Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Should Ladies Propose To Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Ladies Propose To Men? (2627 Views)

Should Ladies Also Ration Feelings Of Affection Towards Their Partner? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Ladies Propose To Men? by emaculate: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2008
smileyShould ladies propose to men?
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by fellybabe(f): 2:13pm On Sep 22, 2008
, not african in nature but a woman can initiate an affair, i mean she can start a relationship but to propose? huh, i don't knowwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by MrCrackles(m): 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2008
no big deal!
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by spikedcylinder: 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2008
It might not seem like a big deal but in real life, it apparently is. undecided undecided
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Gamine(f): 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2008
For where??

Should women have P3nis undecided

didnt think so.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by chykeo(m): 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2008
If u meant marriage proposal then no! And I am yet to see anywhere in the world where women propose to mean. If you are talking abput relationships, a lady can initiate a relastionship somehow; covertly or overtly but unlady like to go directly and ask a man out. I go fear first shaa
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by agaba123(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2008
They have days in the UK when a woman is allowed to propose to a man.

So . .,. . .
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by shollyaj(m): 12:53am On Sep 23, 2008
Ladies could make moves why the guys do the finishing, that's just the way it is
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by mohawkchic(f): 2:08am On Sep 23, 2008
They have days in the UK when a woman is allowed to propose to a man.

So . .,. . .

~Every leap year me think undecided watched the news where the school teacher proposed to her b/f at the school paly . . .was sweet! Put him on the spot . . he cudnt say No either!! she pretended she was receiving an award from the school . . b/f showed up . . only for her to announce he was there under false pretences & asked the biggy Q "will you marry me"?

~Jeez . . . its just a question . . "Will you marry me?" Yes/No!! Its not that uncommon now-a-days for women to ask anyways!! Am dam sure its aint a taboo to ask either . . or is it? undecided

~Does it matter that much who's doing the asking? undecided . . Its not like the woman has to pay the drowy for the man if she asks & he says yes . . . or is it? grin

~Personally i don't see anything wrong w/ ladies proposing grin If my hubby didnt beat me to it,i would have asked!!

~Almost every woman dreams of her wedding day don't know about the proposal bit tho . .nver gave it much thought . . . but i imagine reading all those fairytale novels . . . an image of her Prince Charming going down on one knee & proposing . . . but realistically tho how many men do propose?!! undecided

~Am willing to bet the ladies will do a better job at proposing tho!!

~The way i see it,the only difference is "WILL" replaces "WHEN" as in how many times have ladies asked this question "When will you marry me" wink . . . . why not take off the "When" & ask "Will You Marry me?" . . You never know . . . . the worst that can happen is a two letter word . . No!! cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by dyabman(m): 3:41am On Sep 23, 2008
i think 2% Nigerian women will do that
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Tessynea(f): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2008
it's not ideal
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by foye57(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2008
i wudnt say its not ideal but its a daring adventure on the part of the woman.but nairalanders, dont u think it'll be an exciting for a woman to propose to u, hah dont say it yet?its doesnt mean she's cheap as we have been conditioned to believe, i'll find it exciting if it happens to me.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by rampagain: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2008
if there is a law guiding it in africa or naija,blive me its better for me to go against the law.even to a white man i can't
because i can't imagine myself proposing to a naija man,not when 98% of them have got the brains of toads
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by victorian(f): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2008
Hell, NOOOOOOOOOO! shocked
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by syren: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2008
it's a bit of a western thing and it's been done before, If they're comfortable with it then I don't see the problem.

Personally though, I wouldn't want to have to ask, i'd feel more asssured with him asking
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by gabelogan(m): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2008
dyabman:

i think 2% Nigerian women will do that

i think its a lot less than that, a whole lot less.

dnt knw why women are making a big deal out of it. afterall, they are thesame people agitating for gender equality. since women percieve themselves as equal, then they should also be able to propose to men too. afterall, its not so much of a big deal, its a yes or no question.

"will you marry me?"
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by tommyex(m): 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2008
Honestly I am a guy and all that, . .
But i wont advice a girl to propose to a guy, 90% of the time it wont work well where i come from
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by chessguru(m): 10:07pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ post

As a GENERAL RULE not only in Africa but most places in the world NO!! but to every general rule there are exceptions, so if the situation calls for it in a rare occassion, WHY NOT?? a lady can propose,
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Tatase(f): 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2008
as a 21st century liberated chick I feel in my heart like I should say "yes, why not" but mehn my common sense is like NO!
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by snazzydawn(f): 11:22pm On Sep 30, 2008
gabe_logan:

i think its a lot less than that, a whole lot less.

dnt knw why women are making a big deal out of it. afterall, they are thesame people agitating for gender equality. since women percieve themselves as equal, then they should also be able to propose to men too. afterall, its not so much of a big deal, its a yes or no question.

"will you marry me?"

ok, mr logan, will you marry me?? grin grin grin
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by agaba123(m): 11:30pm On Sep 30, 2008
snazzydawn:

ok, mr logan, will you marry me?? grin grin grin

what? I will call him naah.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by snazzydawn(f): 11:48pm On Sep 30, 2008
go ahead , you think say I go run?
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by A40(m): 12:21am On Oct 01, 2008
Why not what a man can do a woman can do better innit?
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by dyabman(m): 1:12am On Oct 01, 2008
tell them
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by pawn89(m): 1:39am On Oct 01, 2008
i dont see anything wrong with that. if a woman can initiate an affair, why cant she propose?
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by akaa(f): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2008
IT`S NOT PROPER, BIBLE SAYS HE WHO FINDS A WIFE, NOT SHE WHO FINDS A HUSBAND
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by whitelexi(m): 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2008
Any woman proposing to me is wasting her time. For the singular reason that u proposed to me - even if you're my God-given wife, i no go accept cool
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2008
Well, it is not illegal so I guess there's no problem, but me personally, I'd rather shave my head lipsrsealed
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by dyabman(m): 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2008
ibkaye:

Well, it is not illegal so I guess there's no problem, but me personally, I'D rather shave my head lipsrsealed

with a rake right? tongue
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2008
@dyab
why not tongue
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by k1banty(m): 1:08am On Oct 02, 2008
in africa?

Capital NO

Culture and tradition does not allow such a thing.

there are ways ladies could make men propose to them, even with style but if it is the opposite then the lady would appear as being over desperate. (it may not work)
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by jpphilips(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2008
@

what a question;
shows up @ your place hugs and exclaims; ''check if it will fit''
what? a [b]BIKINI[/b]

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me! My Girl Keep Frustrating Me In Our Relationship / I Just Left My Girlfriend I Pray She Finds Some1 Beta / My Boyfriend Dumped Me For A Secondary School Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.