Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,953 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Water Elements And 'Water Children' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Water Elements And 'Water Children' (101040 Views)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (oct. 13th 2015) -ELEMENTS PROVIDE SUPPORT / 40 Days Word And Water Therapy Challenge / Who Created Darkness And Water? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Ishilove: 1:08am On Mar 15, 2015
I just had a most interesting conversation with a friend. Let's call him 'Dada'. Dada is a bible believing Christian and he mentioned that he doesn't believe that Satan and Lucifer are one and the same spirit, but that is a topic for another day.

What prompted me to bring up this topic was Dada's opinion on a subject that has puzzled me for years because it is close to me heart and I will love to get the views of nairalanders. It is 'The Water Element'.

What is the Water Element? According to Dada, there are some people who are 'from the water', and that itself is not a bad thing. I have a very close pal who belongs to this class of people. She is the first born of her family. According to her, before she (my friend) was born, her mother had a dream, and in this dream, she was in front of a river. Someone dipped their hands inside the river and brought out a baby girl and gave it to her mother.

That same month, her mother conceived and gave birth to my friend 9mths later. Now my friend, who is in her 30s has had dreams where she sees herself in the water with a crown on her head. She has gone for deliverance session several times but these water thingy goes on casual leave, only to return after some months. She didn't ask to ''come from the water'', but finds herself in that situation.

In another illustration, I have sat down and interviewed a woman who claims she was born with a cowrie and a piece of thread in her hand. This lady is from the riverine area, and she has communes with water spirits as a result of the circumstances of her birth.

The Yoruba call this set of people 'awon omo omi', the water children.

Now, Dada says it isn't so bad being someone with the water element, but such a person should not let the influence of the water element become excessive because if it does, such a person will start 'misbehaving'.

These things are very real, and It's all rather confusing and I will like experienced nairalanders to shed more light on this phenomenon.

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nostradamus: 1:21am On Mar 15, 2015
stuffs like this interest me

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Tolexander: 1:29am On Mar 15, 2015
those are the pikins of the mammy waters

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Ishilove: 1:34am On Mar 15, 2015
Tolexander:
those are the pikins of the mammy waters
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Xyge(m): 1:48am On Mar 15, 2015
Sometimes when such issues come up, I'm tempted to attribute them to superstition.... Dunno, but in as much as my interest is Piqued when this phenomenon is being mentioned anywhere, I am skeptical as to if to even contribute..... 1. 'Cause I've never had experience with them, 'awon omo omi'.. 2. I DO NOT PRAY TO..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by abdulslutsky(m): 3:17am On Mar 15, 2015
Hmmmmm...kayefi!!
I really don't know much about this,but I think they are real. Its funny that I even had a lengthy discussion about this with someone yesterday.
His opinion was that before these people can be delivered from such spiritual elements, there must be that free will on their part to let go.
They or whoever is in charge of their life must be willing to be
subservient to higher authority , otherwise, a deliverance session from now till thy kingdom come will only be a futile exercise

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by adebayo201: 5:26am On Mar 15, 2015
why is it that they don't give a male child, just female?!

angry

#to guys, don't toy with these ladies called omo omi, they can make one's life lipsrsealed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by twosquare(m): 7:15am On Mar 15, 2015
All children belongs to God. But wait ooo ishilove baby...why revealing our secrets here now....remember we have meeting this evening in the Pacific ocean...I will report you to Olori(leader).

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 15, 2015
Nice one
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 15, 2015
Sorry buh if you are by any way linked to such water deities(whether MAMMY Or PAPPY WATER), then i must tell you that you are in a big bondage, nd u should brace up urself for problems, i mean real life problems.
There are stories often told of some people whose parents dedicated their birth and life to such deity and their life had been in shreds & pieces.
At times people complain of issues of different kind: how they have finished sch. Without a job, business set-back, barreness, failure in exams, marriage delay and the likes-- these happenings might be caused by those water elements with which those individual persons had a mutual agreement that bonds them to such deities nd the person in question refused to keep to the do's nd dont's.
Those water elements or whatever they are called, are devil's agent nd u should have nothing to do with them.

16 Likes

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by engrtee(f): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2015
Water children are emotional and loving

4 Likes

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 15, 2015
engrtee:
who told u dat?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 15, 2015
engrtee:
who told u dat? Or how did u knw?

10 Likes

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Acekidc4(m): 8:47am On Mar 15, 2015
Mammy Water Alert oh!!

Run for Your Dear Life!! Lol!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by krystal101(f): 9:25am On Mar 15, 2015
Hmmmm... I'm seriously following.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Ishilove: 12:48pm On Mar 15, 2015
The question is, how do such children come about?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by RAO1(m): 12:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
brb
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by donigspain(m): 12:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
What about terrestrial?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Hmmmmm...its true,there are different clans in the water too,the good and the bad. That boy that looks like satan; allureofthesea or is it allureoftheseas should come and explain better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by DesChyko: 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Last I checked, sex produce babies.
One can't overrule the possibility though. Things happen.

3 Likes

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2015
Sorry... But only those that have an encounter with what you talking about could explain better.

Although i have heard & seen some cases,... It appears that they are mostly women & not just ordinary women,but beautiful ones.heard you don't step on their toes,cos that spirit guarding em would deal with you.

2 Likes

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by zonax(m): 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
I don't think they really exist, just myths

3 Likes

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Elmickzy(m): 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
fallacy!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by teemanbastos(m): 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
God dey o.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
engrtee:
Yes they are.

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by ignis: 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
Demons in human form
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Jostico: 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
glo everywhere you go grin

2 Likes

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by adepiero: 12:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ha! Nkan be...

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by BizBloke(m): 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
It's very real. I don't know how or why it happens but I believe it does happen.

Some people often regard those who live close to the river/water area as water people: Urhobos, etc. Some have the water element but I don't know how it affects the lives of those who have it although I think there must be some control factor from the water spirits.

This earth is too deep.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by deadie(m): 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
Now my friend, who is in her 30s has had dreams where she sees herself in the water with a crown on her head.
No be only crown. Rubbish.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Wuuworld(m): 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
Light and darkness has nothing in common...am a child of light,I don't discuss anything dt has to do with darkness...let it be a taboo unto me to praise mammy water or say anything to glory itz kingdom....

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / 3 Men Carrying Sacrifice In Ikorodu, Forced To Eat It (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.