Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (512035 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 12:32am On Dec 02, 2006
@ Kitaun,

Pls make it 3 weeks.
Spurs will win tomorrow.
Its been written and the scores will be 2-1 to Spurs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 12:57am On Dec 02, 2006
Yeah dats the Jackstrademus cheesy cheesy. sincerely, all this talks about winning or loosing to spuds makes lil difference.As fas as wenger is concerned the title race is over. A reporter asked him about the title race after the fulham defeat, and he replied telling the guy to do the math himself! wink wink. I just want Arsenal to snatch points from the Romans, i definitely know Arsene would dosomething awesome, especially after the would be defeat totenham will unleash on that Jinxed emirates stadium tommorrow! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 4:51am On Dec 02, 2006
Jackal, since you are so sure Spurs would win, would you be ready to do likewise and have 3 days off board if they lose, best believe we are going on a winning streak that would make you all tape and padlock ur cavities shut!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:55am On Dec 02, 2006
Winning streak?
Spurs now and Chelski later.
Do u really think this Arsenal can record victory against Chelsea?
I want u to do some soul-searchin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2006
@jackal

anything is possible, u know,

it may be a bad run for us now, but jackal you know as i as i do that arsenal will always come back to winning ways

irrespective of whichever team we play,

this is the decisive point of the season, if u don't win vital games then we are doomed especially this period,

sometimes i wish we had won all our other games and lose to chelsea, thats okay by me, but to lose to chelsea that is unacceptable,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amoke115: 12:50pm On Dec 02, 2006
Chelsea would go down, if only to prove Arsenal is still the dominant force in premiership as per London clubs
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2006
Well seeing that we beat The Scum at the House of Nightmares tongue (sorry dreams cheesy) the answer will be Yes!! cAny body can beat anyone on their day Jackal, thats a fact that has nothing to do with soul searching!! You all couldn't beat Celtic, and could only draw with the Russians, so lets not go there grin

Anyway, all this talk of doom and gloom aside, guys check this out, this rumour has been spreading around for sometime now, especially interesting following the calls for an under performing Henry to be dropped. Here what do you all think;

ARSENAL NEWS REVIEW  
Did Wenger drop Thierry Henry for two games?
By Myles Palmer

Three weeks ago, before I went to Colorado, I heard a story about Thierry Henry.

Apparently, after the 1-1 draw against Middlesbrough on Saturday, September 9, Arsene wasn't happy and told the players he wanted them in on the Sunday.

Allegedly, Henry said, "I'm not coming in tomorrow." And Arsene had to speak to him privately.

And then Henry was dropped for the next two games. But the manager said he was injured.

The two games he missed were the 2-1 victory in Hamburg and Manchester United, where they won 1-0.

It's an interesting story and Arsenal fans can choose to believe the story, or not.

Do I believe it? Yes, because I trust my source.

Yes, because that happens quite a lot. A manager says a player is injured because he doesn't want to play him.

He can't drop him publicly without a media rumpus, so he drops him secretly.

http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2006-12-01-16-07-20.html

Well my thoughts are that if the story is true, then i am chuff, the Gaffer needs to show some balls and let the Primadonna know who is boss cool

It was also reported that this happened

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=thierry-bust%2Dup-%26method=full%26objectid=18196793%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

It seems TH14 was pissed off that Wenger dropped him also for todays game, when he told the Gaffer that he was fit, and it states that he stormed off in a puff tongue Bad Bad Boy!!! embarassed

Also i wanted to put up what the former Gaffer said about the current Arsenal team, but forgot. sad Well it seems the present Gaffer didn't exactly take kindly to 's remarks and advice, here is Arsene's reply here;

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/news/3103266/Wenger-tells-George-to-shut-it.html

My!! My!! some one is touchy grin

Lastly here is a blog by Robbo of the Beeb, if you are a regular reader of BBC Sports you will know how F@*king hilarious Roobo's sections are, and this one is not left out (besides it has to do with Arsenal, enjoy,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A17845905

Anyway, the game with the Spuds should be thrilling, and could go either way. But the Gaffer is really pissed off and is saying out bluntly that we will win (when last did Arsene make those certain comments) so maybe he knows something we don't, besides he hates M Jol tongue, and we hate the Spuds tongue So really no need for motivation to tear them a new @##$%$^%^ wink

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE ARMY cool

Guys lets support our team, sorry finally check this out, nice article about supporters, that cuts across all clubs, even if the author was specifically writing from a Gooner prespective cool

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/articles/3103260/As-fans-we-have-a-right-to-expect.html

Have a lovely weekend sports lovers cool I'am out

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amoke115: 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2006
Hmm? Henry Vs Wenger? Bullshit! Wtf?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2006
Sorry guys cool

A more balanced version of the Vs Arsene stuff here

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1962141,00.html

Enjoy cool

And like i said, the Gaffer says;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6197666.stm

cool Nice one Man cool

Laters people cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2006
GOAL, ADebayooooor!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PDF: 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2006
. . . and another GoAL by Gilberto from the spot-kick; it's 2 - 0 to the gunners.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by gaby(m): 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2006
They see we rolling, they hating, big up Gunnersssssss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bolaoni(m): 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2006
2 dubious goals! is spurs in Emirates to admire the grass or what? cant c wht they're playing.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 3:59pm On Dec 02, 2006
gaby:

They see we rolling, they hating, big up Gunnersssssss

we are riding real dirty,

Gunners Rules, Spurs Droolsssss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2006
@ Loyika,

I can't believe what just happened at the Emirates stadium.
Graham Poll had to show how biased he is when he officiates a game involving Arsemnal.
The 2 penalty calls were dodgy. What the Bleep was that?

Rosicky should have been carded for that dive as Chimbonda did not even touch him.
The 2nd penalty was even worse as Van Persie used his hand to control the ball before falling down.
Anyways, they home-advantage worked well for all y'all and lets see how it will work against Mourinho.

Arsenal as a team ain't doing too bad with the position(3rd) on the league table.
Nah, i guess not, what the Bleep, ohhhhh my God they are doing really bad with the points.
13 massive points behind Man Utd and 10 points behind Chelsea.
U guys should do United a favour and neutralise Mourinho's tactics next sunday.

Its all good.
The score-line does flatter Arsenal's overall performance.
The scoreline should have been Graham Poll 3-0 Tottenham.
Lemme go n prep maself ready for the game of the day against Middlesboro.
Arsenal, catch us if u can.

@ Kitty Kit,
My prediction would seem off-mark but don't blame me.
Blame Graham Poll. He is the biggest asshole on the planet.
No wonder he got kicked out of the world cup. grin
Enjoy ur weekend.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2006
@jackal

aw, come on, graham pooll 3 - tottenham 0

we won, simple and straight, when manutd cheated against tottenham 2 seasons ago, u didn't say anything about that,

now its the gunners, and you always seem to hate us, wat have we done to u man,

we play good football, not kick and follow like ch**** lipsrsealed

anyways, just prepare cos when u come fly the emirates we will beat u guys black and blue, sorry i mean red and white,

and there would be no insurance cover, cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2006
@ Lordimpaq,

Dont make me beat u. grin
Anyways, i have got a question i wanna ask u and Loyika.
Do u think i am biased and i hate Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2006
we won great match . .no complains . .only that they shud have scored more grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by sil(m): 6:31pm On Dec 02, 2006
who?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by CrazyMan(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2006
Machester united cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2006
crazykid:

Manscum united cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2006
Victory - whether we layed 'well' or not is the important fact.

we've been denied penalties in recent games, so if in a 50-50 case the decision went our way, i dont think its a bad thing. besides we scored from open play as well and the rotten spuds never played anything. . . . . . . .they played much much better in game at highbury earlier this yr.

Wenger must truly have been mad, cuz he said we'd beat them and we did. now, on to Porto. as long as e win that game, i'm much less concerned if we lose or draw at chelski, cuz the league race is officially over for us. We just need to keep winning our games and build up momentum for the cups now.

Apart from the formation issues and all, i think losing players at critical points did affect us a lot. remember when we lost eboue and rosicky we drew with and lost at westham, after losing gallas we then went on to lose at bolton and fulham. the importance of a stable defence on our game should not be overestimated. Once we settle that part and stop conceding stupid goals in 10mins, we are sure to improve, but sadly, its all those draws that are painful now, dropped points at home are always costly.

On to the portuguese!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by gaby(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2006
Muki muki baby, wats up dear, where art thou my friend, did u see our match, that was some pounding,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaylala(m): 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2006
shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2006
gaby:

Muki muki baby, wats up dear, where art thou my friend, did u see our match, that was some pounding,

i did . .i watched the match . .and i was hoping for more goals . . .

some haters will zip up . . grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by candylips(m): 1:29am On Dec 03, 2006
if una lose una no go let us here word if una win una no go let us hear word undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 7:55am On Dec 03, 2006
Jackal:

@ Lordimpaq,

Dont make me beat u. grin

Remember we did the last time at the theatre of nightmares, lipsrsealed sorry theatre of dreams

Jackal:

Anyways, i have got a question i want to ask u and Loyika.
Do u think i am biased and i hate Arsenal?

i think u hate some arsenal fans, and u hate the managers guts too,
yes u are biased, sometimes though,
u sometimes tend to protect the interest of manchester united even if they play badly

but i think its normal with every fan of a football club, not to me,

mine is to criticise, whether they play bad or good,

for instance, rosicky penalty was dubious, in my opinion, its not a penalty, but RVP claim was genuine, Chimbonda went for the ball but unfortunately for spurs and fortunately for us, we won,

look at the 12th minute that malbranque stabbed the ball wide, it was due to a defensive lapse, and a mistackle from eboue that set berbatov free, if malbranque had scored, we would be doomed, cos tottenham would leave only berbatov in front and the rest stay put at the back,

we were kinda lucky but we were the better side never the less,

GUNNERS RULE,

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2006
@ Lordimpaq,

RVP's penalty claim was more dodgy cos he deliberately used his hand to control the ball before he was hacked down.
Graham Poll saw this but he ignored the incident. So much for HOME ADVANTAGE.

Ronaldo's penalty was a valid penalty cos it was a one on one situation with the goal-keeper.
Rule 12 says a penalty kick shall be given if a goal-keeper impedes or attempts to impede an opposing player whether there is contact or no contact.

Ronaldo is a pacy player and if he gets tripped in the most minimal contact, he will lose his balance and fall down.
Schwarzer attempted to tackle Ronaldo but he removed his leg in the last second, Ronaldo had to avoid his leg to protect himself thus shifting away and losing his balance.
Tge law says a penalty should be given as there was an attempt/intent and that is enough to impede to impede Ronaldo.
Capice?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 10:37am On Dec 03, 2006
Jackal:

RVP's penalty claim was more dodgy because he deliberately used his hand to control the ball before he was hacked down.
Graham Poll saw this but he ignored the incident. So much for HOME ADVANTAGE.
i guess it was on polls blind side, so how can it be dodgy when u even know he was hacked down, at least he was hacked down save for the hand ball claims, but rosiscky's was even more controversial, cos chimbonda went for the ball, and was it enough for chimbonda to impede tomas rosicky from falling, i doubt that,
in ronaldo's case he could have stayed on his feet, even fergie knew that, that makes ronaldo's claim even more dubious, cos there was no substantial contact watsoever

Jackal:

Ronaldo is a pacy player and if he gets tripped in the most minimal contact, he will lose his balance and fall down.
Schwarzer attempted to tackle Ronaldo but he removed his leg in the last second, Ronaldo had to avoid his leg to protect himself thus shifting away and losing his balance.
the more reason why he tries to persuade referees' decisions to give a penalty, ronaldo could have stayed up,
now he's brought up the diving row again, he's sure to attract boos again when manchester united plays any team away from Old trafford
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bolaoni(m): 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2006
the more the boos, the more the drubbing. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 1:09pm On Dec 03, 2006
yeah rite,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2006
Jackal, shut the Bleep up!!!  grin

Roscisky was fouled and the claims that he got the ball first do not hold water.
He did not clear the ball and it was still going in the same direction towards the goal and if Chiomda had not them tripped Rosciky he would have scored. So clean cut penalty.

The second one was quite funny, because yes there was a handball an Poll did not give it but why oh why did Jenas then decide to hack him in the box??

Even without the penalties Arsenal were the better team on balance of play and how many times have been the better team and still lost or drawn?? So for once we got what our team deserved.

I thought we really should have scored a few more.

Ronaldo is very embarrassing when he starts his Oscar performance as a diver. He had two dives and both were bang out of order!

We have two penalties and not one was from a dive but Ronaldo has made it an art form. I understand that Portugal are considering entering him into the Olympics as part of the diving team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.