Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (509020 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 12:44am On Sep 27, 2006
Nice one @ dblock. Our game is just on another level,ive noticed henry playing a more central striker role except for the later part of the 2nd half today.And we are crossing the ball.Yeaaaaah!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:03am On Sep 27, 2006
@Jackal and Loyika

Please, bury the hatchet.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 6:36am On Sep 27, 2006
Jackal:

Why do u ask?
Anything the matter?

I will tell you why but can you confirm that you from the US.

and is that where you have always been based.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:38am On Sep 27, 2006
@Vieria

Why are you putting petrol in the matter?

Can we please stop this?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 7:50am On Sep 27, 2006
@ Vieira,
I am not from the US but i schooled in the United States for almost a year.
The fact is i joined Nairaland while i was in the US.
I am currently based in UK.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by otolorin(m): 8:43am On Sep 27, 2006
mr jackal
i guess i'll just sweep issues with u under the carpet - cos u sound like sum1 whu grew up as a lone child . . . very hostile + 0% sense of humour!

whu noticed SAHA has b'com the d savin grace for the ferggie's shaky put-up. he (ferguson) shot himself in the leg by usin rooney in the left-flank.

i think eboue's fast b'comin africa's best right-back.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2006
Cool Jackal.
The reason I asked was I had noticed over the times you have used expressions that a US based person would NEVER use.
Yesterday when you called someone a sod, I just had to ask because that was the second british expression you used in a day.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:37am On Sep 28, 2006
Fellow Nairaland members (esp Gooners cool)

Today is a mile stone for our illustrous club, The Gaffer is officially 10 yrs as Manager, Pls join me in putting your messages for Le Prof.

Give us stories if you have met him, or your fondest memories of him.

His best and worst moments.

Funny Wenger quotes and anecdotes.

His Contributions (or lack of it) to the team and football.

Links for Pics and stories.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/5380998.stm

Anything to remember this Great Man who have made so many people appreciate this beautiful game called "FOOTBALL" and turned Naija into an army of RED and WHITE (Besides the Green, White, Green) as i am one of those who believe that One in every five naija peeps are GOONERS cool

So lets pls celebrate a true genius of the game, (which he is, even if you loathe the club which he represents, you can't deny him his place in history)

Happy 10 yrs boss grin, and heres hoping for more good times with the Red army.

Will give my message later. cheesy

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2006
@ Vieira,
Do u stay in the UK? Where about do u stay?
So we are neighbours? grin grin grin grin grin
I can't believe this new twist.
So why support Arsenal of all clubs in the Premier League.
West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs or even Newcastle is kooler.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chxta(m): 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2006
Today is the tenth anniversary of Arsenal Wenger replacing Bruce Rioch as Arsene manager, so it's a day of wild celebration for Gooners. Which, given that two fans were ejected from the Emirates Stadium last Saturday for the grotesque crime of singing, probably means gathering around a turned-off iPod and whispering "for he's a jolly good fellow". Still, it would be churlish of us not to mark the occasion by listing the Frenchman's impressive achievements. . .

Since arriving at Highbury in 1996, Wenger has led the Gunners to three Premierships, four FA Cups, two European finals and 4,768 red cards. More than that, he has transformed the team from a boring bunch of grinders into a sensational amalgam of gifted artists, elite athletes and Justin Hoyte. In 2003-04, his side was the first English side to go a whole season unbeaten in over a century, and they built on that by finishing 12 points behind ch€£$k¥ the following year.

Some of these feats were pulled off despite stringent financial constraints imposed by the club's switch to a new ground, and this is where the economics graduate's famed mastery of the transfer market came into play. Ingenious bargain buys include Nicolas Anelka, Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Freddie Ljungberg and Cesc Fabregas, not to mention Nelson Vivas, Pascal Cygan and Franny Jeffers. No seriously, not to mention them. That's exactly what the man everyone thinks is Arsenal chairman but actually isn't, David Dein, didn't do today, when he again hailed Wenger as a hero and said he'd have a job at Arsenal for life. "We want him for the rest of his career," gushed the media-hungry vice chairman. "If he wanted to give up the tracksuit he'd be invaluable in the boardroom in a technical role."

All of which means that even Lahn's Lahn Evenin Stannah, who famously greeted the Frenchman's arrival from Nagoya Grampus Eight with the headline 'Arsene Who?', must agree that Wenger is the greatest thing to come from Japan since beer-pumping robotic chopsticks with built-in coffee-maker and skis. Or something.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2006
Jackal:

@ Vieira,
Do u stay in the UK? Where about do u stay?
So we are neighbours? grin grin grin grin grin
I can't believe this new twist.
So why support Arsenal of all clubs in the Premier League.
West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs or even Newcastle is kooler.

I was born in Islington and grew up outside of Highbury. Based on that, do you still think I should support Newcastle? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2006
Then u should support Tottenham.
Are ya one of the fans who defected from Spurs to Arsenal?
I am saying this because Arsenal's real roots stem from Woolwich before they moved across the Thames in 1913 or thereabout.

Anyways, nice to know u stay up North.
I reside in the North West area of London and it beats ma imagination why anyone would support Arsenal especially Nigeria.
There's nuthing fascinating about the team unless u were born in 1996(when Wenger became the manager).
My boyhood club has always been Man United.
Both parents support United so u can say i am United by birth, United by choice.
In ur case, U are Tottenham by birth, Arsenal by force. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:10am On Sep 29, 2006
Story time
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dblock(m): 1:29am On Sep 29, 2006
why do uous keep spelling it gooners its gunners (I bet its delibrate)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 3:10am On Sep 29, 2006
Dblock, we are gooners and aptly too gunners and its no abuse neither is there any deliberateness, i bet most peeps never knew this, like i said once most northerners only knew as Arsenal as 02 and were not familiar with gunners but probably 'emirates' will be the catchword for them now
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dblock(m): 5:19am On Sep 29, 2006
well gooners is the most absurd nickname (not a rude comment to you kitaun), but it is crap nick name, it sounds like an insult even though it isn't
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 9:25am On Sep 29, 2006
1913?? I wasn't born then, so wetin concern me with that one??

I grew up outside Highbury but you want me to support Spurs. I fit vomit at the thought!

We have one traitor in the family who supports Tottenham and he gets abuse all the time.

When we are discussing football he cannot contribute, wetin he wan talk?? yeye Dafoe??
Nonsense.

@Kitaun, Gooners is a nickname for Arsenal and has been for a long time. It started as an abuse by Spurs fans but the Arsenal fans liked the name and embraced it.

The numner one Arsenal fan mag is called "The Gooner". A very funny mag.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2006
@Dblock

Are you okay or you just started supporting Arsenal just this season for u to be making such sickening statements, it is people like you that allow others yab us with mediocre talk, haba shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chuckdee(m): 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2006
Hey Good Peoplz of goonerland, Please does anybody have an idea of where or how i can get my hands on authentic gunners Merchandise here in NIGERIA?. especially Jerseys.

Please i need to lay my hands on the recent Gunners apparels and wont mind customised ones too

Peace to all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2006
Chxta,thanks but no thanks atleast we dont go bribing officials unlike some ;-) and ur source?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2006
Wenger- 'i didnt see that'
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by biomic(f): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2006
The arsenal anthem

And did those boots of arsenal team walk upon highbury's turf so green?
And did they play with great esteem the best foot ball we've ever seen?

And with a cannon on our chest
we play with heart, and mind and zest

we r proud to be arsenal
in victory thru harmony

Gooners for lyfe
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dblock(m): 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2006
I started supporting arsenal in 01 when i saw henry play. I'm not a die hard fan of Arsenal and i don't plan to do so in the future, I don't know Arsenal statistics or history and i don't plan to know them, To be a true fan you don't have to know it all but more importantly to love your team and cheer them on. I never knew that Arsenal were also called the gooners and i never replied to anyone on this thread in a rude fashion, I personally think the name is crap but as opinions are not appreciated on many threads in this forum i'll keep silent,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2006
DBLOCK, it does not matter when you started supporting.

Once you get the love for the club you will research it's history and soon learn all sorts of stuff.

Everyone started somewhere abi?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dblock(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2006
I don't know much about Arsenal because i don't pay attention to statistics but rather to entertainment, to me soccer is not a subject that should be described with in depth description but rather a passion that should be loved for the fruit it bears---peace-- cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by biomic(f): 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2006
dblock:

I don't know much about Arsenal because i don't pay attention to statistics but rather to entertainment, to me soccer is not a subject that should be described with in depth description but rather a passion that should be loved for the fruit it bears---peace-- cool
am with u man
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2006
Well people learn about the thing they have a passion for.

It stops you making gaffes, like correcting people when they use the term gooners.

Now you know that, and that's how it goes on.

But enjoy your passion and may it never wane.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dblock(m): 3:50am On Oct 02, 2006
Amen
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:02am On Oct 02, 2006
now we are back in form cool
i like our game and i like our style of play

gunner 4 ever gunners4lyfe
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2006
i just hope the 2 week dodgy international breaks do not affect us sha

Did you see that goal on saturday? I was meant to go charlton but f'ed up

Van persie shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2006
you must know that vanpresie never scores idle goals he always tries to make em superb no wonder the dutch always ask for him[img]http://, :x[/img] kiss kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Yusufadeto(m): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2006
i know, we r making all the progress, hope we will keep the form and get back to our position, which is the top

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.