Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,719 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final (12641 Views)

70 Match ban On Player For Referee Head-butt / Zidane's World Cup Head-butt Immortalised In Bronze / Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by diddy4(m): 3:18am On Jul 11, 2006
i support what he did. if i was in his position, i wud have punched the hell out of the damn asswipe. angry angry angry
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by rikkyjen(m): 3:22am On Jul 11, 2006
j-girl:

Yup but we keep learning new things and we keep growing. The most matured human being has an immature side. He will continue to grow. The italian idiot must have really hurt him. The head butt cannot compliment the emotional hurt that zizou received

Feminine thoughts at its best!! Full of sentiments and piety embarassed sad cheesy
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by pearl2(m): 3:22am On Jul 11, 2006
Grizzly:

wtf?!! grin
are u not supposed to douse the flames or what? shocked
You see I was disappointed by Zizou's action when we were watching.
Later, I was angry at the Italian that he was able to get at him at a very sensitive point for him to have reacted so violently.
I know that Italians can be very cynical,and don't mind using underhand method to achieve their aim.
I still remember with regret what they did to Amokachi and Amuneke in USA'94.They made calculated, vicious tackles on those powerhouse of our attack('supermen' according to their coach) and they went on to play in the finals.
We all know those 2 never fully recover from their injuries.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 3:23am On Jul 11, 2006
At least i did not disappoint you - i am a true female. lol
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by rikkyjen(m): 3:25am On Jul 11, 2006
j-girl:

At least i did not disappoint you - i am a true female. lol

Yeah you did, by supporting violence on the field of play wink
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Grizzly(m): 3:27am On Jul 11, 2006
hey wha's the big deal about the headbutt anyway, ? undecided
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 3:33am On Jul 11, 2006
No i support him retaliating by hurting physically instead of going deeper into the emotional state. It is self defence not violence
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by rikkyjen(m): 3:35am On Jul 11, 2006
Self defence in form of violence abi grin. We are still saying the same thang undecided
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 3:39am On Jul 11, 2006
He was being violent for a good cause.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Grizzly(m): 3:42am On Jul 11, 2006
j-girl, i'm begining to fear u o! shocked
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by rikkyjen(m): 3:43am On Jul 11, 2006
@ J girl ood , Im happy you have finally admitted that Zizou is a violent bald headed cock angry angry angry

Lets forget zizou for now, make we talk about your indianapolis trip!!! cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 3:43am On Jul 11, 2006
lol sure.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by rikkyjen(m): 3:45am On Jul 11, 2006
Ok J-girl, wats the arrangement like?? wink cheesy
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by jgirl3: 4:03am On Jul 11, 2006
I am not sure. Give me a couple more days and then i can be sure. I will sha get there soonest
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by shango(m): 5:08am On Jul 11, 2006
Italians are scum and the greaseball deserved the headbutt. If I was Zidane however I woulda done it at the end of the match, and I would have knocked his jaw off instead of a simple headbutt. Obviously the salami slurping guido said something to hit a nerve, and MatzyerASSi is a scumbag and an asshole.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Darkchild(m): 5:11am On Jul 11, 2006
If u guys noticed, Zidane was already walking away and even gave a slight smile before the Italian muttered something that made Zidane turn around and give him what he deserved!!!

Articles from the worlds newspaper as to what led Zidane to head butt that italian. I don't blame him tho, he is human afterall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=395046&in_page_id=1770

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28783-2263995,00.html
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by samsonebele(m): 5:19am On Jul 11, 2006
Hi all,

Honestly Zidane was already a target by the italians. Remember , they did it against Nigeria at the USA'94 WORLD CUP finals. They targeted Emmanuel Amuneke and Daniel Amokachie and injured them. That is why soccer could be defined as the ability to beat the referee's decision on the field of play.Zizou did but Zidane could not. He paid dearly for it

sam.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by shotta(m): 6:27am On Jul 11, 2006
close friend to obafemi my ass, materazzi or whatever be him name is guilty.
he got what he deserved, i praise zidane for keeping his cool and not stomping the man out because i would have beat the shit out of materazzi.

my mother a terrorist LovePeddler chei!
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by cocofinest(f): 6:51am On Jul 11, 2006
Materrazi deserved that head butt from Zidane,if he could pull a cheap shot of insulting him personally dat way,that shows "how much of a man he is" and do u notice how materazzi is so quick to say he is ignorant of the alleged racial insults and that he is friendS with a black man!!!maybe Zidane didn't exit his career in the glorious way we all wanted him to, but he is human like some pple had said,and he did wat he had to do at that moment by giving that in-famous well deserved head butt to that foul-mouthed italian .It's painfull enough that he had been insulted by ignorant pplle like materazzi all his career and pplle who pull stunts like dat shld take wat comes for them.And i'm definitely happy Zidane got that award,c'mon the man deserved it.GO ZIDANE smiley!!!SHAME ON U MATERAZZI tongue!!
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Chuckdee(m): 8:41am On Jul 11, 2006
Hey all,
I TOTALLY support Zidane in all ramifications. Yes, i accept the fact that the act did not show discipline but for goodness sake we are all humans and we definitley understand how emotions run within us when some particular words are uttered to us, some of them even generate a "ringing" effect to your ears that you feel like going mad and swear to everly retaliate if not possible at the moment, and something in me tells me Zeezee was really provoked.
You can even imagine the retort of Materazzi,   

""" It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist. I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means,' the Italian news agency Ansa quoted Materazzi as saying after the Italian team returned to Rome.

'The whole world saw what happened on live TV,' he added."""

take a closer look at the part he mentioned that the whole world  saw it on Tv, he stupidly forgot the WHOLE WORLD HEARD NOTING HE SAID ON TV!!

I mean, If FIFA with their all mighty knowall, power and all their wireless headphones for referees, cant detect exactly what was exchanged, then they should think about implanting Mics into the Jaycees of all players or something similar in future so as to decifer events like this.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by mochafella(m): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2006
erm, while we are all jumping over ourselves to defend Zidane, lets not forget that smack-talking is part of the gamesmanship that goes on in soccer, even at the "small pitch" level in 9ja between friends on opposing teams. Till this point no one knows what was said. Zizou is still silent, Matterazzi has denied some of the media reports.

While there is no doubt something serious was said, can we all be sure Zizou has never said a foul/vile word to his opponents. Let's not forget 1998 when he stamped on the Saudi player, was he abused then as well? Fact is Zizou does lose his temper and woe betide the opponent responsible. His head-butt should not be excused, whatever happened to talking smack back to Matterazzi. The greatest revenge would have being to be on the pitch and win.

In a few years Matterazzi will be forgotten and everyone will still be thinking what if Zizou had being on the field. What a big comma on his record.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by lioness(f): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2006
I tried to join heads with Zidane to knock that bloody italian down.

Hip Hip Zidane

Bleep Bleep Materrazi
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by hola2ng(m): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2006
Italy defender Marco Materazzi admitted on Tuesday he insulted Zinédine Zidane because he had been "very arrogant", according to La Gazetta dello Sport. The incident has been the subject of all sorts of speculation, and Materazzi is the first involved to give his version of the story.

"I held his shirt for a few seconds only, he turned to me, looked at me from top to bottom with utmost arrogance (and said): "if you really want my shirt, I'll give it to you afterwards". I answered him with an insult," admitted Materazzi in an interview with the Italian sports daily.

The Inter Milan player denied the insult was aimed at Zidane's sister but said:

"It was the type of insults that we've heard before so many times on the pitch, and sometimes we don't even notice it,

http://eurosport.co.uk/football/worldcup/2006/sport_sto923758.shtml
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Rottweiler(m): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2006
Some of you should KEEP QUIET! We are talking football here and not the quarrel between a husband and a wife! Zidane is a professional footballer and he should know better to restrain himself while on the pitch. There are other ways of revenging but not when the ball neither with you or your victim. A sensible footballer would tactfully 'hit back' in the course of a game with only a yellow card. Players trade insults in every game. Zidane shouldn't tell us that (whatever was said) was the first insult ever hurled at him. There are insults in almost all sports. Competitors always try to pyscologically destabilise opponents. If actually he was called a terrorist, jihadist, bomber, nigga? grin Arab, Al Queada or whatever, he actually comfirmed it by his actions. Only a terrorist would jeopardise his career or team's chances for a go at an opponent at such a critical moment!
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by lioness(f): 10:52am On Jul 11, 2006
your right Rottweiller undecided but you must admit cheesy that was some head butt.
And matterrazzi sure had it coming grin grin
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by babadee(m): 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2006
Zidane dissapoint me sef, e for just give the guy materazzi correct knack for head gbosa! instead of chest make im head scatter pata-pata make we know say e don happen abi which kain yeye fall materazzi come dey fall. olosi somebody!. i sure say im cuss Zizi well wey fit make am vex so tey like that. abeg anybody get that stupid materazzi add? i wan go help Zizi finish wetin im start.
once again, screw Italy and a painful unlubricated ass Bleep especially for materazzi!!!
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by MerC2(f): 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2006
Zizou was justified of course!
That stupid mafia pizza head
called him summin really racist.
I wuda pulled out ma desert eagle
on the asswipe angry angry
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by wiseguy(m): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2006
My only regret is that Zizou went for Materazzi's chest instead of mouth. I would have loved to see that his mouth bleed like hell. Zizou is human. Most of us will do worse if confronted with the same situation. And why is Materazzi ashamed of telling the world what happened? Ofcourse, he wont be proud of what he said and knows he deserved what he got. He should tell the world exactly what he said to Zidane instead of denying everything.

I love Zizou and I loved him more after the head butt.
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Darkchild(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2006
wiseguy,
infact U R VERY CORRECT. If I were zidane, I would have made sure that 2 of us would have been sent off the field. Me by red card, Him by Injury!!!!
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by MerC2(f): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2006
@ wiseguy & darkchild

You guys sed it all.
And yup! I love Zizou even more
now. Stupid pizza head! angry
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by Darkchild(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2006
Mer-C,

Love ur profile picture. Are the Lips realy urs?
Re: Zidane's Head Butt In World Cup 2006 Final by MerC2(f): 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2006
lol nah!
ma lips look betta than those wink kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Super Eagles Call Off Their strike In Egypt Over Unpaid Allowances / Netherlands Vs Ecuador: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) - Live / LMC Clarifies Timing In Katsina United Vs Remo Stars Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.