Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? (4705 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Can You Ever Date Your Ex Again? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by layi(m): 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2005
Would you date your friend's(or relative's) ex boy-friend/husband?
Why/why not?
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by hotangel2(f): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2005
Ermmm... YES/NO

Yes cos love does crazy stuffs
No cos, that'll just be wrong... but again YES cos.. if my friends ex, is my match.. i have no power to go against it.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by nddy(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2005
if she is good i would sleep with her but not a relationship. coz thats just disrespceting your friend
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by Bibi(m): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2005
If she was married with my friend, I wont date, we can be friends.
However, if they were not married, just dated, yes I will go out with her if we both feel that way. But I can only do this after they have separated for a while, say 6 months at least. Anything sooner, I consider disrespect to my friend.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by vexxy(f): 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2005
I agree with Bibi.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by icingbaby(f): 12:27am On Nov 01, 2005
hell o no, this is the people I wouldn't date.
my brothers friends
my friends brothers
my co-workers
and any one I have class with. smiley
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by Bibi(m): 8:37am On Nov 02, 2005
you are surely a baby with ice....
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by jenny247(f): 11:58am On Nov 02, 2005
I can't say. As hot-angel said, love does crazy stuffs but hummm ordinarily, I wouldn't. It'll be disrespectful to my friend or relative and if the break up had a devastating effect on my friend or relative, dating their ex could open their wound by bringing back memories and it may be too hard for them to deal with. A friend of mine dated my ex and i didn't feel bad though cos i was really over the relationship and wouldn't have taken him back. i just prayed she enjoyed it while it lasted! grin
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by salako: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2005
I don't see a problem with it, only i think it would be considerate to discuss it with your friend first. make sure your friendship will stand, else you have a choice. your friendship or the new relationship.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by kikelomo(f): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2005
Ah! I don't think so O! It's just one of those "not right" things i guess.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by whiteshark(m): 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2005
yes..

if she's worth it why not... My friend might not have seen the qualities I now see in her...... I do not see anything wrong in it @all. It might even lead to marraige if things go nicely...
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by Trooper(m): 6:22pm On Nov 02, 2005
No, I think it's disrepectful.....
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by Naijalife(f): 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2005
layi:

Would you date your friend's(or relative's) ex boy-friend/husband?
Why/why not?
hell NO
na wahala full there
plus u will never know for sure if there are still feelings btw the ex people which in theory somethings holds true
so HELLL NO
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by Scorpio(f): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2005
Personally, i won't be able to do that. reason? don't have any other than it won't feel right no matter wat.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by Oracle(m): 5:32am On Nov 03, 2005
NO NO NO NO NO NO
itz f@#$%ked up to do that
coz this is a girl my friend once dated
and his my true friend
he must have dumped her 4 a gud reason
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by whiteshark(m): 9:50am On Nov 03, 2005
what if it was the other way around

what if the Broda's ass was o good 4 the sistah eh

Wat if the slaker was dumped??
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by jenny247(f): 10:09am On Nov 03, 2005
Even if it's the other way round, what makes you think you'll be good enough for her? what makes you think she would not throw you out faster than she threw your friend out? grin
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by ace2ice(f): 10:16am On Nov 03, 2005
well.... like hot angel said, love does make people do crazy stuff..... i was in a situation like that once as a matter of fact it was so complicated i didnt even think it'd last long.

im presently dating a friend to my ex(they weren't too close anyway and i and this ex never 'got down') thing is we've been dating for over a yr now and its been great! not even once have i regretted making the decision to be with him. i'm crazy bout the chap and he's crazy bout me too, he happens to be my first true love so.... do u think i'd have forfeited what i now have cause of my ex?? i don't think so! this chap's made me happier than all the men i've dated put together.....

i see absolutely nothing wrong if its being done with utmost sincerity.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by loveth(f): 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2005
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by ajayi1(m): 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2005
grin angry shocked hahaha
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by CHOCHORI(m): 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2005
LETS NOT JUST RUN INTO CONCLUSION AND EVERYONE SAYS NO NO NO NO ? I MAY OR MAY NOT.WHY? WOTS THE REASONS FOR THE BREAK UP? IF MY FRIENDS GIRL WAS WONDERFUL AND MY FRIEND WAS TERRIBLE THEN I MIGHT DATE THE GIRL IF SHE FANCIES ME. SOMETIMES WE LET OUR DESTINED WIFE SLIP OFF COS SHE WAS OUR FRIENDS EX,NO NO NO NO,I EMPLOY U TO BE CRITICAL IN DECISION,COS 90 PERCENT OF GIRLS ARE SOMEONE ELSE,DOESNT MATTER WHOSE ELSE SHE WAS.ONCE SHES A GOOD GIRL DATE HER PERIOD
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by rihanna(f): 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2005
i think i will date my friends ex provided he's got no feelings for my friend n my friend has no feelings for him too! i hope she understands dat its over btw dem! well, if my friend dates my ex, i'll be kool wit' it. aint nobody stoppin' her she shuld go right along provided i dun have feelings for him.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by ocho(f): 1:02am On Nov 04, 2005
date my friend's ex? No! i wouldn't do that, cos it'd be too weird, i wouldn't like it if any of my friends dated my ex either, so NOOOO!
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by uchesco(m): 5:19am On Nov 04, 2005
I see no problem wit that, as long as u have the courtesy to tell your friend before it starts... Not to get his permission,but as a mark of respect (afterall he IS ur friend , and will have to keep seeing the girl around u.)
If he's not ok wit it (they might have been really intimate or had a really HOT quarrel), then the choice is mine,is ur friend really worth it or ur new found babe.... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by aloib(f): 5:45am On Nov 04, 2005
hell no!!!!!!!!!!! i cant do that, it really wont just work out for me..........., its like disrespecting ur friend
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by whiteshark(m): 7:56am On Nov 04, 2005
jenny247:

Even if it's the other way round, what makes you think you'll be good enough for her? what makes you think she would not throw you out faster than she threw your friend out? grin

That's wat I am saying... The guy might have beem a real bum and she could not stand his slimmy sknny ass and he got tossed.. U as a friend might fit perfectly into what she wants in a man and if u find her as accomodating and compactable then I dont see y not. I have dated my friends's ex b4 and it was good while it lasted.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2005
well if you believe in "Why should i go for a guy whom my friends has rejected?!" then i guess you'll never go for him, but let me add one thing love can come in many ways! trhe fact that he has dated your friends doesn't forbid you from loving him! just hope your friend doesn't bring wahala among you!
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by star(f): 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2005
Yes I would. The world is a funny place. He might be the one meant for me. What about the case where he is cute, mannered, ---infact everything any girl would wish for and my friend does't appreciate him and takes him foregranted.. After they break up .. some months or years after, he starts to fancy me and I kind of liked him as a person... My dear, i would run into his arms. Keep a relationship that my friend would regret ever taking him foregranted.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by smiley(f): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2005
ive got a similar problem, am dating this guy-later i found out his my friends ex and she hasnt gotten over him, i can't let her know am dating him because she is a very nice person and he doesnt mind if she finds out because he out of the relationship and i love him very much?
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by showlankie(m): 9:09pm On Nov 17, 2005
i would only do it if i didnt know they dated. if i knew, then i wouldnt.
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2005
if only it would be alright wit ma friend den i would
but if it wouldn't,den i'll not
Re: Would You Date Your Friend's Ex? by loveth(f): 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2005
hmmmmmmmmm grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6, July 2015-international Kissing Day / What is your favorite love position? / She Ended It, The Strangest Thing Is: She Kept Crying And Never Wanted To Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.