Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband (7597 Views)

*my Sweet Boyfriend/husband/father Of My Kids/olowo-ori Mi/di'm Is Back**(pix). / What Are You Getting Your Boyfriend/Husband On Val's Day? / Ladies, How Do You Feel About Your Boyfriend/husband Constantly Groping Your Azz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by opsydudu(m): 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2008
topup:

[color=#cc0066]Boys are selfish and may not reciprocate,

angry angry angry angry

what do u mean by boys are selfish?
explain yourself
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by grandjedi(m): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2008
@ topup
A one-sided relationship is quite undesireable and should be avoided like the plague. However, in reality it occurs and some marriages are even like that. But with some of the things Zitar has said and prayer ( I believe, no, I know it works) then in time most of these lop-sided relationships can improve.
Even a mad man responds to love.

Now this is not talking about some pathologic relationships in which those involved have to leave for their own safety.

@opsydudu
I think she was contrasting mature men with immature men (boys) in terms of behaviour in a relationship.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by topup: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2008
So grand jedi, would you advise that instead of quitting a relationship (not marriage), one should instead continue showing love? There are some relationships which the person doing wrong is comforted by the idea that the other person will never leave so they don't feel any hurry in changing their ways.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Tranngirls(f): 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2008
People are selfish boys,girls,men,ladies etc, i think
she is talking about our society believes so i guess
if you love someone you show the person with action
and words. But ladies show with words more than action
which is not too good as a few ladies show with action and
the rest of the ladies call them bad girls. It is funny how the
truth is bitter.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Bazz1905: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2008
Zitar, Zitar, Zitar. I have repeated your name as a mark of respect. If you are married, then your husband must be one of the very very very few lucky men, and if you are not, i guess there should be many guys crawling at your feet. (That is if you practice what you preach). Appreciation, is one major deficiency ravaging most ladies (and men also) today. If only we can appreciate what we have and give thanks, many relationships will live longer.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Tranngirls(f): 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2008
Bazz1905 you want to date her, i am sure you already have
wet dreams about her, but remember something you can make
your girlfriend like that if you as a guy know what you want and
express it in a way she understands. A good start will be showing
her this print up.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Bazz1905: 9:56am On Sep 19, 2008
TRanngirls, I am not having wet dreams and will never have. I appreciated Zitars post and in no way showed any sexual admiration. ( You might want to read my post again) It is just refreshing to note that their are still women who acknowledge the power of appreciation. I appreciate my girl (My wife, but i is still call her my girl) and treat her with love and respect, this in turn is reciprocated. This has been the driving force in our union for the past TEN years. (A mile stone i SINCERELY PRAY YOU ACHIEVE). The strenght of a woman does not lie in her tongue, or in sarcasm or in her body. A womans strenght lies in her brains and attitude. Appreciation is a catalyst needed in solidifying every relationship. I hope you appreciate Zitars post and learn to inculcate the habit of appreciation. You sure will need it. and oh lest i forget, the previous post and this post were both typed with my girl by my side. I have nothing to hide. lol
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by grandjedi(m): 11:52am On Sep 19, 2008
topup:

So grand jedi, would you advise that instead of quitting a relationship (not marriage), one should instead continue showing love? There are some relationships which the person doing wrong is comforted by the idea that the other person will never leave so they don't feel any hurry in changing their ways.

Not quite. Notice the caveat in my post.

grand jedi:

@ topup
A one-sided relationship is quite undesireable and should be avoided like the plague. However, in reality it occurs and some marriages are even like that. But with some of the things Zitar has said and prayer ( I believe, no, I know it works) then in time most of these lop-sided relationships can improve.
Even a mad man responds to love.

Now this is not talking about some pathologic relationships in which those involved have to leave for their own safety.

In those instances when you know you've given your best and the other party is still taking you for granted then you need to opt out in peace.
This is a parasitic relationship that may end up devastating the person.

@Bazz1905
I quite agree with you. Many women don't realise that their men could be their love slave if they would just appreciate him.
Or that a woman is in the best position to cut her man to the bone with her tongue which brings out the beast in him.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Bazz1905: 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2008
Grand Jedi. True talk. There will be less stress in relationships if they could discover the power of kind words intead of believing that being bitchy is the in thing.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by topup: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2008
opsydudu:

angry angry angry angry

what do u mean by boys are selfish?
explain yourself

Lol, I choose my words carefully, BOYS ARE SELFISH!
Men on the otherhand are wonderful! Boys eventually grow up into men.
Which one are you?
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by simmy(m): 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2008
mage is going to come and post crap here. sharrap
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Mage: 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2008
Okay. Twas a nice and enlightening but did you have to do an exposé on guys? Men can be so vain and egotistical when it comes to their sexual prowess. If you have a man, and its ounds lik u do. Grab him, take him home and let him know how much you love him behind closed doors.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Tranngirls(f): 12:56am On Sep 22, 2008
Mage i undestand want you are saying but i give my man appreciation
because he deserves it, him alone not anybody else. I like my man to talk
about me to his friends as the best sex he ever had not a one night
stand he had.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by chessguru(m): 1:12am On Sep 22, 2008
more like appreciate your king, he is priceless
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by jgirl3: 1:18am On Sep 22, 2008
Appreciate a man? Okay, lemme appreciate a guy (who's not in my family) in my life right now.
He's a wonderful, handsome guy with good dress sense.
Till date, I bless the day I met him. He's the perfect guy in every sense.
Caring, nice, dedicated, determined, helpful, amazing, intelligent and downright gentlemanly.
He has never said anything bad to me in all our days of being friends, yet, he's totally honest with me.
He may be far from me but he never fails to check up on me regularly and he shows genuine concern.
He's not my boyfriend or husband but he's the one guy right now that have shown me how good men can be.

I'm appreciating my closest guy friend and I really love the fact that he's always been there for me.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Tranngirls(f): 4:48am On Sep 23, 2008
J-girl it is nice to appreciate a man but i think zitar was talking
about your boyfriend(lover) not a guy that is your friend.
Personally i think appreciating a guy that is not my boyfriend
will cause problem especially if you have a boy friend or he has
a girlfriend that will cause friction.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by jgirl3: 5:27am On Sep 23, 2008
Tranngirls:

J-girl it is nice to appreciate a man but i think zitar was talking
about your boyfriend(lover) not a guy that is your friend.
Personally i think appreciating a guy that is not my boyfriend
will cause problem especially if you have a boy friend or he has
a girlfriend that will cause friction.
I don't have a bf so I'm appreciating the closest thing to that that i have and his gf already knows me that well. It's not going to cause any problems. . . she knows how much i admire her bf and she knows i'll never do anything to hurt them.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Tranngirls(f): 2:40am On Sep 24, 2008
Well ok but i suggest you get a lover you are appreciate ok,
because through my experience the most effective way to
please a man is sex and you cant give your friend with a
girlfriend sex anyway that is my own opinion. Get the real
thing not a substitute.
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by joshjosh(m): 2:53am On Sep 24, 2008
topup:

Lol, I choose my words carefully, BOYS ARE SELFISH!
Men on the otherhand are wonderful! Boys eventually grow up into men.
Which one are you?

you dont take hostages young lady. it is not your fault God blessed you with wisdom and a good dose of common sence
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Tranngirls(f): 3:16am On Sep 25, 2008
Zitar where did u come up with this, you are my heroine
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by 190: 12:16am On Oct 07, 2008
wait na me u want mak i read that tin, NO WAY MAN ABI NA WOMAN, CHELSEA DEY PLAY MATCH IM OFF
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by Tranngirls(f): 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2009
It has been a long time we read this but it is so true, this should be read over and over again
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by unitee(f): 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2009
he is everything the world can provide
Re: Appreciate Your Boyfriend/husband by achinu(m): 1:50am On Aug 21, 2009
Thank you for such a write up, you definitely hit the bulls-eye. I've always told my woman & continue to tell her that it's the little things that matter, I personally like to compliment my mate. I remember earlier in our my relationship, I noticed that I wasn't getting any type of compliments from her but would get compliments from other women outside. I brought this to her attention, although I consider myself a self confident individual it bothered me that the woman I cared about & was dating wasn't much of a compliment giver, yet I was getting compliments from other women besides her.
She apologized & said she it wasn't intentional, that she wasn't used to receiving compliments and it didn't really cross her mind to reciprocate. Fast forward a few years later she's now a better compliment giver which I really appreciate. Some people might ask what's the BIG DEAL in complimenting your mate, I'll put it like my pastor said "IF YOU DO NOT AFFIRM YOUR MATE, SOMEONE ELSE WILL" and trust me you don't want others affirming your mate cuz it may just open up a window/door in your relationship that you don't want.
Again thanks!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Girlfriend Was 'Forced' To Sleep With Her Lecturer / My Elder Sister's Boyfriend Is Eyeing Me! What Should I Do? / Nairaland Ladies Should Stop Puting Their Pics on Their D.p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.