Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com (8245 Views)

10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland / Nairaland.com Goes Off And On: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by mochafella(m): 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2006
davidylan:

First i welcomed all sorts to say hi, then after annoying hrs where colleagues had to tell me to stop the constant YIM pinging i started setting my YIM invisible,
Just plug in headphones, if your workplace allows them. grin

ono:

Well, what I normally do is to study the line of thought or the pattern of my would be friend discussion. I also take time to go through the person's profile.
erm Ono, u don't have that opportunity if the person is a newbie who joined Nairaland 30 mins before hitting u up. undecided
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2006
erm Ono, u don't have that opportunity if the person is a newbie who joined Nairaland 30 mins before hitting u up.

Exactly Ono, most of them either just joined or dont post at all, there's just prowling the web looking for unsuspecting guys to prey on! Most times my first impulse is to run the name or ID on a nairaland google search, 99% of the time they turn up blank!
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by spikedcylinder: 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2006
How do you do this ono?Do you wait for the person to keeping on yapping on and on until you find out the person is a reasonable person before you respond?Or you are usually the one to make the "first move"?
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by ono(m): 6:51pm On Jul 06, 2006
Okay, it's something like, I look at the profile of peeps who'd post more than 500 posts. And that's it. If it's filled with smileys and other junks, I back off quickly. So, for a new joiner, I might wait a while to see what sort of stuff he/she's posting in here.

You see, I go for peeps whom I think I can flow with very well.
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by OldGlory1(m): 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2006
Ono

I think i just passed 500 posts! Check my boring profile.
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by spikedcylinder: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2006

I think thats basically what everybody wants and its usually very hard to find someone truthful that you can flow very well with on the internet.
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by mochafella(m): 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2006
spikedcylinder:

How do you do this ono?Do you wait for the person to keeping on yapping on and on until you find out the person is a reasonable person before you respond?
Spikeeeeyyyyy, grin grin grin grin

ono:

Usually such a person will have an active conversation with u, no biggie, but not most new members. I guess its fear of the unknown. undecided
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by ono(m): 7:00pm On Jul 06, 2006
Folks, you must appreciate the fact that a lot of us are pretty busy people. I really don't have all the time in the world.  I've read quite a number of intelligent posts from guys and ladies alike on this forum. But I do not have all the time to chat with all of them at once.

There are quite a number of folks I really long to chat with, including Sir Davidylan, nferyn, Kola, and spiky (spikedcylinder). One of these days we get to talk, OK?
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by spikedcylinder: 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2006
Wetin i do o mochafella?! grin

Ono,why are you refering to David as Sir? :oIs there something am missing? grin
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2006
spikedcylinder:

Wetin i do o mochafella?! grin

Ono,why are you refering to David as Sir? :oIs there something am missing? grin

Mba spikey, you know the truth. I'm not 102 yrs old.

@ Ono, the honor to chat with you is mine! Thanks a mill!
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by anton(m): 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2006
I don't think it's newbs. I think there are robots that are programed to instan message folks who are logged in. they all say the same thing every time. I ignore them ASAP. I thought i was being mean, but now that i see it affects all thes people, im going to be RELENTLESS in my ignoring of them. grin
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by lilnaomi(f): 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2006
can i jus say this was totally unnecessary@ davidylan

if u get ppl from this site bothering u, there's somthin called permanently appearing offline 2 them, not come here n start spilling ur guts bout som1 from here disturbing u.

u did not even erase d name, u made sure u put d name there. do u knw how embarassin it will be for the person. mayb xyz jus wanted 2 chat 2 u bcus she's seen a coupla ur posts n u sounded nice but am sure he/she knws different now.

i think u jus did this 2 gain attention at d expense of xyz, a totally unnecessary n childish stunt. and wat makes it worse is d fact that avin seen a coupla ur posts around, i believed u were a matured man but now, u proved me wrong.

u can say wateva u like. wrong is wrong, no other name 4 it but wrong!! grow up plz!!
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by bluenubian(f): 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2006
i think u guys like the attention, abeg stop complaining jare, enjoy it!!

** sees davidylan, anton and mochafella online,
logs onto yahoo quickly,
ur next desperate IM stalker** cool grin grin grin grin grin
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by mochafella(m): 8:04pm On Jul 06, 2006
bluenubian:

i think u guys like the attention, abeg stop complaining jare, enjoy it!!

** sees davidylan, anton and mochafella online,
logs onto yahoo quickly,
your next desperate IM stalker** cool grin grin grin grin grin

aaarrggghhh, Its that Florida stalker, I'm signing out grin grin.
Hey blue, its been a minute. How's ur engineer buddy?
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by bluenubian(f): 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2006
hmm mochafella, been a min

or eng is ok, i guess?
i think he is in maryland now, or maybe still in ATL
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 06, 2006
lilnaomi:

can i jus say this was totally unnecessary@ davidylan

if u get people from this site bothering u, there's somthin called permanently appearing offline 2 them, not come here n start spilling your guts bout som1 from here disturbing u.

u did not even erase d name, u made sure u put d name there. do u knw how embarassin it will be for the person. mayb xyz jus wanted 2 chat 2 u bcus she's seen a coupla your posts n u sounded nice but am sure he/she knws different now.

i think u jus did this 2 gain attention at d expense of xyz, a totally unnecessary n childish stunt. and what makes it worse is d fact that avin seen a coupla your posts around, i believed u were a matured man but now, u proved me wrong.

u can say whatever u like. wrong is wrong, no other name 4 it but wrong!! grow up plz!!

and may i also allude that this was also totally unreasonable and unecessary of you! Seeking attention? No ma'am, ive been here for 7 months, if i were seeking attention i'd have gotten it ages ago.
And since when did someone start bearing XYZ or is that a name in your daddy's village?
My dear, u're just 19, stop jumping the gun to say what you don't know in the name of sounding high and important. As much as i have met silly people from here, may i add that i have also been opportuned to meet incredible people via this forum too on the same YIM. I am not as much as complaining about being "disturbed" by Nairaland'ders, it is about the poor communication skills of many who think all they have to do is log on and say hi, asl please and it is now the duty of the guy to start engaging them in conversation and when you don't they start buzzing like you shld give them all the attention in the world!

Did you just tell me about "something called permanently appearing offline to them"? Well sorry to disappoint you, first there is nothing on YIM like that. The offline feature unfortunately keeps you offline to BOTH intruders and Friends alike. i'm sure you didnt notice that!

If this thread annoyed you, sorry but i owe you no appologies. it is not your duty to tell me what thread is appropriate or not.  And if this thread is all you need to prove i am immature, thanks. i'd like to see your own level of "maturity". At least you confess to having been impressed with my posts but i'm yet to be tickled by any of urs if i've ever even come across any. I'm sure they are all likely to be in the offtopic and chatterbox end where you spend your days arguing over the hottest girl in Nairaland.

And as for telling someone else to grow up, i think its pretty obvious who needs to do the growing up!
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by Kadeejah(f): 8:47pm On Jul 06, 2006
omg! i hate when peeps are like that. since i joined Nl ive gotten sooooo may of thoes. once some idiot told me ta f*ck off because i wudnt talk 2 him. im like well nigga welcome 2 my ignore list. seriuosly like get a f*cking life. don't add me nd expect me to be nice when all u do is buzz me a million times just to see if im still there. jeez! angry angry angry and half of tha guys are like wayyy to old 4 me. undecided eewwwww pervz angry
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by eveseh(f): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2006
what is all dis about sef?
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by lilnaomi(f): 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2006
so u know am 19, gud 4 u. am 19, young, yea, but it doesnt mean am blind or sumthin. n i aint tryna sound big or watnot. at all man, dts BS.

i aint in the position 2 tell u bout who 2 chat 2 or who not 2 chat 2. dts ur thing man. but atleast be considerate n not label a fellow site member as unable to communicate efficiently. u even included her name, do u know how she's goin 2 feel?? every1 gets ppl like that from here, but 2 name n shame them, nah dts on another level man.

u can always ignore them. i dont know wat version of YIM u r using but the latest version allows 2 block ppl individually n not ur whole list. dnt think am tryna get rude 2 u unnecessarily or somthin, i jus think wat u did wast uncalled 4. u wudnt like it if u tried chattin 2 anotha member here, n even thoe u did ur best 2 chat 2 them, they come on here n do this 2 u. trust me u wont like it

n bout me avin posts in d offtopics n d whole jargons list, boi plz. i wasnt an active member until joblessness took ova like 2 days ago. but i'd rather chat rubbish, chat jargons than make a fool of another member like dt, atleast no harm done. davidylan, so much 4 being matured.
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by hotangel2(f): 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2006
For some reason, i have to agree with lilnaomi.

If you don't want to talk to 'these people that have poor communication skills" ignore them.

And yes david, there's something on YIM such as stealth setting. U can appear offline to some people, and remain online to some. Ignore those who don't tell who they are from the start. If someone says "hi", pause for some minutes. If the person doesn't go futher to say "this is so and so from so and so, and wants to do so and so", don't even bother asking further questions. Just close the damn window and ignore them.

I don't think this should cause much drama because YIM is now advanced that you can Block people, choose not to add some people, use stealth setting on some people, Infact Appear offline to everyone. SO many will add you as long as u have your email address somewhere on the web. U put your email address there, u should KNOW damn well that not everyone that sees that email address is going to be smart enough to know what to do with it.

Some just want to 'asl, lol, lmao' u. While others know that to get your attention they have to start the conversation right.

Since u have a specific standard, that is, since u want to talk to only intelligent people that can converse good, then keep it that way.

As for the people who only want to asl u, ignore them.

I totally get what lilnaomi is saying. If u don't want random people bugging with you IM's. Just simply take your email off of where they'll see it, or create a special folder in your YIM (labell it "un-itelligent people"wink, transfer all the people who aren't up to your standard there, Remain permanently invisible to them. Otherwise, u should be ready for different kinds of human beings.

-------

Then again, david, i understand you. SOme people just keep going with the buzz thing. It's like this useless woman that keeps pressing the bell to my house whenever she comes over (god forgive me).

They go with the buzz and those audibles as long as they can go. Those kind of people, u just ignore. Ignore them by blocking them. if they really want to talk to you. They'll leave u a good message.

YIM is very much advanced, and u can choose who to talk to at your own time. Unlike MSN. Once u go offline, You go offline.
Infact on YIM, if you're invisible, u can still chat with some people.
----
BTW, it's not as if some people are 'didirins' (that is slow/unitelligent/stupid), they are just shy and probably wondering if they are disturbing you. They could say hi, and wait to see if you are there, or see how u reply them and so on.

sometimes u have to respond to some people. But have it in mind that NO one has the right to make u angry thru YIM. It's ur YIM. BLOCK the hell outta them when they waste ur time. No it's not being mean.

Damn i talk tooooo much.
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by Nutter(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2006
@davidylan,

Mate, thanks for saying what many of us have been thinking.

@lilnaomi,

I believe davidylan used ‘xyz’ in place of the true username of that particular individual.
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by retro(f): 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2006
Nutter:

@lilnaomi,

I believe davidylan used ‘xyz’ in place of the true username of that particular individual.

No. There's actually someone called XYZ.
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by Nutter(m): 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2006
@retro,

Oh right. Didn't know that. Don't think he did either. Not to hold brief for him (because he can do so well enough for himself), but I don't think he knew. The tone of his post: "And since when did someone start bearing XYZ or is that a name in your daddy's village?", tells me he may have been unaware of this.

Davidylan, I guess it's over to you.
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2006
@ lilnaomi,

If anyone is bearing the name XYZ, appologies to such an one. I have NEVER chatted with XYZ and used it only as a PSEUDONYM! It is not the first time ABC or XYZ has been used as a pseudonym. In the US, Jane Doe is used to denote an unidentified female victim, does that mean there are no people bearing Jane Doe? Will they suddenly take up arms against the police for accusing them falsely? Madam lilnaomi, learn to ask questions before jumping to ridiculous conclusions, i know too well than to expressly mention some poor fellow's name in a post.

No u dont intend to be rude to me, i really am not bothered if you intended to or not. I wont waste words with those who think before they act! It would have been a million times more appreciated if you had pointed out your point in a much more matured and responsible manner rather than going off tangent in the hope of sounding responsible?
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by Nutter(m): 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2006
davidylan:

I wont waste words with those who think before they act!

Modify? cheesy
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by diddy4(m): 11:50pm On Jul 06, 2006
davidylan:

I wont waste words with those who think before they act!

modify please. grin grin grin

you really need to read through what u write before you post.

@topic

this is just ridiculous
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by diddy4(m): 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2006
@davidlyn

i dont know why u making noise about this. you aint the only one getting those. i also get those like eerday. i do not complain cuzz it is simple, you either chat wiv them or you just ignore and continue whatchu doing.

i do not know why people always make much ado about nothing.
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by waleleader(m): 12:10am On Jul 07, 2006
It is the Yankee Factor. I get females call my phone from Nigeria and tell me they got my number from a friend and that they want to be my friend. OK then here comes the daily flashes from Nigeria. When i call them back after the tenth flash, i say hello and ask why all the flashes? "Oh i Just wanted to hear your voice". Is it me or are these chics just desperate?

think about it, there's this girl that has been calling me for a while now, more like stalking me. she said she got my number from a friend of mine in Benin that i don't seem to know. its really annoying when she just flashes ten times a day, if she wants to be a friend, ill be up for it.  but i call her back and she sounds really confused.
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by ddizzle(f): 3:19am On Jul 07, 2006
lol david, ure wanted sha, i feel u mine is worse i just ignore mst of the time.its always people saying can u promote me? WHY?? gosh! its really sad
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by diddy4(m): 3:22am On Jul 07, 2006
ddizzle

just send them to come my way, my baseball bat is so waiting. cheesy cheesy
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by ddizzle(f): 3:25am On Jul 07, 2006
lol abi oh, u online, (yim) i need advice on sumthing
Re: xyz: Hello Davidylan, This Is Xyz From Nairaland.com by diddy4(m): 4:46am On Jul 07, 2006
im gon be there whenever u need moi. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whew, I Love Nairaland / Woman Shaking Her Breast To Dance To The Beat Of The Music ‘ No Bra ‘ / Killer Number 0800226655????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.