Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,225 members, 7,867,588 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:06 PM

I M Troubled By Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I M Troubled By Love (924 Views)

Judge Me, My Conscience Is Troubled / Blinded By Love? Boy Arrested For Doing This For His Girlfriend. See What He Did / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I M Troubled By Love by jemaima: 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2008
Dear Nairalanders

Please i need your candid opinion on this very sensitive issue.

I am a lady of 27years old. I met this guy about a year ago and we started dating, he is 39years old. We really are in love, he was the one who disvirgined me, but my parents are not in support of our relationship. Their reason for objecting is that the age difference is just too much and that in a couple of years to come our interests will differ and as such the marriage will become very stresfull for me. They also told me including some of my friends that there must be more to it that meets the eyes for a man who is almost 40years not to be married.

Actually i have met most of his friends, parents, siblings, pastors etal and i have not found anything starange about him, he want us to get married anytime soon and he is really willing to talk to my parents but they are not ready to listen to him.

However because of the love i have for him, i suggested to him about 4months ago that i should get pregnant, although it is against the tenets of my religion, but he said he would want us to do it right i.e he does not want me to be pregnant until my parents accepts him and i have told him several times that my parents would not listen unless we did something drastic.

At some point i told him that i was opting out of the relationship because i don't wana waste his time, but he breaks and cry like a baby all the time i tell him this.

My dilema are; He will not agree to impregnate me, neither will my parent listen to him without me doing something drastic. Please what do i do?
Re: I M Troubled By Love by rampagain: 12:54pm On Sep 16, 2008
i tot u posted dis shit yesterday

i
Re: I M Troubled By Love by nana(f): 12:54pm On Sep 16, 2008
Tell your folks he was the one who defiled u or lie to them that u're pregnant.
Re: I M Troubled By Love by tope2000(f): 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2008
rampagain:

i tot u posted this shit yesterday

i

heheheheheh
maybe she didnt get the reply she was looking for undecided tongue
Re: I M Troubled By Love by greatgut(f): 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2008
rampaging, u dont have to sound rude to express urself, there are more polite way of reminding her that she posted this yesterday. Besides, she is asking for ur opinion and not an arrogant remark. cheers!
Re: I M Troubled By Love by MrCrackles(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2008
people repost thier old threads if nairalanders ignore the shit! grin

so i guess she vexed and reposted to capture attention by force!!
Re: I M Troubled By Love by MrCrackles(m): 1:00pm On Sep 16, 2008
greatgut:

rampaging, u don't have to sound rude to express yourself, there are more polite way of reminding her that she posted this yesterday. Besides, she is asking for your opinion and not an arrogant remark. cheers!

i dont see anything rude here my friend so what are you raving on about?!

you getting shit twisted, it looks like you are the one sef! grin
Re: I M Troubled By Love by rampagain: 1:01pm On Sep 16, 2008
greatgut:

rampaging, u don't have to sound rude to express yourself, there are more polite way of reminding her that she posted this yesterday. Besides, she is asking for your opinion and not an arrogant remark. cheers!
there is nothing like been rude here ,especially when d poster is being stupid ,and u greatgut is also stupid

she posted this thread twice yesterday,and got replies,what else does she want?

let her do watever she wants to do and let me see road

nonsense
Re: I M Troubled By Love by spikedcylinder: 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2008
He's almost 40 and never been married? All of a sudden he wants to get married? My sister, check o, something dey. undecided undecided
Re: I M Troubled By Love by ainaoe(m): 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2008
smileyhow far with u show ur pics
Re: I M Troubled By Love by greatgut(f): 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2008
i tot we have sensible and mature pple here, she has her reason for reposting it, all we you need do is say something meaningful or ignore her, maybe she hasn't found the right answer. You don't have to insult me or anybody to air ur view.
Re: I M Troubled By Love by rampagain: 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2008
greatgut:

i tot we have sensible and mature people here, she has her reason for reposting it, all we you need do is say something meaningful or ignore her, maybe she hasn't found the right answer. You don't have to insult me or anybody to air your view.

what answer is she looking for?so because nobody supported her ,she wants smone to support her and tell her to take in for a man who might not end up wt her tomorrow?is that d kind of answer shes looking for

if u know i was rude,u yourself would have ignored me,and answer d poster instead of calling my remarks arrogant?now who started d insult

contribute or forever hold your peace sweetie smiley
Re: I M Troubled By Love by greatgut(f): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2008
fine and good, u dont support her and u never will. Please dear, next time try to be a little nice cos it doesn't pay to be harsh.
Re: I M Troubled By Love by rampagain: 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2008
smtimes u need to be harsh to pass a msg across,especially wen d person is d one asking for that reaction

i hear u anyway
Re: I M Troubled By Love by Easybaby(f): 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2008
@poster,
pls, don't get yourself pregnant cos the man will not marry you at the end seeing the way your family behave.
Besides,I think you are desperate to get marry, not that you are in love with the man undecided
Re: I M Troubled By Love by MissyB1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2008
jemaima:

I am a lady of 27years old. I met this guy about a year ago and we started dating, he is 39years old. We really are in love, he was the one who disvirgined me
Good to know you both love each oda.
jemaima:

but my parents are not in support of our relationship. Their reason for objecting is that the age difference is just too much and that in a couple of years to come our interests will differ and as such the marriage will become very stresfull for me. They also told me including some of my friends that there must be more to it that meets the eyes for a man who is almost 40years not to be married
Sorry to say but your parents reasons for objecting doesn't hold water.Age shouldn't be a prob if you love him.Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind,it doesn't matter.I don't understand why they said your interests will differ with time,you could put me tru.Plus no marriage isn't stressful. . . It's about how you manage it.It's very possible for a person to be single for 40 yrs of his life witout "there being more to it that meets the eyes" like ur friends say.
jemaima:

However because of the love i have for him, i suggested to him about 4months ago that i should get pregnant, although it is against the tenets of my religion, but he said he would want us to do it right i.e he does not want me to be pregnant until my parents accepts him and i have told him several times that my parents would not listen unless we did something drastic.
Personally. . . I think he is a person of good moral principles.Every selfish man will jump at dis suggestion but here he is sayin"I want us to do it right".Girl. . . dats a pass mark on his path and I think he is right.
jemaima:

My dilema are; He will not agree to impregnate me, neither will my parent listen to him without me doing something drastic. Please what do i do?

You shouldn't allow him impregnate you before marriage and your parents ought to allow u marry any man of ur choice and give their blessings.You're 27 girl. . . old enuf to touch ur ears. . . old enuf to know what's right. . . . .old enuf to bear consequences of ur actions.Talk to ur parents. .as much as you try being polite also sound firm so they understand u've made up ur mind.There comes a time in one's life when one takes a decision and stands by it bearing in mind that you're ready for its effect. . Favourable or unfavourable.
Re: I M Troubled By Love by sistawoman: 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2008
I am sorry that your parents are not approving of your marriage it really is a shame when we bring someone home to meet the parents and it does not go over as well as we hoped.

What i learned, thru trial and error, is that my dad has always been on spot with anyone i dated. So i stopped and listened. He was spot on about my ex-husband and all of my ex-bf.

When i brought Okomi home to meet my father he gave his instant approval. I knew that it was ok to marry him.

You have to decide for yourself if you are willing to disregard your parents warning or not. But if thier only objection is that he is 39 and not married then to me that is not valid. I know a few Nigerian brothas that are in thier last 30's and have never been married before. It just means that they have not met a sista that is up to thier standards.

I wish you the best of luck with what you decide.
Re: I M Troubled By Love by okonko(m): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2008
jemaima
u dont need to worry, am a year older, u can take me to ur father. i believe this will solve the problem.
Re: I M Troubled By Love by MrCrackles(m): 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2008
okonko:

jemaima
u don't need to worry, am a year older, u can take me to your father. i believe this will solve the problem.

oga okonko u don craze! grin
Re: I M Troubled By Love by dunny87: 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2008
i think u pray over it and God will show u d way
Re: I M Troubled By Love by Godalone(m): 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2008
27 to 39
19 to 29
Is there anything wrong here?
dunny87:

i think u pray over it and God will show u d way
May be you are right.
Re: I M Troubled By Love by arramyjay: 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2008
Hey jemaima,sorry your parents arent approving it but i think there is a strong reason they dont want you to marry him you knw parents cud be funny at times they may have other reasons for nt wanting u to marry him be careful and dnt get pregnant just yet .listen to your parents.

rampagain:

there is nothing like been rude here ,especially when d poster is being stupid ,and u greatgut is also stupid

she posted this thread twice yesterday,and got replies,what else does she want?

let her do watever she wants to do and let me see road

nonsense

Rampagain that was very mean.

(1) (Reply)

I'm In Trouble Pls Help! / Hey! / New Scientific Discovery!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.