Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Ogboni Frat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogboni Frat (104726 Views)

My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader / Powerful Herbalist And Ogboni Cult Ruler Gives His Life To Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogboni Frat by YinkaGal(f): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2006
Does anyone know about the fraternity?, I just need information about it them.

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by mrmayor(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2006
Yinka,

Do you mean Ogboni Fraternity,never heard of Ogbono frat.

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by Busta(f): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2006
neva heard bout it either?

u wanna join?
Re: Ogboni Frat by kellorah: 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2006
HEARD ABOUT IT. IT'S FOR DESPERATE PPL LOOKIN FOR MONEY WILLING TO DO NE FING TO GET MONEY

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by YinkaGal(f): 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2006
Yes, I mean that.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Busta(f): 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2006
thanx guys smiley

took it off tho
Re: Ogboni Frat by mrmayor(m): 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2006
YinkaGal,

I don't know much about Ogboni fraternity,I do know that Nigerians are scared of them.They are reputed supposed to be ritualistic,witches,blood suckers.I have heard that they (frat member) exchange their heads with those of friends and family to extend their life span.
Apparently every once in a while the cult would demand you sacrifice a loved one in return you would more successful and more powerful in society.

I have heard that countless people have repented and recounted all their evil acts when they became born again,what I do know is that frat members do not pretend or hide the fact they belong to Ogboni Fraternity,so much for it being a secret society.People known to be frat member are usually feared and I've heard that armed robbers never visit them.I don't know how true these stories go.

You can get more info on the net,

Source.     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogboni

Ogboni (also known as Osugbo in Ijèbú) is a fraternal institution indigenous to the Yoruba-speaking polities of western Nigeria and eastern Republic of Bénin. The society performs a range of political and religious functions, including exercising a profound influence on regents and serving as high courts of jurisprudence in capital offenses.

Though versions or lodges of this fraternal group are found among the various types of Yoruba polities——from highly-centralized kingdoms and empires like Oyo, to the independent towns and villages of the Ègbá and the Èkiti——the Ogboni are recognizable for their veneration of the personified earth (Ilè or Odua) and their emphasis on gerontocratic authority and benevolent service to the town. While membership in the Ogboni generally signified a high level of power and prestige, the society held pre-eminent political authority among decentralized groups like the Ègbá, where they were intimately involved in the selection of regents.

Ogboni lodges were one of the main commissioners of brass jewelry and sculpture in precolonial Yorubaland, using the metal's rust-resistant qualities as an apt metaphor for the immortal functions and beliefs of Ogboni adepts. The most recognizable of these symbols was a pair of Ogboni initiates, one male and one female, attached by a chain and worn around the neck. The pair are thought to symbolize the attachment of the sexes in procreation and balanced society. Generally, one or both figures will hold a thumb in the grip of the opposite hand, demonstrating the paramount Ogboni handsign denoting initiation and membership.

Various fraternities in Nigeria have incorporated references and insignia from the original Ogboni, including the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity, the Indigenous Ogboni, and various others. Many of these contemporary societies combine elements of Ogboni’s historical functions with superficially similar institutions like Freemasonry and the Rotary Club.

Similar traditional institutions combining political, judicial, and sacred duties exist among the various ethnic nationalities of southern Nigeria, including Okonko in Igbo-speaking southeast Nigeria and Ekpe/Ngbe/Ugbe in the Cross River region of southeastern Nigeria and southwestern Cameroon. Initatory sodalities, or "secret societies", are a common feature of precolonial government across much of West and Central Africa.

when there members die, they take there body parts*

2 Likes

Re: Ogboni Frat by YinkaGal(f): 11:00am On Jul 12, 2006
Thank you, for the information you have provided.
Re: Ogboni Frat by mrmayor(m): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2006
Yinkagal,

I'll get back to you on the Reformed Ogboni Frat,I'll speak to a friend whose dad is a long time member.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Ogboni Frat by YinkaGal(f): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2006
Re: Ogboni Frat by kellorah: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2006
there's this song yeah
'ogboni power,powerless power'

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by YinkaGal(f): 7:54am On Jul 20, 2006
Kellorah, please share.

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by kellorah: 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2006
lol. i dont know the full thing
Re: Ogboni Frat by ezinwa(m): 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2006
[color=#990000][/color]i want to let you kno that ogboni confraternity and reform ogboni confraternity are two differet things. plz i am interested in R O F. any body kno the way?

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by LiquidMind(m): 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2006
all frat are satanic
Re: Ogboni Frat by kellorah: 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2006
DIDNT KNOW THERE WERE 2 TYPES! undecided

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by kay4suree(m): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2006
OH YEAH MEN OF EVIL THINKER REPENT FOR THE COMING OF SON OF MAN IS IMMINENT. THAT YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE THEY ARE STAYING,ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU DONT HAVE INTENTIONS?OGBONI BELONG TO DEVIL IT SHOULD BE SHUN grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by kellorah: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2006
yeah it's evil. that's all you need to know

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by Rottweiler(m): 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2006
@YinkGal
The choice is yours. Do whatever you want, Good luck grin

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by kellorah: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2006
YINKA WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SHARE? I'M NOT A MEMBER undecided
Re: Ogboni Frat by nigo: 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2006
I'm quite sure who ever introduced this ogboni idea to you made it sound very appealing and nice. they probably told you some shit about being brothers and family. but if you love your life, and that of your loved  ones, you will stay away from that cult. i reapeat with great emphasis [/b][b]STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THE CULT AS YOU CAN. Don't say that you have not  be warned. but if you value wordly possesions above all things like your life, hahappinesspeace of mind and yoyou'reamily go for it. you should know by now that when the devil gives you something, he uses it to own and torment your life. A WORD IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE WISE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

3 Likes

Re: Ogboni Frat by charlo(m): 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2006
everyone of these cult groups is evil and bad. Ogboni is a well known Yoruba cult group. They get rich for real but at a very high cost. As high as paying with the most loved member of their immediate family. Most of their family members get to knowafter their death, and that is when the members come to claim the body of their departed member. they take responsibility of burying their members after ripping their hearts off to do whatever with. ther is no cult group that is worth joining. why wold anyone choose to join a group like that? There is no answer to any question else where than in christ.

2 Likes

Re: Ogboni Frat by diddy4(m): 12:32am On Jul 21, 2006
they are evil and devilish and if u join, there aint no way out so better be careful b4 u end up hating your life 4 eva. the devil gives with one hand and takes double with the other hand. you've be warned.

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by Eurphoria(f): 12:41am On Jul 21, 2006
cry (said my piece and gone)
Re: Ogboni Frat by diddy4(m): 12:43am On Jul 21, 2006
**peeps into thread**

**removes his tims**

**runs for dear life**

2 Likes

Re: Ogboni Frat by Idekeson(m): 2:59am On Jul 21, 2006
Ogboni is just a cult. Like every cult, the secrecy of their activities makes them feared and all kinds of imaginary powers attributed to them. Due to our voodoo based culture, such stories can be really compelling and believable. Do they engage in ritual murders? Sure, like most cults in Africa. The fact remains that no amount of ritual can guarantee economic power or any power for that matter. There are always benefits that naturally flow from such cults, especially if the members happen to be influential in the community. Some of these benefits may translate into economic gains for members. There is no magic wand to wave for cash. It's all in the mind.

6 Likes

Re: Ogboni Frat by Mystique(f): 7:43am On Jul 21, 2006
Its a deadly cult, if u're thinking of joining, then prepare to lose ur loved ones, or you lose ur own life embarassed

***Whether its reform ogboni or not, they're all the same***

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 21, 2006
i see no reasoon why someone would want to join a cult (whether reformed or not)
if you need to belong somewhere. join a group in the church or mosque.

1 Like

Re: Ogboni Frat by gigitte(f): 9:49am On Jul 21, 2006
lmao @ ogbono frat!
Re: Ogboni Frat by seeker(m): 10:50am On Jul 21, 2006
Yep! I also joined the re-cooked ogbono fraternity many years ago (not being igbo and all), and it's delicious. The only thing that got killed was a cow.

3 Likes

Re: Ogboni Frat by tianshie(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2006
@yinkagirl
Do you have a photocopier?

Yes? Okay here's what to do;
photostat your life
that of your friends
that of your family

Done that?
Okay now you can join.
Happy gbege!

2 Likes

Re: Ogboni Frat by YinkaGal(f): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2006
I just wanted some information about the them. Not to join.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" / Apostle Suleman's Face As Stephanie Otobo Confesses In His Church (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.