi Word on the street is that NAFDAC are looking for one big Drug KingPin, wait what was the name again Lord something sha!! grin Lordi, na you grin grin grin

Well if you are entitled to your opinions, i guess Somze is entitled to his cool

END OF STORY!! (Nice to have you back though cool)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2007
@loyiks

don't mind them jare,

i mean dem jackal and somze,

they are trying to force something on me
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2007
lordy
force something from you or expose something of you? tongue

loyika:

Well if you are entitled to your opinions, i guess Somze is entitled to his cool

Thanks again bros wink cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 12:39pm On Jul 31, 2007
somze:

lordy
force something from you or expose something of you? tongue

Thanks again bros wink cool

just forget it,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2007
@ Lordi,

U have been found GUILTY on Man Utd thread.
Your co-defendant confessed and the whole jig saw have fitted into place.
What do u have to say?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2007
Jackal:

@ Lordi,

You have been found GUILTY on Man Utd thread.
Your co-defendant confessed and the whole jig saw have fitted into place.
What do u have to say?

i've been set up,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2007
lordimpaq:

i've been set up,

Thats what they all say grin

Jackal
Well u av to pity the fella,
u know how cunningly smart this chik can get and the dude fell for her sham charm wink
But i think he has discovered the truth about her and will pull off soon wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2007
can you people leave Lordi alone angry grin

stop asking him about guilty and not guilty angry

dont set him up o tongue

you've been warned angry grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2007
All these chelski and manure supporters should just thank their stars that the likes of RVP and Henry were injured last season. . . and they should pray for this season cos it wont be easy at all with that young squad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2007
this is where i belong
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2007
yeah sure wink you belong in here kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toshmann(m): 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2007
lordimpaq:

this is where i belong
pity. dont worry, your salvation is at hand

mukina2:

yeah sure wink you belong in here kiss

never mind. i'm coming to save y'all
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2007
toshmann nwa mama cheesy

the 'pool have spent a lot of cash, yet I feel Rafa's tinkerman tactics will still hold you back if care isn't taken

No more 'we don't have money excuses o!' tell Rafa we await the result of the clash against Moscow on the 18th wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2007
toshmann:

pity. don't worry, your salvation is at hand

what salvation are you talking about
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by thugjay(m): 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2007
hello this is thug jay a niggy from Nigeria +2348051550587 is mine number hope to hear from you
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:40pm On Jul 31, 2007
thugjay:

hello this is thug jay a niggy from Nigeria +2348051550587 is mine number hope to hear from you

cheesy " grin " grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2007
Lazio vs Arsenal on thursday. Whats the news on Dudu's work permit Gooners, has he obtained it yet?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:20am On Aug 01, 2007
the hearing is on thursday as well, he's likely going to get it though, he played most of the games for croatia in the past year

like Wenger said - if he doesn't get it, we are not compelled to keep the player, but i don't think it'll come to that.

any news on Wenger scoutings? I'm actually surprised that with all the sound bites he gave from the Emirates cup, the rumor mill hasn't gone into a frenzy over who he might or might not want to sign, I guess the Tevez/Heinze drama sounds more interesting for now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 1:26am On Aug 01, 2007
nothing really except this rumour everywhere that we're closing in on signing Lassana Diarra. Then there is also Quaresma which is just speculation nothing concrete, Martins also.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:31am On Aug 01, 2007
why would we sign him when we have Flamini, Diaby and Denilson all behind Bertie in that position?

and from Chelski no less, I seriously doubt that sha, unless the AW-JM beef is really not as hot as that anymore.

Besides, the dude is too rough, 10 yellows in 21 games last season, he would get suspended frequently if not sent off

Any winger news? Myles Palmer has an interesting article [url=http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=685&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42]HERE[/url] on what AW's list might have been and his preferences.

what do you think?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 1:37am On Aug 01, 2007
I have always liked the idea of Quaresma in Arsenal but whether that will become a reality is the question now that there are rumors here and there that liverpool are showing interests in him, reminding me of the Babel scenario.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 1:43am On Aug 01, 2007
I watched Royston Drenthe in the euro u-21 tournament and I can say this boy has got talent he is fast and a pretty good crosser of the ball not yet proven on the big stage though but we always know how to bring out the best from young players that have the talent. I think he'll fit into our game.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:45am On Aug 01, 2007
I've heard the Liverpool connection too, similarly with Simao, but that fell through as well.

I doubt Liverpool will buy as high profile a player as RQ in addition to what they've gotten, that would be highly surprising with Kewell, Pennant, Gonzales, Arbeloa and the others still on the books.

I agree with you Drenthe did better than Babel at the u-21's I wouldn't mind him either - young and committed, with time to mould him into the 'Arsenal way', but greedy Real have their eyes on him as well, so it may not happen either.

apart from those two, I don't really know of any other likely options, but like we all know AW loves surprises, and may have one in store again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 2:05am On Aug 01, 2007
yeah thats true AW always has a way surprsing us. I hope he does so because the way teams like Chelsea, Manu and Liverpool have been signing players is sometimes frightening thats when I look at it from the perspective that we've only had like two concrete signings in the transfer window whereas the aforementioned teams have had at least three even spurs have joined the club they completed the signing yesterday of Kevin-Prince Boateng one of the biggest talents in Germany.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:10am On Aug 01, 2007
Spurs always go signing happy - it was the same last season - Berbatov (the one quality signing they made), Zokora, the french dude from Fulham (i forget his name) and others - they even brought Mido back and still with our injured squad they only managed to draw 2-2 at Lane and we beat them twice at the Emirates

the others? yes they are stronger, but what we lacked most was game to game consistency and long term fitness, new players will not necessarily solve that - a good team spirit, no WC hangover and a good preseason will do us a world of good.

just one or two more signings and we'll be fine - and you didnt mention Nordveldt, but i guess he isn't 'major' and I agree.

What do you think of Kieran Gibbs? he could make an impression given his very good debut on sunday. another home made gem?

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.