Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (515770 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 6:10am On Mar 09, 2008
Let's ride on the momentum of the CL victory OVER Milan and the knowlwdge that those pretenders smelling our gunning butts are losing form already and having injury worries too(as Van Dar Sar don break blokors) and storm the JJB stadium and come away with the max 3 points against Wigan

GO GUNNERS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2008
Hehehe, now everybody dey find double, not treble or quadruple anymore grin grin
This premier league title go catch fire now, but with our achievement in milan, there's no stopping us ohhhh grin grin grin grin

Gooner Infinitum cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tommyex(m): 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2008
RASP
u simply an arsenal clown! grin,welldone
we have our job to do in 3hrs +.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2008
FA set to review Fergies attack at match officials.Read on

The Football Association are to review Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's comments about referee Martin Atkinson after his side's 1-0 defeat to Portsmouth in the FA Cup yesterday. Ferguson was also highly critical of referees boss Keith Hackett for his apparent lack of action in dealing with underperforming officials.

'Managers get sacked because of things like that and he's going to referee a game next week,' said Ferguson yesterday.

'He (Hackett) is not doing his job properly and he needs to be assessed.

'I'm assessed as a manager, players are assessed, referees should be assessed properly by the right people. That performance should not be accepted by our game.'

A spokesman for the FA said: 'We are aware of the comments and will be giving them consideration.'

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,Fergie,Fergie ,Fergie stop looking for who to blame for the pomping,failure is truly an orphan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 2:58pm On Mar 09, 2008
FIFA to consider longer ban for Taylor

FIFA are to examine Martin Taylor's infamous foul on Eduardo to see whether the Birmingham defender's three-match ban should extended, it can be revealed.

The world governing body are to call for the Football Association to send them the disciplinary file on the incident involving Taylor, which left the Arsenal striker with a badly-broken leg.

Taylor has insisted the tackle was clumsy rather than malicious, and that has been accepted by Arsenal.

But FIFA president Sepp Blatter said his organisation have the right to ask for such files to ensure that appropriate sanctions have been issued.

Blatter, speaking in Gleneagles following a meeting of the International FA Board, said: 'We will ask for the file.

'We have now the right to ask national associations to give us the file - and if we, the authorities, feel it [the suspension] is not enough then we will come back on that.'

Blatter said the issue of 'violent attacks' needs to be looked at, adding it has even been suggested that offenders should be suspended for the same length of time as their victims are out injured.

Blatter added: 'I told the International Board that a player who is deliberately attacking another player and tries to demolish a player should be banned, and not only for three matches but temporarily banned or a life ban depending on the severity of the attack.

'Why the hell should footballers demolish each other?'

COMMENT;Everybody knows that Dudu is always composed on the ball,more often than not,not in a hurry especially in front of goal,hence the likes of Taylor Tailor may have opted for strong tackles in order to intimidate him and force him into losing composure and making hasty goal attempts.

However,TaylorTailor probably got more than he bargained for.

He has insisted the tackle was clumsy rather than malicious,but I say it was a maliciously clumsy tackle,I pray he is not banned for life,a ten-year ban is okay.
,@ least he wont be completely outta job,as a tailor,he'd easily get a job @ next,marks & spencer or any other taioloring outfit out there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2008
FIFA to consider longer ban for Taylor

FIFA are to examine Martin Taylor's infamous foul on Eduardo to see whether the Birmingham defender's three-match ban should extended, it can be revealed.

The world governing body are to call for the Football Association to send them the disciplinary file on the incident involving Taylor, which left the Arsenal striker with a badly-broken leg.

Taylor has insisted the tackle was clumsy rather than malicious, and that has been accepted by Arsenal.

But FIFA president Sepp Blatter said his organisation have the right to ask for such files to ensure that appropriate sanctions have been issued.

Blatter, speaking in Gleneagles following a meeting of the International FA Board, said: 'We will ask for the file.

'We have now the right to ask national associations to give us the file - and if we, the authorities, feel it [the suspension] is not enough then we will come back on that.'

Blatter said the issue of 'violent attacks' needs to be looked at, adding it has even been suggested that offenders should be suspended for the same length of time as their victims are out injured.

Blatter added: 'I told the International Board that a player who is deliberately attacking another player and tries to demolish a player should be banned, and not only for three matches but temporarily banned or a life ban depending on the severity of the attack.

'Why the hell should footballers demolish each other?'

COMMENT;Everybody knows that Dudu is always composed on the ball,more often than not,not in a hurry especially in front of goal,hence the likes of Taylor Tailor may have opted for strong tackles in order to intimidate him and force him  into losing composure and making hasty goal attempts.

However,TaylorTailor probably got more than he bargained for.

He  has insisted the tackle was clumsy rather than malicious,but I say it was a maliciously clumsy tackle,I pray he is not banned for life,a ten-year ban is okay.
,@ least he wont be completely outta job,as a tailor,he'd easily get a job @ next,marks & spencer or any other taioloring outfit out there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:10pm On Mar 09, 2008
Raspuntin

keep it going wink

you are funny grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 3:46pm On Mar 09, 2008
muki i follow u laugh o grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2008
[center][size=30pt]BRING ON WIGAN!!![/size][/center]

Gooner Infinitum cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2008
i like ur spirit jare grin grin
bendtner and gilberto start today in place of eboue and diaby that played at the sansiro
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2008
its like van persie is back cos he is on the subs bench cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2008
Van Persie and Toure are almost 100% grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2008
umh umh umh umh !!!!!

I am warming up. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2008
whoa! chelsea here's our chance!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2008
whitelexi:

[center][size=30pt]BRING ON WIGAN!!![/size][/center]
Gooner Infinitum cool

grin grin grin

Yes,bring on Wigan indeed!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2008
ok. . . third successive 2pts dropped. . . . so what happened?

Ok I can imagine what you guys say. . . . . Common it's just a bad day. . .

This is one bad day too many guys. . . The premiership was yours to lose . . . . It's over!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 6:50pm On Mar 09, 2008
@ nateevs,

Where are these moronic GAYnners?
Lets hear the excuses. . . . . .Eduardo was missing, Lehmann had FLU, Fabregas has malaria and then what?
3 consecutive draws in the Premiership. . . . .I am having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arsenal has just blown their chance to win anything meaningful this season.

ADVANTAGE UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2008
What is happening on this thread? Looks like a graveyard grin How can a team seeking to win league be unable to beat Birmingham with a man advantage,Villa at home and Wigan away from home?

3 consecutive draws,Arsenal have won only once in the last six games. I told you guys you will end up in 3rd place grin Even Chelski can catch up with you,you still have to go to Stamford Bridge.

Maybe this win over Milan was the best thing to happen to the title race. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2008
They were clueless on the day.
It makes u wonder how weak AC MILAN was for Arsenal to have snatched a victory at San Siro.
Blimey. . . . .Wigan could have beaten Milan at San Siro as well.

Gaynners cannot SCORE. . . . Their game play is next to rubbish.
It was the most boring premiership game i have seen this season.
3 consecutive draws has condemned Gaynners to 2nd place especially when Man Utd is facing Derby County next.
It also gives Fergie to boost the goals difference. . . . . . .

ARSENAL is a shyte team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2008
@Chacal

Really I am having a laugh as well. . . They all know it's over. . . I was talking to some Arsenal fans in the week explaining to them why I was not thrilled by their Milan win and why the consequence is inconsequential to the premiership title race. . .

Let's hear what they have to say. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2008
4 Play:

What is happening on this thread? Looks like a graveyard  grin How can a team seeking to win league be unable to beat Birmingham with a man advantage,Villa at home and Wigan away from home?

3 consecutive draws,Arsenal have won only once in the last six games. I told you guys you will end up in 3rd place  grin Even Chelski can catch up with you,you still have to go to Stamford Bridge.

Maybe this win over Milan was the best thing to happen to the title race.  grin

sharrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap tongue

where were you yesterday? tongue

at least we didnt lose . it was just hard luck . besides we are still on top . win ur matches first before you start talking tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Him(m): 7:03pm On Mar 09, 2008
that is the definition of a blunt attack.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2008
Lets put things into perspective.Milan had only won 4 of their 13 games at home in the league.Sides like Roma have gone their this season,totally outplaying Milan and come out victorious.People underestimated how much Milan has deteriorated since last season.

Just when people were talking of how Arsenal squandered an 8 point lead with 10 games to go the last time,they squander a 5 point lead grin The funny thing is that there are harder games to come.This is one of the fixtures you thought they should be winning.

The side looked clueless.How many chances did they even create.Wigan were even a better side and the ref missed an iron cast penalty against Arsenal in stoppage time.

Where are those Gooners who were auxilliary Pompey supporters yesterday? grin Its all gone quiet on this thread grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2008
@ nateevs,

What can the morons say?
How many times do we have to tell em 3 DRAWS = 2 LOSSES?
Today's game was Arsenal's 9th draw. . . . . It simply means they have lost 6 GAMES(virtually).

The league WINNERS will not be determined by the team that lost LESS games. . . . . It will be determined by points.
I was telling that cretinous creature called DEBOSKY that Arsenal don't have to lose a single game to come 4th.
The gays have been bitten by DRAWTILITIS.

@ 4Him,

Hang your head in SHAME.
Accept it now. . . . . . .GAYnners are running out of STEAM . . .
True or False?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2008
@Chacal

And they still have ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and Middlesborough to come. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Him(m): 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2008
Chacal:

@ 4Him,

Hang your head in SHAME.
Accept it now. . . . . . .GAYnners is running out of STEAM . . .
True or False?

I wont hang my head in shame until the last game of the season. Its not over yet. Man U still have to win to leap ahead of us which they most likely will at this rate.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2008
and the thread is still dry. .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2008
@ nateevs,

They still have Man Utd, Everton, Liverpool and Chelsea. . . . .
What is to say they will cop 3 points in any of those games?
A team that has been bleeding points since Eduardo's injury can go on like this till May.
The victory against MILAN is over-rated. . . . . . . . Derby County would hold Milan to a draw(no biggie). grin grin grin

WHERE IS DEBOSKY aka Idiot Savant? tongue tongue tongue tongue

@ 4Him,

It's no rocket science especially when we are playing Derby County next.
Bit of history . . . . Derby County have only won a single game and lost 20 games this season.
It will be next to impossibilty if United dont score 6 on the night.
So, it means more points than Arsenal and a gazillion goals difference(which may be an extra point in May).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2008
Hey hey hey grin grin grin Yet another draw.Where they @ now?I saw some silly gaynner said it waz just 'hardluck'.Hardluck my butt.It waz plain sloppiness.
Did RVP have to play in his mentally and physically weak condition?Bendtner was even trying,yet Arse-ene had to take him out because he wanted to prove that the physio at arsenal still deserves his job cheesy. Clichy was rendered absolutely helpless by A.Valencia.The guy kept Clichy well and truly caged.Fabregas and Clichy even had good chances in the 1st half.But instead of shooting for goal,as usual,they had to pass.Silly unnecessary passes right there in the 18-yard box!How mentally ill is that?
During the 1st half when arsenal had more drive,they just couldn't find the back of the net.And when Sibierski came on for Wigan and gave them more power,'em gaynners simply had no answer.Its like they automatically grew weak and tired tongue Shame.
As Chac said,this only goes to show what every right thinking person realized on tuesday-Arsenal beat a weak Milan.And y'all were rejoicing like you had won the Championship.Now you couldn't defeat little Wigan.Wigan o,not even Liverpool or Everton tongue. Yet yesterday when we had terrible officiating and lost,y'all were stupidly gloating.Now today,you had lovely officiating grin. Your beloved RVP was on the pitch.But still,a draw.Its gradually,guys.Just keep managing to get your one-pointers,and also manage to drop to fourth place while you're at it grin grin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2008
Wenger looked like a Arrow after the game. . . . . . .
His team has just blown a 5-point advantage against a lowly rated Wigan Athletic.
What was Wenger thinking. . . . . .

This silly old game is amusing.
2 weeks ago. . . Gaynners were thinking of going 8 points clear. . . .
Fast forward that, they are clutching at straws now as most of their players are suffering from various degrees of FATIGUE and STRESS.
I am LOVING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2008
and they are still not here. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2008
@ nateevs,

They won't show up until Arsenal plays their next game.
It means we are gonna kill em till saturday. . . . lets hope they redeem their image on saturday.
Anutha draw beckons!!!!!!!

Can u explain why Fabregas was holding his head when he bumped into Heskey?
That Spaniard is a bloody diver. . . . . .He is a cheat, a Arrow and the most over-rated fuckwit the game has produced.
He was trying to get Heskey booked like he did to Arteta . . . . PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.