Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? (2656 Views)

Guys,why Is It So Hard To Get Free Punanni / Stop Trying So Hard To Impress Women! / How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: Does He Like You? Why Are Guys So Hard To Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by cyberpaul(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2006
I have a lot of female friends but having that one very special person dear to my heart has been very hard particularly after i broke up last year.

Its very hard i must say, a lot of girls i've met would just not want committment but they want the benefits applicable in a committed level relationship.

Please advice or culd it just be a peculiar problem i am facing. I'll appreciate your inputs.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by eveseh(f): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2006
it's not really hard
say finding the right person that's hard

but u'll find someone that' u really like or love

the girls u have met,maybe some of dem want it serious ,and u dont know?
just try dem,and see da ways
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by cyberpaul(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2006
Thats serious but thans for the word, but hw easy is it to ask out ur female friends who have lovers.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by Damsal(f): 1:08pm On Jul 07, 2006
You are probably still really hurt from your last relationship and are just finding it hard to move on. It isn't actually hard finding someone, but it's definfitely hard loving someone cause it's an emotion we can't control. Take your time you'll meet someone soon.  

PS.
Girls lie a lot so, the girls you've met are probably just trying to play hard to get i'm sure if you went a little deeper you'll realise one of them feels the same way you do.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by Damsal(f): 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2006
why would you want to ask out your female freinds who have lovers? If you do care for one of them let them know how you feel in a very subtle manner don't come on them to hard, and hear how she feels.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by cyberpaul(m): 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2006
thanx damsal, but i have moved on.All i've said theres nothing pointing to me being scared of trying something new.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by Damsal(f): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2006
new in what sense?
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by cyberpaul(m): 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2006
Something new, thats tryin out a new relationship, its not like i would throw caution to the wind but I think I know when to make a move.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by desiree(f): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2006
I don’t think it is a good idea to ask out your female friend especially if they are already in a relationship. I this you definitely need to change your social circle ie start meeting new people outside your everyday life, maybe that would help.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by Busta(f): 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2006
I don't think its that hard, just that we are blindfolded by so many things that we don't notice other things that matters to us a lot.

as they say " the patient dog eats the fattest bone"
be patient and don't rush into sth u're gonna regret, they right person will sure come along ur way at the appointed time, Don't be easily discouraged!!
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2006
Well the truth is, u cant get the right person, and if u get them they might not be down for u; but sometimes if u are lucky u get the right persons.

All u need do is to make the right person out of the person that is not right, and u'll see how splendid and beautiful it would be. I'm speaking out of experience
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by diddy4(m): 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2006
welcome to my world man.

just take your time, you dont need to rush nothing. its all good. it aint that bad to be single you know. not bad at all.
easy does the trick. take it slow and shine your eyes and one day you gon find the right person or you gon find the person and make her the right person.

do not make the mistake of asking out your close female friends cuzz it aint gonn@ work. certain things are better left the way they are.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by BillGatesFan(m): 9:42am On Mar 09, 2007
Maybe your poor. women love money a lot. but if your rich hide your riches and see among them all who comes to you because of your wealth.

Pretned to be sick and see who come to take care of you all day. then she is your woman
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by nduleme(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2007
I honestly don't believe in the "pretend - you - are - poor thing" when you are rich so that you don't attract the wrong girls, permit me to say its bullsh*t!!

You attract wrong people when you flaunt your wealth, you can be a rich and simple man, not all wealthy people wear crazy and expensive attires and certainly not all drive platinum and chrome plated cars, wise men call these "glittering toys" and unfortunatley they ahve a way of attracting easy girls,

@ topic

I don't think its fair to ask a female friend out, especially when she is involved in a relationship, that does not mean you cannot have a bottle of drinks together, because for all you know, she could even introduce you to a nice girl like herself
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by QUESHIQUE(f): 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2008
SEEK GOD'S GUIDANCE wink THEN GO OUT AND SOCIALIZED AND DO REMEMBER SOMETIMES

GOD SENDS THE RIGHT PERSON TO US IN A GIFT PAPER BUT BECAUSE THE EXTERIOR

IS NOT PRETTY WE DON'T BOTHER TO EXAMINE THE INTERIOR. AM SURE YOU UNDERSTAND

MY LANGUAGE smiley AND GET A CLEAR PICTURE OF WHAT AM AIMING AT smiley. GOOD LUCK AS

YOU GO ON YOUR ADVENTURE cool.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by almondjoy(f): 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2008
Join a church fellowship. Those ones there usually will keep the "agape" going till the after life.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by olanajim(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2008
Have you tried that before, Almondjoy?

Well, the poster have an issue with women. He is right if what he meant to say is getting a decent girl. It is not a news that decent ladies are not evenly distributed. It is also possible he had been moving with undesirable elements.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by almondjoy(f): 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2008
olanajim:

Have you tried that before, Almondjoy?

Well, the poster have an issue with women. He is right if what he meant to say is getting a decent girl. It is not a news that decent ladies are not evenly distributed. It is also possible he had been moving with undesirable elements.

No Olanajim, never had to try that route thank goodness. In ma own case, I never had any problems meeting the right people.  Infact, I was in surplus demand and could not meet the supply since I had to settle for just one.  But I heard that when people get very desperate and can't seem to find love the "normal" way, the resort to "spiritual" means.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by olanajim(m): 7:55am On Mar 25, 2008
Lol

you funny, yet right. I know about that. I know that most churches have responded to that by organising "singles summit" and other spiritual retreats for the DSS. That is Desperately Single and Searching. I don't blame them. At times the DSS were victims of circumstances beyond their control.

Seriously, there is crisis. It seem family materials are now endangered species. You are damn lucky you escape the perilous time.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by olanajim(m): 7:56am On Mar 25, 2008
Lol

you funny, yet right. I know about that. I know that most churches have responded to that by organising "singles summit" and other spiritual retreats for the DSS. That is Desperately Single and Searching. I don't blame them. At times the DSS were victims of circumstances beyond their control.

Seriously, there is crisis. It seem family materials are now endangered species. You are damn lucky you escape the perilous time.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by olanajim(m): 7:56am On Mar 25, 2008
Lol

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 25, 2008
almondjoy:

Join a church fellowship. Those ones there usually will keep the "agape" going till the after life.

for ones i agree with IYA.

o boy, enter church. babes boku for there.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by almondjoy(f): 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2008
olanajim:

Lol

Hahahahahaha  DSS! cheesy

I thank ma lucky stars every day ma dear! The kinds of things available for relationships these days are simply frightening. I am happy to say I had a 15 years head start! If I were single now. . . I will definitely choose to die single.  I just can't see myself hooking up with anything around me for life. Only for short term "recharge" basis! cheesy  As I have gotten older, prettier and wiser, my patience and tolerance for stupidity and ignorance have all accquired shortened fuses! 

E come be now when I dey make ma own money? Oh hell! I go dey rent love on a monthly basis instead! grin

In fact one false move, you are out the door!  I cannot afford to be a "desperado" in this ma life.  May the heavens forbid!  That is what single men and women do best in Nigeria.  In other parts of the world, who cares?  All ma single friends left in Nigeria are all joining one desperate fake "DSS" groups hoping to find happiness, when they do not even know themselves and cannot even think for themselves.  Pity!

I am set for life!  Thank you lord! grin

OMO IBO:

Hmmmmmmm! Thank you Baba!
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by olanajim(m): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2008
Aj,
while congratulating you for a good catch, I urge you to pray and fast for those friends of yours that God may enter their stony hearts. I also want to let you know great guys abound. But they keep finding the wrong ladies. Ladies are not helping matter by looking for ready-made husbands.

Dating now aday is like what you called "recharge". People just break hearts at wish while looking for Mr and Mrs Perfects specially made and designed in heaven.

When we work at our relationship from the scratch, it helps strengthen the bond provided we are since.

The sight of DSS people made me open my heart for penetration. We must learn to love with empathy and utmost respect, trust and commitment before we can locate the missing link. Of course, magnets attract both sand and iron, an individual with wisdom who had discovered him/herself should be able to seperate iron from sands. Unfortunately, that is the missing link. To escape labour of refining crude Iron, men and women with desperate missions jumped at the fine sands and build their marriage on falsehood. It doesn't take long for the dream to crumble before their eyes.

Instead of learning from that failure, they says "good people are hard to find!"
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by tkb417(m): 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2008
Maybe your poor. women love money a lot. but if your rich hide your riches and see among them all who comes to you because of your wealth.

Pretned to be sick and see who come to take care of you all day. then she is your wom
an
na money den dey take marry babe for ur village, olodo.

@all of u wey wan come pack our babes for church
I bind you. .thou shall not be successful in ur devilish bid to infiltrate our churches
Infidels grin grin grin
But na true o, babes full my church so tey i don resolve to dey buy tapes and be listening at home cos i need to cut down my sins
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by sagitarius(m): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2008
finding d right person may be hard some times because most of d people we want are always taken.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by ty4real(m): 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2008
OMO IBO:

I pity your life ooooo,babes boku abi fo rchurch,go carry one of them without doing your findings very well,you will leave to regret the day your mama born you I tell you grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by Macgreat(m): 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2008
Maybe because you are searching too hard tongue

Dont bother to search anymore because they are not worth looking for to have a series relationship with. . .all they want is a FUN fun thing and when they are getting older they would want to hve something serious while their body has lost all the neccessary taste. . . wink
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by 2dye4(m): 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2008
sagitarius:

finding d right person may be hard some times because most of d people we want are always taken.
sagitarius:

could be true atimes.

@poster: when it comes to love, what u can guarantee is giving but not getting.good luck on your quest. wink
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by amuki: 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2008
@Sagitarius,''finding d right person may be hard some times because most of d people we want are always taken. ''
I totally agree with you.It can be painful atimes.
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by iice(f): 3:32pm On Apr 14, 2008
Nahhh for the most part, i think you get what you put out
Re: Why Is It So Hard To Find Someone? by davidif: 10:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
diddy4:
welcome to my world man.

just take your time, you dont need to rush nothing. its all good. it aint that bad to be single you know. not bad at all.
easy does the trick. take it slow and shine your eyes and one day you gon find the right person or you gon find the person and make her the right person.

do not make the mistake of asking out your close female friends cuzz it aint gonn@ work. certain things are better left the way they are.

Wow!!!!!!! Preach, preach, preach.

This might not apply to everyone but boi it sure has applied to me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Friend's Boyfriend Impregnated Another Girl / How Can I Make My Girl Friend Love Me? / When An Ex-Boyfriends Best Friend Is Asking You Out: Is That Proper?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.