Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,233 members, 7,867,606 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:40 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (518457 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 2:45am On Aug 01, 2007
I'll have to say I know very little about  Kieran Gibbs. I didn't have the chance of watching him on sunday but I've heard positve reviews about him. I agree what we need now is consistency. We can only get that if our key players remain fit and I believe our young players will start this season with more experience. We'll see a better performance no doubt this season. Nordveldt is another I know very little of but hes got good stats for his age.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 10:28am On Aug 01, 2007
when are u guys going to get the thought of Martins playing for Arsenal behind u? shocked

neither is Diarra going to sign for us too cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 11:02am On Aug 01, 2007
Why would Wenger want to sign a midfielder?The team is full of midfielders.What Arsenal needs is a striker and perhaps. . a centre-half.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:15am On Aug 01, 2007
What Wenger needs is a good defender.
Senderos is just a Arrow as far as i am concerned.
He is not fit to be called a gunner.
Eboue, Gallas, Toure and Clichy line-up is one of the best, if not the best back 4 in the league but are there any good replacement if any of the quartet gets crocked? NO

Sagna, i heard, is an UTILITY player like Gallas who can fit in anywhere but Senderos? Cygan?
This is where Arsenal's achilles' lie.

The Midfield is dope and i don't really envisage any problem in the middle of the pack.
Fabregas, Rosicky, Hleb, Flamini, Gilberto are top dogs.

Attack? Adebayor should improve.
Thierry Henry has gone now so i expect the Togolese to step up his game and deliver the goods.
Van Persie remains the best in the attack line and maybe Theo Walcott will also get decent run of games to sharpen up his skills.
In all, Arsenal looks good if they can be CONSISTENT.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:20am On Aug 01, 2007
We have 4 strikers already, so we don't need another, what we need is a WINGER, to give us width from the flanks on the left.

And we are ok at centre half, Jackal you forget we have Johan D as well incase Phillipe S goes "Willie Nellie!!" on us (although another left back wouldn't go amiss, as Clichy only has 1 replacement in that position).

If we can get RQ, fair enough, if not, guess we have to manage with Rosicky/Diaby down that wing sad

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:43am On Aug 01, 2007
Jackal,

as pointed out by Loyika you have forgot about Johan Djororou and what about Hoyte?

To me the 1st choice back 4 should be:

Clichy Toure Gallas Hoyte and the subs for these postions will be:

Traore Senederos Djojrou Sagna

Sagna can actually play any of the 4 positions and Eboue can also drop back to right back.

I think the defence is covered jare.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 11:51am On Aug 01, 2007
where's flamini
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:57am On Aug 01, 2007
Flamini is a mid-fielder and only covered at left-back when we had a crisis of injuries.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Vieira,

Did u say Justin Hoyte, Traore and Djourou?
So u are telling me Hoyte and Djourou will be a good replacement for Toure/Gallas in a Champions League match.
I can now understand why gunners under-achieve. U tend to over-estimate ur crappy players.

Its like me saying Silvestre, Johnny Evans, Shawcross are good replacements for Rio/Vidic.
How can u tell me Djourou and Traore are talents capable of reproducing what Toure/ Gallas will do on the pitch.
Arsenal still needs a defender. There's nothing wrong in having 8 top quality defenders in a team.
Wenger does not have 8 quality defenders so he should work on getting it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doyin13(m): 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2007
@Jackal

But you should not forget that this young defenders went to stanford bridge last season and should have been victorious.

Even the much maligned Senderos who is Drogba's boy coped well.

I dont see them as the worst replacements in the premiership
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Jackal

The same Djourou that was with his team at the World Cup, where he and Senderos performed well. The same Djourou that was part of the team that took us to Paris to play Barca. The same Djourou that was part of the team that got us to Cardiff to play Chelsea in the Carling Cup. ARE WE FLIPPING MISSING SOMETHING  HERE  

At least Djourou and Hoyte have Prem experience, with Djourou playing at the World Cup, pray tell Jackal, where have Nani and Anderson been playing. that all and sundry should be worried about their coming to England.

Also Hoyte is not a replacement for Toure or Gallas, but for Eboue or Sagna. Vieira only said that Sagna is a utility player that can be used in all 4 positions (same as Gallas).

I repeat, WE ARE OK IN DEFENCE (Not everyone can focus on defence like Chelsea), what we need to strenghten is our Attacking options, which would enable us kill off games far quicker than we do at the moment, and thats where a winger is needed.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hoyte is our best right back bar none.

Johan is better than Senderos and eqaul to Gallas.

Have you seen them play?

Do not for one instance doubt those two.

You may talk about Traore who is still young but Hoyte and Johan are the real deal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Vieira,

You are in trouble.
Where have you been all these days?
Was looking for u cos i wanted to ask u a question about the 'ville on caledonian road. . . . . .

Anyways, Senderos is shit. Drogba always takes the piss outta him and he is not fit to wear the red shirt.
Loyika mentioned Senderos and Djourou representing Switzerland @ the world cup. Who else could have represented Switzerland?
If Djemba Djemba could represent Cameroun . . . . . .I wonder why Senderos wont star for the SWISS.

Arsenal still needs a defender.
In the attack, if all the players can play with commitment and to the best of their ability, they will deliver.
Adebayor and Walcott must step up their game to compensate Van Persie's good ability.
Wenger can't afford any more striker as they dont come cheap these days.
Why can't Wenger sign Chimbonda in his team?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2007
Was looking for u because i wanted to ask u a question about the 'ville on caledonian road. . . . . .

what is your question?

and I think you will be surprised by johan.

Senderos has a mental block when it comes to Drogba but otherwise he is quite adequate cover. I said adequate o! Plus he is our only defender that can actually use his head.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2007
I think our best formation is RVP up front, supported by Hleb or Rosicky. Fab as offensive midfield, backed up by Gilberto - defensive midfield. On the wongs, we can have Ebue as left winger. Right winger (at the moment) Abu Diabi or Eduardo. Defence (my opinion) Toure and Gallas as centre backs, then Clichy and Sagna as full backs.

Clichy is pretty good, but he lacks height - Traore is 6'3", so he is also excellent, though inexperienced.

Then the bench is filled with people - most of them very good players as well.

Flamini in my opinion is the second best defensive midfielder.
Jorou - Amazing skill and ability, and stronger than Senderos, also faster. But I still remember Aghawowa knocking him off the ball (yeah, I think he underestimated Agha).

Hoyte - desperately needed to cover people in case of injuy
Gibbs - Amazing game against Inter, and he's also a fighter like Cashley.

I'd like to see Arsene find another fullback, and then send Clichy forward, I have seen the boy show amazing footwork and skill.

One other thing y'all need to understand - Drogba is the STRONGEST forwarder in English football today, not many Arsenal defenders ever would have been able to handle him, save maybe Tony Adams, and maybe Cambell (I doubt - he always struggled against Van Nistelrooy). Jporou on the other hand has been known to contain him quite beautifully.

Chimbonda? Hello - Do you know anything about the North London Rivalry at all?

Let's see how it goes this season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Jackal grin

Now you are having a real laugh (More like taking the bleeping mickey!! grin)

CHIMPANZEE!! or was that Chimbonda Sorry!! cheesy Doubt the Arsenal faithful could stomach another Spud player moving across from SHL tongue besides if we need a defender, we would actually prefer you suggested someone that could do just that; DEFEND!!

I REPEAT; WE NEED A WINGER; and thats about it.

Scummies on the other hand, need a GOOD LAWYER, to handle all your cases in court, what with Tevezgate and Heinzegate, your hands are so full right now.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2007
loyika:

Scummies on the other hand, need a GOOD LAWYER, to handle all your cases in court, what with Tevezgate and Heinzegate, your hands are so full right now.

cool GOONER 89

Bu haaa haaa haaa grin cheesy grin

To your tents oh Israel! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2007
Loyika - which wing?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Loyika,

Its nuthing we cannot handle.
Heinze remains at OT and Ferguson signs Tevez. Thats the only feasible outcome i can see.
U dont manage a club for 21 years without stamping some authority and knowing who to talk to.

Arsenal needs a winger? We can loan u Ronaldo but u must exempt him whenever we clash in the league.
Good deal? Yea right.
There are so many wingers in the country so Wenger should grab 'em.
Etherington of West Ham and Damien Duff are possibilities.

@ Vieira,
How do i get to the 'Ville from the Swiss Cottage area
Heard its on Caledonian road and i know its nearer Islington(your domain)
I wanna go n see some couple of dudes there but i dunno how to get there by car.
Can u shed some light . . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 1:05pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hey Jack, good to see you.

You do realise though that if you give out Ronaldo for 10 minutes, you'll drop out of the premiership?

And by the way, Tevez is an unusual circumstance, it has NEVER before happened in the english game, there's no way to be experienced with that situation. Of course you guys can decide to pay West Ham the £6m they asked for, and everyone goes away happy,

One thing's for sure - if they don't get paid for Tevez, then they go to the championship. And they will fight against that with every damn cent that Magnusson has.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Jackal

Ask your car Navigation system now and whats with all these "London Club Rejects" you want to hand over to us West Ham players , Ex Russian players Do you think we were happy Gallas came over, we just loved the disgusted look on Maureen's face  grin grin

Either of these 2 should do; Ricardo Quaresma or Royston Drenthe

And Banderas, I am talking about the Left wing, Rosicky and diaby are wasted there, as they would prefer to play central.

Hey!! When does "Desperado 3" come out And are you still with Melanie Griffith

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hmm, I quite agree with you Mukina. However, I thought Eduardo was supposed to play in that position?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hmm,  I quite agree with you Mukina

Mukina

Banderas, drinking alcohol in the afternoon is not good tongue

Don't be like that drunk guy that went on to shag a goat, cause when you start thinking a guy is a chic, Nigga that sh@t is scary!! shocked

I ain't down with that tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 1:25pm On Aug 01, 2007
loyika:

Hmm, I quite agree with you Mukina

Mukina

Banderas, drinking alcohol in the afternoon is not good tongue

Don't be like that drunk guy that went on to shag a goat, cause when you start thinking a guy is a chic, Nigga that sh@t is scary!! shocked

I ain't down with that tongue

cool GOONER 89

Haaa haaa haaaa

Loyika, I just love you! You know that anyway. wink Wish you were a Chelsea fan. cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2007
Loyika grin grin grin grin grin nor kill me grin

Bandera cheesy mukina didnt post

this is mukina posting now grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hahaha, drinking in the afternoon? Only on fridays (I wish though, I just wish. The rain has stopped falling around here for a while).

And just for the record, I didn't take the gender's into consideration, the names do sound slightly similar (Loyika, Mukina).

Oh one more thing - I'd rather not be referred to by the N-word. Thanks mate.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Muks

Abeg tell him oh!! angry

@ Banderas

LET THAT SH@T NOT REPEAT ITSELF!! angry

I don't play that tongue

Ok then, would you prefer i use the word "Negro!?" Ok then;

NEGRO THAT SH@T IS SCARY!! HAPPY NOW!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2007
Loyikaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i dey beg pls grin grin grin

Banderas

its MUKINA2

HE IS lOYIKA

M U K I N A 2

L O Y I K A

PLS DO NOT UPSET HIM FOR ME tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2007
Loyika, you don drink paraga this afternoon, abi? When Loyika is in this mood, please beware!!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2007
mte, don't bite on it, I heard you very well the first time. And yes, Negro is ok thank you very much.

Mookie, I'm pretty certain that with his reaction, this sort of mistake will NEVER happen again. I doubt that too many people would be keen on making a mistake with names that would make some geezer question one's sexuality.

I shoulda known berra,

Razor, I weak for the boy o.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Loyika,

Ma Sat Nav has gone cuckoo.
Nearly led me into Thames the other night and i dont wanna get any congestion charge levied on me so i need Vieira's directions.
Quaresma? Now i know u are pushing ur luck too far. Why not sign Deco or Ze Roberto?
Be contented with how much Wenger has spent already. grin grin grin grin grin

@ Banderas,

United can do without any player.
If Ronaldo leaves today, somebody else will take the initiative and lead us into Champions league spot on the table.
We are not Chelsea . . . . . .one man team(DROGBA) or Arsenal when HENRY was there.
A lot of people think Ronaldo calls the shot but my man of the season is PAUL SCHOLES. Ronaldo stole his SHINE.

N.B Ain't u a black man? I thought all Blacks are Niggaz or Negroes and if u are white, maybe u are a WIGGA.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ Banderas

Instead of feeling weak, concentrate on staying in "one lane". If you want to test your eyesight skills, just try calling Ruudie; Razorr or Jackal; Jeje!!

I bet you, my response will be the mildest you would get.

Mukina, Mookie, Mukina, Mookie Which to chose, which to chose

Hmm!? Mookie sounds nice, so Mookie it is cool

@ Mookie grin grin

What do you think of our game with Lazio.

cool GOONER 89

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.