Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

SSS Invades Channels Tv - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Invades Channels Tv (8919 Views)

Again, Saraki’s Supporters Invades CCT Trial, Demands Fairness Of Trial [PHOTOS] / Benin Republic Invades Kwara, Nigeria Takes Over 16 Border Villages / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by habiolah(m): 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2008
well Me thinks channels was at fault even though the said story will definately contain at least 10% truth. But the reaction of th FG on the matter is simply an overdose. Dont broadcasters have a union? What the heck is NBC for? well, i think they should be the one to take action on the matter in accordance with their acts or constitution. What is the FG's bussiness in that? Don't they have more important things to do? Even the NBC is wrong in this respect because they are not making any effort at salvaging one of them from the axe of the government. This will simply intimidate other broadcasting stations and in effect make the whole NBC worthless.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by favcom(m): 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2008
Government had better rescided the decision or else, angry
I'm deeply disappointed in the decision
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nigeria10: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2008
His performance before now showed that he only had one - 'DO NOTHING!'.

sharp, do you want them to come to your house and close you too down.

My opinion to be president is my oga yar adua, you know say me I like you. And you know say me and my sister turai na family. Them no dey carry family. Ok now. or my joke about you na joke o. me dey joke ke ni. What i really want to say is that president should understand that the whole world would laugh at him and make joke. They do it to president George bush.  Look even president George bush laugh at those jokes and even attend those television program that cause him and he act like one of the actor on "satursday night ".

President Yar adua have to see all this as  a joke. Let not be too serious and know when someone is joking, who ever sent the email most have been joking. Who don ever see africa man step down as president before. NEVER. so our dear president please see it as a joke. and open channel tv, every news all over the world as tag you dictator. that not good for nigeria. And after you went sign the deal with iran , your name is already on the watch list of the FBI and other members of your party. This would make things worst for you and your party. trust me on this,  na truth i dey tell you.

When you get to the UN in new york know the FBI is watching you. And the FBI would  listen to everything you would say and who you are saying it to. even 1 km away.  And when you get back to nigeria  make sure you do not buy anything in america and other member of your family and others. Destroy all the clothes and anything you people used in the USA at the abuja airport. It may be bud. Your adviser have already put you on the watch list by making sign the iran deal. destroy include pen or pencil, shoes, clothes. bag. anything even your clothes. everybody i mean.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by lumideayo: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2008
wat i thought was dat maybe the news was true but the president was annoyed dat the news came out, do dy want our journalists to start lying.also the channelstv can release a news if it isn't from a reliable source.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by slyk2(m): 3:29pm On Sep 18, 2008
Such info must never be treated with kids gloves.

The treatment to the said TV house is in the right perspective.

How did they get the info, why will they air such news about our country without cross checking the source?
Where is their social responsibility in that aspect?

Are they in a basket mouth talk show?

Let more sanctions be meted out to them so as to serve as a deterant to others in the future.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2008
If Channels' news is threat against National Security,

What is Mend and other militant in the N/Delta

Let SSS go shut them down now!

Jobless bunch angry angry angry
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by onyx79(m): 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2008
I believe the Federal Govt overreacted. Period!
Channels is a responsible organisation, even when the story broke and they found out that the source was faulty, they promptly issued a retraction. The SSS overdid it. Am apalled at the whole thing. Its a sad day for press freedom and democracy in nigeria. The President's media managers have made a mess of their jobs giving the opportunity for the public to speculate on rumors and half-truths.
Please i use this medium to call on those concerned to release those in detention.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by chukxy44(m): 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2008
the closure of channels tv by president is babaric and un-called for. When did we return power to the military , i taught we were still under a democratic system of governace were press freedom is practise not just on lips. The rule of law should be made to take its rightful place in this issue. Channels TV should not only be re-opened but also duely compensated for the Grand loss.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by janami(f): 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2008
woteva happened to the fourth estate of the realm? its a free press we operate here in nigeria, being a democratic state.
wait sef. Wetin i dey talk? Na today? SSS have been storming channels like forever
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by funmio2: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2008
So,yannriadua could hear the news from Channels TV and react so fast, but he chose to turn deaf hears to the cries of the common man in the country. They are all crazy, infact mad. If he doesn't release this people soon, he will have himself to blame. I wish I had ICBM, I would have killed this people tete. Arrant nonsense.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by peeceelove(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2008
There might an element of truth in the report. Uncle Yarrrrr  can not handle the stress and dont be surprise, soon ,very soon the song will change. God Help Nigeria. lipsrsealed
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by onyx79(m): 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2008
I believe the Federal Govt overreacted. Period!
Channels is a responsible organisation, even when the story broke and they found out that the source was faulty, they promptly issued a retraction. The SSS overdid it. Am apalled at the whole thing. Its a sad day for press freedom and democracy in nigeria. The President's media managers have made a mess of their jobs giving the opportunity for the public to speculate on rumors and half-truths.
Please i use this medium to call on those concerned to release those in detention.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by favcom(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2008
femmace:

If Channels' news is threat against National Security,

What is Mend and other militant in the N/Delta

Let SSS go shut them down now!

Jobless bunch angry angry angry
Exactly my thots angry angry angry
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nigeria10: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2008
i have the reason to believe this is why channel was closed, to put fear in nigeria media who dare to speak the truth.
but see this picture and ask if you can hide the truth.

The first picture is a prove that NASA(USA responsible for space technology)  owns this pictures . notice nasa in this first pictures.

the other picture are zaria, maiduguri, sokoto , kano, kaduna, ibadan and lagos. Note this pictures are about the same scale in KM. So that nobody can claim I manipulated the picture or called it HOAX. I do think this pictures are the reason why channel  Television is been lock up.

let them correct the inbalance done to the yorubas and we create provinces, and make state part of the provinces. If you do not do this , you have created a forever disparity in Nigeria against the yorubas. If you fail to do this. The yorubas  youth may take arm against the federal govt of nigeria just like the Niger delta did. So much economy are you talking about then.

Even Yar adua would not remain president in a this-stable country , will he? And all this senators and reps would have no jobs. So even the wealth they are trying to protect we be destroy. I tell you Obasanjo and all the yorubas senators would be the first victim of the crisis when the problem start.

It may be like  1983 remember. The military would take over govt and Yar adua and all your democratic govt would be history. They need to act fast and act now. They can not avoid to delay. If they delay this project they may all be dead and not be able to tell the story.

Why do I say so. if a military government takes over nigeria. For that military govt to be accept by the international communinity they need to kill all office holder, from yar adua, to jonathan to bankole and mark and deputys. So that constitutionally there would be no replace for the international community to stop their dream .

ZARIA

MAIDUGURI

SOKOTO

kano 

kaduna

Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2008
'
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by CHIMSKY(m): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2008
AGABA,
U AND UR BROTHERS TRY.FIRST THE SSS SEALS UP CHANNELS TV. THEN NBC SUSPENDS ITS LICENCE.
BUT U KNOW; FOR A PRESIDENT WHO HAS BEEN SLOW AS A SNAIL WITH REGARDS TO ACTING ON REAL ISSUES,,ITS RATHER INSTRUCTIVE THAT HIS GOVERNMENT CAN MOVE WITH SUCH SPEED JUST BECAUSE OF A REPORT WHICH WE NOW KNOW ALLEGEDLY EMANATED FROM ITS OWN MOUTHPIECE,NAN.
NOTHING HAS CHANGED.THE PEOPLE WHO RULE US NOW WEAR FLOWING GOWNS AND NOT BATTLE FATIGUES BUT VERY UNFORTUNATELY THE MENTALITY HAS NOT CHANGED.'THE MORE THINGS CHANGE ,THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME.'
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by c33b33(m): 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2008
why are we suprise?a whole product of PDP and OBJ can do anything stupid
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by sharpman1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2008
Nigeria1:
sharp, do you want them to come to your house and close you too down.

Abeg oh!

I no mention any name. I am only a young man being amused by what is going on around him.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by sylve11: 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2008
@
femmace
good talk my brother, we so called president yaramumu is crazy lazy daft who doesnt know his left from his right. We need light, good water, and many things we are lacking and the crazy daft is after channel tv who aired wrong information. Na wa 4 channel tv too self, why them go dey monoyan, but dat is not enough for yaramumu and the ass hole sss to invade channel tv. I hate what  yaramumu and the sss, they are oppressing the masses and not only channel tv. That was how the fucking ass hole ibori of delta state closed down a radio station called J.F.M in warri for airing that his counterpart in the political level, his name is ( Ogboru ) won the election, the owner of the radio station passed through hell to re-opened the station. Mr yarmumu is a foolish goat, so as the fucking sss.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by vicero(m): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2008
Guys, this is not a matter of dictatorship. How can a station in the nation announce that the president 'has resigned'? This is not a matter of military rule. Do we know the effect of such a statement? It could cause civil unrest, and only God knows what other things could follow, besides, politicians? we can never say who might be behind such statement. It's a case of national security, you can't just go about and say rubbish without proper facts.
One Nigeria.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by churchmann: 8:35pm On Sep 18, 2008
Nigerian tv too know, shocked :' see the mess now cry cry cry shocked
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by churchmann: 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2008
pls can some one help me how is this building call

Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by 9jatitan(m): 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2008
I tink its about time our news media confirm there stories before printing, though the government responded heavily, but channels television should no better,
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by cabali(m): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2008
The president's illness has done a lot of harm. He has totally lost it.

and all u clowns sayIng he did right; i am sure u r not in the niger delta. MilitAnts have taken terroRism effectively. Why has d president not shut them down. Or is that not an issue of national threat?

We should call on d militants to come there and reopen d station lets see if d sss men will b there for a minute.

nigeria is too enormous for his alter ego pls

if he wants to show power, put an end to the oil war or resign and go for medical check up
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by cabali(m): 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2008
D guy is educated. I expected this from oobj and not him.

he doesnt seem to be able to hold d nation together anymore. He has left all outstanding issues to flex muscles with poor channels tv.

and when nan sends news is it usual to call them and say 'are u sure'?

abacha has strolled back into aso rock.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by subice(m): 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2008
I agree that Channels should have been more careful before airing a report like that, especially considering the current political mood. However, it is very difficult to justify the FG's reaction. For a government that has used 'rule of law' at any oppurtunity to justify questionable positions to the public, this is so uncalled for.  angry angry angry angry angry

His government delibrately lied and misled the public over his recent trip, yet Yaradua didn't feel there was anything wrong with that. Instead, since coming back, he's been wanting to flex his political muscles and prove that he's in charge. Right now he's acting like a narcissist who's just had his ego bruised. He seems to want to make himself the worst president we've had. At least we know what Obasanjo stood for, but as for Yaradua, he's the most deceptive of all. I'm sure Obasanjo is regretting big time. This is what you get when leaders are imposed on people; they do things brashly and without consideration. This singular action is a great setback for our young but slowly growing democracy. I hope this hasn't killed any little hope there was for the FOI bill. I also hope that our national assembly, especially the Senate, is brave enough to do the right thing.
On one note, Yaradua might just have shot himself in the foot. Many people in the north especially are getting disillusioned with him. He hasn't done anything to solve the problems of the country or to improve the economy and his slow pace in doing things is getting near legendary. Somehow, I think we might be better off without him. Supreme court, over to you.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by McKren(m): 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2008
so u people don't know the so called "rule of law" works only when its convenient?

Nigeria has never witnessed a more selective application of the rule of law.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by riah: 11:52pm On Sep 18, 2008
what rubbish,how can they even think of closing the station,for crying out loud why are wepracticing democracy if some goon will try to take away ones rights,why will they close the sation,everyone makes mistakes,and let the truth be told yaradua is very ill and it is bad enough that they have kept that a secret why should they point accusing fingers,they infact have to apologise to nigerians for witholding information![color=#770077][/color]
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by Nigeria10: 12:01am On Sep 19, 2008
To support the govt, if they can pay me $3 or 5 million for advertisement to project this govt. I will. I no run thier ad. I would carry ad for them for 3 years and into the election. That way I can pay my own staff too.

Now make i dey serious, Where is sss now, lagos or abuja
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by kemofash20: 3:02am On Sep 19, 2008
in 2006 nta put unconfirmed reports that the 3rd mainland has collapsed and nothing came out of it. now to me i feel that news was more misleading than saying yaradua will resign. yaradua is just crazy and does not know whats up. i posted a trend one time dat yaradua is messed up and people shoutd me down. that guy is bleeped.closing channels is a very babaric act.
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by MP007(m): 7:02am On Sep 19, 2008
no respect for the rule of law,
Re: SSS Invades Channels Tv by MrCrackles(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2008
Even though the reports was unconfirmed and appeared to have been oiled in the wheel by Yar'a DUNCE's detractors, nonetheless i still feel the closure and continued detainement of the top heirarchy of the TV station is really not necessary. God save our nation!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SE Traders Disown Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu / NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike / EFCC Hasn’t Violated Patience Jonathan’s Rights – Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.